The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ppl that consider themselves 1 v x players are the most toxic players

• O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why let someones toxicity push you away from your game and platform?

Play how you want to play, whether it's solo, small group or zerg.

Don't be dictated by something as little as other players WORDS.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tank them and watch them try and kill you. It makes for a funny story later.
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    Just to mention i only play solo most the time all i usually do is gank on a squishy stam blade but i do occasionally run in a big group in pvp when my guild runs groups i just don't see why these type of players i mention above are so hateful towards others it makes playing the game not as fun as it could be and on top of it all blocking doesn't even work on ps4 so if you are harassed by someone there isn't much you can do about it
    Lol... if you're being harassed thats probably why. Thats an obnoxious playstyle.

Back when there was dueling in IC, no proc sets, no poisons, no stupid sustain, no dumb permablock builds, when your level was dictated by your veteran rank, there was minimal toxicity. Back in those days, skill was more of a factor in how successful someone was. I remember losing all the time to those guys dueling in IC arena district, but it wasn't a toxic relationship. Everyone had a good time--I received advice from those who crushed me and was asked for help from those whom I beat. Those same players now have either quit, resorted to zerging down everyone (including those they didn't used to), or remained a "solo player" toxic towards those they feel aren't on their level. Why...? Solo players have been [snip] on constantly with every update while the casuals get most of the attention (PvP pov). NO, being a casual isn't a bad thing, but the game should not cater to them AT ALL. Look at earthgore, poisons, how advantageous numbers have become, how much the game has devolved from what it was (solo pov). It's justified. Furthermore, if you zerg and all you've done is zerg, a player out there managing to 1vX IS better than you. Thats not toxic, its just "facts don't care about your feelings." - Ben Shapiro

PS: There is no cheating on PS4 NA. There are players being resourceful and incompetence from the developers. Cheating is such an overused term on the forums and a big reason for the state of the game.

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on January 2, 2018 3:41PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    The good 1vX players on PC NA are some of the nicest people I know. They’re always willing to help people out and they never gloat or send salt messages.

The bad 1vX’ers, who really aren’t 1vX’ers since they can’t really pull it off, tend to be the angriest. They tend to be duelers and will get all pissy if people fight them in ways they aren’t expecting... it’s a mindset that really goes against the 1vX mentality imo.

I’d agree with this, with the exception of a small handful of people. There’s a few people out there who can 1vX but whose egos can barely fit in cyrodiil. It’s mindblowing. Someone else on another post put it in a good way. Something to the effect of trying to convince everyone you’re the best in eso pvp might as well be trying to convince everyone your the most ferocious kitten in hello kitty online. It’s a game and it honestly makes no difference how good or bad you are except to a very, very small amount of people. There’s not even a legit competitive scene and never will be one.
  • rteezy
    rteezy
    ✭✭✭
    If they follow, we fight on our terms in the open where the 1 is at the disadvantage. Why the x always follows the 1 onto their turf where the 1 has the advantage always boggles my mind.

please describe how the "1" is ONLY at a disadvantage in the open...and how the "1" has the advantage in his turf

AGAINS X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????!

is this really the mentality of zerglings?!..you ACTUALY believe you are not ALWAYS with the advantage is youa re MORE THEN ONE PERSON fighting someone else that is ALONE?! let alone X amount of people!?

im not sure if trolling or jsut purely accepting of some sort of incapability that puts him at ahuge disadvantage even when paired with others agains another normal human being...
    Edited by rteezy on January 1, 2018 7:10AM
  • rteezy
    rteezy
    ✭✭✭
    LOL Not a chance, the ESO streamers ruined the PvP community, and plus with today's generation of being bad boy gangsters and their gangsta speak the PvP community is completely toxic.

Dont take none of it to heart though as lets face it people who tbag and send hate whispers irl are going to be rather pathetic individuals with no social skills and live in their mums basement still.

you win the AWARD sir...

"...individuals with no social skills" after poiting out that STREAMERS ruined the pvp community (lmao, what?! how?!why?!?!, if anythign streamers helped the game mroe then ZOS ever did!, wtf are you on!?)

AND

"...being bad boy gangsters and their gangsta speak"...dude?! what?!!?,

are yous ure YOU are not the oen living in some basement COMPLETELY disconnected form reality AND society?!

WTF are you talking about?! GANGSTA SPEAK?!...wut?!

if that was a troll..10/10 very subtle...if not, seek help dude, make friends, get out fo your house,go outside, join a community, join facebook!, watch TV!...i actualy dont knwo what to tell you but you REALLY need to work on your social skills you seem to live on another realitry and THAT is only possible if you are compeltetly disconected form the world..
  • Kiara
    Kiara
    ✭✭✭
    rteezy wrote: »
    If they follow, we fight on our terms in the open where the 1 is at the disadvantage. Why the x always follows the 1 onto their turf where the 1 has the advantage always boggles my mind.

please describe how the "1" is ONLY at a disadvantage in the open...and how the "1" has the advantage in his turn

AGAINS X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????!

is this really the mentality of zerglings?!..you ACTUALY believe you are not ALWAYS with the advantage is youa re MORE THEN ONE PERSON fighting someone else that is ALONE?! let alone X amount of people!?

im not sure if trolling or jsut purely accepting of some sort of incapability that puts him at ahuge disadvantage even when paired with others agains another normal human being...

Where did he write this "only" part that I can't find anywhere?
    Also he stated that he and his small group are not stupid enough to follow 1vX player into their environment where clearly this one player has an advantage of terrain and line of sight which is pretty much necessary to 1vX. He just said he wonders why people go mindlessly after such player and then die, there is nothing to rant about and this is not zerg mentality.
    And he stated true. Terrain and breaking line of sight are one of the advantages of 1vXers they have to "abuse" to win such fight against many people. And as I stated before, they mostly put themselves in disadvantage against many players by themselves- it is their choice to play that way- if they want to play "handicapped" for #putanyreasonhere then fine- just complaining when they die is pointless since they wanted to play that way. You just got his post totally wrong in my opinion. :)
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SnubbS wrote: »
    There's a very big difference between the sort of person described here:
    Axoinus wrote: »
    The elitist 1vX'r is someone to learn from. These guys have spent 5000+ hours in the game...or more. I could never be so dedicated to a game. But because of them and their dedicated sacrifice, I'm better at the game than I would be if they didn't make the personal sacrifice to be as good as they are.

And someone who is pretending/aspires to be that sort of person.

The actual—I'm not going to call them 'Elitists', that term is so damn cringey, but the players who are actually good at the game, most of them really aren't ***. There are *** among them, but most of the *** you run into will be people who aspire to be like these people.

Literally, I've heard the story of "This elitist was so bad at doing DPS, or healing" or "This elitist challenged me to a 1v1 with his meta build and I beat him with my 5x light hundings rage Argonian lightning staff heavy attack nightblade build" Like, isn't it so obvious to you that these people aren't actually 'elite' and are just literally roleplaying as someone they believe to be decent at the game.

This. Honestly, ever since 1.6 I've noticed the actual good players isolating themselves more and more into small guilds or playing alone. And everytime I come back after a break from the game or visit another campaign/go dueling, there are new toxic players trying to smack talk me...
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    And so what?
    You just made a thread to tell that some people are toxic?
    Guess what, Its just like real life. Its not always butterflies and flowers.
    So grow up, and move on with your life.

Rudeness.jpg

And one thing life teached me is that rude people are actually honest ones. Not the raging type of rude people, but the ones that are rude by the way they grew up.
    So I prefer a rude, cruel reality over a nice dream, shortly.

All the talk of strength, yet here you guys are, complaining about ''toxic players ruining game''
    ignore them? Its really that simple, 2 clicks and you've done it.
    I just don't see the need for this thread to exist, at all.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on January 1, 2018 7:22AM
  • LordSemaj
    LordSemaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rteezy wrote: »
    WTF are you talking about?! GANGSTA SPEAK?!...wut?!

You do know that not everyone lives in urban America, has a low income, or relied on public education, right? The type of society one finds to be the norm is merely the one they grew up with and accepted as the dominant world view. It's likely that he wasn't raised in an environment where the manner of speech he's being introduced to by those he dubs today's generation was a dominant factor at all and frowns upon its impact on the PVP community, which once upon a time was more of an honorable lot built on pride and reputation.

Those were simpler times before dungeon queues automatically matched teams or addons threw out autoinvites. Getting a group or even a guild for game content meant having the respect of the server as there were only a few thousand in total on your shard and everyone actually knew each other. Ninja looting was a capital offense (no guild wanted you), improper quest mob share etiquette (players formed lines), and even just having an attitude in what should be an objective conversation (rudeness and disrespect) was enough to murder your standing. Being a troll back then was sure to end you up on black lists and good luck getting gear if no one will group with you.

MMO communities have fallen quite far in general and it has certainly poisoned the PVP community as much if not more than other areas of the game due to the inherent competitiveness associated with it. Where once respect was had for the defeated, today they are scrubs and need to get good (as even seen on the first page).
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't like 1vx players, it won't help to move to PC at all. I play mostly small group pvp and if we encounter a player that is overpowered and looking for a 1vx, we typically just walk away and move on. Don't give them the satisfaction of trolling you in a tower or rotating around a tree or jumping in a rock. Any of that behavior usually just leads to me walking out into the open. If they follow, we fight on our terms in the open where the 1 is at the disadvantage. Why the x always follows the 1 onto their turf where the 1 has the advantage always boggles my mind.

^^^^^ this
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a 1vXr. I am a potato smasher. Its not really a 1vX if the X are at a cumulitive skill to less than yours.

(An example) Once I killed around 6/7 people but they were all sub 300 and obviously not geared properly and I didn't have to use really any tactics, that isn't skill.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Coggo
    Coggo
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I wouldn't use the word toxic. I think they play the role of pantomime villains perfectly and for that added colour I thank them.
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toxicity spans all sorts of players.

I don't find t-bagging, /sick-emoting zerglings less toxic.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    Just to mention i only play solo most the time all i usually do is gank on a squishy stam blade but i do occasionally run in a big group in pvp when my guild runs groups i just don't see why these type of players i mention above are so hateful towards others it makes playing the game not as fun as it could be and on top of it all blocking doesn't even work on ps4 so if you are harassed by someone there isn't much you can do about it
    Lol... if you're being harassed thats probably why. Thats an obnoxious playstyle.

Back when there was dueling in IC, no proc sets, no poisons, no stupid sustain, no dumb permablock builds, when your level was dictated by your veteran rank, there was minimal toxicity. Back in those days, skill was more of a factor in how successful someone was. I remember losing all the time to those guys dueling in IC arena district, but it wasn't a toxic relationship. Everyone had a good time--I received advice from those who crushed me and was asked for help from those whom I beat. Those same players now have either quit, resorted to zerging down everyone (including those they didn't used to), or remained a "solo player" toxic towards those they feel aren't on their level. Why...? Solo players have been [snip] on constantly with every update while the casuals get most of the attention (PvP pov). NO, being a casual isn't a bad thing, but the game should not cater to them AT ALL. Look at earthgore, poisons, how advantageous numbers have become, how much the game has devolved from what it was (solo pov). It's justified. Furthermore, if you zerg and all you've done is zerg, a player out there managing to 1vX IS better than you. Thats not toxic, its just "facts don't care about your feelings." - Ben Shapiro

PS: There is no cheating on PS4 NA. There are players being resourceful and incompetence from the developers. Cheating is such an overused term on the forums and a big reason for the state of the game.
    ^^^^

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on January 2, 2018 3:41PM
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not true! I prefer a hit-and-run(no, not stealth ganking / sniping) playstyle on most of my Chars and sometimes also voice my opinion rather... directly
    Even tho here less so than in the MMO I've played before because in ESO the people seem to be much softer
    Edited by Slack on January 1, 2018 11:22AM
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Axoinus wrote: »
    The elitist 1vX'r is someone to learn from. These guys have spent 5000+ hours in the game...or more. I could never be so dedicated to a game. But because of them and their dedicated sacrifice, I'm better at the game than I would be if they didn't make the personal sacrifice to be as good as they are.

Sacrifice? Once upon a time that meant giving up your oldest son to be bent backwards over an altar an be killed by the local druid/high-priest etc.
    Now sacrifice is defined as spending lots of time playing a game?

What a strange, strange world we live in.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One time I went to Cyrodiil I wanted a group, because I'm horrible at 1v1 and safety in numbers and all that, and I got called out by a player that I don't need a group and should be able to solo everything. I explain I'm new to PvP and still wanted a group and he continues to insult me for it, so I tell him "Fine, you won't get any heals from me then. I don't want to group with somebody like you anyway".

After 15 mins this same person asks for help because he's being overrun by players at one of the keeps he's defending. I tell him he should be able to handle it on his own because he can solo everything, just like he said. I am still asking for a group at this point, and he's STILL saying you don't need a group while at the SAME TIME asking for people to come help him. I'm just laughing my ass off at this point because he's so stubborn about getting an organized group because he wants all the AP for himself.

I assume this guy was a 1vX because he was bragging so much about being to take on everything, yet when he gets run over by a raid he's suddenly singing a different tune.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SisterGoat wrote: »
    One time I went to Cyrodiil I wanted a group, because I'm horrible at 1v1 and safety in numbers and all that, and I got called out by a player that I don't need a group and should be able to solo everything. I explain I'm new to PvP and still wanted a group and he continues to insult me for it, so I tell him "Fine, you won't get any heals from me then. I don't want to group with somebody like you anyway".

After 15 mins this same person asks for help because he's being overrun by players at one of the keeps he's defending. I tell him he should be able to handle it on his own because he can solo everything, just like he said. I am still asking for a group at this point, and he's STILL saying you don't need a group while at the SAME TIME asking for people to come help him. I'm just laughing my ass off at this point because he's so stubborn about getting an organized group because he wants all the AP for himself.

I assume this guy was a 1vX because he was bragging so much about being to take on everything, yet when he gets run over by a raid he's suddenly singing a different tune.

No no. That’s not a “typical” 1vXer lol. Sounds like you just had to deal with an egotistical pos who talks big but isn’t even good themself :neutral:
    Edited by Vaoh on January 1, 2018 8:44PM
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've found really sterling examples of courtesy and good sportsmanship in some 1vXers. It depends on if they're doing it for fun or for ego, maybe. Because they're out there solo they're going to get rolled by higher numbers sometimes no matter how good they are though, and eventually that makes anybody cranky.

Individuals vary. It's weird that there have been so many threads lately about who thinks they are better than whom. Who cares?
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not every 1vx player has an attitude like that. or else I could just say every zerg baller sucks and presses 1 button and cant fight 1v1. I only play solo in pvp and I like to find good fight ( obviously not solo in pve. but I don't have the attitude youre talking about.
    Edited by magictucktuck on January 1, 2018 9:31PM
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    -
    Edited by DoctorESO on May 15, 2018 12:58AM
  • Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL Not a chance, the ESO streamers ruined the PvP community, and plus with today's generation of being bad boy gangsters and their gangsta speak the PvP community is completely toxic.

Dont take none of it to heart though as lets face it people who tbag and send hate whispers irl are going to be rather pathetic individuals with no social skills and live in their mums basement still.

So funny isnt it? Bunch of little nerds listening to gangster rap calling each other bruh.. lol.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Attitude wise? Yep, this is actually generally true. I have noticed some of them are pretty arrogant.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would agree with this, because I am a 1vXer, and I am reasonably toxic.

But if someone is better than you at the game, do you really have a right to say anything to them? :D
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »

But if someone is better than you at the game, do you really have a right to say anything to them? :D

Ummm, yes? You're better than me. Whatever. I mean, i'm not going to tell you you're bad or try and give you build advice, that would be stupid, you're better than me.

But that doesn't give you the right to treat me like dirt either.

Not only that but every single Australian player is playing with 280 to 320 latency. Always. So check your ego a bit when you start killing off people.
    ESO PVP is NOT a level playing field, lag matters a lot. Me and my guild had a lot of fun passing around the alcast clip where he was complaining about how unplayable it was with 118 ping. I wish I had a 118 ping. The lowest I've EVER had is 260.
  • seaef
    seaef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And so what?

Rudeness.jpg

And one thing life teached me is that rude people are actually honest ones. Not the raging type of rude people, but the ones that are rude by the way they grew up.

All the talk of strength, yet here you guys are, complaining about ''toxic players ruining game''

there-is-a-difference-between-expressing-your-opinion-and-being-rude-quote-1.jpg

30a35f307b3e4a20be2caa8d18893596.jpg

People who consider themselves superior in taste and intellect are just as annoying as those who are rude, especially when their snobbish responses are accompanied by ridiculous quotes.
    "The Illuminati are very achievement focused. It's like Xbox - only everything is hardcore."
    - Kirsten Geary
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    postlarval wrote: »
    And so what?

Rudeness.jpg

there-is-a-difference-between-expressing-your-opinion-and-being-rude-quote-1.jpg

30a35f307b3e4a20be2caa8d18893596.jpg

People who consider themselves superior in taste and intellect are just as annoying as those who are rude, especially when their snobbish responses are accompanied by ridiculous quotes.

I have to agree that posting a text only quote as an image just so you can make your point as loud and obnoxious as possible is pretty rude.

It's kind of like going to a restaurant, getting served the wrong meal and then yelling about it and making a scene. I mean, sure, the restaurant messed up, but now you're ruining everyone else's dinner too.
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭

Doesn’t your derogatory assumption make you on their level as well? Can we imply you are just as pathetic?
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    Blanco wrote: »

Ummm, yes? You're better than me. Whatever. I mean, i'm not going to tell you you're bad or try and give you build advice, that would be stupid, you're better than me.

But that doesn't give you the right to treat me like dirt either.

Not only that but every single Australian player is playing with 280 to 320 latency. Always. So check your ego a bit when you start killing off people.
    ESO PVP is NOT a level playing field, lag matters a lot. Me and my guild had a lot of fun passing around the alcast clip where he was complaining about how unplayable it was with 118 ping. I wish I had a 118 ping. The lowest I've EVER had is 260.

yup that would be unplayable, I start getting p*ssed when it's over 100
    Edited by Betsararie on January 2, 2018 12:28AM