The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Regarding Miats and other Notification add ons with update 17

Jade1986
Jade1986
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I did not see anything in any of the official patch discussion threads about this.

According to the patch notes attacks only are tracked with Miats and other addons AFTER the initial attack.

HOWEVER, according to Dorrino himself, that is not true with the pts.

Patch notes said

"Addons will now only know about attacks that target you after they hit you in PvP areas."
"Addons will no longer receive BEGIN combat events in PvP areas if they target the player, and come from a hostile source."

HOWEVER What Dorrino is telling us :

"The notifications consist of 2 distinct parts:

1. Those that rely on ACTION_RESULT_BEGIN result type of EVENT_COMBAT_EVENT.

These allow(-ed) to track the start of channeled (read cast time) abilities targeted at the player.

Examples: start of snipe, ambush, dizzying swing, dark flare, all heavy attacks etc single target channels.

The addon show(-ed) those as an icon that is being filled up from the bottom.

This part was explicitly disabled as per the patch notes (and limited personal testing).

2. Those that rely on ACTION_RESULT_EFFECT_GAINED result type of EVENT_COMBAT_EVENT.

These track the moment a single target projectile is fired against the player.

Examples: crystal frag, snipe again, flame reach, assassin's will etc.

The addon shows them as a pop up notification with dark background that quickly fades out. It is accompanied with a sound.

This part has nothing to do with the part 1 and was not affected in any shape of form in this update both in the patch notes and in testing.

So what exactly will be different after the update goes live:

You won't see:
1. heavy attacks of any sort,
2. ambush and dizzying swing before they land,
3. start of snipes, dark flares, crystal frags.

You will see:
All ranged attacks when they fire. Including snipes, flares and frags.

In the result dizzying swings will be easier to land. Ambush from stealth will be easier to land. Charged heavy attacks will be easier to land.

These are all the changes in the current update."

There clearly needs to be some clarification between the patch notes and what we are seeing in the pts currently. As it stands the two do -NOT- match up.

@ZOS_GinaBruno It would be appreciated if this could be clarified, because as has been argued in length, addons like these completely wipe out all viability of certain builds, and if the change is working as intended, then the patch notes need to be changed to reflect that.
Edited by Jade1986 on January 9, 2018 2:02AM
  • imenace
    imenace
    ✭✭✭
    thank you for giving a detailed explanation of what actually changed, lets hope zos gives us an answer to put this whole miats thing to rest.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah this is quite sensitive and important

I hope it gets clarified
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    imenace wrote: »
    thank you for giving a detailed explanation of what actually changed, lets hope zos gives us an answer to put this whole miats thing to rest.

Unfortunately I think this is going to be met with deafening silence. I hope I am wrong, but honestly, the fact that there is no official thread about it, really bothers me. I cant stand double speak, and liars. I love this game, but saying one thing in the PATCH NOTES and doing something else is not ok.
  • imenace
    imenace
    ✭✭✭
    Jade1986 wrote: »

Unfortunately I think this is going to be met with deafening silence. I hope I am wrong, but honestly, the fact that there is no official thread about it, really bothers me. I cant stand double speak, and liars. I love this game, but saying one thing in the PATCH NOTES and doing something else is not ok.

looks like it sadly, since currently miats doesnt work on the pts from what ive tested zos has no reason to actually fix it and will likely wait till dorrino updates the addon on live and maybe then we will get something from them.. we are likely to wait another 4/5 months till we see something that fixes it.. unless ofc we get a good amount of people to post in an official thread zos will most likely ignore us.
    Edited by imenace on January 9, 2018 12:40PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly that´s the worst possible solution as virtually nothing changes for ranged builds but only ganking gets easier? Yeah 10/10 top fix.

I´d like people to be not able to dodge attacks as if they had eyes on their backs.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Honestly that´s the worst possible solution as virtually nothing changes for ranged builds but only ganking gets easier? Yeah 10/10 top fix.

I´d like people to be not able to dodge attacks as if they had eyes on their backs.

Yeah, that is something that has been a problem. It isnt just ganking that is effected by attack notifications, its all ranged builds that use charge up attacks. Now wrecking blow will be easier since it doesnt have a travel time after charge up, but all other ranged charge abilities are still left out in the cold unless in stealth.

looks like it sadly, since currently miats doesnt work on the pts from what ive tested zos has no reason to actually fix it and will likely wait till dorrino updates the addon on live and maybe then we will get something from them.. we are likely to wait another 4/5 months till we see something that fixes it.. unless ofc we get a good amount of people to post in an official thread zos will most likely ignore us.

Wait, you cant even use the add on in the pts? So how on earth are we supposed to test it?!
  • imenace
    imenace
    ✭✭✭
    well you can use it but the attacks part of it does not work, it needs to be updated ( ONLY TESTED WITH SNIPE )
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the problem with miats to begin with, ganking was never really a problem cause you could charge the heavy attack into the ground and only look at the guy right before firing... Idk what zos was thinking with this, but I assume they're taking baby steps so I'll be patient hahaha.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    well you can use it but the attacks part of it does not work, it needs to be updated ( ONLY TESTED WITH SNIPE )

Well in an ideal world that part would no longer be allowed =P. But I am an optimist I guess.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

That's the problem with miats to begin with, ganking was never really a problem cause you could charge the heavy attack into the ground and only look at the guy right before firing... Idk what zos was thinking with this, but I assume they're taking baby steps so I'll be patient hahaha.

Yeah, if we were able to hold the charge we could watch people roll till they run out of stamina, then attack, lol.
  • imenace
    imenace
    ✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

Yeah, if we were able to hold the charge we could watch people roll till they run out of stamina, then attack, lol.

can still sort of do that with snipe and other charged abilities, you just block cancel them and watch miats users run empty of stamina XD
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so....after combat starts and if a nightblade goes into cloak then the person using the addon will know if something is cast on him since he's still in combat and the first hit has already landed previously before cloak.....also as you said it doesn't really matter for abilities like projectiles....

well we gotta applaud Zos for trying... even thought they did not deliver fully...
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I understood this correctly, Miats will only be able to say "dodge/block" AFTER the skill is fired. So, for example, if I do a melee Merciless Resolve, their addon will not react fast enough. Perhaps the same thing for really fast projectiles, like Javelin?

If that's true, it still is a great improvement and will only affect dodging snipes when sieging... which any easily doable without any addon.
    Edited by Nevasca on January 9, 2018 1:36PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the additional info, all. Confirming we've seen this and are looking into it.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MrTtheDK
    MrTtheDK
    ✭✭✭
    This one thinks ZoS would save money employing Miat as a contractor to fully fix this "problem".
    Main:
    DC- Diablo Azul , Mr T

Alts: Nerf Something or Another

Guild: - Imperial City Police
    RIP Guilds: Purple, WKB, Eight Divines, Rage, What Mechanics, Entropy Rising
    Game: @TalosSeptim
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the additional info, all. Confirming we've seen this and are looking into it.

Yaaaaaaaaay!

giphy.gif

Thnx for noticing, really appreciate the reply!
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news

Hope it gets fixed
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what it's like at headquarters...do they shake thier head at tamerial first super villian.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    I wonder what it's like at headquarters...do they shake thier head at tamerial first super villian.

Hahahaha. I was thinking that. And from the shadows rose ....... DORRINO! xD Although I cant help but imagine him as a giant dorrito ....since the name is so similar. No disrespect intended. I like dorritos. xD
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hahahaha. I was thinking that. And from the shadows rose ....... DORRINO! xD Although I cant help but imagine him as a giant dorrito ....since the name is so similar. No disrespect intended. I like dorritos. xD

I don't know heard those aren't good for your health.
    Edited by Tasear on January 10, 2018 8:20PM
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I don't heard those aren't good for your health.

Very true. Bad for your health, but taste so gooooood! Im learning how to make my own atm though. Win win. :#
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrTtheDK wrote: »
    This one thinks ZoS would save money employing Miat as a contractor to fully fix this "problem".

Or just actually trying the add-on might help confirming whether their fixes are actually helping or not...
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did not see anything in any of the official patch discussion threads about this.

According to the patch notes attacks only are tracked with Miats and other addons AFTER the initial attack.

HOWEVER, according to Dorrino himself, that is not true with the pts.

Patch notes said

"Addons will now only know about attacks that target you after they hit you in PvP areas."
    "Addons will no longer receive BEGIN combat events in PvP areas if they target the player, and come from a hostile source."

HOWEVER What Dorrino is telling us :

"The notifications consist of 2 distinct parts:

1. Those that rely on ACTION_RESULT_BEGIN result type of EVENT_COMBAT_EVENT.

These allow(-ed) to track the start of channeled (read cast time) abilities targeted at the player.

Examples: start of snipe, ambush, dizzying swing, dark flare, all heavy attacks etc single target channels.

The addon show(-ed) those as an icon that is being filled up from the bottom.

This part was explicitly disabled as per the patch notes (and limited personal testing).

2. Those that rely on ACTION_RESULT_EFFECT_GAINED result type of EVENT_COMBAT_EVENT.

These track the moment a single target projectile is fired against the player.

Examples: crystal frag, snipe again, flame reach, assassin's will etc.

The addon shows them as a pop up notification with dark background that quickly fades out. It is accompanied with a sound.

This part has nothing to do with the part 1 and was not affected in any shape of form in this update both in the patch notes and in testing.

So what exactly will be different after the update goes live:

You won't see:
    1. heavy attacks of any sort,
    2. ambush and dizzying swing before they land,
    3. start of snipes, dark flares, crystal frags.

You will see:
    All ranged attacks when they fire. Including snipes, flares and frags.

In the result dizzying swings will be easier to land. Ambush from stealth will be easier to land. Charged heavy attacks will be easier to land.

These are all the changes in the current update."

There clearly needs to be some clarification between the patch notes and what we are seeing in the pts currently. As it stands the two do -NOT- match up.

@ZOS_GinaBruno It would be appreciated if this could be clarified, because as has been argued in length, addons like these completely wipe out all viability of certain builds, and if the change is working as intended, then the patch notes need to be changed to reflect that.

Wait so they won’t see my dizzy swings but will still see all the other things I don’t like? @Dorrino please dm me a link to that PayPal, if this goes live I’m actually getting a buff by Miats. What an absolute legend in the pvp arena. Literally buffing the all melee slayers. What a god. And I can’t even be trolled by fake snipes or heavy .... what a buff @ZOS_GinaBruno ! Plz keep this change.
    I’m begging you. It’s gonna get salty in cyro...
    Edited by A_G_G_R_O on January 10, 2018 3:34PM
  • DMBCML
    DMBCML
    ✭✭✭

And they wonder why I hate PvP. For this reason right here.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I want my frags dmg and stun back until this add-on is gone. Quick frankly, from a PC perspective, this add-on is a sorc nerf.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RMerlin wrote: »
    MrTtheDK wrote: »

Or just actually trying the add-on might help confirming whether their fixes are actually helping or not...

I said the same thing. They should offer the creator of cheat engine a job, over pay him, and put him in charge of security.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I want my frags dmg and stun back until this add-on is gone. Quick frankly, from a PC perspective, this add-on is a sorc nerf.

Its a nerf to ranged templars, frag sorcs, anyone who uses a ranged channeled attack, snipers ( gank and non gank alike ) Its pure cancer. And I am very happy that gina saw this, because honestly, the patch notes were very straight forward, and what Dorrito said is not what the patch notes said.
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    @Dorrino please dm me a link to that PayPal,

It's on ESOUI on each of my addons pages:)

To All:

Zos doesn't reply with clarifications. As i said multiple times before i want either a straight answer from ZOS that delineates what is and what is not desired regarding the addon or a prompt removal. I'm fine with either. Over these years i've got a bit tired with the constant nonsense of 'It's cheating', 'No, it's not cheating' etc etc.

I did what i thought was awesome. And i still stand by my decision.

Zos didn't manage to issue any clear statements regarding the addon. In other words they themselves don't understand what they want to have in eso pvp. As a collateral it brings me a lot of controversial publicity. It's funny at times, but ultimately as probably any creator, i'd prefer to receive positive recognition of my work, instead of random bashing on the grounds that are being my control.

That's pretty much it:)
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dorrino wrote: »
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    @Dorrino please dm me a link to that PayPal,

It's on ESOUI on each of my addons pages:)

To All:

Zos doesn't reply with clarifications. As i said multiple times before i want either a straight answer from ZOS that delineates what is and what is not desired regarding the addon or a prompt removal. I'm fine with either. Over these years i've got a bit tired with the constant nonsense of 'It's cheating', 'No, it's not cheating' etc etc.

I did what i thought was awesome. And i still stand by my decision.

Zos didn't manage to issue any clear statements regarding the addon. In other words they themselves don't understand what they want to have in eso pvp. As a collateral it brings me a lot of controversial publicity. It's funny at times, but ultimately as probably any creator, i'd prefer to receive positive recognition of my work, instead of random bashing on the grounds that are being my control.

That's pretty much it:)

I don't understand how the following statement is not a clear indication of ZOS's intentions regarding combat:

It is impossible to read that statement and think that in-flight notifications are ok, or intended.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have no problems with Miat using the heck out of a tool made available by ZoS themselves. You really have to consider that in some cases they actually meant for the effect to be in the game. Before Miat's, most die hard PvPers would turn the music and other useless audio effects down so you could hear different things. For example, you can hear an incoming snipe or the drums that indicate you have entered into combat. For the most part, what Miat did was to make it a visual effect that won't slip past you in the adrenaline rush of competition.

Not to say I think Miat is an upstanding citizen, his stance that he has never run into cheaters pops my fizzle. But he did not do anything beyond what ZoS not only allowed him to do, but purposefully exposed the API commands for it to be done. Yes, they can hide the ones that they don't want you to use while still getting the same effect, at least short of people hacking the client-server packets.

Edited by Wreuntzylla on January 10, 2018 8:58PM