Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does any StamDk here feel the heroic slash nerf?

• pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    BohnT wrote: »
    Izaki wrote: »
    Ocelot9x wrote: »
    I really don't understand why we are the only class with only 2 stamina morphs in the game.

Stam Sorcs have only 1 stamina morph in the game.

Dark Deal, Hurricane, surge

Bound armaments with a passive stamina execute.

not to mention slotting bound armaments grants you %20 stam and hp recovery, with the daedric protection and it stacks with major recovery buffs as far as I know.

But I am obviously asking for too much when I say revert battle roar.

It also requires you to double bar it. You basically compared 1 stam sorc ability that needs two slots + one passive with one DK passive. How does that even make any sense?

It isn't really a huge sacrifice when you consider you can use overload bar for certain abilities and even dark deal.

Dk sustain is all stamDK has.The class is meant to have the best sustain, which isn't the case anymore.
    So this is why bound armaments is sooo important. that skill is a double slot, but it gives you more sustain than a stamDk gets, if you're not planning on a permablock build.

On my stamDK 2h build I use FoO on back bar, and evil hunter on front bar.

On my stamsorc I am planning to use bound armaments+draugr hulk+ weapon crit pots to compensate for the less crit.
    I can also go bone pirate instead for insane regen and in that case I won't even need to dark deal for the most part, but why bother with that when I can pop an immo pot and dark deal for free?

Not saying stamsorc is the best class or anything,I think they are well balanced right now. but its definitely is not below stamDK by any means, and it will be even better than it already is, when the next patch goes live.

Only thing stamDK does better right now is permablocking, which I believe shouldn't even be a thing at this point, and its only really gonna work against potatoes.

But...

If you think stamDK with its two dots+blockcasting are better to have than all the amazing stuff stamsorcs has, by all means, go and play a stamDk. See for yourself.

And here we go again. This is becoming a habit. I didnt compare stam DK with stam sorc in terms of which class is better overall. Seriously what is up with all DKs and you all become automatically hostile to anyone that dares to say anything about ur class apart from buff it.

I just simply stated that ur comparison makes no sense cause it simply doesnt. You compared 1 passive vs 1 toggle + 1 passive. Yes obviously the latter is going to be better. Thats like 2 abilities + 1 passive. The issue would be if it wasnt better. And bound armaments isnt so important. Not sure where u are getting this info. Half of stamsorcs dont even use it. Stam sorcs get their sustain from dark deal, not a 20% regen passive that they can only use if they slot a toggle which isnt even that good. And yes its not that good. If you compare it with inner light it becomes obvious that both morphs of bound armor need a complete rework.
    Edited by pieratsos on January 31, 2018 9:12AM
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    I really don't understand why we are the only class with only 2 stamina morphs in the game.

Noxious breath,
    Venomous Claw,
    Take Flight

Are all physical/poison based making them good for stamina. Unless of course you don't count incap, crescent, and warden bear in your other calculations. In that case, carry on.

Wasn't counting take flight since it's an ultimate. And yeah,stamina dk is the only class with only 2 useful stamina skills/passives.
    Stamina sorc is close behind but his kit provides tons of more useful skill

As a Stamplar I only have one useful stamina morph for damage: Biting Jabs.
    The other is Javelin, which can be a usefull CC, but the scaling from stamina isn't something that makes it's damage worth mentioning.

Besides that Stam DKs have better magicka utility than a Stamplar and better rescource management.

Don't see the problem.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

not to mention slotting bound armaments grants you %20 stam and hp recovery, with the daedric protection and it stacks with major recovery buffs as far as I know.

It also requires you to double bar it. You basically compared 1 stam sorc ability that needs two slots + one passive with one DK passive. How does that even make any sense?

It isn't really a huge sacrifice when you consider you can use overload bar for certain abilities and even dark deal.

Dk sustain is all stamDK has.The class is meant to have the best sustain, which isn't the case anymore.
    So this is why bound armaments is sooo important. that skill is a double slot, but it gives you more sustain than a stamDk gets, if you're not planning on a permablock build.

On my stamsorc I am planning to use bound armaments+draugr hulk+ weapon crit pots to compensate for the less crit.
    I can also go bone pirate instead for insane regen and in that case I won't even need to dark deal for the most part, but why bother with that when I can pop an immo pot and dark deal for free?

Not saying stamsorc is the best class or anything,I think they are well balanced right now. but its definitely is not below stamDK by any means, and it will be even better than it already is, when the next patch goes live.

Only thing stamDK does better right now is permablocking, which I believe shouldn't even be a thing at this point, and its only really gonna work against potatoes.

But...

If you think stamDK with its two dots+blockcasting are better to have than all the amazing stuff stamsorcs has, by all means, go and play a stamDk. See for yourself.

And here we go again. This is becoming a habit. I didnt compare stam DK with stam sorc in terms of which class is better overall. Seriously what is up with all DKs and you all become automatically hostile to anyone that dares to say anything about ur class apart from buff it.

I just simply stated that ur comparison makes no sense cause it simply doesnt. You compared 1 passive vs 1 toggle + 1 passive. Yes obviously the latter is going to be better. Thats like 2 abilities + 1 passive. The issue would be if it wasnt better. And bound armaments isnt so important. Not sure where u are getting this info. Half of stamsorcs dont even use it. Stam sorcs get their sustain from dark deal, not a 20% regen passive that they can only use if they slot a toggle which isnt even that good. And yes its not that good. If you compare it with inner light it becomes obvious that both morphs of bound armor need a complete rework.

except I didn't go hostile on you.

You are the only one acting hostile here now. I am only explaining to you why I believe stamsorc with armaments has better sustain than stamDK in general, and while I might be right or wrong, I do have some solid reasoning behind the things I say here.

I am not saying ''nerf stamsorc'', I am not saying ''sorc is this strong so lets make stamDK even stronger''

I am just saying what it is.

Read my post again and tell me where I go aggressive on you.

Also for your info I actually rerolled my stamDk so I am no longer a Dk main. Call me a meta boy or whatever, I Don't care. I plan to play stamsorc for a while now.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on January 31, 2018 9:46AM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But...

You are the only one acting hostile here now. I am only explaining to you why I believe stamsorc with armaments has better sustain than stamDK in general, and while I might be right or wrong, I do have some solid reasoning behind the things I say here.

I am not saying ''nerf stamsorc'', I am not saying ''sorc is this strong so lets make stamDK even stronger''

Also for your info I actually rerolled my stamDk so I am no longer a Dk main. Call me a meta boy or whatever, I Don't care. I plan to play stamsorc for a while now.

You went hostile cause as soon as i said something which isnt in favour of DK you started telling me how bad DKs are compared to stam sorc, all the good stuff stam sorcs have and DKs dont and how i should play stam DK if i believe that they are good.

All of that are entirely irrelevant with anything i told you. I even mentioned in this thread that stam DKs need massive buffs. I just said that ur comparison makes no sense. You basically complained why an ability that takes 2 slots + 1 passive is more powerful than 1 DK passive. Its more powerful cause it should be more powerful. Its 2 abilities + 1 passive vs 1 passive. Which one do you think should be better?

And bound armaments isnt even that good. It takes 2 slots just to give you some extra stam and some dmg on ur heavy attacks. This is the least of ur concerns when building a stam sorc and only slot it if u actually have room for it. Which doesnt really happen that often.
    Edited by pieratsos on January 31, 2018 10:20AM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

But...

You went hostile cause as soon as i said something which isnt in favour of DK you started telling me how bad DKs are compared to stam sorc, all the good stuff stam sorcs have and DKs dont and how i should play stam DK if i believe that they are good.

All of that are entirely irrelevant with anything i told you. I even mentioned in this thread that stam DKs need massive buffs. I just said that ur comparison makes no sense. You basically complained why an ability that takes 2 slots + 1 passive is more powerful than 1 DK passive. Its more powerful cause it should be more powerful. Its 2 abilities + 1 passive vs 1 passive. Which one do you think should be better?

And bound armaments isnt even that good. It takes 2 slots just to give you some extra stam and some dmg on ur heavy attacks. This is the least of ur concerns when building a stam sorc and only slot it if u actually have room for it. Which doesnt really happen that often.

you are the only person who is aggressive here, and you keep getting more and more hostile.

You were the one asked me ''how does that make any sense''

And I explained to you with every possible detail.

This is how you repay me. Thanks a lot.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on January 31, 2018 10:46AM
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zinaroth wrote: »

Noxious breath,
    Venomous Claw,
    Take Flight

Are all physical/poison based making them good for stamina. Unless of course you don't count incap, crescent, and warden bear in your other calculations. In that case, carry on.

Wasn't counting take flight since it's an ultimate. And yeah,stamina dk is the only class with only 2 useful stamina skills/passives.

The other is Javelin, which can be a usefull CC, but the scaling from stamina isn't something that makes it's damage worth mentioning.

Besides that Stam DKs have better magicka utility than a Stamplar and better rescource management.

Don't see the problem.

Jabs
    Power of the light
    Javelin
    +10% crit damage
    Burning light

Those are all good stamina skills/passives

And better magicka utility really? Are we playing the same game? P U R G E

About sustain you're right,stamplar has the worst sustain but you have so much damage that you can build for more recovery

• pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But...

you are the only person who is aggressive here, and you keep getting more and more hostile.

You were the one asked me ''how does that make any sense''

And I explained to you with every possible detail.

This is how you repay me. Thanks a lot.

I said how does that make any sense cause it doesnt. Thats not being aggressive. You were just comparing apples with oranges. Ive already told you this about 3 times. Then for whatever reason you started talking about which class is better, how bad stam DKs are and how i should play stam DK if i think they are good.

At this point im just repeating myself.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok heres the problem with heroic slash, right now this one skill applies 3 very strong debuff/buff. How bout this, remove minor maim and you can keep the 12 second snare.
    Just beacuse stam dks arent top dogs in pvp, we shouldnt let a clearly overperforming weapon skill stay as it is.
    Besides stam dks arent the only ones using this skill in pvp, i know a lot of dks who dont use it at all.
    Again ill say id like to see both dk and sorc to get a decent spammable, preferably class based, but at this point its clear that zenimax has no intention of doing that.
    Which is sad beacuse other than a thematically fitting spammable, i really like stam dks.
    Leap feels amazing, volatile armor look rad af, and both claw and noxious are great s

Noxious breath,
    Venomous Claw,
    Take Flight

Don't see the problem.

Jabs
    Power of the light
    Javelin
    +10% crit damage
    Burning light

About sustain you're right,stamplar has the worst sustain but you have so much damage that you can build for more recovery

Dks get minor brutality which is 5% wpd, have far better sustain than stamplars allowing you to build for more damage.
    Leap can potentially hit disgustingly hard too. See, its not that hard to spin this argument around.
    One thing I see dks try to do is, building as tanky with as much damage and sustain as they had pre Morrowind. Sadly it doesnt work anymore. It doesnt work on stamplar either, i drastically had to change my playstyle when i came back to the game after taking a break at Morrowind release.
    That being said the most sucessful stam(and mag) dks ive seen out there are all building pretty high damage builds and moved away from the facetank everything playstyle of ye olde.
    The biggest problem classes like dks templars and sorcs face on the stam side is that after the removal of shuffle from heavy armor, they had to change their playstyle drastically. I suppose stamplars less so. Without the protection of heavy armor these classes can suffer a lot in open world or even Bg group play scenarios.
    Also stam sorcs lack any class based abilities to help them burst down opponents, while dizzying swing in its current state is really not that great for anything other than potato slaying.
    Now come next patch ill be playing both my stam sorc and dk a lot more due to heavy attacks on off balanced targets could replace dizzying swing completely. So far on the PTS it looks pretty promising. I wouldnt be suprised to see some stupidly hard hitting heavy attack stam dk builds next patch.
    On the original topic of low slash being nerfed, this skill was brutal aganist any spec that didnt have some sort of snare removal/immunity built in and with all the other benefits heroic slash provides the nerf was well overdue. I for one would have preferred if they cut the snare % in half instead of a duration decrease, as the other 2 buffs provided by this morph no longer line up with the snare, forcing you to waste stam on refreshing buffs that you already had rolling.
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Noxious breath,
    Venomous Claw,
    Take Flight

Don't see the problem.

Jabs
    Power of the light
    Javelin
    +10% crit damage
    Burning light

My bad I completely forgot to mention Power of the Light... /facepalm

Yes Stamplars have purge - and it is really great I love it. But that is the only magicka dump we have.

Comparably Stam DKs have Talons, Spiked Armor (which sticks on you for 22 seconds and is worth using as opposed to useless templar rune that sticks for 8), Obsidian/Igneous Shield (mandatory for Major Mending), Chains, Reflective Scales, Molten Weapons and Stonefist/Petrify (both better CC options than Javelin) - These are all worth slotting at some point during PvP but ofc not all part of the META stam DK build atm.

As evident by DPS parses in PvE Stam DKs have better DPS (marginally) - this translates into better pressure in PvP aswell which is only mitigated by Magplars who is the only spec who actually has enough rescources to spam Purify. So for all the offensive tools a Stamplar has StamDKs still come on top here.

And as you said you have better sustain.

The only thing - as I see it - that Stamplar has going for them compared to StamDKs is that they can set up a bigger burst window through clever use of debuffs and Power of the Light. But most decent PvPers won't allow a Stamplar to have 6 seconds of uptime on them.

Biting Jabs is super good - if it connects.
    Power of the Light is super good - if we are allowed to charge it.

For all the offensive tools a Stamplar has through actives and passives StamDKs still end up putting more pressure since it's easier to apply instant cast DoT effects than it is connecting a channeled melee ability on a moving target or timing a burst window of 6 seconds on a slippery target.

On top of this DKs in general (including StamDKs) have much better ultimates to chose from.
    Leap is a better offensive ultimate than Crescent Sweep and if you take the morph that shields you it turns into a better defensive ultimate than any morph of Rite of Passage.
    On top of that you have Corrosive Armor which again serves both as a defense ulti that is better than Rite of Passage and has offense through 100 % penetration.
    Nova and Banner are both pretty useless in PvP - only in PvE does banner outshine Nova by miles.

Again: I really don't see the problem StamDKs are facing just because a weapon ability that is overperforming is getting nerfed.
    Edited by Zinaroth on January 31, 2018 5:34PM
  • Dedricus
    Dedricus
    ✭✭✭
    how bad stam DKs are and how i should play stam DK if i think they are good.

They're bad. Period.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dedricus wrote: »
    how bad stam DKs are and how i should play stam DK if i think they are good.

They're bad. Period.

Still irrelevant with anything i said. Do you have reading issues or something?
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They could increase the damage from Heroic Slash but keep the nerf to the snare and change Major Heroism to Minor Heroism. That would make the skill a better spammable skill while nerfing it for builds which use it as buff skill (pretty much every stam build with swoard and board runs HS either as spammable or as buff skill).
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They could increase the damage from Heroic Slash but keep the nerf to the snare and change Major Heroism to Minor Heroism. That would make the skill a better spammable skill while nerfing it for builds which use it as buff skill (pretty much every stam build with swoard and board runs HS either as spammable or as buff skill).

It's already minor heroism.
    And adding Major would make the skill too strong.