The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

ppl that consider themselves 1 v x players are the most toxic players

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aisle9 wrote: »
    Fun fact: people keep saying there's toxicity in PvP, but most of it either comes from consoles or PC-NA. In PC-EU we kill each other with efficiency without wasting time sending tells (with the exception of people sending tells to streamers in the hope to get some air time).

Could it be that US players are rude, and not the PvP players in general ?

wut
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    -
    Edited by DoctorESO on May 15, 2018 1:06AM
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's another fun fact: when people keep calling you toxic, exploiter, cheater, no-lifer and all kind of other insults... please refer to Newton's third law of motion for the conclusion.

Just saying.

Edited by Aisle9 on January 3, 2018 11:59AM
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In PC-EU we kill each other with efficiency without wasting time sending tells (with the exception of people sending tells to streamers in the hope to get some air time).

And when I hear someone saying "kill with efficiency (without wasting time sending tells)"
    All I am thinking about are pretentious and obnoxious tw*** with inferiority complex in real life and superiority complex in-game..
    Really? There are equally f**** up people on European server too. lol
    And from my personal experience... Europeans are not less rude they're just more pretentious and sarcastic..which makes them equally annoying...
    And there ..I said it.. an European in flesh and blood.

PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • LuxEtVeritas
    LuxEtVeritas
    ✭✭
    never mind the 1vX players. Just come along to PC for all the other benefits if you can.
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Zerg is the only reason I play this game, I won`t lie. The feeling of being part of an army instead of jumping into a balanced battleground is just something different, something you cant find in any other mmo at the moment.
    Why would I ruin that experience by running alone / in small group ?
  • LordSemaj
    LordSemaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uviryth wrote: »
    The Zerg is the only reason I play this game, I won`t lie. The feeling of being part of an army instead of jumping into a balanced battleground is just something different, something you cant find in any other mmo at the moment.
    Why would I ruin that experience by running alone / in small group ?

Ahem... Planetside 2 is that way. Why settle for the lesser army?
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    duendology wrote: »
    In PC-EU we kill each other with efficiency without wasting time sending tells (with the exception of people sending tells to streamers in the hope to get some air time).

And when I hear someone saying "kill with efficiency (without wasting time sending tells)"
    All I am thinking about are pretentious and obnoxious tw*** with inferiority complex in real life and superiority complex in-game..
    And from my personal experience... Europeans are not less rude they're just more pretentious and sarcastic..which makes them equally annoying...

Judging by your signature, seems to me you've just made the very point you're trying to disprove.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, you made your point with efficiency, thank you for your kind words.

I guess now I'll have to apologize for being toxic as well ?

Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)

#SpellswordArmy

• Anzriel
    Anzriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ironic part of this post are the number of people, some who are zerglings and others who don't pvp, are the ones being the most toxic. If nothing else this should prove to anyone one very important thing. There are rude people everywhere. PC/console, NA/EU. PvE/PvP it's the same. There are good people who'll help you, are friendly, and kind and there are rude obnoxious players. Either block them or ignore them. Threads like these just spread toxicity and nonsense it doesn't solve a thing.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eso created unique atmosphere where all people no matter what they like to do in game becoming cynical and toxic.
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Eso created unique atmosphere where all people no matter what they like to do in game becoming cynical and toxic.

I agree :(

I for one vehemently ascribe this state of affairs to ZOS's dismal track record when it comes to policing the game and cracking down on cheats and exploits :(
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    You will find toxic players wherever you go, so it's better to focus on the good healthy ones (which are PLENTY around) and ignore the toxic ones.
    If you see them on cyrodiil and you are a ganker, just move on. He won't flame you if he can't see you.

And I don't think streamers are the most toxic ones. I follow many of them which are really great people, they take their time to explain others what they learned with their hard training, and you can even message them and get answers for your inquiries. So I thank them for their time and knowledge.
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that unique atmosphere was called Free to Play
  • Kode
    Kode
    ✭✭✭
    The internet is anonymous, and so people are free to be cruel to others without taking responsibility for it, or having to look that person in the eye and realize they are another person.

It is kind of similar to driving, where other people are viewed not as people but as cars... thus dehumanized.

I try not to respond with hate tells. I sometimes whisper others to tell them good fight if it was a 1v1 or 2v2 if my wife is along. I have given people pointers, told them their food buff was off, ect.
    Even after being T Bagged I have told people good fight, it usually breaks the ice.

I try to remember that if I met some of these people at a friend's house we would probably hit and off and talk about ESO and PvP... So why should I hate them because they play a different faction? It shows how brain washed some people are to hate "the enemy", people that actually get mad at and hate people on other factions... it is really baffling to me. You realize they didn't really try to assassinate your king, right? :smile:
    Kode Darkstar, Aldmeri Dominion
  • LordSemaj
    LordSemaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really not so much about hating the enemy or even being cruel to others without responsibility, that makes it seem like people are pointlessly jackasses when usually it carries a purpose. There's some amazing psychological research studies out there if you take the time to read them. A common theme is that players will not act the way they are being treated but rather the way they wish could react to the person who was treating them that way. It's misplaced anger.

Take if you will the standard schoolyard bully. He beats up some nameless kid who lacks the spine to fight back. His fear leaves him feeling ashamed and he wishes he could have stood up for himself or at least threw some punches. Odds are good that at a later point he'll realize he's not as weak as he makes himself out to be and regret will start to seep in. So what does this stereotype do? He goes find someone weaker than him to beat up instead, using that person as a proxy for his true enemy.

That's basically what a lot of rude gankers or PM trolls do. They lose horribly to the skilled players who remain calm and collected. Frustration eats away at them and they seek revenge but they lack the ability to exercise it. So instead they go find someone less skilled than they are to push around and nominate these "noobs" the target of all their rage. They wish they could kick the crap out of the pro player and rub it in his face but they can't. So they do that exact thing to someone else instead. The player who beat them probably never sent them a single hate tell. He may have even been very respectful, saying 'good fight' or some other courtesy. Yet none of that matters because it placed feelings of animosity in the victim and now they act out as a method of coping with their anxiety and feelings of inferiority.

Then their victim has a chance to feel the same way and do the same thing. Or he can smile and move on because it's just a game.
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hollery wrote: »
    personally prefer 2vX but 1vX is fine too. And are they toxic because they knew that they are good?

2 or the faction?
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And what about people that are forced to 1vX, like when Sotha Sil (PC-EU) has 5 DC and EP is poplocked ?

I guess I REALLY NEED to apologize for my toxicity then...

#SpellswordArmy

• Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordSemaj wrote: »
    Ahem... Planetside 2 is that way. Why settle for the lesser army?
    I love Planetside 2 actually, but I dont like games with only one aspect (PVE/PVP). I want it mixed. Thats why I like ESO.

• Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yet the ESO-community is commonly known as the least toxic and most friendly in the mmorpg-genre. Well, secondleast after lord of the rings online.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yet the ESO-community is commonly known as the least toxic and most friendly in the mmorpg-genre. Well, secondleast after lord of the rings online.

I highly disagree. I think it strongly depends upon the platform of the game, as what you say is far from the case on PS4-NA. Whether it be from the PvE or PvP community, the high amounts of: Elitism, hostility, racism, and overall toxicity is extremely concerning and sickening.

For example, just spend anywhere from 15-20mins. in any somewhat populated zone. And you too will see how bad it is. Even the starter zones like Auridon are plagued by bad behavior. And don’t think that Cyrodiil would be any better, even though people are fighting under the same banner (which in and of itself is far from the truth, as people fight for AP mostly). In fact, it’s probably the worst of all zones. At times the things which are said in Cyrodiil chat make the FPS genre communities look like Disneyland. It’s just that bad.

And lastly, take a look at these forums. They’ve been getting more and more toxic by the month. So no, I would not call this community that friendly. Not even in the Top 5. Unless if ZOS starts making serious efforts to tone down the aggression and high amounts of: Disrespect, elitism, and rudeness? This game will bare a worst reputation than WoW. And I truly would not like to see that.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    -
    Edited by DoctorESO on May 15, 2018 1:04AM
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    And lastly, take a look at these forums. They’ve been getting more and more toxic by the month. So no, I would not call this community that friendly. Not even in the Top 5. Unless if ZOS starts making serious efforts to tone down the aggression and high amounts of: Disrespect, elitism, and rudeness? This game will bare a worst reputation than WoW. And I truly would not like to see that.
    You call this Forums Toxic? Compared to most other gamingcommunities I call the ESOforums the "fluffypuppycinnamonandstrawberry"-Forums :)

Plus, I have not ever been called a "rotting monkeybutt who should have been aborted before birth" or an "anusmunching ***" in this game, which is really weird because in DotA/LoL or Overwatch thats pretty much every third sentence you will read.

• KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And so what?
    You just made a thread to tell that some people are toxic?
    Guess what, Its just like real life. Its not always butterflies and flowers.
    So grow up, and move on with your life.

How I love this sort of argument. Guess what, I bet the OP does know thar. Everybody knows that. The point is that when there's a chance to behave like an utter and complete [snip], it's CIVILISED not to act upon these [snip] up instincts? Or is too much to ask? I understand that flashy blazing sparking armour and super-hyper-cool mount and weeks spent on perfecting combat rotation, most likely, give some people the illusion of power and how awesome they are so they can get away with anything... but, fortunately, it's just a game. In real life, but probably in game too, sooner or later you get your arse kicked, and kicked hard for being a blatant ...***. Sooner or later... but Karma is just..

@duendology What on Nirn is this rant, did someone wearing an "I 1vX" T-shirt smack your lunch out of your hands in middle school?

You know what's truly behaving "like an utter and complete [snip]"? Living under the illusion that the answer to someone being a meany-head to you in a video game is getting their "arse kicked", and calling that karma. Because not only is physical violence the answer to meany means in the video game, but it's balanced in a karmic-style. This is actually the mentality of bullies, escalation over a petty or imagined slight. If you think I'm ragging on you right now, consider why you think that instead of repeating what you've said here but directed at me instead of Ragnarock.

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on February 6, 2018 6:36PM
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »

I highly disagree. I think it strongly depends upon the platform of the game, as what you say is far from the case on PS4-NA. Whether it be from the PvE or PvP community, the high amounts of: Elitism, hostility, racism, and overall toxicity is extremely concerning and sickening.

For example, just spend anywhere from 15-20mins. in any somewhat populated zone. And you too will see how bad it is. Even the starter zones like Auridon are plagued by bad behavior. And don’t think that Cyrodiil would be any better, even though people are fighting under the same banner (which in and of itself is far from the truth, as people fight for AP mostly). In fact, it’s probably the worst of all zones. At times the things which are said in Cyrodiil chat make the FPS genre communities look like Disneyland. It’s just that bad.

Do you think it really is that bad, or are a few people just screaming the loudest (and louder than before) from the top of the hill?

No. It’s really that bad.
    You call this Forums Toxic? Compared to most other gamingcommunities I call the ESOforums the "fluffypuppycinnamonandstrawberry"-Forums :)

Plus, I have not ever been called a "rotting monkeybutt who should have been aborted before birth" or an "anusmunching ***" in this game, which is really weird because in DotA/LoL or Overwatch thats pretty much every third sentence you will read.

If you play on PS4-NA, you’ll hear/read far worse that. For example, a few days ago in Auridon, the zone chat was covered in talks about interracial “activities” involving 2 partners. Which then of course evolved into a barrage of racial slurs and hate group views. This then somehow snowballed into more obscenities and rather inappropriate dialogues. Luckily my queue for Cyrodiil popped after not too much longer of reading that bs, only for me to enter and see 1 player telling another play to eat their ***. And how they’re an autistic so n’ so. :|

Like I said... ESO is far from being as nice and as kind as we’d all like to think.
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you play on PS4-NA, you’ll hear/read far worse that. For example, a few days ago in Auridon, the zone chat was covered in talks about interracial “activities” involving 2 partners. Which then of course evolved into a barrage of racial slurs and hate group views. This then somehow snowballed into more obscenities and rather inappropriate dialogues. Luckily my queue for Cyrodiil popped after not too much longer of reading that bs, only for me to enter and see 1 player telling another play to eat their ***. And how they’re an autistic so n’ so. :|

Like I said... ESO is far from being as nice and as kind as we’d all like to think.
    I literally never heard or read of that other than your post. I think you had a bad, but isolated experience. Otherwise it would be known.

• seaef
    seaef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    toxic = any response a player gets from another player they personally don't like.

/thread
    "The Illuminati are very achievement focused. It's like Xbox - only everything is hardcore."
    - Kirsten Geary
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I literally never heard or read of that other than your post. I think you had a bad, but isolated experience. Otherwise it would be known.

@Uviryth Check your inbox, and see for yourself. I took a screen shot of it when it occurred, as it began getting unbelievably bad. And the only way I’d have proof of it if I spoke about it to others, is if I had photographic proof. I see that type of crap in chats regularly on PS4-NA. Regularly. As in daily. Sometimes multiple times throughout the day. And mind you, that was in Auridon when it had occurred. A starting zone. Now you were saying...? :|
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats one guy thats mildly racist.
    I say mildly because he is clearly just saying that to push buttons.
    The rest is just Sex-Talk.

But, I admit I have no idea how its in General on consoles. Maybe its really that bad. But again, only heard it from you as of now.
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@duendology What on Nirn is this rant, did someone wearing an "I 1vX" T-shirt smack your lunch out of your hands in middle school?

You know what's truly behaving "like an utter and complete [snip]"? Living under the illusion that the answer to someone being a meany-head to you in a video game is getting their "arse kicked", and calling that karma. Because not only is physical violence the answer to meany means in the video game, but it's balanced in a karmic-style. This is actually the mentality of bullies, escalation over a petty or imagined slight. If you think I'm ragging on you right now, consider why you think that instead of repeating what you've said here but directed at me instead of Ragnarock.

@KochDerDamonen
    I absolutely have no idea what you're talking about. If you knew anything about Karma, apart from the popular slogan, you'd observe that "getting your arse kicked" (because Karma is just) DOES NOT mean LITERALLY having your arse kicked!!! o_0 It just means you'll get a lesson back. The aspect of LESSON AND LEARNING being crucial component here. In other words, if you're mean to someone, e.g in game (whatever) you will have a chance to see the errors of your doings (because this is what Karma does..TEACHES) , and usually, NOT NECESSARILY though, by being treated in the similar manner (NOT NECESSARILY IN THE GAME) aka you reap (aka the consequences) what you sow (of your own decisions and actions). It is believed to be a lesson that every decision and/or action shapes YOUR future experience. Also the belief behind Karma is that anything done with ill intention breeds ill fruits and affects, FIRST THE FOREMOST, the one who acts with ill intention (perhaps not instantly but it does). In other words, and to simplify it even further (not sure if it's good for the term itself, it may be confused with the passage from Christian Bible: "don't do unto others what you don't want others to do unto you"), whatever you do, be aware of the consequences, as you too taste the fruits of your own doings.

So, I was not talking about literal violence..OKAY? lol

As for directing my reply at you or anybody else. Sure, I can do it, and I am. To me what the guy said sounded like hackneyed platitude... because everybody knows and, sure as hell, is aware that life is hard and not just... but it DOES NOT justify, nor should we normalize and set as default, rude behaviour (to put it lightly) or think of it it's " an okay" because "life's hard". Thankfully, and as I said in my reply to Raganrok, Karma is patient and just..and Universe always seeks to balance...
    BUT, anyway, only the first part was directed at him, the second part was generally about the discussed issue and how their actions do not escape consequences..in the grand scheme of things. lol

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on February 6, 2018 6:36PM
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth