The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Code-Earned ESO+ count for free crates?

coop500
coop500
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Just curious, I got a code from a friend who got it in a Humble Bundle but didn't own Elder Scrolls Online. It gives 15 days of free ESO plus and a pig pet.

Anyway I wonder, will this count towards the free crown crate thing, or no?
Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »
    Just curious, I got a code from a friend who got it in a Humble Bundle but didn't own Elder Scrolls Online. It gives 15 days of free ESO plus and a pig pet.

It should do, since it isn't just the normal trial and otherwise you gain nothing.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    coop500 wrote: »

It should do, since it isn't just the normal trial and otherwise you gain nothing.

I agree but you never know, was hoping for some words of wisdom from the staff or someone who has personal experience with it working or not.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If I don't get an answer, I'll be sure to post here the answer when the time comes for crates to be given out.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any possible way to tell if it does count or not?
  • Koovster
    Koovster
    Soul Shriven
    "...simply log into the game with an active paid ESO Plus membership (free trial membership does not count) each day from January 9 until January 15."

This comes from the official post for the event, might answer your question. Sounds to me that a 15 day code would count as a "trial."
    The guy who's always at the wrong place at the right time.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Koovster wrote: »
    "...simply log into the game with an active paid ESO Plus membership (free trial membership does not count) each day from January 9 until January 15."

This comes from the official post for the event, might answer your question. Sounds to me that a 15 day code would count as a "trial."

That sucks, I guess I picked a bad time to activate it then.

So not only do I miss out on free ESO+ days, I also miss out on crates.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds to me that a 15 day code would count as a "trial."
    I think it would count as paid.

I used one of those codes a few months ago, and there is absolutely nothing in-game or on the account page that set it apart from regular subs. The on-going free trial is clearly marked as a trial. That was not.

Furthermore, that 15-day sub came with 750 crowns--the same 50 cr/day stipend.

Finally, the sub wasn't free. It was bought and paid for. Granted, at a steep discount as a part of a bundle. But it certainly wasn't free.
    Edited by code65536 on January 11, 2018 11:20PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Sounds to me that a 15 day code would count as a "trial."
    I think it would count as paid.

I used one of those codes a few months ago, and there is absolutely nothing in-game or on the account page that set it apart from regular subs. The on-going free trial is clearly marked as a trial. That was not.

Furthermore, that 15-day sub came with 750 crowns--the same 50 cr/day stipend.

Finally, the sub wasn't free. It was bought and paid for. Granted, at a steep discount as a part of a bundle. But it certainly wasn't free.

And I thought I was going crazy when it seemed my crown balance raised soon after, but I couldn't be sure entirely because I bought quite a few during the sale
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't apply the Humble code while you're subscribed, so it should functionally count as an account-based subscription. The only differences are the duration and the lack of a recurring billing cycle.

But I would go ahead and open up a ticket now because it's better for support to investigate and confirm during the event than afterward.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/incident
    Click your platform, then Billing, then I have an ESO+ purchase issue.
    Then for item name I'd put your Humble code, and for character I'd put your account username.
    signing off
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    You can't apply the Humble code while you're subscribed, so it should functionally count as an account-based subscription. The only differences are the duration and the lack of a recurring billing cycle.

But I would go ahead and open up a ticket now because it's better for support to investigate and confirm during the event than afterward.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/incident
    Click your platform, then Billing, then I have an ESO+ purchase issue.
    Then for item name I'd put your Humble code, and for character I'd put your account username.

Okay done, hopefully they'll do something about this, whether add the days onto my Humble Bundle or give me the crown crates I logged in for when the 18th comes around.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They replied, it does count for the crown crate event because it's paid, so yay~