Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Many people againts Necro with the excuse of Lore and mah immersion... so..

Zordrage
Zordrage
✭✭✭✭✭
Where the hell Dragon Knights as a class came from into the game.......
Where those abilities came from to begin with.....because i don't remember to even SEE most of those so called DK abilities in other elderscrolls games...

Someone enlighten me....did i missed some lore about it... ? or we can just Stop this Whole no necro because immersion and Lore nonsense ?

because right now as i see it a Necro class would make way more sense then the Entire Dragon Knight class....
Edited by Zordrage on December 30, 2017 2:39PM
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragons are cool
    Dead bodies are disgusting

That's why :p
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Necro is very lore-friendly. I think there are some in-game books explaining the class abilities of DKs, Nightblades, etc, but yes, for the most part they exist because of the MMO genre typically using flashy spells and ZOS's original dev team and leadership wanting to make DAoC2 rather than an Elder Scrolls game.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akavari arts makes dragonknight possible. If necromancers became a thing there needs to be unique dialogue like "don't use that foul magic around my students" for mages guild.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    From UESP

The Dragon Knights (or Dragonknights) were followers of a new martial tradition that emerged during the Interregnum of the Second Era, originating from the dispersed Akaviri Dragonguard. Their abilities were said to descend from the powers of dragons, although none had been seen in Tamriel for thousands of years at that time. They were particularly skilled at manipulating fire, and could wreathe themselves in it completely without being harmed.

That's how DKs are lore friendly.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • WatchYourSixx
    WatchYourSixx
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be fair... Anything can be lore friendly if they write a book about it :p
    Edited by WatchYourSixx on December 30, 2017 2:54PM
    The only thing to fear is, fear itself. - FDR

CP 800
    PC NA

- Maximus the Marksman (AD) Temp
    - Rex the Unstoppable Force (DC) DK
    - Sodor Dragonfire (DC) DK
    - Masha'Dar Shadow-Paw (DC) NB
    - Magnus the Mage (DC) Sorc
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From UESP

The Dragon Knights (or Dragonknights) were followers of a new martial tradition that emerged during the Interregnum of the Second Era, originating from the dispersed Akaviri Dragonguard. Their abilities were said to descend from the powers of dragons, although none had been seen in Tamriel for thousands of years at that time. They were particularly skilled at manipulating fire, and could wreathe themselves in it completely without being harmed.

that lore came with ESO right ? to Validate the class somehow..... but wasnt there anywhere else in the actual ES lore right ?

if we think like this every single Lore issue people have and story immersion is INVALID because the devs can just Write another something like this and say NOW its lore friendly
    Edited by Zordrage on December 30, 2017 2:56PM
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair... Anything can be lore friendly if they write a book about it :p

thats my Point of this whole thread thank you...... they could add Fairies with Miniguns and rockets as a class and they could make it "Lore Friendly" by writing a short lore about it 5 minutes before release lol
    i just don't understand this whole necro hate because of Lore lol haters gonna hate..
    Edited by Zordrage on December 30, 2017 2:59PM
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO isn't that of an immersive game. And neither ESO is completely faithful to the lore.
    None of these reasons justify why Necromancer class should not be a thing in ESO.
    There are 100 other reasons I can list you which justify that but you already know as u argued with everyone who oppose a new class.Take what u learnt from them and educate yourself :P

Necromancer class is not happening in the next 2 or 3 years as it does not make sense businesswise so U can now stop with new class nonsense ;)
    You have been waiting for it since launch and u will wait for it for years to come and most probably forever..
    Edited by RupzSkooma on December 30, 2017 3:13PM
    Elder Kings II is a Role Playing Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings III.
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO isn't that of an immersive game. And neither ESO is completely faithful to the lore.
    None of these reasons justify why Necromancer class should not be a thing in ESO.
    There are 100 other reasons I can list you which justify that but you already know as u argued with everyone who oppose a new class.Take what u learnt from them and educate yourself :P

Necromancer class is not happening in the next 2 or 3 years so U can now stop with new class nonsense ;)
    You have been waiting for it since launch and u will wait for it for years to come and most probably forever..

Dream on it.... :p

and non of those reasons people tried to make made sense
    that reeeeeeealy few that had made sense have super easy work arounds that don't break anything...
    Also Dragon knight.............
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no solution for the fact that most people don't want a new class.
    That is why this forum and ESO subreddit and discord is filled with new Skill line ideas.
    You have to buy Zenimax with ES IP to make this happen lol
    Edited by RupzSkooma on December 30, 2017 3:17PM
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would a necromancer be against the lore, the entire main story is about necromancers. The magic behind necromancy while classed as an evil act so is daedric summoning something many mages and entire mages guild chapters are against but we have a full class around it.
    I think they would worry about a neco class because it would be very similar to the sorcerer class. It would most likely apply (disease and poison) dots, summon creatures (be them raised from the dead around you or summoned dead) and have some sort of shield or leech ability.
    I would love one anyway just because I like rping in single player TES games as a vampire necromancer or dark mage.
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Necromancer class is not happening in the next 2 or 3 years as it does not make sense businesswise so U can now stop with new class nonsense ;)

Faithful to the lore. Christ, Skyrim managed to bastardize more of the TES lore than anything ESO has thrown up. In fact, Bethesda themselves are the worst when it comes to keeping their own TES lore in check. I get there are niggles contained within ESO, but it's no woese than what we've witnessed on TES games proper.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I thought necromancy wasn't always forbidden/hated by the Mages Guild.
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zordrage wrote: »

Necromancer class is not happening in the next 2 or 3 years so U can now stop with new class nonsense ;)

Dream on it.... :p

and non of those reasons people tried to make made sense
    that reeeeeeealy few that had made sense have super easy work arounds that don't break anything...
    Also Dragon knight.............

Faithful to the lore. Christ, Skyrim managed to bastardize more of the TES lore than anything ESO has thrown up. In fact, Bethesda themselves are the worst when it comes to keeping their own TES lore in check. I get there are niggles contained within ESO, but it's no woese than what we've witnessed on TES games proper.

True. None of the ES games are tbh.
    Gameplay comes before lore and even though I love ES lore.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In fact, people who complain about ESO's take on lore should have a look at all the TES games that came before Oblivion and see the mess Bethesda made of Cyrodiil . It bears little or no resemblance to what we had read prior to Oblivion's release.
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    In fact, people who complain about ESO's take on lore should have a look at all the TES games that came before Oblivion and see the mess Bethesda made of Cyrodiil . It bears little or no resemblance to what we had read prior to Oblivion's release.

True.
    Trust me when I tell you this but the intention of this thread has little to with the actual title :P
    Other than the necromancy part.
    He just want people to want Necromancy class as soon as possible lol
    Edited by RupzSkooma on December 30, 2017 3:26PM
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I remember Skyrim being described as having wild tribes, massive glaciers and so on. What did we get? We got Maven Black-Briar and the likes.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted this in the Death Knight thread, but it seems to fit here better...
    So...

Never understood the "we can't be necromancers because they are bad guys" and "They serve Molag Bal" arguments when we have playable vampires.
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Necromancy

Namely, this line here...

"Molag Bal is also the father of vampires, undead creatures who often practice and have a heightened affinity for necromancy, or work alongside necromancers.Vampirism is often understood to be a form of necromancy."

So, you could argue there is already a playable form of necromancy. It's not lore breaking to get them as a class, since we already have vampires. Not to name some quests that let you manipulate NPC choices or outright kill some. You don't necessarily have to choose to play as a "good guy" even without being a vampire.
    Get out of here with that "lore breaking...bad guy stuff". How many times did you take a dialogue choice that ended up killing a NPC? And even if you didn't, you still had a choice to do so. Meaning, the game gives you the choice to be a "bad guy" already. Having a necromancer class isn't that big of a stretch.

This is also in lore...

"The debate over necromancy has been raging in magical circles for centuries. Advocates of the Dark Practice decry its censorship, lamenting the sacrifice of knowledge at the altar of public opinion. One argument they've been known to give is that attaining a proper and ethical understanding of necromancy is vital to best combat the menaces who have given the practice such an infamous reputation."

This is the lore "in" for playable necromancy right here....

So, again, it's not lore breaking. It fits into lore quite nicely. Just because there's one cult (It's called "The Worm Cult"...it doesn't represent all necromancers...)doesn't mean there isn't other necromancers out there willing to fight fire with fire, so to speak.

If you're going to point to the uesp for dragonknights to fit into lore and say this one doesn't fit, you sir/ ma'am are full of $#!+.....
    Edited by Kel on December 30, 2017 3:36PM
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By necro do you mean necromancer class? Everybs8ngle elder scrolls game has necromancer npcs..it's completely lore friendly.

Actually even there are spells to summon zombies and skeletons etc. In elderscroll games..also any spell that sucks health or Magicka from an enemy to give to yourself is considered necromancy do basically..necromancy is lore.

Edited by monktoasty on December 30, 2017 3:41PM
  • Kiara
    Kiara
    ✭✭✭

I wholeheartedly disagree. ESO has way more plot holes and lore inconsistence than any TES game ever had in my opinion :)

Also, I'd love to see necromancer class ^.^
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kiara wrote: »

I wholeheartedly disagree. ESO has way more plot holes and lore inconsistence than any TES game ever had in my opinion :)

Also, I'd love to see necromancer class ^.^

i gonna Hug you now.....
    Edited by Zordrage on December 30, 2017 3:50PM
  • Kiara
    Kiara
    ✭✭✭
    Hugs are always good! :)
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭

Dammit he won the fight...all becoz of u haha
    Changing my signature to no new class.
    FIGHT IZ NOT OVER
    Edited by RupzSkooma on December 30, 2017 3:54PM
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think everyone should be aware if they aren't already, that TES/Bethesda aren't like Tolkien/Middle Earth or whatever. No one wrote masses of TES lore books (not books written by people inside the world) as Tolkien did for his fantasy world. So, the TES world and its lore are essentially always a work in progress until one of the creators decides to do something like Tolkien which probably won't happen.

Anyway I don't think necromancy skills would be any more particularly evil than the NB blood magic/essence sapping skills for instance. I guess it depends on how skills are used and not always on what skills are.
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bethsada owns the world..anything they do becomes lore.....the only thing they can do wrong is contradict their own lore..but if they do it in a manner that is logical than that now becomes lore because they are the originators of the content.
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From UESP

that lore came with ESO right ? to Validate the class somehow..... but wasnt there anywhere else in the actual ES lore right ?

if we think like this every single Lore issue people have and story immersion is INVALID because the devs can just Write another something like this and say NOW its lore friendly

Yes, that's how it works.
    ZOS could make ESO2 with compeletely new storylines and all new quests. That's how playable necros would become valid.
    In current ESO necros are invalid.

I wonder why you still can't see that.
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • Kiara
    Kiara
    ✭✭✭

Dammit he won the fight...all becoz of u haha
    Changing my signature to no new class.
    FIGHT IZ NOT OVER
    "You may won this fight, but the war isn't over yet" kind of thing? It looks we got our villain :smiley:
    Apart from this, I know tes lore is kind of w.i.p. bit it doesn't explain messing with it so hard as ESO did, although I realize making such huge world is very hard to make consistent. Lore-wise necromancer class is way more lore-friendly than DK simpy because it has a lot more book and in-game sources already, and DK has merely one or two books stating about it...
    Edited by Kiara on December 30, 2017 4:04PM
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eremith wrote: »
    From UESP

ZOS could make ESO2 with compeletely new storylines and all new quests. That's how playable necros would become valid.

They are not invalid because they exist already. A simple dlc could easily explain their emergence.
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eremith wrote: »
    From UESP

no they are not... there are ALLREADY friendly necro NPCs in the game in quests... soooo WHAT ? its allready there.... there is NOTHING in the game that makes a Necro class invalid in its current state...
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    True Necros are not all bad.
    Mannimarco does not represent all of US.
    Ps: no new class plz ;_:
    Edited by RupzSkooma on December 30, 2017 4:14PM