Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS: The Guild Store / Bank System is Terrible and needs Reconsideration

dodgehopper_ESO
dodgehopper_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Years ago when this game first crawled out of the primordial ooze we had a banking system, and items could be moved to and fro with little difficulty. A strange anomaly cropped up allowing people to duplicate items and so ZoS ruined Banking and later Guild stores. Years later we have a frustrating system where you travel from town to town to buy what you want and have to wait five minutes sometimes for the guild store to open up and reveal what goodies are inside. I'm tired of spending all this time staring at a guild store. This is infuriating. If ZoS can't fix this they really should release a global auction house and give up on this. Its just too painful jumping store to store when the Store itself just won't reveal what is inside. I've wasted an afternoon on this and its not fun. PLEASE FIX!
US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
<And plenty more>
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Search function long overdue and needed. Even a simple check-box to filter out known motifs, recipes, and furnishing plans.

While we're at it can we fix our item deconstruction lists from jumping around everytime we deconstruct an item?
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Search function and better filters definitely required. I really don't mind travelling to visit different stores though, in fact I enjoy perusing the different locations.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    -
    Edited by DoctorESO on May 15, 2018 12:54AM
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree it would be nice if it had more built in features but even greater than that, I'd like the damnable thing to actually work more often. I'm just frustrated at how long I have to wait for any of the guild store information to load. They broke the hamster wheel and they need to fix it.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Despite what some may say or believe, the ever growing popularity of Tamriel Trade Centre lends even more support for the playerbase's desire for a global trading/auction house.

The two are not even in the least bit related. You might have a case in stating the popularity supports the desire for a more intuitive search feature within the current system. Beyond that you have nothing.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

While we're at it can we fix our item deconstruction lists from jumping around everytime we deconstruct an item?

just use the "alphabetic order" ie: click "NAME" not the arrow on the left.....

EDIT: and don't click the magnifying glass..... which I believe is the default sort order now...
    Edited by Imza on December 30, 2017 8:12AM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    -
    Edited by DoctorESO on May 15, 2018 12:54AM
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Despite what some may say or believe, the ever growing popularity of Tamriel Trade Centre lends even more support for the playerbase's desire for a global trading/auction house.

The two are not even in the least bit related. You might have a case in stating the popularity supports the desire for a more intuitive search feature within the current system. Beyond that you have nothing.

Have you seen the Tamriel Trade Centre website and looked at the details of the add-on? They emulate as best as they can a global trading house that allows people to see where items are for sale across Tamriel and for how much so people can find what they need and at the lowest price possible.

And as long as it stays the way it is I'm ok with it. It's basically like the classified section of a newspaper.

We don't need a centralized global AH. At most we just need some UI improvements. We've gone over this a thousand times already. AH ain't happening and that is a very good thing.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely. Visiting that website / using the addon is practically essential.
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use TTC but I still like travelling to various guild trade stalls. TTC doesn't necessarily create a desire for a central auction house.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because people want cheap amd easy and care little of consequences. Like bots and market control
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LadyAstrum wrote: »
    I use TTC but I still like travelling to various guild trade stalls. TTC doesn't necessarily create a desire for a central auction house.

This is a fun idea and it would be true except for the fact that most of the time I'm trying to use various guild stalls the item information may take 5+ minutes to load... per stall! This is unacceptable. When I made this post originally it took 10 minutes for one stall to load its information. This is not very fun. I was one of the people who was fine with ZoS not having a centralized store system, but if they can't manage it right I would just rather they simplify and make it work. I'm tired of wasting hours at guild stores when it could have taken easily 1/10th the time. Staring blankly at a screen like a knuckle dragging idiot is not what I login to do.
    <And plenty more>
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% no to an auction house as per other threads. Trading is an interesting part of the game right now, wrecking that isn't needed.

But yes to being able to sort (console) or search item names would be cool.

On Xbox EU haven't seen the delays you mention. And if you join 3/4 good trading guilds you can do it all from 1 bank
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Because people want cheap amd easy and care little of consequences. Like bots and market control

This is some great snarky rhetoric and completely misses the point despite being convincing. It is also not an argument for or against something. The frustration with the guild store system is deeper than the difficulty of travelling. My complaint is very specifically about the time it takes to load each and every individual store. Additionally, since I believe this problem might be related to guild bank loading I'm also complaining about that. Guild Banks have been really bad since they were dealing with item duplication in the very nascent phase of this game. I've got no problem with their attempt to solve that issue but I do have a problem with just how a user friendly system became extremely annoying. I don't like waiting 5 minutes to see a guild store finally load its goods. This is made worse when (as a guild leader) you are attempting to clean the slop out of a guild store. Half the time if you withdraw a few goods the whole system locks up for a long swath of time before it allows you to work with the system again. This makes the entire guild bank system a huge pain in the ass to deal with. I'm frustrated with inventory management in this game. It takes way too much time dealing with ***, and not enough time actually having fun with the game. I am going to admit this is detrimentally affecting my enjoyment in the game to the extreme. I find myself not playing at times PURELY because I don't want to either do the cleanup so that I have the space to enjoy the game, or I find myself not wanting to play because I don't want to deal with the aftermath cleanup. Ultimately, inventory management is becoming a serious chore and it is in large part because of the ***-poor mail, store, and bank system as currently implemented. I'm not the only person who feels this way. Discord and TeamSpeak don't disagree with me here.
    <And plenty more>
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For sake of clarity I'm going to bullet list what bothers me. While I did rhetorically state that I understand why people would want a centralized guild store system, I only said that as a point to say if ZoS can't make these individual stores functional I'd rather they streamline it and be done with it. As I said before I was a proponent for all of the little guild store stalls.

Here's the key points I want to make:
    *Load Times for Guild Banks are horrible - speed it up, speed it way up.
    *Load Times for Guild Stores are horrible - speed it up, speed it way up.
    *Inventory management is a nightmare - Do something about it last year. The game is growing increasingly less fun because of it. I am saying this as a subscriber. Give us armories in our homes. Give us some way to bank more of these items. I'd like to be able to actually enjoy and play around with the cool new gear that comes out in the game without having to delete five gear sets every patch. I'm tired of that. Please for goodness sake fix it. Do something, or stop making more gear sets. This is by the way why I ended up quitting Star Trek Online for all intents and purposes. Yes I'm still a lifetime member there but its killed my interest having to deal with the constant flurry of accounting and management. I don't load up a video game to be a maid or an accountant. (How do developers not understand this)

<And plenty more>
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »

Have you seen the Tamriel Trade Centre website and looked at the details of the add-on? They emulate as best as they can a global trading house that allows people to see where items are for sale across Tamriel and for how much so people can find what they need and at the lowest price possible.

And as long as it stays the way it is I'm ok with it. It's basically like the classified section of a newspaper.

We don't need a centralized global AH. At most we just need some UI improvements. We've gone over this a thousand times already. AH ain't happening and that is a very good thing.

Its not happening because a minority that is taking advantage of the current system is on the forums brigading any negative thread about Guild Traders.

Meanwhile on PS4 just earlier this week you could find Breton Wrought Iron Chandiliers for 12,999 Gold. As of today only one person, spanning 4-5 Guild Traders is selling them and they have hiked the price up to 110k Gold.

But.....yeah only in an Auction House can someone corner the market and price gouge.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For sake of clarity I'm going to bullet list what bothers me. While I did rhetorically state that I understand why people would want a centralized guild store system, I only said that as a point to say if ZoS can't make these individual stores functional I'd rather they streamline it and be done with it.

I agree with you that they need to sit down and finish what they started. It does not take 5 minutes for me (more like 5 seconds), so I don't see any performance issues on PC. That said, they still need to pay attention to what they release and take the time to sit down and finish what they start. In a timely manner.

I quoted the above because I am fairly sure that a global store would be anything but streamlined. Figure a couple million items in the store inventory, with thousands of players adding and removing items from that list constantly. What you see on your screen would be almost certainly out of date as soon as it was put there. Searching and categorized displays would take a long time to resolve and load, and again, would be out of date instantly. I would expect nothing but frustration. It would not be better than what we have today. It would just be "global".

[removed unnecessary paragraph]

ZOS needs to finish what they start. Guild stores, guild banks, and mail system all need a QoL update. That is just the start of the list. I am desperately hoping that when Matt Firor said that the 1Q18 DLC was going to be an "update full of quality-of-life improvements and additions" that he meant a lot more than just transmutation and housing storage.
    Edited by Elsonso on December 31, 2017 12:49AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For sake of clarity I'm going to bullet list what bothers me. While I did rhetorically state that I understand why people would want a centralized guild store system, I only said that as a point to say if ZoS can't make these individual stores functional I'd rather they streamline it and be done with it.

I agree with you that they need to sit down and finish what they started. It does not take 5 minutes for me (more like 5 seconds), so I don't see any performance issues on PC. That said, they still need to pay attention to what they release and take the time to sit down and finish what they start. In a timely manner.

I quoted the above because I am fairly sure that a global store would be anything but streamlined. Figure a couple million items in the store inventory, with thousands of players adding and removing items from that list constantly. What you see on your screen would be almost certainly out of date as soon as it was put there. Searching and categorized displays would take a long time to resolve and load, and again, would be out of date instantly. I would expect nothing but frustration. It would not be better than what we have today. It would just be "global".

ZOS needs to finish what they start. Guild stores, guild banks, and mail system all need a QoL update. That is just the start of the list. I am desperately hoping that when Matt Firor said that the 1Q18 DLC was going to be an "update full of quality-of-life improvements and additions" that he meant a lot more than just transmutation and housing storage.

I think you understand my sentiment. I'm not hoping for some pie in the sky changes that will be too costly for ZoS to fix but I am finding enjoyment being diminished when the game runs like this. It doesn't happen all the time but it certainly happens enough to be a serious detriment. The sluggishness is always there but when I originally posted this thread it was because I couldn't hold in the frustration any more. I needed to say something in the hopes that other players could state their concerns and maybe give something for the developers to look at.
    <And plenty more>
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a false argument. The current system already has bots and a controlled market.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Matt has been known to say things that have never come to pass. A few years ago he promised Guild QoL and it never came.
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    -
    Edited by DoctorESO on May 15, 2018 12:53AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not happening because a minority that is taking advantage of the current system is on the forums brigading any negative thread about Guild Traders.

Meanwhile on PS4 just earlier this week you could find Breton Wrought Iron Chandiliers for 12,999 Gold. As of today only one person, spanning 4-5 Guild Traders is selling them and they have hiked the price up to 110k Gold.

But, but, but...according to the trading "gurus" on these forums, this can only happen with a global trading house. Have we encountered another dragon break? Or is this just a glitch in the matrix? Oh dear, I should've taken the BLUE pill.

It is a lot more work in the current system to accomplish that. With the global trading all one had to do was sit in the game running an addon that monitored the global store and be instantly informed of anyone trying to sell something like that Breton item. In some cases, the add-on would buy it for you and repost it at your price.

With the ESO system, a single player has to monitor 191 guild traders or a team of people (a guild) has to do it. Of course, not all guild traders are like the others, so not all of them need to be checked, but there are still quite a few.

So, in the global store, if that Breton item were to appear, within seconds it would be gone. Only people watching for that item at the time it was posted would even have a chance. By the time a human saw it and decided whether to buy it, it would be gone. Nay. The human would probably never see it at the original price. With ESO, there is a chance that someone can sell the Breton item to someone else before that person could come along and buy it so they can resell it at 110k.
    Edited by Elsonso on December 31, 2017 1:44AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

But, but, but...according to the trading "gurus" on these forums, this can only happen with a global trading house. Have we encountered another dragon break? Or is this just a glitch in the matrix? Oh dear, I should've taken the BLUE pill.

It is a lot more work in the current system to accomplish that. With the global trading all one had to do was sit in the game running an addon that monitored the global store and be instantly informed of anyone trying to sell something like that Breton item. In some cases, the add-on would buy it for you and repost it at your price.

With the ESO system, a single player has to monitor 191 guild traders or a team of people (a guild) has to do it. Of course, not all guild traders are like the others, so not all of them need to be checked, but there are still quite a few.

So, in the global store, if that Breton item were to appear, within seconds it would be gone. Only people watching for that item at the time it was posted would even have a chance. By the time a human saw it and decided whether to buy it, it would be gone. Nay. The human would probably never see it at the original price. With ESO, there is a chance that someone can sell the Breton item to someone else before that person could come along and buy it so they can resell it at 110k.

So because it took a little longer that means its okay?
    One of the biggest arguments against the AH is the idea that the market can be cornered. And here is an example of it happening here. And the response is, well it would happen a lot faster in an AH!?
    Edited by Korah_Eaglecry on December 31, 2017 3:26AM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No its more like an sort of price barometer web page. It only list prices offered so you get some under priced stuff from players don't knowing the value and lots of overpriced one, the under priced one is gone then you visit the store.

The real issue with an action house in ESO is the race to the bottom.
    Compare ESO to WOW, ESO has just 6 servers note hundred like in WOW. Now WOW has more players but not very many times say 3-5. Now you also get lots of loot in ESO compared to wow.

You have limited slots in an auction system say 30-50 so you need to move items as fast as they come in, easiest way to do this is to price your item 1 gold cheaper than the cheapest in list, all the 1000 other trying to sell the item does the same :)
    Note that you have to sell item to free up slots. In short you get an race to the bottom everything except very rare stuff there the demand is larger than the supply, here you can also afford to sit on the item for some time.

Edited by zaria on December 31, 2017 3:41AM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I have and like you said all it does is tell you where something might be and what price you might expect to pay. You still have to visit each guild trader. An auction house you could purchase everything from one central location. There is a much better add-on for helping a person find what they need when visiting a trader. It lets you search for items so you don't need to sift through several pages of stuff you have no interest in. That is all we really need, an intuitive search we can use within the traders menu to see what that specific trader has.
    Edited by kargen27 on December 31, 2017 4:14AM
  • One_ofMany
    One_ofMany
    ✭✭✭
    It's awful!!
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To be or not to be
  • One_ofMany
    One_ofMany
    ✭✭✭
    We need a Cental broker with way better search options. We can reserve/pay for the item then go to the Guild Vender to pick it up.

The bank sucks. Needs more tabs. Sort by type, sort by slot, sort by set etc..
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One_ofMany wrote: »
    We need a Cental broker with way better search options. We can reserve/pay for the item then go to the Guild Vender to pick it up.

The bank sucks. Needs more tabs. Sort by type, sort by slot, sort by set etc..

The last thing we need is a central broker. Okay, maybe not the last, more lag would probably be last but central broker is near last.

With a central broker three people could manipulate prices on any rare item they wished. Do you not realize how easy (as example) it would be to monopolize items like perfect roe just by sitting on the central broker and... well you know the rest.
  • Bbsample197
    Bbsample197
    ✭✭✭✭
    what do you mean by it takes 10 mins to load the guild store? it only took me seconds to load every items on each stall, even on my potato rig, it can still load wayy faster and it wouldnt take even a min or two.