The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 17 - Feedback Thread for Level Up Advisor

• Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay... so this is a problem. I have characters at level 50 who have not completed Silver. The Soul Shriven motif unlocks at level 40 now. I can't manually log in to check, but unless I'm mistaken, that reward will not be available for those characters... ever, once this update hits.

It was confirmed today that it's a bug. The correct reward will be the Prisoner's Rags costume, not the Soul Shriven motif.
    The Soul-Shriven Motif listed as a reward for reaching Level 40 was an error, and will not be one of the rewards you obtain through the Level Up Advisor. Instead, the correct reward is the Prisoner's Rags. Apologies for the confusion! We'll make sure this is noted properly when the Live patch notes are published.
    Edited by Ydrisselle on January 10, 2018 8:27PM
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OK, now the Soul Shriven motif thing has been sorted, I can be a bit more objective about this :grin:

The level up advisor tips seem pretty innocuous tbh - similar sorts of things to load screen tips, possibly useful stuff for new players to know, nothing harmful.

I am leveling a new character on the PTS currently specifically to test level up rewards - this is NOT on a new account though, so obviously I am not getting stuff like the horse reward, full costume choices etc, as some items I already have on my account.

I am currently at level 25.

Overall, I think the rewards are decent and useful to new players. I have a mix of crown food, drink, potions, an xp scroll, and have had various jewelry, weapons, and glyphs that have been useful for my level (these items will all be more useful for new players without easy access to a crafter character, and I think they are nice little rewards). Also a choice of imperial furniture item and the 30 item storage chest (Storage Coffer, Fortified) at lvl 18 is nice and I think anyone into housing will like this, new player or not.

I like the notification of dungeon unlocks, very useful.

The only 2 rewards so far (lvls2-25) I felt could do with looking over to improve them, are:

- Lvl 13: Tarragon chicken recipe, 1 poultry, and 1 seasoning - change this so it is a coffer containing a small provisioning leveling pack - low level green recipes and ingredients are not hard to come by, and a recipe to make 30 minutes worth of food (given that most at this level will not have points in chef to make extra portions yet) seems a bit shoddy. Change instead to a number of lvl1-15 green recipes and 20 of each of the ingredients needed to make those recipes - give people a jump start on leveling provisioning. Tip should be about how to level provisioning skill and why it is useful to all players.

- Lvl 23: 3x Porade, 3x Jejota, 1x Makko, 1x Deni - seems like an odd reward, doesn't even add up to a full amount of glyphs. Might be better to contain a larger number of level-appropriate runes, offer a choice of stamina/magicka/health coffers to allow people to make a 7 pc set of green glyphs for armor? Tip about how glyphs can be useful, how to level enchanting etc.

Otherwise it looks good so far.

Thanks for allowing the crown crates to be picked up once on an existing account by leveling a new character, this ensures no-one misses out and I am very grateful for it - looking forward to my new character slot when the update goes live!
    Edited by Epona222 on January 10, 2018 10:12PM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • OMA
    OMA
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for the Level Up Advisor. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • Did you receive a reward at every level, up to level 50?
    • What was your favorite reward?
    • Do you have any other general feedback?

Answer:
    1. I did not do every level, will work on it a little more but I did get rewards up to level 5.
    2. Pending....
    3. General Feedback - For a new person or someone who is unfamiliar with a class and it's skills & passives, the suggested passives in the skill advisor are hard to locate. I do realize that each suggestion fully explains the passive or skill/morph and tells you where it is located, eventually the text tells you where it is but it requires taking the time to read the tiny text & old ladies or near/far sighted people can't read it very well. So perhaps you can make the associated skill line BOLD or highlighted somehow so we can see it easily and quickly make our decision?
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like the Level Up Advisor and rewards for the most part. New players to the game will greatly benefit from the various rewards along with the information related to Attribute Points, Skill Points and skill selection. The food and drink rewards have been my favorites thus far.

The only problem I have encountered so far has been with the weapon rewards, such as those for Level 25. This reward is great if I want to equip a bow, destruction staff, restoration staff or 2H weapon. However, the reward is of no use if I choose the 1H/Shield item or the Dual Wield item because only 1 of the 2 necessary items is given as a reward. The reward should give the player both a 1H weapon and a shield or 2 Dual Wield weapons (such as 2 daggers) so that those items can be used immediately. As it stands now, the player would already need to have the second item or they would need to find, buy or craft it before they could use their new reward. That kind of defeats the purpose of a gratifying reward that the player can use immediately - and a new player leveling their very first character will want to use that new weapon as soon as they receive it. They can't do that right now for 1H & Shield or Dual Wield weapons.

If there is a desire to add even more rewards, throw in more jewelry rewards. A three piece jewelry set would be especially beneficial.
    Edited by LonePirate on January 11, 2018 5:22AM
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    Question: Will the Crown Crates awarded for leveling be updated when each season updates?

(I know you can only get them once per account but Flame Atro has been out quite awhile and current players may want to delay leveling a new character until the new season launches - if the crates update with the current seasons)

I assume they will remain fire atro crates because the patch note didn't say crown crate, but fire atro crate. I assume they remain that, same as the free dwarven crate from Morrowind preorder/whatever edition still is a dwarven crate even if bought and opened in a later season (as I did).

On the other hand I also assume that when the patch with this level advisor/rewards hits also the new crown crates would go live. In that case they might not be Fire Atro in the live patch notes, but are fire atro in the PTS patch notes as the new ones are not out yet. Time will tell.
    Edited by Orticia on January 11, 2018 3:57PM
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    So during double xp events I can effectively farm crown crates and rewards by making new characters, deleting them, and then making more new characters....

No, doesn't work like that. As stated by ZoS, the rewards are a once per account thing. So a max of 3 fire atro crates.
  • GoonyGoat
    GoonyGoat
    ✭✭✭✭
    My question is, will these updates cycle through the crate seasons?
    So if someone joins ESO in the next crate season (dragon ones) they should technically get those ones and not the fire crates. If thats the case, then it may be worthwhile for older players to wait a bit before leveling a new toon.
    If you are eso+ you should be able to get 9 free fire crates, so can perhaps get some of the new ones instead as your once-off level rewards
  • Ymogn
    Ymogn
    Soul Shriven
    This is the official feedback thread for the Level Up Advisor. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • Did you receive a reward at every level, up to level 50?
    • What was your favorite reward?
    • Do you have any other general feedback?

After playing around with the outfit system for a few hours, I started looking at this system. The TL;DR version, is please for the love of Sheogorath take out the skill advice. For the characters imported from live to the PTS, over half of the recommendations for my stamina sorcerer and nightblade were horrendously bad ideas. The recommendations for my magicka sorcerer were laughable, and all in all it did not seem helpful in the slightest. As I get closer to the cp cap, I find myself spending more and more of my in game time helping people "git gud," because I find it enjoyable and rewarding. When somebody takes my advice and breaks 10k DPS for the first time, or 15k, or 20k because I've given them good advice and they actually listened to me it's as exciting for me as it is for them. When the game itself is telling them that my morph recommendations or ability choices are "Ill-Advised," though... Do you have any idea how much more work it's going to be to convince the average person that I'm right and the system is wrong? Also, my stamblade for instance has like 20 days as it's /played time, why am I getting told that my morphs are ill-advised? With that much time spent on a character, I can pretty much guarantee I didn't pick the wrong morph. Especially when the alternative is a magicka morph.

So far, I've gotten rewards for every level on the character I'm leveling on the PTS to test that, though I'm highly disappointed that I will get nothing for the 10 level 50's I have on live filling all of my character slots. The fact that I'm going to have to delete a level 50 or buy yet another character slot to devote to leveling new characters on repeat until I get all of the possible rewards is frustrating. The character I'm currently leveling on the PTS is only up to level 11 so far, so I've not gotten anything particularly useful, yet. Once I get it done to see the rewards, depending on how much time is left before it goes live, I may level a second character there using the game-advised skills instead of the ones I know to be good and no cp just to see if the game is even playable like that.

To end on a positive, because I don't just wanna be whiny when so much good stuff is coming this patch with the outfit system and the new dungeons, I do like the fact that when you level you get a pop-up on your screen that is unobtrusive but visible to go claim your rewards. I often found while leveling my characters that I'd sometimes go 4 or 5 levels without adding any ability points or spending any skill points because I just didn't think to do it, and this will help prevent that. I also like that it tells you what you're going to get at your next level and next milestone level. That's good motivation to go out and get those levels.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Did you receive a reward at every level, up to level 50?

Nothing at level 2, after that yes, every level up to 50. I play on the EU server, so started with no collectibles or such like on my PTS account. I think I saw everything that was on offer.

What was your favourite reward?

The 1 piece weapon sets. Every time they were on offer it was exactly what I needed.

Do you have any other general feedback?

I think this system is very Good. It gives new players the important stuff they are sorely lacking like good food and potions. It also saves a whole lot of gold, especially the horse. I didn't amass enough gold to buy the 10K horse until I was level 27.

The Level Adviser introduces new activities in a timely manner as you progress, and overall serves as a fairly comprehensive list of activities available in the game. I think it really is a good source of information for new players.

The first piece of armour I was given was called "Iron Legs", not "Iron Greaves".

Of the 3 costumes on offer at level 20 two are characteristic of the Daggerfall Covenant. I think it would be better if the costumes given didn't so clearly follow the aesthetic of a particular alliance. Furthermore, costumes simulating heavy and medium armour seem redundant now that even the most noobish noob can craft an armour outfit of any weight in their own racial motif. Maybe costumes that look like clothing rather than armour would be better for the level 20 reward.

Level 26 - a purple glyph of shielding was all that was given - I think a selection of glyphs to choose from would be better.

In many cases the amount of crafting components given seems too low to be really useful. Typically 10 mats and one piece of style material. If this is intended to be a subtle hint at the benefits of crafting then I think it may be way too subtle.

This is definitely going to make the lives of new players easier. I wish it had been there when I started out in the game.
    PC EU
  • JKith
    JKith
    ✭✭✭
    General Feedback:
    FYI: I only viewed it once then turned it off, so keep that in mind. but.....
    Level up advisor doesn't seem very smart, it suggested skills that were sub-optimal for DPS. Example, It told me to morph to Crystal Blast instead of Crystal Frags (terrible choice), and a few others that were bad choices, so I just turned it off.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    JKith wrote: »
    General Feedback:
    FYI: I only viewed it once then turned it off, so keep that in mind. but.....
    Level up advisor doesn't seem very smart, it suggested skills that were sub-optimal for DPS. Example, It told me to morph to Crystal Blast instead of Crystal Frags (terrible choice), and a few others that were bad choices, so I just turned it off.

That's the skills advisor. The level up advisor gives tips similar to those on loading screens, but in text at the top of the window where you collect the new level up rewards. It doesn't involve skills and morphs, there is another thread about that.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I am not sure if the Bank Space Upgrade is actually being applied. I've levelled two characters through level 16, but bank space doesn't seem to have increased.

I have ESO+. I'm assuming the starting bank space for me would be 120 when doubled.
    PC EU
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding the pet reward at 24.

I do not own the "ratter cat" but was only offered the hound.

I do own the "house cat". Is that intentional, not to be offered the "ratter cat" if you own the house cat? Is it some other issue?
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Very disappointed that the storage coffer awarded at Level 18 is now ONLY OBTAINABLE at Level 18. Please revert this change and make it available for writ vouchers or tel var stones as it was the last two weeks.

It already stinks that you aren't offering the account-wide rewards retroactively to those players who have characters beyond certain levels and all their character slots are filled. Your "solution" for these players is to make them purchase another character slot for 1500 Crowns or delete a character which may have had a lot of time invested.

Plus, while the other account-wide rewards are all cosmetic, this one is a functional reward that has been much asked for. This isn't even a strictly "new player" reward, since the players most in need of storage are your longtime players. Some of them have now been effectively limited to 330 total housing storage unless they fork over 1500 crowns or delete a character they've put a lot of time/effort into.

I'm one of those players. I will now have a total house storage of 330, because I'm certainly not going to reward ZOS by giving them 1500 crowns for yet another character slot so I can get this. Your FREE base game update is most certainly not free to all players.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on January 24, 2018 10:51PM
  • Esutick
    Esutick
    ✭✭
    I think that most of the rewards like the storage box, crown crates and costumes should be retroactively rewarded. After leveling up enough characters to fill up all character slots it's unfair to make you delete a char or spent crowns to level yet ANOTHER charater, not to mention it's just flat out rude towards long time players to force them to do it all over again to get the rewards.
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Esutick wrote: »
    I think that most of the rewards like the storage box, crown crates and costumes should be retroactively rewarded. After leveling up enough characters to fill up all character slots it's unfair to make you delete a char or spent crowns to level yet ANOTHER charater, not to mention it's just flat out rude towards long time players to force them to do it all over again to get the rewards.

Have there been any acknowledgements about this problem from ZOS yet?
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They stated that the rewards are not given retroactively, if you want them, you have to level a brand new toon.
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »

They stated that the rewards are not given retroactively, if you want them, you have to level a brand new toon.

Right, but there's been a lot of posts highlighting the hatred of this restriction. Have there been responses to that backlash?
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Right, but there's been a lot of posts highlighting the hatred of this restriction. Have there been responses to that backlash?

No official response yet that I've seen. Even in their "official" threads. @ZOS_GinaBruno Any chance that at least the storage coffer change can be reverted so that it's at least still purchasable from the writ vendor or tel var merchant as it was when this update first launched on PTS? I think it's highly disrespectful to your long-term players to make them pay for an update that's free for everyone else. Or, delete a lot of time and effort. Making a 15th character slot available is not a solution, it's a cash grab. I've not used that term before in relation to ZOS, but in this instance, it seems to fit.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on January 29, 2018 3:55PM
  • LadyLavender
    LadyLavender
    ✭✭
    Leveled my baby on EU, just so I could give feedback here. Only had the patience to get to 11.

For every level from 2 to 11, there was an item or a collectible unlocked.

What was your favorite reward?
    I do like the 1-piece item sets, since new characters level so fast a multi-piece set isn't likely to be useful.

Do you have any other general feedback?
    I like the tips (assuming new players take the time to read them), and that they are aligned with the level reward.
    I think some items might be placed in a different order. For example, soul gems and potions would have been useful immediately when I went into a delve with all of 3 active skills.
    Also, perhaps 2 or 3 servings of food, rather than just 1 at level 3. New players aren't going to have the recipes or ingredients to replace it for awhile.
    The crafting container gives only a vague idea of what those crafts are useful for. At this point, most brand new players probably don't have any idea which armor they are ultimately going to choose, or even that they should be choosing one!
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    7sszh1h.jpg

I love this game, but the new "clap" animation when leveling up just looks bad.. it looks like your character is like:
    "eh, whatever [clap clap] thank you for the level up reward, I guess."

I'm sorry, I don't mean to offend the animators, but it does not look right. It looks sarcastic instead of being actually grateful for the reward. It would be better to use the /cheer animation or something like that instead. It's a small change, but will make players more happy to see their characters do another emote than the current one. Please consider it, thank you.

Kind regards
    ~ Craziux
    [Outfits] Hide More Armor Slots?
    Cast your vote and make it happen!

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    ,<* Explorer of Tamriel since Beta *>,
    Hours spent in-game: 7500+ #NoLife
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Craziux wrote: »
    7sszh1h.jpg

I love this game, but the new "clap" animation when leveling up just looks bad.. it looks like your character is like:
    "eh, whatever [clap clap] thank you for the level up reward, I guess."

I'm sorry, I don't mean to offend the animators, but it does not look right. It looks sarcastic instead of being actually grateful for the reward. It would be better to use the /cheer animation or something like that instead. It's a small change, but will make players more happy to see their characters do another emote than the current one. Please consider it, thank you.

Kind regards
    ~ Craziux

I agree. I thought it was poor substitute for the cheers and "grats" you used to get from other players in days of old back when you "dinged" usually in a group and games were all about dinging and simultaneously unlocking new more powerful abilities.

I guess this is a substitute for that for solo players: no one else is cheering so you cheer for yourself. Come to think of it maybe some sarcasm is appropriate under the circumstances :)
  • Elizaboots
    Elizaboots
    ✭✭
    I started with a CP720, grabbed some houses, furnished a few, bought the storage chests to see how they fared, really nice to have that extra storage. Decided I’d like a look at the Levelling and Skills Advisor so started a new character. It’s been going ok, but today I’ve hit a snag. Level 18 and I get a choice of furnishings, green Imperial Spiked Brazier, Imperial Single bed or Imperial bookcase. However, I can’t claim any of them, because somewhere in the furnishings I’ve got, I already have them, and you can only have one. I can’t claim the rewards, and I can’t claim the skill and attribute points either. If any of you have got around this, help would be appreciated. I feel sure there’s an easy fix, I just can’t see it
    Xbox EU & NA
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elizaboots wrote: »
    I started with a CP720, grabbed some houses, furnished a few, bought the storage chests to see how they fared, really nice to have that extra storage. Decided I’d like a look at the Levelling and Skills Advisor so started a new character. It’s been going ok, but today I’ve hit a snag. Level 18 and I get a choice of furnishings, green Imperial Spiked Brazier, Imperial Single bed or Imperial bookcase. However, I can’t claim any of them, because somewhere in the furnishings I’ve got, I already have them, and you can only have one. I can’t claim the rewards, and I can’t claim the skill and attribute points either. If any of you have got around this, help would be appreciated. I feel sure there’s an easy fix, I just can’t see it

These furniture items are just furniture items, they're not collectibles. You can have as many of each of these items as you like in your account. You are not just limited to one.

In order to claim your Level 18 rewards all you need to do is click on one of the green furniture items, this should activate the claim button. If this is not happening for you then you need to /bug it.

Please note that you cannot claim a reward like the Level 18 one, that includes items that will go straight into your backpack, if your backpack is full.
    PC EU
  • Kwik1
    Kwik1
    ✭✭✭✭

Backlash? I've been reading a lot on PTS about this and a vast majority of players could care less about it being retroactive or not. Most of the posts I have seen all say it is nice to see something special for newer players to enjoy. Most of the negative posts have been from the same small group of players just responding in different forums. I have maxed toons in all slots and I personally will buy another character slot and just level up a Templar healer/DPS to see what is being given out and see the new system, but otherwise I could care less.
  • Elizaboots
    Elizaboots
    ✭✭
    Elizaboots wrote: »

These furniture items are just furniture items, they're not collectibles. You can have as many of each of these items as you like in your account. You are not just limited to one.

In order to claim your Level 18 rewards all you need to do is click on one of the green furniture items, this should activate the claim button. If this is not happening for you then you need to /bug it.

Please note that you cannot claim a reward like the Level 18 one, that includes items that will go straight into your backpack, if your backpack is full.

Ok, I’ll pop back on and see what happens. I’m new to the PTS, so bear with me please
    Xbox EU & NA
  • FernisWolff
    FernisWolff
    Soul Shriven
    I find it slightly unfair that people that are leveled up to the max miss out on these rewards. I am personally at level 25 and do not want to make a new character in order to obtain these rewards. I have put a lot of time and effort into my character and he is my favorite. I want to continue playing with just him. I am certain I am not the only one who feels this way. Are the rewards at least transferable over to all the characters?
    I'm a female. Please don't mistake me for a male. ;x
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it slightly unfair that people that are leveled up to the max miss out on these rewards. I am personally at level 25 and do not want to make a new character in order to obtain these rewards. I have put a lot of time and effort into my character and he is my favorite. I want to continue playing with just him. I am certain I am not the only one who feels this way. Are the rewards at least transferable over to all the characters?

I agree that this feature was not well thought out (unless they planned on the cash grab of selling more character slots). Most rewards are either account wide or are items that can be transferred.

I had an idea, but not sure how to get it across to people who will read it. But, what if they just gave an option to partially reset a character? The problem with deleting one and starting over is that you have a lot of time spent on building up trait research, mount training, learning motifs and recipes, achievements, skyshards, etc. I would not mind the XP grind at all if it meant I could keep those other things. I'm thinking of a system where your XP goes to zero, your level goes to 1, your level based skill points and attributes are removed, skills are reset. You keep everything else: your eidetic knowledge (lorebooks, normal books), motifs/recipes, mount/traits, achievements, and even skill XP. Then you could re-level your character, get the level based rewards, but not lose out on years of work.

Of course the easiest option is to just get access to every level based reward immediately, but they apparently don't want to do that.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem with deleting one and starting over is that you have a lot of time spent on building up trait research, mount training, learning motifs and recipes, achievements, skyshards, etc.

Except that an extra character spot was added with the Update 17 patch, @nightstrike. That makes it 15 total character spots available. So, nobody is forced to delete any character they already have going.

The leveling rewards are intended for new players ... not seasoned players who are already working on CP. Even though a means to obtain the rewards is available to all players, new and veteran.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on March 2, 2018 9:10PM
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem with deleting one and starting over is that you have a lot of time spent on building up trait research, mount training, learning motifs and recipes, achievements, skyshards, etc.

Except that an extra character spot was added with the Update 17 patch, @nightstrike. That makes it 15 total character spots available. So, nobody is forced to delete any character they already have going.

The leveling rewards are intended for new players ... not seasoned players who are already working on CP. Even though a means to obtain the rewards is available to all players, new and veteran.

Buying a slot isn't free, or cheap.

And as has been pointed out many times, the storage chest is not attainable any other way. But more to the point, I'm in that in-between zone. I have all of my chars because of the last event, but I'm by no means a veteran.