Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question for ZOS, why no Trials option for the activity finder?

Azurephoenix999
Azurephoenix999
✭✭✭✭✭
Been looking for people to do Aetherian Archives with literally all night (currently 1:30PM, been on the game since midnight) due to people leaving when they get bored of waiting too long for me to hunt down the last few guys. I can't help but think "man, this would be so much easier if the activity finder could help me".

So far, the activity finder only has options for PVP and Group Delves (as in 4-players). Why is there not an option for the Trials in Craglorn?

I mean, trials are an activity, right? So the Activity Finder's job should be to find me people with whom to do the activity.

Is it because it can't manage sticking 12 players together or something?
Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have fun with it. Based on my experience with PUG dungeon finders, I don' t think I could mentally handle it upping it to 12 random peeps.

And what would the breakdown be if it was auto like the group finder? (ie: 2 tanks, 4 healer, 6 dps?)

Have fun with that trial where 4 stamina NBs say they are healers on the activity screen, lol.

I imagine it might work, but I don't see myself taking the chance.
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *edit* Do a search prior to creating new threads. There is a lot of good info and usually something we think of already is being discussed unless it's breaking news.

In the prior patch notes around December or so, Trials were removed with the updates to grouping tools because when we had these, they actually didn't work per ZOS so these were removed.

Try doing a search as well as reading the patch notes or dev tracker prior to creating new threads.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2753680/#Comment_2753680

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2520701/#Comment_2520701

Edited by NewBlacksmurf on April 14, 2016 12:33PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trials will be added to the group finder at some point but because they tend to be very mechanic heavy having a group that knows what to do is a lot easier so most people won't run pug groups in trials.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • gr4yrang3r87
    gr4yrang3r87
    ✭✭
    This would be an awesome addition if it got added to the finder. Would make finding trial groups so easy. Other MMO's out there can que for raids(trials), I don't see why ESO can't..
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As has already been stated in this post, it was ALREADY in the game and subsequently removed because it was not stable and very buggy.
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • gr4yrang3r87
    gr4yrang3r87
    ✭✭
    As has already been stated in this post, it was ALREADY in the game and subsequently removed because it was not stable and very buggy.
    Well, why not fix it? That's not really a reason to shut it down. If people can que for large pvp groups, it's only fair that pve can can do the same.

Edited by gr4yrang3r87 on January 10, 2018 4:27AM
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    let me ask you this... do you like the current dungeon finder?
  • gr4yrang3r87
    gr4yrang3r87
    ✭✭

I think it gets the job done. I've already geared out a tank and healer in vet runs and don't mind running trials just for the fun of it. Having to go all the way out to Crags just to find a trials group is a little tedious.

I can understand if there wasn't enough people queuing or their being a funding issue but just some bugs and instability?
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean, pug trials are really no diffrent from using a group finder tool. You just have to wait longer asking in chat.
    I've ran Asylum in pugs many, many times. St. Olms first jump(at 90%) nearly wipes the party everytime...even after you explain he's going to do it.
    But if you're saying the finder tool doesn't work half the time, and puts you in phantom queues, you have a point...
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bad idea, pugs are bad in general and would be worse in a trial.

Imagine doing the MoL twins in a pug? Non-stop wipes. Groups in discord can't get it right...
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think it gets the job done. I've already geared out a tank and healer in vet runs and don't mind running trials just for the fun of it. Having to go all the way out to Crags just to find a trials group is a little tedious.

I can understand if there wasn't enough people queuing or their being a funding issue but just some bugs and instability?

All the way to Crags? Like it's further away than anywhere else?
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Someone has declined, you have been placed at the front of the queue"
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes that would be awesome, with restrictions.
    - Only in normal mode.
    - CP minimum, different in each trial
    - Equipement bonus minimum
    - Each trial has different requirement (1 tank or 2 tank)
    - You need start with the easiest, if u already did it (with lfg or not) u can use lfg on second trial, etc.
  • gr4yrang3r87
    gr4yrang3r87
    ✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »

Or maybe just expand the chat to be worldwide or have it's own trial finding chat? Something?!?

• Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol fake tanks ques for trials
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • gr4yrang3r87
    gr4yrang3r87
    ✭✭
    Lol fake tanks ques for trials

Haha, /gets kicked by entire group xD
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Or maybe just expand the chat to be worldwide or have it's own trial finding chat? Something?!?

The only way I could see it working is that in order to join the queue you must have already completed the trial on that character. Having somebody new to a trial in a pug is not a good idea.

An LFT global chat would be nice too. It's boring farming craglorn while waiting for LFM in chat.
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because the game lets players make too many bad decisions with regards to their builds.
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's bad enough coordinating 4 players in a regular dungeon. I'm not about to try with 12.
  • gronoxvx
    gronoxvx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying to PUG 4 man dungeons is punishing enough as it is, so I cant imagine how rage inducing a trial finder would be.
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can just imagine the fake tank hate now..... Eso has more than enough salt as it is

Not to mention how long itll take, hard enough finding "4 people"
    Edited by Bhaal5 on January 10, 2018 5:49AM
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is how people become soul-shriven. Is that what you want?
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly think we should have one again. Having random group finder "working" as allowed diversity to be apart game play. I can tell you four different ways to do final boss in banished cells. There's 3 ways to do coa2 lizard.

It would be hard but I believe just like dungeons we could pass on knowledge and improve. Also would have less dps race tactics and more flexible, and defensive soultions.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bhaal5 wrote: »
    Can just imagine the fake tank hate now..... Eso has more than enough salt as it is

We have level and skill advisor coming.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Would also help if chat wasn't instanced.
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Bhaal5 wrote: »

We have level and skill advisor coming.

Lmao, yes we do. Still wont stop dps queuing as tanks :D
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanna 10 light attack bow spammers, healer and tank? Insta fail.

But i think it's kinda possible:
    - only CP 160+ or even 300+;
    - trial achievement required;
  • gr4yrang3r87
    gr4yrang3r87
    ✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    Wanna 10 light attack bow spammers, healer and tank? Insta fail.

But i think it's kinda possible:
    - only CP 160+ or even 300+;
    - trial achievement required;
    Trial achievement is kinda pushing it. For vets, yes, but don't make it too hard for the poor noobs xD

• gr4yrang3r87
    gr4yrang3r87
    ✭✭
    PlagueSD wrote: »
    It's bad enough coordinating 4 players in a regular dungeon. I'm not about to try with 12.

You're missing out =P
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For normal ones, sure.
    For Veteran, NOOOOOOOO.

I’m not even sure about normal, because we will see a huge influx of posts and whining saying they are too hard and needs nerfing etc

Content is already a pushover as it is, we don’t need any more nerfs.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~