Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are more people using Agony now or before the change?

kaithuzar
kaithuzar
✭✭✭✭✭
A patch or so ago, @Zenimax decided to nerf nightblades.
They changed agony
They broke shade
While I don't personally don't use siphoning attacks there have been reports of that as well.
Even prior to the agony change, they nerfed the damage from duel wield swords for melee magicka.
I just want to know were these changes really worth it? Were there hordes of people crying out about how OP melee magblade was?
Are more people seriously using the "New Agony", or can we get the old morph back & get the devs to start showing magblades some love instead of the nerf train.
Edited by kaithuzar on January 18, 2018 8:54AM
Member of:
Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
Just Chill - Crown's house
GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
Legend - Siffer fan boy club
TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
Purple - hamNchz is my hero
Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg

Are more people using Agony now or before the change? 83 votes

Yes, I love the new agony & use it!
9%
feyiiSarevoccLord_NinkaNolic1LadislaoMrGravesMuttsmuttNeloth 8 votes
No, please bring the old agony back!
21%
SirAndyarkansas_ESOkaithuzarIruil_ESOAllPlayAndNoWorkjimijac0meactoshredspecter23OdinForgeSRASinisterSilver_StriderRohamad_AliNightbladeMechanicsEpicasballsFakeFoxseanj87KingExecrationJobooAGS 18 votes
I really don't care.
8%
Nuketastic2300lolo_01b16_ESOtechnohicHidesFromSunbrandonv516AeremRouDeR 7 votes
It was useless before & it's still useless now.
60%
CavalryPKGilvothvailjohn_ESOMojmirAzaraissewallb14_ESOmoutonAnath_QheledironkojouczarBlobskyf047ys3v3numagonolsborgaeowulfDDukeEdziuMrDenimChickenNeartheral 50 votes
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bring back old clouding swarm while your at it :lol: I don't think anyone uses the new one lol.
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on January 18, 2018 10:22AM
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got the old cloak purge blues
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Muttsmutt
    Muttsmutt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I love the new agony & use it!
    ye i do
    for nb heal
    PC-EU // UNDEAD
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like I'm noticing a trend here...
    Edited by kaithuzar on January 18, 2018 10:43AM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new Agony heal has the same flaw as the burst heal from Warden (the one where you swing to your target): you need the exactly target the person with your cross-hairs. This might be easy using a mouse but is extremely hard to pull off with a gamepad. That's IMHO one of the main reason why nobody's using these skills on Console.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope ZOS realises at some point that this targeting system for heals is not working and removes it, until then agony is not usable.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's called suicide vigor, and it's helpful when leveling, it helps you die quicker so the person carrying you can get full aggro (10/10 wouldn't use again)
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @IxSTALKERxI , i loved that change. It was like, "hey, we won't fix the thing you've been asking us to fix for ages, so we gave you a poorly functional morph that's totally different instead."
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cast it as stamblade & it'll deal more damage to you than it heals... feelsbadman :disappointed:

Actually, wish I could change my vote to "bring the old agony back!" - that could be a decent ranged CC for Asylum Snipes.
    Edited by DDuke on January 18, 2018 2:44PM
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    Cast it as stamblade & it'll deal more damage to you than it heals... feelsbadman :disappointed:

Actually, wish I could change my vote to "bring the old agony back!" - that could be a decent ranged CC for Asylum Snipes.

Wrobel caught onto you and put an end to that *** before it started.

Old agony was fine the first agony rework on PTS was good, but all the problades complained and now it's super useless.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its more useless than old one

old agone atlest had some uses for trolling or range fast cc while this new is more useless than equilibrium or maybe dark shades or debilitate morph...who even uses this ***?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't care.
    I could go either way with don’t care or useless before and now. I do know healing ward has been broken yet still not using new agony
  • Lynnessa
    Lynnessa
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't love it, but it is on my HoT bar (nb healer here).
    FakeFox wrote: »
    I hope ZOS realises at some point that this targeting system for heals is not working and removes it, until then agony is not usable.

There's a system? That's my only real gripe about it, more than half the time it hits me instead of my target.
    Edited by Lynnessa on January 18, 2018 3:14PM
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agony had uses, like lining up meteor combos at range. It just needed to be a stun and not a disorient. Malevolent Offering is garbage. The duration does not justify the cost.

And don’t forget light attacks are breaking cloak and shade is still bugged. Zzzz
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pve - why would any one you this ? much better options available. in vet dungeons and trials you don't have time to cherry pick which target you going to heal with offering.

PVP - suicide.

Overall the kill is garbage.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty bad, I've tried to use it before to replace Healing Ward but the health cost is way too high. Would much rather they made it a stun like Rune Cage, or at the very least cut the cost in half.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    987.gif
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I tried using it too, but people move around so much, even with a mouse, you got no time to cherry pick
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's so bad, it's a "heal" that kills you.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before, it was a skill basicly only used to set up massive damage attacks with no CC. Like meteor.

Now, it's used by no healer whatsoever because they have less self harming options, which do equal or better healing.

It's become to nightblade what Healing Ritual is to Templar. A option no one would concievibly use in relation to the other options.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on January 18, 2018 7:51PM
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kram8ion wrote: »
    I've got the old cloak purge blues

no joke at all, this needs to come back.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @Wrobel pls help

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Between the facts that it hurts the user, a b**** to aim at your intended targets, and that a NB would already have 2-3 HoTs on someone already that an extra one feels highly unnecessary, this new Agony is just awful on all fronts.

While the old Agony had problems, it was at least situationally useful; An Unblockable CC for Meteor in PvP, relief pressure in places like vMA by removing a threat for a few moments and just a ranged CC in general were much more useful overall than a suicide pill.
    Argonian forever
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In short, hire better team, dont waste our time.

Why dont give us sorc change token? B)
    Agony nerf, then? Soul harvest blockable?
    Warden normal skill the freaking bird unblockable?
    Who the hell design?
    How many times u GUYS nerf NB?
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two years ago my nightblades were doing great as dd tank and healer. They were a bit squishy but as resource masters they were best fun in ESO. Now they are asthmatic, still squishy, and with suicide skill. Cut my wrists please...
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would really like to be able to replace vigor on my tankblade; and I was hoping that the new version would allow for that. Because then I could take advantage of the passives transfer, and soul siphoner more. However, the current version of the skill doesn’t allow for that.
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    I used the old agony especially for duels where I would destroy sorcs by screwing up their burst rotation with it and utilizing it for big bursts. It was situational then though for me.

This morph is just so useless other than a straight up healer(lol) it is just bad to use. I have my hot's running usually because they are in my offensive rotation too, but I wouldn't use the new agony unless I needed to heal since of the short uptime. When I use it though I am looking for a heal already and using it most likely puts me into execute range before I see the heal.

I saw on Blob's stream people talking about it and wanting it replaced with either a weak burst heal like a dk's coag blood or some type of DoT effect. I would even be up for it to being a DoT that damages yourself to put it on someone like blood mages, and it would stack with how many times you use it for more damage to yourself again. Or maybe like a sap essence skill that constantly swirls around you the can be kept up while ticking down you health.

I don't know I just find the current skill useless. I would be alright with a revert, but I liked the idea of replacing the skill with a new one though I would hope for it to be viable especially with a class that is considered dps.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The heal is cut in half in cyro, yet the cost is not. It costs too much. Oh and its magicka builds only:(

PC EU
    PvP only
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did somebody actually slot this skill before?

Does somebody actually slot this thing now?

What is weird to me is not that agony is a useless skill. All classes have skill that nobody uses and we all forget exist. What is weird is that they changed a useless skill to one that is also useless. So, they spent time and effort really making no change at all.

Usually, if they change a skill it is something like changing siphoning strikes from a great sustain skill to a giant heap of fetid garbage that offers comically low resources and heals with the added benefit of no major anything buff. That change actually accomplishes something in that lots of folks used siphoning for sustain and now nobody uses it. Turning agony from garbage that I don't have a skill point in to garbage I also don't have a skill point in I don't get.

As for nerfing NB's, it does seem like it has been a rough year or year and a half. I can think of one meaning full buff we got in there (more twisting path damage.) and a few basically neutral changes (proc changes on merciless resolve)

1) Cloak not a purge anymore (they did fix some broken stuff with it, is it a buff if it is fixed?)
    2) Quad nerf to funnel health. 1) heals half as many allies 2)cost increase 3) cannot double crit which just ammounts to a 30% or so magnitude nerf 4) second larger cost increase. It is pretty weak as a self heal now and dosn't really enjoy a lower cost / unit damage than other attacks. It also dosn't proc any elementals and, of course, is just lower damage than other spamables.
    3) Wrecked siphoning strikes which was a class defining sustain skill and one of the major reasons to play NB. This is really hard to take. It would be like just deciding sorc didn't need LL or templars breath (though that has been nerfed pretty bad.) A major reason to play NB was better sustain which it now doesn't have.
    4) Nerf to soul-shred ulti aoe damage because of VD bomber issues.
    5) 40% cost increase to death stroke ulti cost (Worse for stam than magic because magic morph isn't ranged anyway though magic nb's are)
    6) Stealth attack damage buff nerf (again the VD thing)
    7) Huge nerf to Sap essence heals and small nerf to the damage (I don't use skill in PVP or PVE anymore when I used it in both before)
    8) Big nerf to mass hysteria (I really don't switch bars to hit this much anymore with the high cost and low chance anything will happen

Honestly, most classes have been pushed in the direction of using weapon abilities as their mainstays instead of fillers for class weaknesses as was the original game design. I do feel NB has had is a bit worse than others though. Certainly I have far fewer NB skills on my bar and far more weapon ones and plain duplicate front / back bar skills than in the past. I am also thinking of switching to warden in PVP and sorc in PVE. If I played more I probably would.

Edited by f047ys3v3n on January 21, 2018 8:47AM
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.