Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ppl that consider themselves 1 v x players are the most toxic players

• Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a pro 1vXer.

Those mobs don't stand a chance B) get gud.
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    duendology wrote: »

@duendology What on Nirn is this rant, did someone wearing an "I 1vX" T-shirt smack your lunch out of your hands in middle school?

You know what's truly behaving "like an utter and complete [snip] and [snip]"? Living under the illusion that the answer to someone being a meany-head to you in a video game is getting their "arse kicked", and calling that karma. Because not only is physical violence the answer to meany means in the video game, but it's balanced in a karmic-style. This is actually the mentality of bullies, escalation over a petty or imagined slight. If you think I'm ragging on you right now, consider why you think that instead of repeating what you've said here but directed at me instead of Ragnarock.

@KochDerDamonen
    I absolutely have no idea what you're talking about. If you knew anything about Karma, apart from the popular slogan, you'd observe that "getting your arse kicked" (because Karma is just) DOES NOT mean LITERALLY having your arse kicked!!! o_0 It just means you'll get a lesson back. The aspect of LESSON AND LEARNING being crucial component here. In other words, if you're mean to someone, e.g in game (whatever) you will have a chance to see the errors of your doings (because this is what Karma does..TEACHES) , and usually, NOT NECESSARILY though, by being treated in the similar manner (NOT NECESSARILY IN THE GAME) aka you reap (aka the consequences) what you sow (of your own decisions and actions). It is believed to be a lesson that every decision and/or action shapes YOUR future experience. Also the belief behind Karma is that anything done with ill intention breeds ill fruits and affects, FIRST THE FOREMOST, the one who acts with ill intention (perhaps not instantly but it does). In other words, and to simplify it even further (not sure if it's good for the term itself, it may be confused with the passage from Christian Bible: "don't do unto others what you don't want others to do unto you"), whatever you do, be aware of the consequences, as you too taste the fruits of your own doings.

So, I was not talking about literal violence..OKAY? lol

As for directing my reply at you or anybody else. Sure, I can do it, and I am. To me what the guy said sounded like hackneyed platitude... because everybody knows and, sure as hell, is aware that life is hard and not just... but it DOES NOT justify, nor should we normalize and set as default, rude behaviour (to put it lightly) or think of it it's " an okay" because "life's hard". Thankfully, and as I said in my reply to Raganrok, Karma is patient and just..and Universe always seeks to balance...
    BUT, anyway, only the first part was directed at him, the second part was generally about the discussed issue and how their actions do not escape consequences..in the grand scheme of things. lol

@Duendology There are people that do quite literally find violence an appropriate response to words around. Choice in phrasing and words is important to avoid appearing to hold such an opinion~

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on February 6, 2018 6:35PM
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • Kiara
    Kiara
    ✭✭✭
    I've had a few encounters with really bad behaviour in this game but I still think ESO community is on the better side of communities overall. If you throw away bad apples you will have amazingly nice people here :)
  • lionofjudah7
    lionofjudah7
    ✭✭✭
    Axoinus wrote: »
    The elitist 1vX'r is someone to learn from. These guys have spent 5000+ hours in the game...or more. I could never be so dedicated to a game. But because of them and their dedicated sacrifice, I'm better at the game than I would be if they didn't make the personal sacrifice to be as good as they are.

That's some inception stuff right there
  • Heka Cain
    Heka Cain
    ✭✭✭
    We have a way more superior class of ass hole on PC!
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *People are the most toxic players.*

FTFY
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You've never seen how toxic Yasuo's get when they 1v5 then doh
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m pretty sure this random theory that players who prefer to play solo (you call them 1vXers) has been completely disproven. Not like it ever made sense anyway.

PvP is more toxic than it has ever been because of the lack of players (fights on the map to choose from) compared to before and purely toxic balance aka proc meta. This is the patch with the least amount of “1vXers” there has ever been, simply because the solo playstyle is now highly discouraged.

If what you say is true then Cyrodiil would be the least toxic place ever rn.
    Edited by Vaoh on June 21, 2018 2:08PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now there is a serious lack of X!
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only reason people think PVP is "toxic" is because of how emotional people get when they get killed.

Their ego is totally rattled so it causes a negative reaction. Its the same for every PVP game, its never going to be hugs and kisses lol

The 1vX scenarios are 99% of the time against lower level and less experience players. Does that even count as a 1vX? Playing against players that know what theyre doing is a completely different story and why you hardly ever see it
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i can run around a tree and string out low cp players better then anyone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWqPWzO4O70"]https://youtube.com/watch?v=FWqPWzO4O70
    Edited by Inklings on June 21, 2018 3:15PM
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Most toxic ones are the " i dont play pvp so i dont care but i will post anyway" people. They are same with the " hey im pure pve player. Can you give this medal to me? i feel like i deserve it" people.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    The good 1vX players on PC NA are some of the nicest people I know. They’re always willing to help people out and they never gloat or send salt messages.

The bad 1vX’ers, who really aren’t 1vX’ers since they can’t really pull it off, tend to be the angriest. They tend to be duelers and will get all pissy if people fight them in ways they aren’t expecting... it’s a mindset that really goes against the 1vX mentality imo.

There's a couple young players in a certain guild you and I share who are really good players but extremely toxic. Now that I am in my late 30s it doesn't phase me much since I know the toxicity tends to grow from RL insecurity. One of the reasons why these young players are on this game all day/night kind of reflects that lack of parenting in the first place don't ya think. No wonder they latch onto a fantasy world ego.