Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Dragon Bones and Update 17 Preview"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
d5999597a2e18ca0b5702fc18a71df5e.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the "Dragon Bones and Update 17 Preview" blog article.

An ancient power re-awakens and threatens all of Tamriel in The Elder Scrolls Online's newest DLC game pack, Dragon Bones. This February, you can discover two exciting new dungeons and enjoy a host of base-game additions and improvements with Update 17.
Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on January 4, 2018 2:57PM
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Darkheart
    Darkheart
    ✭✭✭
    Will our dye station we currently have at our homes be changed to the outfit station?

And can we dye armor/clothing at the outfit station?
    Returning Home to Daggerfall.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsnRQJxanVM

Cool wish the skeletal dragon would be a trial boss, looking forward to these dungeons
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the Level Up Advisor, every time one of your characters gains a level, you will receive gameplay tips and useful rewards

So what about people that are already at max lvl ? will they get the rewards etc via mail or auto added to inv/craft bag
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In addition to Mor Khazgur, we're introducing the dark caverns of the Deeping Drome. In this long-forgotten Dwarven ruin, you'll carefully navigate claustrophobic pathways filled with the bones of would-be champions. This new arena is built for deadly ambushes and stealthy playstyles, so watch your back!
    :D I can't decide if this is a chance to rek more wannabe gankers, or just one more reason not to be interested in BGs.
    Whether you're a veteran dungeon delver looking for a challenge, a PvP warrior longing for new Battlegrounds to conquer, or a role-player seeking a stylish new look for every occasion, there's something for everyone in this latest update.
    Of all the things PVPers "long for" out of BGs, I can assure you new maps are not anywhere near the top of the list.

Edit: oh snap, they're going back to non-CP. Excited to try them out again!
    Edited by casparian on January 4, 2018 5:08PM
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very exciting stuff @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , very much looking forward to the new Dungeons and of course the quality of life improvements. Something that caught my eye from the article regarding the new level up advisor

"With the Level Up Advisor, every time one of your characters gains a level, you will receive gameplay tips and useful rewards. These rewards will include gold, crafting materials, and consumables, and certain key leveling milestones will even reward you with a new mount or a Crown Crate!"

Will the key leveling milestone mount apply retroactively to players with all max level characters? If not can we still earn the mount by leveling up a new character? Will the possible crown crate rewarded for leveling up be restricted in quantity per account or will users be able to essentially farm these crown crates by deleting and re-leveling characters?
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So no increase in furnishing slots in this update - is this planned perhaps?

This is requested at least as much, maybe even more, than home storage.

Khajiit wants to build a roof garden.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Darkheart wrote: »
    Will our dye station we currently have at our homes be changed to the outfit station?

And can we dye armor/clothing at the outfit station?

Yes and yes! The Outfit station includes all the functionality of the previous Dye Stations. The Outfit Stations quite literally replace the Dye Stations, including where they appear in the world. We look forward to having you try them out on the PTS very soon. :)

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • SorataArisugawa
    SorataArisugawa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So no increase in furnishing slots in this update - is this planned perhaps?

This is requested at least as much, maybe even more, than home storage.

Khajiit wants to build a roof garden.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

@ZOS_GinaBruno Gina please!!! Listen to Santie and pass this to the Devs for us! :neutral:
  • Darkheart
    Darkheart
    ✭✭✭
    Will armor be bound when changing the style of a item?

This will work for ugly helms and shoulders of the undaunted right? :wink:

Will it need something extra to change the style? (Simular like transmute crystals.)
    Edited by Darkheart on January 4, 2018 3:31PM
    Returning Home to Daggerfall.
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "This update will allow you to acquire unique collectibles that you can use to store items in your homes, freeing up valuable inventory and bank space. You'll be able to acquire these new items in game or from the Crown Store."

I'm a bit confused by this, does this mean we only get to store unique new items being added next patch? We won't be able to store any inventory items we want?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by MyNameIsElias on January 4, 2018 3:20PM
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "This update will allow you to acquire unique collectibles that you can use to store items in your homes, freeing up valuable inventory and bank space. You'll be able to acquire these new items in game or from the Crown Store."

I'm a bit confused by this, does this mean we only get to store unique new items being added next patch? We won't be able to store any inventory items we want?

@ZOS_GinaBruno

The unique collectibles are the storage. LET THE GRIND BEGIN
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, another question. The Outfit System section says:
    With the Outfit System, you can change the appearance of your equipment to reflect any of your known crafting styles by visiting an Outfit Station. [...] You will have access to one unique outfit that you can customize using gold, but you will also be able to acquire Outfit Change Tokens and additional Outfit Slots from the Crown Store, allowing you to have a variety of outfits ready to go at a moment's notice.
    I don't understand this. Does this mean I only get to customize my appearance once without buying tokens from the Crown Store? Or can I re-customize my appearance multiple times without spending Crowns? What is an Outfit Slot? Is this the same as the costume slot we currently have? When I use an Outfit Station, am I changing the style of the actual gear I have equipped, and if so, can I change it again without buying tokens from the Crown Store? Or am I changing the appearance of a costume (the "one unique outfit" mentioned in the article)?
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Symposium56
    Does the new outfit system apply to weapon s as well?
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    With the Outfit System, you can change the appearance of your equipment to reflect any of your known crafting styles by visiting an Outfit Station. [...] You will have access to one unique outfit that you can customize using gold, but you will also be able to acquire Outfit Change Tokens and additional Outfit Slots from the Crown Store, allowing you to have a variety of outfits ready to go at a moment's notice.
    I don't understand this. Does this mean I only get to customize my appearance once without buying tokens from the Crown Store? Or can I re-customize my appearance multiple times without spending Crowns? What is an Outfit Slot? Is this the same as the costume slot we currently have? When I use an Outfit Station, am I changing the style of the actual gear I have equipped, and if so, can I change it again without buying tokens from the Crown Store? Or am I changing the appearance of a costume (the "one unique outfit" mentioned in the article)?

Khajiit assumes this might work a little like a system she once encountered in her travels to Middle Earth. Basically you put bits together in slots and they become a costume - so you can wear that cosmetic armour sort of over your real one.

Possibly.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the new level up rewards, will rewards be retroactively given to players? Or will players need to level up a new character (which for some will mean deleting a character) to gain the mount?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I have exactly the same doubts/worries! Some clarification is needed here.
  • Symposium56

I think it means that you get 1 outfit slot for free. You can alter that slot however many times you want. But if you want extra outfit slots you have to buy them with crowns.
    Edited by Symposium56 on January 4, 2018 3:33PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a scale of Argonian Style Stone to 50 Transmute Crystals to the Mythical Cipher.... how rare are these storage collectibles in game?

Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it means that you get 1 outfit slot for free. You can alter that slot however many times you want. But if you want extra outfit slots you have to buy them with crowns.

^ This is exactly how I understand it. By the sounds of it, you are not changing the look of your actual gear. More like a custom costume.

If I have my Mending/SPC on and go create an "outfit" and put it on... the game will still keep my in that outfit if I change out my mending for worm for example.

I don't actually know. I just think that is how it sounds.
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!

{{throws credit card at screen}}
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

The unique collectibles are the storage. LET THE GRIND BEGIN

Ooooooo ok, the unique items are the items we use for storage. Thank you for the clarification, my english can fail me sometimes lol
    Edited by MyNameIsElias on January 4, 2018 3:38PM
  • Phaedrathallassa
    Phaedrathallassa
    ✭✭✭
    The update looks great! Except for one thing... Lots of shinies for new players leveling up, but what about those of us that have been around forever and already leveled up our characters? Are we to be forgotten yet again?

For me it's not that big a deal since I still have more alts to level, but I know at least one person that has 14 max level characters. Is she out of luck for the rewards or will they be rewarded retroactively? (Or perhaps more character slots to buy...)

One other question: Is the unique outfit per-character or account-wide?

My suspicion is that you get a single account-wide outfit... that you can set up on your character that knows all the motifs... but then of course your alts all look the same... is this indeed how it works?

One last question:

WHEN ARE WE GETTING WEAPON TRANSMOG/SKINS? I'm sick of these blood-red weapons. Can we at least dye them?! That was 60% of the excitement about transmog and now it seems that weapons once again are stuck looking the way they dropped!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Phaedrathallassa @Symposium56

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4751578/#Comment_4751578
    Weapons are included in the Outfit System, so you'll be able to not only change how your weapon looks, but also... dye it! Cool, right? :)

Now we know!
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But... if the transmog system is an outfit... can we dye it without eso plus ??? I don't like the idea of an outfit system at all...what if we only want to change a piece of the armor? :(

"I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a lot of people have totally misjudged what Transmog will allow. Let the *** storm begin! LOL
    PC EU
  • mmogamerperson
    mmogamerperson
    ✭✭✭
    This isn't Transmog. It's a costume system.
    The only Sane people in the world are those that are iNsAnE, and know it...
  • mmogamerperson
    mmogamerperson
    ✭✭✭
    (stupid double post)
    Edited by mmogamerperson on January 4, 2018 3:52PM
    The only Sane people in the world are those that are iNsAnE, and know it...
  • Phaedrathallassa
    Phaedrathallassa
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    @Phaedrathallassa @Symposium56

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4751578/#Comment_4751578
    Weapons are included in the Outfit System, so you'll be able to not only change how your weapon looks, but also... dye it! Cool, right? :)

Now we know!

Eyyyyyyyy. That's a big relief. I'm excited to be able to get my tanks looking proper paladin-ey! No more bloodspawn and blood-red weapons for them! Thank you for the link MissBizz :)
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No new modes for bgs :'(
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    No new modes for bgs :'(

Think of it this way: the mode pool has not been further diluted making Deathmatch even rarer.