The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Dragon Bones and Update 17 Preview"

• heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would love to know, as others have asked, if costume slots are per account or character. It sounds like account and I'm holding on to a tiny piece of hope that it's character. Not really wanting to buy extra slots with crowns just so each of my alts can have a unique look.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Holmarion19
    Holmarion19
    ✭✭✭
    Will storage be affected by house permissions at all? Is it for the account holder only or can others use it if their house is used as a guild house?
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaeysa wrote: »
    Can we use lower-level appearances for the Outfit system?

As long as one of your characters knows the corresponding motif(s) for those lower-level items/item sets, yes.

Awesome!
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Audens
    Audens
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno But wait!
    What if I have one of the very few items with special appearances?
    You know, Volar staff/dagger, the Anguish stuff that looks like Dark Seducer, the rewards for the final Main Quest?
    Will these be included in the outfit system? If not, can they be? (please)
    unban my first account thanks
  • Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will subscribers get more outfit slots/options than non-subscribers?

I'd like some incentive to stay subscribed.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    Gina, will we be able to craft these storage housing furnishings? and how common will they be?

You cannot craft the Housing Storage Furnishings. Storage coffers and chests will be available for purchase from the Mastercraft Mediator (coming with Update 17), the Crown Store, or from Tel Var Merchants. You'll also be able to earn a storage coffer from the Level Up Advisor when you reach level 18, if you have not already purchased it.

Im guessing the storage will be like 7500 crowns? Or more?
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the Level Up Advisor, every time one of your characters gains a level, you will receive gameplay tips and useful rewards

So what about people that are already at max lvl ? will they get the rewards etc via mail or auto added to inv/craft bag

To quote Gina from another thread:
    The rewards obtained through the Level Up Advisor are items that will be helpful for your character as they progress to level 50, and will not be retroactively granted to existing characters. We'll have a full list of the milestone rewards listed in the PTS patch notes for visibility.

Will give me an incentive to lvl my DK to 50
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    Gina, will we be able to craft these storage housing furnishings? and how common will they be?

You cannot craft the Housing Storage Furnishings. Storage coffers and chests will be available for purchase from the Mastercraft Mediator (coming with Update 17), the Crown Store, or from Tel Var Merchants. You'll also be able to earn a storage coffer from the Level Up Advisor when you reach level 18, if you have not already purchased it.

Yay, Tel Var tho don't do IC much.

They will offer diffrent amount of space ?
    Will they be bound on buy ?
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a bit more info on how the Outfit System works:

Once any character on your account learns a Motif, you gain access to the corresponding Outfit Style Collectible for your account (since Collectibles are unlocked account-wide.) Depending on whether the Motif is for a single piece or all pieces, the Collectible could be all pieces of an outfit or just a single piece for, say... gloves or a hat. So those of you who have a single crafting character will be able to use that character's known Motifs to create Outfits for all characters on your account. The entire Outfit System runs on Collectibles.

Hope this helps! We encourage you to join ESO Live tonight if you can. We'll be gathering up more of your questions and answering what we can about these new systems, as well as showing them off.
    Okay, awesome, great!...But what does that mean for unique styles?
  • OfTheEight
    OfTheEight
    ✭✭
    Hopefully one of host of changes will be to switch permissions for turning on/off lights in homesteads.
  • wrgagurl
    wrgagurl
    ✭✭✭
    So......when the storage coffer was mentioned, it stated that once you reach level 18, you are rewarded with one, however, those of us who are leveled players will most likely have to pay to get a coffer or chest, or grind for it? Did I misread that?
    XBOX ONE X, NA
    530CP
    Magika Sorceror
    Magika Warden
    Magika Templar
  • OfTheEight
    OfTheEight
    ✭✭
    Will storage be affected by house permissions at all? Is it for the account holder only or can others use it if their house is used as a guild house?

Great question, looking forward to the answer
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

What form of currency will the Mastercraft Mediator be taking? Gold? Master Writ Vouchers? Tomatoes?
    Edited by Inklings on January 4, 2018 8:21PM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on June 19, 2018 7:54AM
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Can i use heavy armor costume for my light armor character?

Yes, you can. The one restriction is that you can't make an item for one particular item slot or a weapon family look like an item for a different item slot or a different weapon family. For example, you can't make a helm look like a boot (sorry to everyone who dreamed of wearing a boot on your head), or make a bow look like a two-hander.

heaven13 wrote: »
    Would love to know, as others have asked, if costume slots are per account or character. It sounds like account and I'm holding on to a tiny piece of hope that it's character. Not really wanting to buy extra slots with crowns just so each of my alts can have a unique look.

Outfit slots are per-character, much like bag space upgrades. You will be able to purchase additional ones per character with crowns.

opaj wrote: »
    Also, does having one of the "converter" collectibles--Imperial and Morag Tong--unlock that style for outfits?

The short answer is yes, but these two are a bit of a special case. If you have the Imperial or Morag Tong "converter" Collectible, you automatically will have access to those Outfit Styles and be able to apply those styles via the Outfit System for free (since doing so is free for those who have those Collectibles now.) Just as is the case now, those two Collectibles do not give you the Imperial or Morag Tong Motif, so you still can't craft items in those styles. Once the Outfit System goes live, you will use that interface to apply those styles to your armor and weapons instead of a Crafting Station.

(Note: There is a known issue for PTS 1 where you will not see the Imperial and Morag Tong styles as available in the Outfit System if you have the Imperial or Morag Tong "converter" Collectible. This will be fixed.)
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, you can. The one restriction is that you can't make an item for one particular item slot or a weapon family look like an item for a different item slot or a different weapon family. For example, you can't make a helm look like a boot (sorry to everyone who dreamed of wearing a boot on your head), or make a bow look like a two-hander.

Outfit slots are per-character, much like bag space upgrades. You will be able to purchase additional ones per character with crowns.

opaj wrote: »
    Also, does having one of the "converter" collectibles--Imperial and Morag Tong--unlock that style for outfits?

The short answer is yes, but these two are a bit of a special case. If you have the Imperial or Morag Tong "converter" Collectible, you automatically will have access to those Outfit Styles and be able to apply those styles via the Outfit System for free (since doing so is free for those who have those Collectibles now.) Just as is the case now, those two Collectibles do not give you the Imperial or Morag Tong Motif, so you still can't craft items in those styles. Once the Outfit System goes live, you will use that interface to apply those styles to your armor and weapons instead of a Crafting Station.

(Note: There is a known issue for PTS 1 where you will not see the Imperial and Morag Tong styles as available in the Outfit System if you have the Imperial or Morag Tong "converter" Collectible. This will be fixed.)

Thats so awesome!!! Cant wait for it
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 14/14 characters, all level 50 (CP 690), and all but one have already done the Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, Mages Guild quest-lines, plus so much more. In order to get those collectibles, I will literally have to delete one character and start all over, unless every single item is also available for gold, such as the mount they mentioned. I know they said the storage chests will also be available in other ways, but what about the mount? Somehow I doubt we'll be able to buy that with in-game gold. Pretty awful for your older players who've been supporting you for over a year, and in many cases, several years.
    *EDIT* Apparently the mount is just the brown stable pony, so older players won't be missing anything. Phew! And on top of that, they're also going to open up one more character slot (for purchase). So yay!

Edited by SydneyGrey on January 5, 2018 1:39AM
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I have 14/14 characters, all level 50 (CP 690), and all but one have already done the Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, Mages Guild quest-lines, plus so much more. In order to get those collectibles, I will literally have to delete one character and start all over, unless every single item is also available for gold, such as the mount they mentioned. I know they said the storage chests will also be available in other ways, but what about the mount? Somehow I doubt we'll be able to buy that with in-game gold. Pretty awful for your older players who've been supporting you for over a year, and in many cases, several years.

its the normal brown horse that you can just buy for gold
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    1. Can you transmog shoulders/helms into monster sets style shoulders/helms and vice versa?
    2. Which slot of armor will be for free?
    3. Can you wear transmoged piece of armor on top of ordinary costumes, so it will look like costume with modified piece?
    4. for shields and weapons - do you need 2 slots of transmoged piece for main and backbar ?
    5. does transmoged chest hide tabard?
    Edited by Cinbri on January 4, 2018 8:49PM
  • pauli133
    pauli133
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why must you crush my dreams of revealing my true nature to the world - Belt Man, Master of the Bow-Staff?
  • Bloodystab
    Bloodystab
    ✭✭✭✭

With one small difference, bag slots & bank can be upgraded also with Gold.

• Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaeysa wrote: »
    Can we use lower-level appearances for the Outfit system?

As long as one of your characters knows the corresponding motif(s) for those lower-level items/item sets, yes.

lower level Breton cloth art I can use again, sweet! :wink: I also love the lower level Breton staves as well.
    Edited by Vanthras79 on January 4, 2018 8:46PM
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Lokryn
    Lokryn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will we have the ability to hide certain pieces like Helm or Shoulders?
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    pauli133 wrote: »

Why must you crush my dreams of revealing my true nature to the world - Belt Man, Master of the Bow-Staff?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VCTkhd8VL0
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on June 19, 2018 7:54AM
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have 14 max characters, why are you concerned with a brown horse and leveling gear? Good grief people.
  • Aistlaw
    Aistlaw

For example, you can't make a helm look like a boot (sorry to everyone who dreamed of wearing a boot on your head), or make a bow look like a two-hander.

Sorry indeed to all beloved headbooters and bowtwo-handers. Sorry.

• ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

224xks.jpg
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is great news. Thank you for the answer. I'm happy that my single crafter's knowledge will be a collectible for this system AND that each of my characters can have their own outfit.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAxen wrote: »

If you have 14 max characters, why are you concerned with a brown horse and leveling gear? Good grief people.

What about the crown crates? Until we don't know what type of crates will be distributed and what will be their content, we can't assume that nothing interesting would be in them...