The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Please disable Twilight-Pets within Town Boundaries

Thorvarg
Thorvarg
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Dear Devs, please disable the Epilepsie causing Sorcerers Twilight-Pets within Town-Boundaries, the same way you don't allow Horses in Dungeons. Players don't do it, even if begged for. Thank you in advance.

Edited by Thorvarg on January 24, 2018 7:19AM
  • rustic_potato
    rustic_potato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly there should be an option to disable viewing other's pets. Less graphical load too.
    I play how I want to.

Options
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be fine if all types of pets were disabled in towns (except for duel times)
    Options
  • Kitty_Quietly
    Kitty_Quietly
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly there should be an option to disable viewing other's pets. Less graphical load too.

In the open world that could be fun too! Imagine wondering where that pet was when it is killing stuff near you.

Yeah, options that are purely visible by choice sounds good.
    Options
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I second this, sick and tired of having to constantly move around to interact with something because someone feels the need to have their combat pets out in a non combat area.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d like to hide irritating RPers too.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    You don't want to see me any more? :cry:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Nobody wants to o:)>:)

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nobody wants to o:)>:)
    Good job I main a Nightblade then. :trollface:
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I never saw you in game...
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really getting tired of trying to reach the Vvardenfell banker NPC or the crafting writ delivery boxes or the merchant NPCs due to them being obscured and obfuscated by what seems like a million flapping birds (twilights) and a menagerie of bears (warden ultimate). I almost took a screenshot of no less than 8 bears (and their unfortunate owners) cramping together in front of the poor bank teller. The amount of bears in the cities, and the annoying flappy birds, is reaching levels that shouldn't even be possible.
    Options
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, since he/she/it maintains the Wabbajack-Thread, I thought I'd meet him/her/it in Wabba. But well... :'(

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools

Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

Options
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    I'm really getting tired of trying to reach the Vvardenfell banker NPC or the crafting writ delivery boxes or the merchant NPCs due to them being obscured and obfuscated by what seems like a million flapping birds (twilights) and a menagerie of bears (warden ultimate). I almost took a screenshot of no less than 8 bears (and their unfortunate owners) cramping together in front of the poor bank teller. The amount of bears in the cities, and the annoying flappy birds, is reaching levels that shouldn't even be possible.

Regarding the Pet-Stuff, actually it is really annoying to remove the pets, there is no one-click-solution as far as i remember, so basically its also a part of ZOS - i guess people are just too lazy. I have to admit, the big flapflap thingi singing its weird songs is also very annoying to me. Not to mention the little kitty-pets which make me always watch after my cat and look wether he wanted something from me. I remember a time, where i didnt recognize, it comes from the game and i was checking the roof windows, wethere there is a cat sitting or so.....

BUT: i still think its pretty...narrow-minded trying to forbidd pets in cities.
    Edited by Dont_do_drugs on January 24, 2018 10:16AM

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arkadius Trade Tools

Deutsch | English

Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, since he/she/it maintains the Wabbajack-Thread, I thought I'd meet him/her/it in Wabba. But well... :'(
    I was one of the very early members and ran it for about a year but stepped away from the guild a couple of years ago. I've not really been big on PvP since then, mostly going into No CP campaigns or battlegrounds when I PvP.

Otherwise I'll be in Vivec doing crafting or waiting for dungeon queues. I'll stop derailing the thread now as well. :hushed:
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someone was trying to be friendly and fish with me the other week, but I got so annoyed with their twilight keep moving between me and the fishing spot so I couldn't fish without keep moving around that I actually ported to a different zone to continue fishing - I'm not proud of that, but it is an indication of how annoying the sorc flappys can be when trying to interact with stuff :/
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options
  • flamesing
    flamesing
    ✭✭✭
    When I play Sorc I usually unsummon my pets when entering towns, especially in banks / crafting areas. After two days playing sorc I grow tired of daedric wings in front of my camera when I craft.

Good thing that there is mod for that, so it can be 'one-click-solution' at least on PC :)
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I guess I have to be the one to bring this up:

How are Pet Sorc players supposed to finish quests that involve combat in town?

The Daggerfall questline, for example, has multiple combat encounters within the town limits.

Especially for a new player that has just unlocked the summoned familiar ... how would they finish the quest with a main class skill disabled?

I don’t think this idea has been thought through ...
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Towns have the possibility of being combat areas so pets should be allowed. Just off the top of my head I am thinking guards.

It is probably not a simple change so that pets somehow auto summon when combat begins and it would be a step back if sorcs, and wardens for that matter, had to summon their pets constantly like it used to be when the phased into something.
    Options
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I guess I have to be the one to bring this up:

How are Pet Sorc players supposed to finish quests that involve combat in town?

The Daggerfall questline, for example, has multiple combat encounters within the town limits.

Especially for a new player that has just unlocked the summoned familiar ... how would they finish the quest with a main class skill disabled?

I don’t think this idea has been thought through ...

Dude, there's no quest that requires you to do any combat near any crafting station, near a bank NPC, or near all the other places where people camp with their annoying pets and prevent people from actually using the NPC or object, since they block your clicking.

The few and far in between quests that actually require any sort of combat in a city zone is in a specific house that has no other use, or outside far away from banks, merchants and such.

So while disabling all pets in all cities might be overdoing it, they could at least make some pet (and bear ultimate) free zones around the trading hubs, bank hubs and crafting station hubs, where pets are autodisabled, and then autoenabled again when you leave the hub.
    Options
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i am btw really surprised. i never came across those problems with beeing not able to click a crafting station or a door bcs of a pet. can u show me those zones, where its that much overly crowded. i mean, i am playing on pc eu usually in prime time and my chars are located in main hubs like rawl, mournhold and before belkarth on eu died, also there. i really never had that problems in 3 years of eso or even if i encountered it once... i didnt think about it a lot and just went a step closer to the crafting bench - my brain didnt explode while that.
    The few and far in between quests that actually require any sort of combat in a city zone is in a specific house that has no other use, or outside far away from banks, merchants and such.

just not true. the guy u are answering already explained an example.
    So while disabling all pets in all cities might be overdoing it, they could at least make some pet (and bear ultimate) free zones around the trading hubs, bank hubs and crafting station hubs, where pets are autodisabled, and then autoenabled again when you leave the hub.

yeh i can already imagine how this will negatively effect the performance. but hey, eso performance is superawesome.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arkadius Trade Tools

Deutsch | English

Options
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On PS4, I hardly have any obstruction of pets. Rarely do I see more than 2 bears and even then, they hardly intrude my actions. But then again, I always follow the path of least resistance and I will always be that one person at a banker who is not piled with everyone else. That bothers me more than pets.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
      Options
    • Joy_Division
      Joy_Division
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I like my Bear. If you're getting tired of it, too bad. Stop playing MMOs and install Skyrim so you don't have to lobbying the developers to make the game suitable to your preferences at the expense of others.
      Options
    • LiquidPony
      LiquidPony
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Sometimes I'm amazed at the inane nonsense that gets posted to the PTS forum.
      Options
    • Thorvarg
      Thorvarg
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      LiquidPony wrote: »
      Sometimes I'm amazed at the inane nonsense that gets posted to the PTS forum.

Maybe it's the best way to contact the Devs ?!

Options
    • Canasta
      Canasta
      ✭✭✭
      flamesing wrote: »
      When I play Sorc I usually unsummon my pets when entering towns, especially in banks / crafting areas. After two days playing sorc I grow tired of daedric wings in front of my camera when I craft.

Good thing that there is mod for that, so it can be 'one-click-solution' at least on PC :)

Can you tell us what the mod is?

Anyway, I would settle for a Twilight Matriach that just lands on the ground and sits there when summoner is not moving. Im sure that this must be possible to implement, many of the pets show this kind of behavior.

Crown store item - Twilight Matriach training session on how to land on the ******* ground. - 2000 crowns, BARGAIN

The constant flapping is for me the most annoying thing in the whole game.
      Options
    • mmogamerperson
      mmogamerperson
      ✭✭✭
      The only Sane people in the world are those that are iNsAnE, and know it...
      Options
    • AlienSlof
      AlienSlof
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Morgul667 wrote: »
      I would be fine if all types of pets were disabled in towns (except for duel times)

Duelling should be disabled in towns also. I'd be happy to be rid of pets and duelling in towns.
      Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
      Options
    • Grimm13
      Grimm13
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Thought about this one a bit.

Access a Banker, Merchant or Crafting Turn In Box then it stows your Combat Pets. This will have no effect on doing quests in towns or other tasks. It does address this issue of access to these NPC's/ boxes getting blocked by the combat pets.
      Edited by Grimm13 on February 15, 2018 10:29AM
      https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
      It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
      Options
    • Ankael07
      Ankael07
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I'd like to add the Cyrodiil base camps to this since there is no combat going on there. It wouldnt make a big difference but anything helps at this point
      If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
      Options
    • M_Volsung
      M_Volsung
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      AlienSlof wrote: »
      Morgul667 wrote: »

Duelling should be disabled in towns also. I'd be happy to be rid of pets and duelling in towns.

Limit dueling to the Hammerdeath Arena.
      "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
      Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
      Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
      Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
      Options
    • Slick_007
      Slick_007
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Thorvarg wrote: »
      Dear Devs, please disable the Epilepsie causing Sorcerers Twilight-Pets within Town-Boundaries, the same way you don't allow Horses in Dungeons. Players don't do it, even if begged for. Thank you in advance.

sounds like you mean their summon, not their non combat pet. which means you cant do this unless you ban all forms of fighting within town boundaries. and that means all thievery is out too. you cannot do this

edit: and youd need to rewrite a bunch of quests too.
      Edited by Slick_007 on February 15, 2018 7:07AM
      Options