The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why Did ZoS Remove...?

Peel_Ya_Cap_517
Peel_Ya_Cap_517
✭✭✭✭
Group Finder for Trials??

I just can't understand this.. This weekend I was determined to at least try a Trial, only to discover that there isn't even matchmaking for them anymore. I know this used to exist on Xbone because thats how I found a group for my first Dragonstar Arena. I did eventually find a group but matchmaking seems critical for an activity that requires 12 people!
N64 NA EP
  • MaKTaiL
    MaKTaiL
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just posted about this for Dragonstar Arena. I really think they should bring it back. It's the only way I will be able to do this.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [sarcasm]Well, people complaied about group finder on the forums all the time... so they nerfed it... [/sarcasm] :t ;)
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just can't understand this.. This weekend I was determined to at least try a Trial, only to discover that there isn't even matchmaking for them anymore. I know this used to exist on Xbone because thats how I found a group for my first Dragonstar Arena. I did eventually find a group but matchmaking seems critical for an activity that requires 12 people!

Because they will remove Trials with next patch i guess ?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't actually know...

But I'm giong to wildly guess it's because the group finder scales you whenever you use it... and trials don't scale?

Just throwing out idea. Does seems weird to take it away, but if there was a technical issue due to ^ I could see why...
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its probably more to do with cross faction grouping imo.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • bedlom
    bedlom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Group finder is a pain, chat box on console pls zos.
  • Catblade
    Catblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree I miss it. No one ever used it but for guys like me who can't use their mic 90% of the time it sucks. People treat me like a third wheel because i can't talk but I outperform most of them. They still manage to blame me although I'm usually the last man standing dying trying to rez their scrubby butts
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because Trials are not VR15-16 so it wouldn't work with the system until those instances are updated or changed. There isn't a scaled equation for Trials...its at level regardless of your level and using the group finder equation would make us all over powered.

Also, when the Trials were in group finder in the past, it actually didn't work per ZOS.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2358576/#Comment_2358576
    Grouping Tools

Removed Trials from the activity type section of the Grouping Tool as it was non-functional.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on December 14, 2015 6:17PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Catblade
    Catblade
    ✭✭✭✭

Because Trials are not VR15-16 so it wouldn't work with the system until those instances are updated or changed.

That actually makes perfect sense. Thanks for the info
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As per @ZOS_KaiSchober it is because Trials don't scale. Only instances that scale can work with the (current) LFG tool and so they removed Trials. Also, ZOS don't want cross-faction Trials.

Who knows, maybe in the future Trials will scale and they will make a return?
    Edited by Paulington on December 14, 2015 6:22PM
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the insight everyone! Hadn't considered the scaling problem...

Perhaps they could just eliminate scaling for Trials and limit it to people v12+
    N64 NA EP
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This feature may return with Thieves Guild, since a new trial is coming and new areas Battle Level. Keyword being "may" lol
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on December 14, 2015 7:01PM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy