The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Question for ZOS, why no Trials option for the activity finder?

• Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes that would be awesome, with restrictions.
    - Only in normal mode.

This all day. This would be a great addition!

PC: CP 1200+ DroDest, Bringer of light
    PS4: CP 1500+ Dro Dest, SoTN, Bringer of light, CragHMs, EoF, IR, TTT
    Xbox: CP 450 Fungal Grotto 1 HM
  • gr4yrang3r87
    gr4yrang3r87
    ✭✭
    Yes that would be awesome, with restrictions.
    - Only in normal mode.

This all day. This would be a great addition!

Agreed.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    GG on the re on this thread. Last post was in 2016.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    go find a guild to run trials with

trials are very mechanic heavy, imagine all the people who do trials for the first time, non stop wipes, bad dps, fake support, whiners and ragers, and the constant any vicious ophidian daggers?
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This would be a mess.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you are running with a guild, you are pugging anyway. I've had good groups, and groups where the leader let all dps in...no tanks or healers. That already happens now, what's the diffrence if I can queue using a tool?
    Pugging now = pugging using group finder tool.
    Just with convenience.
  • dalymiddleboro
    Been looking for people to do Aetherian Archives with literally all night (currently 1:30PM, been on the game since midnight) due to people leaving when they get bored of waiting too long for me to hunt down the last few guys. I can't help but think "man, this would be so much easier if the activity finder could help me".

So far, the activity finder only has options for PVP and Group Delves (as in 4-players). Why is there not an option for the Trials in Craglorn?

I mean, trials are an activity, right? So the Activity Finder's job should be to find me people with whom to do the activity.

Is it because it can't manage sticking 12 players together or something?

My guild does AA on Saturday among other trials

Ps4 console, North America server

New guild, recruiting core members. Activities almost daily.

Veteran dungeons and pledges, PvP and exploration as well as trials.

Message myself psn is dalymiddleboro

Or

Message psn SoulSword13

Looking forward to hearing from everyone, if you're looking to break into a guild from the ground up, do trials, dungeons, exploration, PvP or whatever, this is your chance. We're still building our core foundation, we'll take care of you. We are mature adults, but definitely like to toss a few cocktails back and party on the weekends. Will be doing raids every saturday night! We also have a discord that's active with our members.
  • HJSmith24
    HJSmith24
    ✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »

All the way to Crags? Like it's further away than anywhere else?
    Or maybe just expand the chat to be worldwide or have it's own trial finding chat? Something?!?

The only way I could see it working is that in order to join the queue you must have already completed the trial on that character. Having somebody new to a trial in a pug is not a good idea.

An LFT global chat would be nice too. It's boring farming craglorn while waiting for LFM in chat.

I think the idea of a trial chat channel could work? As long as you have the option to enable/disable receiving messages (if you don't want to see them when you're not looking for a trial).
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering the dungeon finder is kinda... broken... it wouldn't be wise to add trials to the dungeon finder :sweat_smile:
    I would join a Trials Guild for that, it's easier (and more fun :smile: ) to find peeps there. I wish you luck for your AA hunt :smile:
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Fingolfinn01
    Fingolfinn01
    ✭✭✭✭
    They would hve to nerf the trial to make doable by pug
    PC-NA
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem - finding a group to run trials with is hard.

Random idea - what about a new chat tab just for people to look for trial groups, similar to group/zone/guild chat, but the "trial finder chat" would be server wide so you don't need to run from zone to zone to recruit others, advertise yourself, or find out if any other players are setting up a trial group. Experienced players could sell their services (I think a lot of people would pay for an experienced tank!) and newer players could be advised on their gear and rotation.
    Edited by Jim_Pipp on January 10, 2018 1:02PM
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The normal craglorn trials are easy, has solo healed nAA and nSO with pretty much pug groups.
    the three others are harder, nAS tend to be an wipefeast many times.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've done many successful trials as a pug. Some, easier and smoother than others.
    Your statement is false.
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just copy something like WoW's premade group tool - anyone can make a listing for any activity, put it in the group finder (listing the activity, the roles needed, and any requirements), and then other players looking for that same activity can find it through search, and apply to the group (which the leader can set to auto-invite or have the request sent to them for review).

The tool is available to all players anywhere in the game through a simple UI interface, and does not require standing around a specific zone spamming LFM or LFG all night in general chat.
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, please go pug a vMoL from zone and get back to us on your insights of pugging a trial.
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad idea, pugs are bad in general and would be worse in a trial.

Imagine doing the MoL twins in a pug? Non-stop wipes. Groups in discord can't get it right...

Come on now, PUG trials run all day and night in Craglorn, whats different about it being automated rather than looking for a particular group in zone chat? Of course, pugging a Vet trial would be a nightmare, but I see no problem pugging normal trials. I might actually do more trials if they were available in group finder, its not the perceived difficulty of trials that keeps me out of them, its that I can never seem to find a group for the one I am looking for in a reasonable amount of time.
  • nnargun
    nnargun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since people are randomly grouping all the time in Belkarth by spamming in zone chat, this must obviously be a desired feature by many. I don't think it would work with how the current system is set up though, not even for normal difficulty. Atm you have to make kind of an effort to get into a trial group which results in some kind of filtering, whereas if it would be accessible through group finder any noob would try their luck and many many runs would be ruined and pointless. And I'm pretty sure filtering options in activity finder would lead to other issues, like players below certain CP won't ever get into a trial again even if they are actually capable, for example.
    [PC EU][GERMAN][ENGLISH][730~ CP]
    Flawless Conquerer - vHoF HM - vAS+1 - vMoL - vCR
    the Kuhn - Dunmer - MagNB
    Samjuel-EL - Orc - StamNB
    Son Hala - Altmer - MagSorc
    Draxyl - Argonian - Warden
  • gr4yrang3r87
    gr4yrang3r87
    ✭✭
    Dawnblade wrote: »
    Just copy something like WoW's premade group tool

^This