Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 17 - Feedback Thread for Level Up Advisor

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the Level Up Advisor. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Did you receive a reward at every level, up to level 50?
  • What was your favorite reward?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just leveled from 19 to 20 with an existing character.

I was offered a choice of costumes.

I WAS NOT ABLE TO PREVIEW ANY OF THE COSTUMES! - It is essential that preview is allowed when presented with a choice. Please fix.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »

I WAS NOT ABLE TO PREVIEW ANY OF THE COSTUMES! - It is essential that preview is allowed when presented with a choice. Please fix.

Which costumes are available to pick?
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I can't remember, I was offered 3 but it's possible there are more, just that I already had them. One was a mage guild costume, another was a covenant scout or something like that.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay... so this is a problem. I have characters at level 50 who have not completed Silver. The Soul Shriven motif unlocks at level 40 now. I can't manually log in to check, but unless I'm mistaken, that reward will not be available for those characters... ever, once this update hits.
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't remember, I was offered 3 but it's possible there are more, just that I already had them. One was a mage guild costume, another was a covenant scout or something like that.

So crap, basically. Good to know, won’t waste my time on it.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please change the low lvl rewards.
    • lvl 1 a weapon of your choice(That was something i really disliked that i had to run around with the weapon(2h) the game gave me but i wanted to play a complete other game style (fire staff)). This will unlock for the player the weapon skill line they want for their char. And maybe an hit that if they would find another weapon they can unlock other skill lines
    • lvl 5 a full set of armor of trainee in armor type of your choice (light/medium/heavy) this will unlock for those player the first armor skill line and give them an idea how unlock the other armor skill lines

The lvl up adviser should contain also some kind of motivation to learn crafting and especial that food and set crafting is really good. Maybe include some kind of challenges you unlock at some lvl.

Like craft a lvl 15 mag+hp food at lvl 15
    Craft your self a full armor set
    Craft yourself a pot that gives you major sorc+pro

Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please disable the level up advisor templates for characters that are already level 50. Or institute a "smart template" system. (IE: If a character has the majority of their points spent on Stamina, make their default template the stamina one.)

It was really confusing to log into my STAM-Sorc and see that Hurricane and Dark Deal were "ill-advised" morphs.
    Edited by Taysa on January 9, 2018 12:04AM
    5/24/18: The day ZoS suspended my forum account for trolling a troll.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taysa wrote: »
    Please disable the level up advisor templates for characters that are already level 50. Or institute a "smart template" system. (IE: If a character has the majority of their points spent on Stamina, make their default template the stamina one.)

It was really confusing to log into my STAM-Sorc and see that Hurricane and Dark Deal were "ill-advised" morphs.

*heh*

Something about ZOS hating Stamsorcs?

Though, yeah, if it's saying things like that we're going to get more confusion from players who go by the guide.
  • Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*heh*

Though, yeah, if it's saying things like that we're going to get more confusion from players who go by the guide.

Got me confused with another poster. I never said ZoS hated stam-sorcs. But it was confusing to log in and see my stamina morphs were ill-advised for my very-established stamina character. (IE: I didn't create a template character. I logged on my main.)
    5/24/18: The day ZoS suspended my forum account for trolling a troll.
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's recommending Refreshing Path for magblade instead of Twisting... I understand it's better for solo but c'mon, Twisting is much better.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*heh*

Got me confused with another poster. I never said ZoS hated stam-sorcs. But it was confusing to log in and see my stamina morphs were ill-advised for my very-established stamina character. (IE: I didn't create a template character. I logged on my main.)

No, I was thinking of the recurring, "ZOS hates Stamsorcs," gag running around the forums. Not that I thought you were posting that in particular.
  • Furcula
    Furcula
    ✭✭✭
    Are the rewards for the level up advisor account wide or for each character?
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is another thread that shows crystal fragment and liquid lighting as ill advised,

That made me laugh irl
    Edited by Morgul667 on January 9, 2018 6:53AM
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I leveled three characters.

19 to 20: It gave me a choice of costume, though I only saw one. I don't know if this is because I already owned the other option, or I just didn't notice a scroll bar.

17 to 18: got a free coffer and a choice of furnishing. This time I noticed the scroll bar after I rolled my mouse wheel while over the first option. The "Claim" button obscures the next item on the list.

39 to 40: I got a motif box. I couldn't store it in my coffer or bank. When I used it, it disappeared, but didn't seem to add anything to either collections or known styles at the crafting stations.
    Edited by driosketch on January 9, 2018 2:10PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Furcula wrote: »
    Are the rewards for the level up advisor account wide or for each character?

Account wide (so only once) for stuff account wide usable stuff/stuff that goes into your collection, like costumes, the sorrel horse, housing coffer (best not to buy any before unlocking this one, as you might not get it otherwise) and the 3 flame atronach crates.
    Not sure about consumables, weapons and such, but i assume it will also be once and done.
    Edited by Orticia on January 9, 2018 9:12AM
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surprise Attack is apparently ill-advised for a Stam Nightblade.
    Guess I've been doing it wrong all this time... :flushed:
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • Muttsmutt
    Muttsmutt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay... so this is a problem. I have characters at level 50 who have not completed Silver. The Soul Shriven motif unlocks at level 40 now. I can't manually log in to check, but unless I'm mistaken, that reward will not be available for those characters... ever, once this update hits.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

please answer on how ZOS will handle the described situation:
    MAIN CRAFTER of a player has NOT done cadwell's silver, and DOES NOT have the soul shriven motif already, but is LEVEL 50
    after this update, HOW will they obtain the soul shriven motif?

does the soul shriven motif drop as a book for a new character leveling to 40, and can then be transferred to the dedicated crafter? [who is past level 40 already, but has no obtained the motif yet]
    PC-EU // UNDEAD
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yikes.
    Another reason to make it so that the rewards are given retroactively.
    Make it so you are able to interact with a NPC with the following dialogue choices:
    >Receive lvl 5 reward.
    >Receive lvl 10 reward.
    >Receive lvl 15 reward.
    >More
    And so on up to lvl 50.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Zorq
    Zorq
    Soul Shriven
    What both new and old players need in ESO are an in-game event calendar. Most guilds don't run a web site or other means of way to organize events. Make an calendar where you can schedule events and members can sign up.

Also, get rid of the time sink to teleport to whyshrine. Just irritating that you have to port to another player, then from there to where you want to go. Remove the cost. Maybe make it an ESO+ perk.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So where are the guides to the fastest way to level up to receive rewards and crown crates? Delete character, repeat.

Only 2h by doing THIS!

Two months down the road, rewards will be adjusted to be character locked/or crates/coffer/costumes removed etc.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd also like to know about the Soul Shriven motif. I want to get this for all my characters, but now I have one who won't be able to get it, unless I take that character (who leveled to 50 mostly through the Witches Festival and not by questing) through the remainder of their home alliance questline, the main questline (which is mostly done), Coldharbour, and then Cadwell's Silver, prior to launch on console (so maybe a month and a half?). I guess if I just stick to the story quests, I can get through it, but really, either make it retroactive or leave it as a reward at Silver for those who missed it at level 40.

Also, not happy to see that the free costumes appear to be ones that aren't obtainable in the CS (mages guild and covenant scout). Wait...unless these are the ones that are in the starter pack? If so, then that's ok on one level, since if someone no longer has any characters at that level, they can still just purchase the starter pack rather than having to purchase a new character slot. But, it does mean that those who no longer have characters at that level have to spend crowns rather than getting a retroactive reward.

Really, why can't these account-wide rewards be retroactive? I think it's a bad move to leave your long-time players out in the cold, with no option to get these other than spending real money.

Even the Sorrel Horse will now only be available at level 10 (I think?). They're removing it from the stables for purchase with in-game gold, so anyone who hasn't gotten around to purchasing it yet won't be able to once it goes live unless they have a low-level character or they pay real money to unlock an additional character slot. Really, just leave it for sale for in-game gold or award it retroactively.

Also, the coffer at level 18 - I don't have any characters below that level (I have 9, so I've already purchased one character slot). Yes, it's only 100 vouchers from the writ vendor, but why do I have to pay 100 vouchers when new players will just get it for free (plus a choice of a free furnishing?).

Granted, these rewards aren't truly exciting, but they are free things that long-time players can't get except by forking over real money (or in the case of the Soul Shriven motif, they might be out of luck entirely).

I would think that because these items aren't top-tier mounts or costumes that they could just make them retroactive. I suspect they just don't want to bother with the coding, but it also comes off as not really caring at all about their long-time players. And, while I will still get 2 of the 3 crown crates, it's my impression that these are also once per account, so why aren't they retroactive as well? After all, it's only 3 crates, and you've given out free crates before.
  • ValkynSketha
    ValkynSketha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »
    So where are the guides to the fastest way to level up to receive rewards and crown crates? Delete character, repeat.

Only 2h by doing THIS!

Two months down the road, rewards will be adjusted to be character locked/or crates/coffer/costumes removed etc.

The rewards will be account wide, a one time thing as far as i know, zos is not that generous.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »

Only 2h by doing THIS!

The rewards will be account wide, a one time thing as far as i know, zos is not that generous.

Ah, I thought I read some people asking to be able to turn it off for the second character. That solves it then.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone have a complete list of the rewards offered?

I've only gotten a new character to level 4 (I'm no good at power levelling) but I've gotten items in addition to the skill and attribute points at both level 3 and 4.

I'm not worried that there's some super-special reward hidden in the list which ZOS hasn't told us about, but at the moment I feel like I don't want to level any of my characters on the live server (which basically means not playing) so I can wait until they'll get the items, and it'd be helpful to know exactly what they'd miss, so I can make an informed decision.

(Both the Crown Fortifying Meal and the Iron Leggings I've gotten are unable to be deposited into the bank. I assume the same is true of all the items you get from levelling up, which means the benefits of repeatedly levelling characters for the rewards are minimal at best.)

Edit: Ok, got as far as Level 8 tonight. Here's what I got (excluding skill & attribute points and the racial skill line unlocking at level 5):
    3: Crown Fortifying Meal
    4: Trifling Glyph of Health & green quality Iron Leggings
    5: Item Set: Health Rings (2 rings with a slight health boost as a set bonus)
    6: 3 (filled) Soul Gems & 1 Crown XP Scroll
    7: 500g
    8: Choice of a Tailor's, Leatherworker's or Blacksmith's crate. The Tailor's crate gave 10 Jute & 1 Flint.

Suggestion: The descriptions on the crafting crates are unhelpful. The Tailor's one says it's for making spell caster armour, which isn't too bad, but the Leatherworker's one says it's for making assassin armour, which makes it sound like it's only for Nightblades, and the Blacksmith's one says it's for knights, which again makes it sound like it's only for Dragonknights (and maybe Templars). It would be much clearer if it simply said they're for Light, Medium and Heavy armour since that's the standard terminology used everywhere else in the game.
    Edited by Danikat on January 9, 2018 11:56PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you receive a reward at every level, up to level 50?

Received something except on level 2 where you only get attributes

What was your favorite reward?

nothing special

Do you have any other general feedback?

Not sure if, the fact that you need to claim rewards before having the occasion to apply attributes is natural, time will tell
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question: Will the Crown Crates awarded for leveling be updated when each season updates?

(I know you can only get them once per account but Flame Atro has been out quite awhile and current players may want to delay leveling a new character until the new season launches - if the crates update with the current seasons)
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    Question: Will the Crown Crates awarded for leveling be updated when each season updates?

(I know you can only get them once per account but Flame Atro has been out quite awhile and current players may want to delay leveling a new character until the new season launches - if the crates update with the current seasons)

We got 3-4 free crates at the start of the season. They are giving away up to 6 for ESO+ now. Leveling will give 3 more.

That's a lot of free crates for this season.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

We got 3-4 free crates at the start of the season. They are giving away up to 6 for ESO+ now. Leveling will give 3 more.

That's a lot of free crates for this season.

Precisely! Many people have what they would like from the Flame Atro crates and if the leveling gives the new season when it launches it would be in their interest to wait.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This is a worry.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So during double xp events I can effectively farm crown crates and rewards by making new characters, deleting them, and then making more new characters....