Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dragon Bones comes out in < 2 weeks and DKs are still a complete mess

Vosital
Vosital
✭✭✭✭
DB was announced for Feb 12. Yet the current state of DKs basically leaves them at a completely unplayable, especially in competitive PvE content. Zenimax, you have a ton of work to do if you plan on making this class even remotely playable by release. I'd much rather you figure out what your doing, even if it means pushing back release date. If this patch goes out as is, an entire class of the game is going to be useless up until the next chapter. That is not okay at all.
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if half the game is broken, Zenimax will still release it on the date. There’s many things that need to be fixed that are continually brought up in the forum, but they are ignored and Zenimax will not push the PTS further to fix these issues. Yeah, it’s an issue but they don’t seem to care. Just like the resource genocide before Morrowind that everyone was against, yet they didn’t push Morrowind back, they just said “well, we can fix it later”... it’s always “will be fixed later” or “there will be a balance update later”.. if/when it finally comes it usually adds one cool thing and breaks 25 other ok things. Zenimax needs to get their crap together and listen to not just the community but more so the veteran players that may be able to fix this game before another MMORPG comes along and steals the player base. Because I know that’s all I’m waiting for, and it will be Ashes of Creation for me. With all this ignoring ZOS is just digging themselves into a hole, it’s a wonder why they haven’t popped out on the other side of the world by now.
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valykc wrote: »
    Even if half the game is broken, Zenimax will still release it on the date. There’s many things that need to be fixed that are continually brought up in the forum, but they are ignored and Zenimax will not push the PTS further to fix these issues. Yeah, it’s an issue but they don’t seem to care. Just like the resource genocide before Morrowind that everyone was against, yet they didn’t push Morrowind back, they just said “well, we can fix it later”... it’s always “will be fixed later” or “there will be a balance update later”.. if/when it finally comes it usually adds one cool thing and breaks 25 other ok things. Zenimax needs to get their crap together and listen to not just the community but more so the veteran players that may be able to fix this game before another MMORPG comes along and steals the player base. Because I know that’s all I’m waiting for, and it will be Ashes of Creation for me. With all this ignoring ZOS is just digging themselves into a hole, it’s a wonder why they haven’t popped out on the other side of the world by now.

The question is when will it really start to hurt their business from a monetary point of view?
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    that's why everyone is calling it "Dragonknight Bone"
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Even if half the game is broken, Zenimax will still release it on the date.

In the eternal battle over release dates between corporate accountants fighting for the company’s bottom line and game players/subscribers fighting for much needed game fixes, the suits win every single time.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Even if half the game is broken, Zenimax will still release it on the date.

In the eternal battle over release dates between corporate accountants fighting for the company’s bottom line and game players/subscribers fighting for much needed game fixes, the suits win every single time.

Till people stop paying for things.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • kvlou79
    kvlou79
    ✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    that's why everyone is calling it "Dragonknight Bone"

Dragonknight Boned. Fixed that for ya ;)
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The question is when will it really start to hurt their business from a monetary point of view?

I’d be willing to bet it won’t, ever. They are likely kept in business by casual players who do nothing but quest around like this is TES 6. That’s not a knock on them, they can do whatever they want. But those are also the players who don’t raid, don’t min-max pvp if they do it, don’t learn the more in depth game mechanics, and certainly don’t come to the forums. They might not even know anything about updates other than new stuff is coming.

rip decibel
  • rustic_potato
    rustic_potato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait who even plays mDKs on live for serious PVE content anymore? They have been kinda useless ever since stam started outperforming magika.
    I play how I want to.

• Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait who even plays mDKs on live for serious PVE content anymore? They have been kinda useless ever since stam started outperforming magika.

This is sad, but true. This patch doesn't really change much for mDKs. They were useless before, and they're more useless now. Competitive groups will still have the same amount of mDKs in them as they do now: 0
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next DLC might as well be advertised as "No More Dragonknights" with the description of "In this chapter of the Elder Scrolls Online, witness the death of the order of Dragonknights! *Class change sold separately. Only through Crown Store.*
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on January 31, 2018 11:16PM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Hamburglarjones
    Hamburglarjones
    ✭✭✭

I did some testing on PTS with a friend yesterday, magDK is genuinely performing worse than mag warden.
    Boone
    Dunmer Magicka DragonKnight
    MagDK raid build guide
    Guild: Dragon's Crest - retired
    World's 3rd vHoF clear & 3rd vHoF HM clear
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Class change sold separately. Only through Crown Store.*

We wish..
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And this is just the beginning. DKs been scapegoat for a several years now. This nerfing rampage will not stop.

(reroll, if you want to stick with this game)

Edited by Anhedonie on February 1, 2018 4:01AM
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I did some testing on PTS with a friend yesterday, magDK is genuinely performing worse than mag warden.

Oh, please, post the parses? I'd find magwarden getting to #4 mage as a result of dk nerfs highly interesting. In the same sort of way car crash videos are. :)
    Edited by Erraln on February 1, 2018 4:31AM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Money>gameplay. In the same vein how PvE gets pumped like mad but Cyro is dead.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deadknight
    #MOREORBS
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I plan on playing my other characters a lot more once my Sorc hits Legate. Very much looking forward to it and especially the DK experience (TM).
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Deadknight

the necromancer class no one wanted
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a MagDK main who likes to do both PvP and PvE, this continued hostility from the gameplay dev team (looking at you, Wroebel) towards my class and my spec is starting to become really frustrating.

It seems like every patch and update has some new nerfs and tweaks (read: more nerfs) towards the DK class, and especially the MagDK spec of the class.

How long do you intend to let the MagDK suffer from being OP more than 2 years ago? Heck, I wasn't even playing back then.
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vosital wrote: »
    DB was announced for Feb 12. Yet the current state of DKs basically leaves them at a completely unplayable, especially in competitive PvE content. Zenimax, you have a ton of work to do if you plan on making this class even remotely playable by release. I'd much rather you figure out what your doing, even if it means pushing back release date. If this patch goes out as is, an entire class of the game is going to be useless up until the next chapter. That is not okay at all.

META tank - DK are the only class that fill the end game competitive PVE tank role. Wardens come close. Other classes do not, that is almost having a monopoly on that role ^^

Whilst the changes for DPS role may not be to everyone liking, the only role for DK that is a complete mess is healer. They are in a WAY worse place than DPS.
    Edited by aeowulf on February 1, 2018 9:10AM
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    mDK is dead. Iam sure they will drop the patch on the live servers and bringing some last minute changes (untested) which will screw up the game at least a week or two (in terms of stability and bugs) and will completely disregard (or use it for the opposite) all PTS test feedback and apply more changes where everyone will think WTF and WHY?!?!?!

same old
    same old^^

I just wish I could alliance change my Warden... :(

edit:
    also, if they bring the "Battlemage" class with the next chapter Iam pretty sure all suggestions made for DKs will be used to build up the new class, just like they did with Wardens last year (hello Shimmering Shield). We might also get a 1-handed magicka weapon skill line (which we mDKs been waiting for since release). we will still be better of with the new class cause $$$...
    Edited by coplannb16_ESO on February 1, 2018 9:13AM
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    I plan on playing my other characters a lot more once my Sorc hits Legate. Very much looking forward to it and especially the DK experience (TM).

Genuinely looking forward to your forum posts RE: DK balance after you've played the class for a couple of months in PvP lol
    Invictus
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Genuinely looking forward to your forum posts RE: DK balance after you've played the class for a couple of months in PvP lol

I‘ll be just as unbiased and objective as I always try to be. If it’s bad I’ll say it’s bad. Promised.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I‘ll be just as unbiased and objective as I always try to be. If it’s bad I’ll say it’s bad. Promised.

That's why I'm looking forward to it. You seem like a reasonable dude so I'm interested to see if your opinion on mDK changes.
    Invictus

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's why I'm looking forward to it. You seem like a reasonable dude so I'm interested to see if your opinion on mDK changes.

Thank you. I’ll revisit the topic in a month or two after the update is live for sure.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That kind of mentality is a reason why bow builds for pve will never be buffed or reworked. Just as you put it that "stam took over melee" mag has ranged domimance. Why can both have both?
    Edited by JobooAGS on February 1, 2018 1:28PM
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »

That kind of mentality is a reason why bow builds for pve will never be buffed or reworked. Just as you put it that "stam took over melee" mag has ranged domimance with buying apex legends badge boosts. Why can both have both?

Stam being best melee, and mag being best ranged is fine, until you consider the melee-only mags, like DKs.
    Edited by Stamden on April 21, 2019 10:35PM
    PC NA

• Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only way for mdk to be saved is for the new off balance system to be completely scrapped and let's face it that's not going to happen. It's become apparent that it's more important for certain peoples ideas to be implemented over then doing whats right for the game. The writing is clearly on the wall about how this change is devastating to an already under performing and undesirable class and they just don't care.
  • Longstride
    Longstride
    ✭✭✭
    This has been ZOS modus operendi since the game launched. They take limited feedback from the PTS players, launch an inferior product, then treat the live players as beta testers.

There is NO reasonable explanation for seperating content releasing updates from class balance adjustmentd when combat mechanics and class skills are changed with the content addition. Were they to simply release new dungeons and NOT fundamentally alter combat mechanica, it would be acceptable to have a later balance update. The developers do not play their own game as they should. Period.

Also, I again question @ZOS_Wrobel 's credentials. He is woefully out of step for the initial vision of this game and consistently attempts to mould it into a generic WoW clone where your role is determined by the class you play.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you played a MagDk in competitive end-game content before this next patch you were doing it wrong anyways. I haven't seen one in a trial or anything in months. Why is this patch the one where everyone decides to get all hysterical? MagDk has been unplayable in PvE for months before this

Edit: I made mine into a Battlegrounds character and he excels. Still BiS class for PvP imo. Outperforms everyone in duels and is great for small-medium group play.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on February 1, 2018 4:35PM