The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Update 17 - Feedback Thread for Level Up Advisor

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem with deleting one and starting over is that you have a lot of time spent on building up trait research, mount training, learning motifs and recipes, achievements, skyshards, etc.

Except that an extra character spot was added with the Update 17 patch, @nightstrike. That makes it 15 total character spots available. So, nobody is forced to delete any character they already have going.

The leveling rewards are intended for new players ... not seasoned players who are already working on CP. Even though a means to obtain the rewards is available to all players, new and veteran.

Buying a slot isn't free, or cheap.

And as has been pointed out many times, the storage chest is not attainable any other way. But more to the point, I'm in that in-between zone. I have all of my chars because of the last event, but I'm by no means a veteran.

I disagree.

Anyone who has over seven (7) characters has had enough gameplay to be a veteran.

That's the limit of characters you can already have to avoid having to purchase an extra character slot.
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can create 8 characters without playing the game more than a few minutes. The two measurements are orthogonal.
    Warning: This signature is tiny!