The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ZOS: The Guild Store / Bank System is Terrible and needs Reconsideration

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    People use TTC because they want to know exactly where the item they want is for the cheapest price, then to match/ undercut/ buy. That’s why I use it. And it’s exactly the same behaviour as a global trader with search functionality. Unless you can provide a logical counter-explanation for TTC’s prevalence and uses, I’m not sure what your argument is.

This is my main objection to the Global Store, and to TTC. Thankfully, with TTC, the results are delayed.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome Guild Store and Advanced Filters functionality should be built into the game UI.

This, and additional filters, such as level, Weapon Damage, Quality, Bound/Unbound, Usable (able to be equipped at your level) should not require the use of an add on.
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on February 6, 2018 12:18PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome Guild Store and Advanced Filters functionality should be built into the game UI.

Even if these features did not make the initial cut, they should have been added to the game two years ago.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe this 3rd party, open source ESO auction house will become widespread. Problem solved at the root.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It should not require a community made add-on to have a better organized inventory system.
    Edited by Iccotak on February 6, 2018 1:17PM
  • Jedi1josh
    Jedi1josh
    ✭✭
    Possible Solution: Global store but limit the amount of like items a person can purchase to prevent cornering the market.

Items like weapons or gear you can only buy one of that exact item's name per day

Ingredients and bait can be limited to 200 or 300 per day

To be honest I just want a search function. I've been trying to complete a gear set for several weeks. Since the items I need are not unique items there is no specific delve or boss I can try to farm from, my only hope is to run around Reapers March hoping to get a lucky drop, which is tedious, or go from guild store to guild store, which is also tedious.

If I can search the exact item I need, and the search result said "a guild trader in Wrothgar has this item" then I have to travel to Wrothgar to get it, I'd wouldn't mind having to do that.

BTW there is no add one for consoles so that doesn't work for us. Also the website TTC always turns up zero results no matter what I search.

• knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    i havent used the addons what some have pointed out , would say if you played eve online then you have thier type of system we have just player lists a item and the price he wants for it , so call it a sell order

if we have a buy order then a player can list what he wants and the price he wants to pay for it , and include a tax for listing it could be a gold sink since some have millions to spare and no refunds if the order is not taken up .

• Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    One_ofMany wrote: »
    We need a Cental broker with way better search options. We can reserve/pay for the item then go to the Guild Vender to pick it up.

The bank sucks. Needs more tabs. Sort by type, sort by slot, sort by set etc..

The last thing we need is a central broker. Okay, maybe not the last, more lag would probably be last but central broker is near last.

With a central broker three people could manipulate prices on any rare item they wished. Do you not realize how easy (as example) it would be to monopolize items like perfect roe just by sitting on the central broker and... well you know the rest.

That isn’t all how markets work. The congruity between all stores would, if anything, standardize pricing on the most desired items. A market thrives with competition, and while people will inevitably try and undercut each other, ultimately it’ll reach homeostasis where buying/selling becomes less a chore and time-sink, and a more user-friendly side-aspect of a game that’s meant to be PLAYED. High-end trading guilds have the markets cornered in the major cities; how great would it be to see equanimity amongst the crowd, and removing the necessity to pay millions of gold to....hmm...well to no one for the opportunity to have a stall.

Then the question becomes...what do guilds do with all that money now? Well, players can stop paying “weekly dues,” which isn another absurd aspect of a video game.

TL DR - We need a centralized auction house and search function. Less time sunk into an archaic encumberance, and more time playing the game. And if you consider spending hours at guild traders “playing,” then I actually can’t fathom what you find even emhoyable so it’s a moot point.

So because some people enjoy different things, their opinion doesn't matter? One of my favorite parts of this game is buying and selling, keeping a spreadsheet of all my trades, playing the market. My opinion is moot because it doesn't match yours?
  • DigitalRenegade
    Honestly this is needed so damn badly. I remember needing to deal with this ass backward system made me cancel my sub and stop playing a couple of times. Everyone is getting punished so guilds can flex their epeens.
    Edited by DigitalRenegade on March 15, 2018 11:50PM
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild store is fine the way it currently is. The only thing that is needed is a UI overhaul. ZOS should get with the addon developers for Awesome Guild Store and make that part of the default game UI.
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild store is fine the way it currently is.

You're a PC player, I take it. What about us on console?

Also, it's absolutely not fine the way it is. Master writs have no category IIRC, motifs/blueprints/recipes can't be filtered by what you already know, and there is no ability at all to search for items belonging to a gear set.
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where should I vote for something of mentioned here to happen?
    Rawr