The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Help Wanted - Part Time Raid Leader

• Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Part of the problem may be the AD-Faction-Only requirement. Not to put too fine a point on it, but I can think of very few good players and even fewer leads who are AD-only. Or any faction-only.

Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    Part of the problem may be the AD-Faction-Only requirement. Not to put too fine a point on it, but I can think of very few good players and even fewer leads who are AD-only. Or any faction-only.

think that is the point. AD has lost so many good players and leads to other factions it's like we are bleeding out with no hope of it stopping. That's the unique quality of DK. We are consistently able to raid with 16+ 6 nights a week. All of us are AD only we dont play other factions. We are the safe haven for players who want to play 1 side of the war and be amongst other players who want the same things. This is why DK has remained active, loyal, and certainly a challenge. What we need is another player who wants to play AD only who is ready to progress from raid member to raid leader. I have 3 years of pvp play time, I have probably forgotten more than most players know perhaps. But I am willing to teach and share in the growth process. I see this as an opportunity for someone loyal to AD and as a great experience for all of us in the guild. I should also point out that I'm not tired or in need of a break. In fact I have players asking me to lead more hours and such. We just need more AD raid leads and honestly I can't think of a better place to learn than DK.
    Edited by Anazasi on January 12, 2018 9:47PM
    Options
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »

think that is the point. AD has lost so many good players and leads to other factions it's like we are bleeding out with no hope of it stopping. That's the unique quality of DK. We are consistently able to raid with 16+ 6 nights a week. All of us are AD only we dont play other factions. We are the safe haven for players who want to play 1 side of the war and be amongst other players who want the same things. This is why DK has remained active, loyal, and certainly a challenge. What we need is another player who wants to play AD only who is ready to progress from raid member to raid leader. I have 3 years of pvp play time, I have probably forgotten more than most players know perhaps. But I am willing to teach and share in the growth process. I see this as an opportunity for someone loyal to AD and as a great experience for all of us in the guild. I should also point out that I'm not tired or in need of a break. In fact I have players asking me to lead more hours and such. We just need more AD raid leads and honestly I can't think of a better place to learn than DK.

Your best bet is to homegrow it, than. Find someone in guild who's willing to try and train em up. It's gonna be hard recruiting someone from the outside to lead. Not only will they have to learn, they'll have to gain the trust and respect of the guild.

Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ agreed. That way you know probably the most important part. Tactics can be trained but trust / Vibe etc takes time
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Shouldn’t a raid guild that’s been around since 2014 already have a core of prospective backup leaders?

One would think but sadly no. Its been just me leading raids 6 nights a week forever. Now you see why i'm looking for another raid lead.

Not a single person is willing to step up to give you a break? You should publicly shame the entire guild right here right now.

Looks like he just did.
    Options
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i feel your pain on this one, very few people who can and will lead in this game
    Options
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Roaldy wrote: »
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Shouldn’t a raid guild that’s been around since 2014 already have a core of prospective backup leaders?

One would think but sadly no. Its been just me leading raids 6 nights a week forever. Now you see why i'm looking for another raid lead.

Not a single person is willing to step up to give you a break? You should publicly shame the entire guild right here right now.

Want to know what's even more depressing than that? When one of their members are up for emp and no one from that guild would lead a group to help. a faction spi had to come in and do it for them.

You didin't know what was happening Roaldy. I had already posted after october that the guild was going on limited play time because of the holiday season. I advised members that this was not the ideal time to be trying something like emping. Don't assume you know what DK does or intends unless you want to give up all those other cross faction toons and play exclusively with 1 faction.

thats weird why did i end up with a group of 24 people from your guild and still more people wanted to join? the guild had the people on at the time that wanted to group but for some reason no one was willing to lead a group to help your DK member

He’s already told you he’s the only raid leader and he’s even come to forums asking for help. I’m not sure what your point is, other than being a salt lord

I'm In all fairness if you really can't see the point. It's the fact ad for the last year or so now claim they want to improve yet they never accept help or even try to improve ad is for the most part 99% sheep then you have like 3 raid leads top

That's every faction, though. Aside from top-end guilds reforming and shifting around, almost no one's really improved in the last years I've played. The top guilds have always been the same players.

Our experiences differ quite a lot I feel, I've seen multiple guilds ask for advice, try new things, change setups and different styles of play.

For example PoD, PM, DK, TM, LoM, BoD All changed up their play and are focused on improvement. Theres probs more and thats just within the last couple of months.

Want to know what's even more depressing than that? When one of their members are up for emp and no one from that guild would lead a group to help. a faction spi had to come in and do it for them.

You didin't know what was happening Roaldy. I had already posted after october that the guild was going on limited play time because of the holiday season. I advised members that this was not the ideal time to be trying something like emping. Don't assume you know what DK does or intends unless you want to give up all those other cross faction toons and play exclusively with 1 faction.

thats weird why did i end up with a group of 24 people from your guild and still more people wanted to join? the guild had the people on at the time that wanted to group but for some reason no one was willing to lead a group to help your DK member

He’s already told you he’s the only raid leader and he’s even come to forums asking for help. I’m not sure what your point is, other than being a salt lord

I'm In all fairness if you really can't see the point. It's the fact ad for the last year or so now claim they want to improve yet they never accept help or even try to improve ad is for the most part 99% sheep then you have like 3 raid leads top

Honestly in the last 2 months AD has had by far the most primetime(EST/PST) raid guilds running regularly than all other factions.

AD has: DD, DK, TM, DIG, Ruin, Fantasia, Artem and now even sVElte joined there too. Almost all these guilds are running 3-5 days a week from what I've seen. There are regularly 4+ guilds playing on the nights I play (I've seen the majority all together at a keeps multiple times per night too)

EP's has several guilds but the key difference is that these guilds tend to run between 2-4 nights per week max. Normally theres only 2 guilds on the map (from what I've experienced). Drac, PM, Kush, IVS/ZDM, Vokundein(2-3), VaeVictus

DC has PoD, BoD and CN as their main guilds the majority of which play each night KoN sometimes logs in early at the end of primetime too.

For me AD has by far the most primetime regular guilds compared to all other factions the only area AD lacks is in the early afternoon slot between JPN and EST primetimes imo (during EU Primetime).
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on January 12, 2018 11:26PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
    Options
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That's every faction, though. Aside from top-end guilds reforming and shifting around, almost no one's really improved in the last years I've played. The top guilds have always been the same players.

Our experiences differ quite a lot I feel, I've seen multiple guilds ask for advice, try new things, change setups and different styles of play.

For example PoD, PM, DK, TM, LoM, BoD All changed up their play and are focused on improvement. Theres probs more and thats just within the last couple of months.

I'm talking about real change. All the top guilds are filled with the same basic group of core players, and have been for a long time. Your own guild when you formed it was built off of Haxus players, which was built off of Havoc and Nexus players, which were built off of IR/Hijinx and DIE players, etc. You since absorbed other longstanding high end players from AD and DC. INV took players from GoS and other well-known players and rerolls like Bee. AD ended up with Fantasia, led by a former DiE player, and inherited players from other dead AD guilds and from VE. Before Fantasia there was RAGE, built off of former Decibel/Alacrity/Veni players. DC basically had No Mercy and for a while LoM as high end guilds. No Mercy into Nemesis and MBF, and then Khole ended up with a bunch of their players along with former DiE players. LoM players and No Mercy players ended up joining VE, which itself was built off of people who'd played with Havoc/Hijinx/TYSM/Pride/etc.

I'm missing plenty of guilds but I've covered most of the big names. Names and players come and go but the top end guilds have pretty much always been recycling these players. As people quit, the number of high end guilds has decreased and these players cluster in fewer and fewer groups until it's something like EP where you have the remnants of multiple high-end guilds in a single small guild.

That's what I'm talking about. I'd very much like to see a guild like Shadowgrabber's go from a pick-up group to a serious threat but I've yet to see it happen. It just hasn't. Groups change, and adapt, and stop using this ult and start using that ult but nothing has fundamentally changed.

Of course, one day it will. There's very few old time players left, eventually that old 1-1.5 group will be almost completely gone and this won't be a thing anymore! For now, it's just a somewhat sad observation on the state of the game and the state of its guilds.

Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It’s a noble concept, but telling people at this state in the games life cycle that they can’t play with their friends on other factions despite making a HUGE commitment to your guild, presumably without having previously been in your guild, may be a bit much.

I’m not saying you should have someone that will be actively fighting your guild regularly, but it seems your expectations may be a bit high considering most of the high end pvp community know and play/have previously played with each other. Just my two cents, but I do wish you the utmost luck with this, I can’t imagine the pressure of being the only raid lead in an active pvp guild
    Edited by Lexxypwns on January 13, 2018 12:04AM
    Options
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is a great opportunity for someone. DK would be a good guild to practice leading on. Also every leader is pretty bad to start with, it just takes practice. Every good leader starts out by repeatedly leading a group of players to their deaths over and over and learning from it until they start leading them to victory instead.
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on January 13, 2018 2:01AM
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
    Options
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Is there no one in DK during raids that would make an observation on the map on where to go to next or give a a consistent call out of where an enemy was going to hit/an inc during a fight? Its a potential to whet, they just may not though what they would be capable of without a little push.

Back in Decibel once or twice a raid night, there would sometimes be a little 10 minute segment during a fight where someone would get the crown to lead something, to see how they'd do. In a friendly environment like DK, with nothing but encouragement, it would indeed be a great incubator.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

Looks like he just did.

It's really funny, we have been talking about this since last October and everyone has had plenty of time to think about it and step up. But everyone knows that it takes a special kind of person to lead raids. It's not something that most players want. The biggest hurdle any raid lead has to overcome is the fear of taking on the responsibility not for just themselves but for 24 other players. I chuckle a little every time i think about my kids or even the kids of the current generation. They both simply don't want to have any form of responsibility. For the Adults out here playing who have difficult jobs, they play to relax and have fun and taking on a demanding raid responsibility is just something they don't want to endure. I'm the lucky one. I have no real responsibility outside of my family. The job is pretty easy, you either learn or you don't. The hardest thing i have to do is grade a paper or fail a student. So while everyone has great ideas and thoughts about what it takes to lead a raid in game or even how to find NEW players willing to step up, you first have to overcome all the social astigmatisms that exist and transfer into the virtual world than all the virtual issues regarding the "recycled" pvp community. It's not easy and the fact of the matter is the loyal following that has been with DK is hear because of my ability to lead and teach. It's a hard act to follow and sadly I think this is the number 1 reason that whoever steps up will always feel more pressure than needed.
    Options
  • Roaldy
    Roaldy
    ✭✭✭

Looks like he just did.

It's really funny, we have been talking about this since last October and everyone has had plenty of time to think about it and step up. But everyone knows that it takes a special kind of person to lead raids. It's not something that most players want. The biggest hurdle any raid lead has to overcome is the fear of taking on the responsibility not for just themselves but for 24 other players. I chuckle a little every time i think about my kids or even the kids of the current generation. They both simply don't want to have any form of responsibility. For the Adults out here playing who have difficult jobs, they play to relax and have fun and taking on a demanding raid responsibility is just something they don't want to endure. I'm the lucky one. I have no real responsibility outside of my family. The job is pretty easy, you either learn or you don't. The hardest thing i have to do is grade a paper or fail a student. So while everyone has great ideas and thoughts about what it takes to lead a raid in game or even how to find NEW players willing to step up, you first have to overcome all the social astigmatisms that exist and transfer into the virtual world than all the virtual issues regarding the "recycled" pvp community. It's not easy and the fact of the matter is the loyal following that has been with DK is hear because of my ability to lead and teach. It's a hard act to follow and sadly I think this is the number 1 reason that whoever steps up will always feel more pressure than needed.

Alright Taran if your interested I'll home/only play AD for 1 campaign to help you with the leading. All i would ask is that your guild are willing to put the effort in and work/change thier builds if need be and for anyone that does not have it yet a group ulti tracker. If you are interested PM be and we can talk times and dates.
    Hagnado
    Options
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo Taran weve fought as Allies in the Eldertrolls/Decibel and Enemies in the DR VS DK no-cp war, and i think Ive come to know what kind of Guild DK is. I've recently taken a break from the game but I'm back and i'd want to play on AD. I understand that Dominion Knights is not a Solo guild or small man guild , but a guild that wins fights and takes keep's for its faction. This is the Kind of Guild AD needs right now more than ever. I have alot of Experience in Leading with a kind of Group like this. i think your group is a strong dedicated and disciplined guild worthy of a strong leader who Respects what they are. Please Message Healsforfeelz if your interested.
    Options
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like he just did.

Alright Taran if your interested I'll home/only play AD for 1 campaign to help you with the leading. All i would ask is that your guild are willing to put the effort in and work/change thier builds if need be and for anyone that does not have it yet a group ulti tracker. If you are interested PM be and we can talk times and dates.

What's an ultimate tracker ?

Is I'm assuming another lame add on that plays the game for you to enable you to not have to actually communicate with other human being ...

If so I need ... I hate humans
    Options
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »

Looks like he just did.

What's an ultimate tracker ?

Is I'm assuming another lame add on that plays the game for you to enable you to not have to actually communicate with other human being ...

If so I need ... I hate humans

Actually, it’s an addon that allows the raid leader to see what weapons he or she has available at a moment’s notices in order to make quick decisions on the battlefield without “my destro/negate/sleet is up” tying up comms while he or she is trying to maneuver a group through a blue/red/yellow SuperZerg.
    Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    hit me up in game, my name is @Methuselah86
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
    Options
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like he just did.

It just got real! Power house incoming. Only if players are willing to sacrifice for the greater good. Hope it works out.

Take advantage of this DK.
    Options
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowProc wrote: »

Looks like he just did.

It just got real! Power house incoming. Only if players are willing to sacrifice for the greater good. Hope it works out.

Take advantage of this DK.

I hope this works out, too. Take advantage, @Anazasi

I’m happy to be back in AD, pretty exclusively these days. I hope to see good things from DK.
    Options
  • GeneralSezme
    GeneralSezme
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where do I submit my resume?

and how much is the starting salary?
    Invictus
    Cheese Engine
    HIGH LATËNCY

My bombing videos

Notable toons:
    Pact Corsair- Breton Magblade Former Emperor BWB Prolly Stole your scroll and bombed you
    Lack of Aoe caps: Prolly bombed u
    Neraz Gulio- Stamplar- Former Empress BWB
    Paints-Her-Face - prolly painted your face
    Zealot of the Great Sun- Blazeplar, frmr Emp Vivec

Options
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd help...if you don't mind a non mic using/quiet lead :P. I picked up quite a lot from running with DD in the past and Fantasia more recently. Good luck in finding someone. Ideally should be within your own core group already.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    GrimJaw
    ✭✭✭
    @methuselah86 would love to raid lead. plz msg him.
    Options
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    The learning curve is incredible.

It's depressing as a new lead when the main lean passes crown over and you watch your 20 man group dwindle to 10 within 2 minutes. Or your 100 person guild and like 8 people show up. Or everyone decided not to follow your calls or push with you, and you wonder if you lost because you made a bad call, because your group is either not skilled enough to pull off what you tried or has the wrong composition, or if you failed simply because most of the group didn't listen. Good luck!

It takes a very hardy soul to get through that and come out the other side.

I did some raid leading in the past. Put me in the "I'm an adult and want to relax, not stress too much." I stopped leading raids because more often than not I ended the night and went to bed disgruntled and irritated instead of refreshed. I'd probably only consider ever doing it again if I knew I had a good group that stayed on crown and obeyed.

Most of the people in here offering services are pretty known and competent.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
    Options
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pzschrek wrote: »

It's depressing as a new lead when the main lean passes crown over and you watch your 20 man group dwindle to 10 within 2 minutes. Or your 100 person guild and like 8 people show up. Or everyone decided not to follow your calls or push with you, and you wonder if you lost because you made a bad call, because your group is either not skilled enough to pull off what you tried or has the wrong composition, or if you failed simply because most of the group didn't listen. Good luck!

I did some raid leading in the past. Put me in the "I'm an adult and want to relax, not stress too much." I stopped leading raids because more often than not I ended the night and went to bed disgruntled and irritated instead of refreshed. I'd probably only consider ever doing it again if I knew I had a good group that stayed on crown and obeyed.

It’s all about making a core group that runs with you regularly. When your core believes you are leading them to victory instead of a slaughter good things happen. It’s when your pushing into a horde and they don’t stop and think they jump and drop ultimates. It’s them trusting your worth their time and energy to group. It takes a special kind of person who wants to build that relationship that wins wars. I used to lead but got hit with the fate most leads do, burnt out. When your good everyone pushes you to lead evertime you log on. That took all my farming time. IMO raid leads should be “tipped” for leading as it usually takes most of your farm time when committed.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
    Options
  • Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's a lot of truth to this. What it really boils down to is your current raid leaders setting your new trainees up for success.

Communicate with the guild that you are being trained, and that their participation or lack thereof in raid will be noted and may affect their standing in the guild. If you're a Core player who bails every time the new guy comes in, you're hurting their ability to grow and learn how to call if they'd normally be depending on you to fill your role. You're not behaving like a Core member at that point. Do that enough, as a GM, I'd just flat out demote you, or just not let you come to raid anymore.

Also, as a raid lead - don't just give the new guy the reins for the entire night. One of the best ways VE trained raid leads (myself included) was for Bulb or Steve to lead us into a challenging situation, get the entire group firing on all cylinders, and then mid-fight pass lead to me, or Zheg, or whoever was being trained to lead. You make those calls for 5-10 minutes, then pass back to the main raid lead for a while, then they do it again. Let your main leaders set up your fights, and then the new guy calls it. Doesn't give people enough time to bail, and you're still having enough good fights to keep everyone happy under the normal leads, but it also gives the new guy good experience and when you start winning those couple of engagements, it gives you and your group members confidence that "new guy" is capable. And then you build from there.
    Ixtyr Falavir - Bosmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
    Reya Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
    Kaylin Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    ---
    Alyna Falavir - Dunmer Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aernah Falavir - Altmer Templar - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aranis Falavir - Bosmer Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerin Falavir - Bosmer Warden - Daggerfall Covenant
    Rhys Falavir - Orc Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
    Rhiannon Falavir - Altmer Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
    Nenara Falavir - Argonian Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    Neera Falavir - Orc Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    ---
    The Ska'vyn Exchange - Guild Master
    Vehemence - Officer
    Nightfighters - Member
    -
    Ømni - Guild Master (Retired)
    ---
    Moderator of /r/elderscrollsonline
    Options
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ixtyr wrote: »

There's a lot of truth to this. What it really boils down to is your current raid leaders setting your new trainees up for success.

Communicate with the guild that you are being trained, and that their participation or lack thereof in raid will be noted and may affect their standing in the guild. If you're a Core player who bails every time the new guy comes in, you're hurting their ability to grow and learn how to call if they'd normally be depending on you to fill your role. You're not behaving like a Core member at that point. Do that enough, as a GM, I'd just flat out demote you, or just not let you come to raid anymore.

Also, as a raid lead - don't just give the new guy the reins for the entire night. One of the best ways VE trained raid leads (myself included) was for Bulb or Steve to lead us into a challenging situation, get the entire group firing on all cylinders, and then mid-fight pass lead to me, or Zheg, or whoever was being trained to lead. You make those calls for 5-10 minutes, then pass back to the main raid lead for a while, then they do it again. Let your main leaders set up your fights, and then the new guy calls it. Doesn't give people enough time to bail, and you're still having enough good fights to keep everyone happy under the normal leads, but it also gives the new guy good experience and when you start winning those couple of engagements, it gives you and your group members confidence that "new guy" is capable. And then you build from there.

I liked that method. It puts less pressure on the new raid lead. It's one thing if I drop you into a fight with a top-tier raid and you lose. I put you there, it's whatever. It feels different to seek out a fight with that same guild as a new raid lead and lose, a lot more crushing. You get all the pressure of command but none of the guilt for putting the raid into that situation in the first place.

Options
  • Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I liked that method. It puts less pressure on the new raid lead. It's one thing if I drop you into a fight with a top-tier raid and you lose. I put you there, it's whatever. It feels different to seek out a fight with that same guild as a new raid lead and lose, a lot more crushing. You get all the pressure of command but none of the guilt for putting the raid into that situation in the first place.

Mhm, mhm. You also get more empathy, generally, from your raid members, cuz they look at it like "well dang, this is a terrible situation Steve just dropped him in, glad it's not me" - and it also often leads your members to play tighter and more coordinated than usual because they want you to succeed despite the odds that Dear Leader thrust upon you.
    ---
    ---
    Vehemence - Officer
    Nightfighters - Member
    -
    ---
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Mhm, mhm. You also get more empathy, generally, from your raid members, cuz they look at it like "well dang, this is a terrible situation Steve just dropped him in, glad it's not me" - and it also often leads your members to play tighter and more coordinated than usual because they want you to succeed despite the odds that Dear Leader thrust upon you.

Somebody should be recording all fights with a new raid lead so that specific deficiencies can be pointed out by the veteran leaders as well. This requires the new lead to have 0 ego and be willing to have his every move dissected and analyzed. However, in the kite-burst group meta we’re in it can be very hard to learn in such a punishing real time environment, just getting exploded for being out of position doesn’t help you learn unless you can go back and see what you did and what you should have done. I would strongly advise you to record comms as well
    Options
  • Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Somebody should be recording all fights with a new raid lead so that specific deficiencies can be pointed out by the veteran leaders as well. This requires the new lead to have 0 ego and be willing to have his every move dissected and analyzed. However, in the kite-burst group meta we’re in it can be very hard to learn in such a punishing real time environment, just getting exploded for being out of position doesn’t help you learn unless you can go back and see what you did and what you should have done. I would strongly advise you to record comms as well

Agreed, another thing we used to do was record fights and go back and watch them. That wasn't just a new lead thing though, every lead did that - see what went wrong, what worked, find patterns and discover new ways to counter specific situations. We'd also provide immediate feedback after each fight via PMs or separate voice channels while it's fresh in mind as well. The immediate feedback really helps, since you're already in that space and in the moment, it's fresh in mind and a good time to learn.
    ---
    ---
    Vehemence - Officer
    Nightfighters - Member
    -
    ---
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Agreed, another thing we used to do was record fights and go back and watch them. That wasn't just a new lead thing though, every lead did that - see what went wrong, what worked, find patterns and discover new ways to counter specific situations. We'd also provide immediate feedback after each fight via PMs or separate voice channels while it's fresh in mind as well. The immediate feedback really helps, since you're already in that space and in the moment, it's fresh in mind and a good time to learn.

Agreed, the most important thing here is that there’s 0 egos involved in this critical step.
    Options