The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Outfit System (Transmog) - Will we FINALLY be able to get rid of those god awful red weapons?

MercTheMage
MercTheMage
✭✭✭✭
Pretty much says it all ^
You just going to stand there like a lemon?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the weapons are red no matter what Motif I use to make them, then I don't see how the Transmog is going to change this.

See Gina's Post below
    Edited by Nestor on January 4, 2018 4:24PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Since the weapons are red no matter what Motif I use to make them, then I don't see how the Transmog is going to change this.

you use a steel quality sword over a rubidite quality
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lower levels
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    from what I'm reading. its the styles YOU know, which means there is no item you can use. it means it works similar to transmutation station. except... only one outfit can be costumized with gold, which leads me to believe, I cannot actualy customize gear for alts either, and just... ZOS, PLEASE CLARIFY IF ITS AS BAD AS I'm reading it to be????
    With the Outfit System, you can change the appearance of your equipment to reflect any of your known crafting styles by visiting an Outfit Station (formerly known as Dye Stations). Whether you're wearing Light, Medium, or Heavy armor, you'll be able to alter its appearance, allowing you to always look your very best – and exactly how you want.

You will have access to one unique outfit that you can customize using gold, but you will also be able to acquire Outfit Change Tokens and additional Outfit Slots from the Crown Store, allowing you to have a variety of outfits ready to go at a moment's notice

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26281
    Edited by Linaleah on January 4, 2018 3:42PM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really couldn't give 2 *** about my armor, they've already gotten a crap ton of crowns out of me for costumes.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Weapons are included in the Outfit System, so you'll be able to not only change how your weapon looks, but also... dye it! Cool, right? :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weapons are included in the Outfit System, so you'll be able to not only change how your weapon looks, but also... dye it! Cool, right? :)

YOU WIN!

Seriously. Best post of the day award goes to Gina Bruno!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Elissae
    Elissae
    ✭✭✭

Huzzah! :)
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really couldn't give 2 *** about my armor, they've already gotten a crap ton of crowns out of me for costumes.

the point is, that this much requested feature is all but useless. sure, i have plenty of costumes as well and the way this feature is described its all but useless.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I get what you are saying but I know Aledimeri and Ebony, etc but with drop set being BiS for most builds it would be awesome to wear what I know vs how it drops and be "forced" to wear a costume because the drop set comes in Wood Elf or whatever.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno will we be able to hide tabard with transmoged armors?
    Edited by Cinbri on January 4, 2018 3:47PM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that's nice and all, but how do i change the look on alts that are NOT my master crafters?
    dirty worthless casual.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are the "unique outfits" a separate feature from being able to change the styles of a couple of pieces of armor?
    for example: I don't really want to make an outfit out of armor, but I do want to change my Plague Doctor set to aldmeri style and still cover the armor with a costume
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh my god this is everything
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd assume the looks are unlocked globally just like any other existing appearance option such as costumes?
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the "unique outfits" a separate feature from being able to change the styles of a couple of pieces of armor?
    for example: I don't really want to make an outfit out of armor, but I do want to change my Plague Doctor set to aldmeri style and still cover the armor with a costume

Not being short with you, but why would you do that? I don't understand.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

THANK YOU!
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    NO MORE LABORING UNDER THE YOKE OF THE SCARLET OPPRESSION! MY WEAPONS ARE FREE!
    and are probably gonna be dyed a gaudy gold xD
  • CardboardedBox
    CardboardedBox
    ✭✭✭✭

THANK YOU.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Smaxx wrote: »
    I'd assume the looks are unlocked globally just like any other existing appearance option such as costumes?

All collectibles are global, so yeah, sounds like you'll have 1 slot to share across all character unless you pay $$. Makes sense.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "With the Outfit System, you can change the appearance of your equipment to reflect any of your known crafting styles"

YOUR known styles. Any reason to spit in crafter faces once again?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

All collectibles are global, so yeah, sounds like you'll have 1 slot to share across all character unless you pay $$. Makes sense.

sigh. does this mean that at least said created costume can be dyed differently on each character the way existing costumes are... or will that be set too? >_>
    dirty worthless casual.
  • Symposium56

Praise Stendarr!!!
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Not being short with you, but why would you do that? I don't understand.

So I can take the costume off and wear the armor when I want to wear the armor. I didn't mean to say that I want to change my armor style and cover it with a costume forever. I want to know if the only way to use the transmog system is through making a unique outfit instead of simply being able to change armor pieces' styles.
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • CardboardedBox
    CardboardedBox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

that's nice and all, but how do i change the look on alts that are NOT my master crafters?

I never even thought of that....My alts Don't really know any motifs, and the ones I would want to use like mazzatun are way too difficult/expensive to get a second time.
  • Cold91
    Cold91
    ✭✭✭
    This is not how transmog should've been implemented. We each get 1 outfit slot (so basically we are just making a costume) and can pay for more slots with crowns? Why isn't the system more like the Imperial and morag tong conversion? That is how transmog should be. Though I understand they did it this way so they could better monitize the system, it's still a true waste of an oppurtunity to do something the right way.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sigh. does this mean that at least said created costume can be dyed differently on each character the way existing costumes are... or will that be set too? >_>

Costumes are dyed separate, so I'd assume the slot would be same costume for every character, but able to be dyed different. Of course, i'm working off of total assumptions from how what we currently have works. I don't actually know! @Linaleah
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Costumes are dyed separate, so I'd assume the slot would be same costume for every character, but able to be dyed different. Of course, i'm working off of total assumptions from how what we currently have works. I don't actually know! @Linaleah

I hope they clarify the details because right now its pretty meh. I mean... weapon dye is good, but is it part of the OUTFIT? or can we just dye them individually? does it work of dyes, or material colors?
    dirty worthless casual.
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OMG OMG OMG HYPEEE
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

:smiley: Really looking forward to trying this out soon!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.