The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

What The...

• Fortunatto
    Fortunatto
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I guess thats uninstall for me
    | Immortal Redeemer | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Tick-Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart | Unchained | Dawnbringer | Godslayer | PC EU
    Options
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    This is a huge buff to magicka DK in PvP, and those are already performing VERY WELL.

Live. I can power lash an opponent, interrupt them, and powerlash again, or dodge offbalance, and powerlash again. I can run a charged lighting for more PL. I can't do this anymore.

Dodge fix is a given, it was an old bug. But 3s cooldown is shaky. Because now if someone dodges it, you are SOL. It should be no cooldown. But consume offbalance if it stuns, or if it PLs twice. That way its not permanently spammable, but get can be used 2x in a row if the stun function doesn't work. After that offbalance would need to be reapplied.

Then don't even start on PvE.

OMG can't stop laughting :D Interrupt ? WHAT do you interrupt in PvP Dark deal ? Snipe ? Hwo is dump enough to play with interreptable abilities and stay in a magicka DK range ? And What the hell do you do with your cps for having 120 in the atronach ? And why you do dodge on a magicka DK for putting ennemies off balance ?

Are you joking ? I'm used to dk non sens for trying to buff and defending their class, but here is a true l2p issue.
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a fix for PVP. But they obviously couldnt give a flying [snip] about PVE.

[Edited to remove profanity masking]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on January 23, 2018 5:30PM
    Options
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All DKs do is complain yet they remain the strongest class in a 1v1 patch after patch
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
    Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hollery wrote: »
    All DKs do is complain yet they remain the strongest class in a 1v1 patch after patch

Tell me about it...

I'm looking at these changes & I'm seeing buffs vs builds mDK wasn't super strong against before & nerfs (undodgeability being fixed) vs builds mDK just rolled over.

I mean, what's the problem? Can any mDK tell me? <.<

In PvP, you get two Power Lashes after CC or roots (rather than just one that consumes Off Balance immediately).

In PvE, you're no longer bringing down the whole group by stealing Off Balance from targets.
    Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

And yet you constantly complain about poor little stamblade qq
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
    Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

Tell me about it...

I'm looking at these changes & I'm seeing buffs vs builds mDK wasn't super strong against before & nerfs (undodgeability being fixed) vs builds mDK just rolled over.

In PvP, you get two Power Lashes after CC or roots (rather than just one that consumes Off Balance immediately).

In PvE, you're no longer bringing down the whole group by stealing Off Balance from targets.

So now if I root someone and they instinctively dodgeroll while I'm Power Lash they've both 1) managed to dodge my Power Lash and 2) Now my Power Lash is on cooldown after it didn't do crap

WHAT A BUFF

You keep posting in these mDK threads and yet you clearly have ZERO experience with the class. It's complicated and I challenge you to try learning it before trying to edify the rest of us on a class you clearly don't understand.
    Edited by Kilandros on January 22, 2018 11:31PM
    Invictus
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

Options
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tell me about it...

I honestly think it's kind of ridiculous that dps mdk weren't using the dps morph, probably a big reason for some of these changes.
    Edited by Domander on January 22, 2018 11:34PM
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I main a PVE MagDK tank. Should I bother getting worked up by this?
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »

Tell me about it...

So now if I root someone and they instinctively dodgeroll while I'm Power Lash they've both 1) managed to dodge my Power Lash and 2) Now my Power Lash is on cooldown after it didn't do crap

WHAT A BUFF

You keep posting in these mDK threads and yet you clearly have ZERO experience with the class. It's complicated and I challenge you to try learning it before trying to edify the rest of us on a class you clearly don't understand.

didn't he just make a DK build running destro/resto with positive results?
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This looks like a buff to me, compared to live.
    People are angry because whip was OP for 2 weeks and it's being taken away before it sees the light of day.
    We've all been there, not only DKs. First weeks pts makes you happy and then it's being taken away before it goes live.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Tell me about it...

WHAT A BUFF

Zero experience.

I'm just looking at mDK objectively. I recognize where they're too strong (i.e. vs dodge roll builds) and where being able to Power Lash more often isn't a bad thing (block builds, dmg shield builds).

It's called balance.
    Edited by DDuke on January 22, 2018 11:34PM
    Options
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And yet you constantly complain about poor little stamblade qq

Shows what you know, I suck at stamblade. I much prefer Magblade and have for awhile
    (I also tend to ask for QoL changes more than buffs :D )

Nor did you invalidate my point. So it still remains and stands as factual. Lets give it a week and see
    Edited by NyassaV on January 22, 2018 11:35PM
    Options
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I main a PVE MagDK tank. Should I bother getting worked up by this?

Do you use powerlash to sustain/heal? If so, yes. You can use it twice in a 4s period every 20s or so.

Most mDK tanks (or stamDKs that use powerlash) will probably feel a bit more of a sustain crunch.

I'm just damn glad my main is a stamDK. Still, this change is just asinine.
    Edited by Jamini on January 22, 2018 11:35PM
    "Adapt. or Die."
    Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Zero experience.

I'm just looking at mDK objectively. I recognize where they're too strong (i.e. vs dodge roll builds) and where being able to Power Lash more often isn't a bad thing (block builds, dmg shield builds).

It's called balance.[/quote]

Sorry, but I don't agree that it's balanced to have an ability be dodged and then set on cooldown.
    Edited by Kilandros on January 22, 2018 11:39PM
    Invictus

Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The issue isn't with the cool down on Lash

The issue is the animation for Power Lash is way too long for a melee ability that can now be dodged....9 out of 10 of your Power Lashes will be dodged in PVP now with this change...90% of the people i power lash in pvp dodge during the time I am using it....good luck hitting anyone with it now...just wait till your Power Lash is dodged by Major Evasion lol

Oh well it was fun while it lasted....
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote:
    Zero experience.

It's called balance.

Sorry, but I don't agree that it's balanced to have an ability be dodged and then set on cooldown.

Stamblades have dealt with this for years now (Incap), and the cooldown is much longer...
    Edited by DDuke on January 22, 2018 11:40PM
    Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

OK, shall we change cyrodiil to a 1v1 battleground?
    This is a huge buff to magicka DK in PvP, and those are already performing VERY WELL.

Live. I can power lash an opponent, interrupt them, and powerlash again, or dodge offbalance, and powerlash again. I can run a charged lighting for more PL. I can't do this anymore.

Dodge fix is a given, it was an old bug. But 3s cooldown is shaky. Because now if someone dodges it, you are SOL. It should be no cooldown. But consume offbalance if it stuns, or if it PLs twice. That way its not permanently spammable, but get can be used 2x in a row if the stun function doesn't work. After that offbalance would need to be reapplied.

OMG can't stop laughting :D Interrupt ? WHAT do you interrupt in PvP Dark deal ? Snipe ? Hwo is dump enough to play with interreptable abilities and stay in a magicka DK range ? And What the hell do you do with your cps for having 120 in the atronach ? And why you do dodge on a magicka DK for putting ennemies off balance ?

Are you joking ? I'm used to dk non sens for trying to buff and defending their class, but here is a true l2p issue.

What do you interrupt? Resses, dark deals, jbeam spammers (templars are melee, and don't run away to cast.) pets etc. Breath is a life saver in many accounts. Relics in BGs.

Rolling to get out of roots because mist is bad and setting the enemy offbalance. This one requires weird CP settup so isn't really done. But I have seen some niche builds that use it for builds with lightning staff (heavy/light CP) and some high MAA, those that try to max PL for healing.

And then lighting staffs, which you conveniently missed off. That is decently common, even one such build on the forums.

"Hwo is dump enough" to think this is directly a buff for the "overperforming" DKs. Its not a buff, its not a nerf, its just some *** balance.
    Edited by ak_pvp on January 22, 2018 11:45PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tell me about it...

WHAT A BUFF

OMG what a shame, DK will need 10s more to kill medium armor build based ! ZOS nerf medium armor ! DK need help agaisnt them ! Medium armor shouldn't have a chance, even if it's minimal !

Seriously, if a magicka build is forced to dodge it's a good thing to you, they are soon dead because they will be out of stamina if they dodge again and again. You seems to forgot you can now have a powerlash 100% landing on a fosalized target THEN have one more 3s after.

Medium armor VS magicka dk is ..., no, there is nothing to say he is already dead.

If a block based build dodge, GG, it's the best way to pressure their stampool, they won't dodge anyway since they will block u for years and so you get the buff.

There is nothing else than a DK yo receive a buff and complain because the less efficient build against them can now dodge a skill that was BUGGED.
    Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote:
    Zero experience.

It's called balance.

Stamblades have dealt with this for years now (Incap), and the cooldown is much longer...

Do you honestly think Power Lash is in the same league as Incap? Really?
    Invictus

Options
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are we seriously comparing a "spammable" ability (lash) to one of the hardest-hitting and cheapest ults in the game (incap) now?
    "Adapt. or Die."
    Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jamini wrote: »

Are we seriously comparing a "spammable" ability (lash) to one of the hardest-hitting and cheapest ults in the game (incap) now?

Sure.

I'd say it sucks a lot more to have an Incap get dodged than when someone dodges your Power Lash (which you can then use again after 3 seconds).

I'm failing to see the point here.

Are people that worked up about the fact that what was previously free f'in AP after the first Fossilize might now be a bit harder to kill?

Here's an idea:

Use your Power Lash after the dodge roll.

Fossilize->Flame Lash->Embers (still undodgeable)[opponent dodge rolls]->Power Lash->Flame Lash->Repeat
    Edited by DDuke on January 22, 2018 11:48PM
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamini wrote: »

Sure.

I'd say it sucks a lot more to have an Incap get dodged than when someone dodges your Power Lash (which you can then use again after 3 seconds).

I'm failing to see the point here.

Are people that worked up about the fact that what was previously free f'in AP after the first Fossilize might now be a bit harder to kill?

Guess there are drawbacks to having an unblockable/undodgable stun :P
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @DDuke

Powerlash doesn't consume offbalance on bosses in PvE. Regardless if this is a buff or a nerf in PvP. (IMO its both, a stun and more easily frequent, but dodgable [yes its a bug fix, but still] and removes other methods of lash, i.e. tays build.) PvE magicka DK is effectively dead. 2 powerlashes in 20s. If you have the luck of getting the offbalance at the right time in your rotation.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DDuke wrote:
    Zero experience.

It's called balance.

They both hit hard... And Power Lash gives you a BoL heal over 2 seconds. Incap puts a debuff on the target and doesn't heal you BUT the debuff is really nice... So yeah, close
    Options
  • Quantum_V
    Quantum_V
    Class Representative
    I recognize stamblade v magDK is a tough fight, but yet, the balancing to this game should not revolve around duels.

Moreover, don't say mDKs need a nerf due to a transparent l2p issue. Stop blaming the game for everything.
    Quantum - Magicka DK

Youtube Channel

Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote:
    Zero experience.

It's called balance.

They both hit hard... And Power Lash gives you a BoL heal over 2 seconds. Incap puts a debuff on the target and doesn't heal you BUT the debuff is really nice... So yeah, close

TBH, I'm fairly sure my mDK's Power Lash hits harder than most of the Eternal Hunt/whatever rollerblades' Incaps.

It's also quite interesting how next patch you can use Power Lash to stun opponents too (if you hit Off Balanced target that doesn't have CC immunity).

This allows for some entirely new burst combos to exist.
    Options
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OK, shall we change cyrodiil to a 1v1 battleground?

What do you interrupt? Resses, dark deals, jbeam spammers (templars are melee, and don't run away to cast.) pets etc. Breath is a life saver in many accounts. Relics in BGs.

Rolling to get out of roots because mist is bad and setting the enemy offbalance. This one requires weird CP settup so isn't really done. But I have seen some niche builds that use it for builds with lightning staff (heavy/light CP) and some high MAA, those that try to max PL for healing.

And then lighting staffs, which you conveniently missed off. That is decently common, even one such build on the forums.

"Hwo is dump enough" to think this is directly a buff for the "overperforming" DKs. Its not a buff, its not a nerf, its just some *** balance.

You don't know how work dk. Actually on live you need to strike first an ennemy you immobilised before to have access to power lash. Now you can directly have power lash immedialty after immobilized/stunning someone, and this is a HUGE buff for burst. You gain 1s.

A lightning staff dks, outside of not being viable is not gonna dodge, because he need stamina for cc break.
    Options
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Powerlash isn't an ultimate ability, and hits for far, far less than incap does.

Lash is part of a PvP or PvE rotation for a mDK, Incap is a FINISHER for a nightblade.

Let's not even mention the excessively high ultimate gen that NBs have built into their passives, while magDK is going to struggle to get a window to powerlash at all against anyone with CC immunity or immovables.

Comparing the two is absurd. They aren't even remotely close in usage or function.
    "Adapt. or Die."
    Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quantum_V wrote: »
    I recognize stamblade v magDK is a tough fight, but yet, the balancing to this game should not revolve around duels.

Moreover, don't say mDKs need a nerf due to a transparent l2p issue. Stop blaming the game for everything.

It's not just duels. If I come across a stamblade trying to enjoy some 1vX in Cyrodiil, I can completely ruin that stamblade's experience should I choose to do so.

I tend to leave them alone (because I've been on the other side of that fight) unless they attack me - it's just not a fair fight at all.
    Options