Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why you should NOT buy multiple houses ( smh disappointed

Ihatenightblades
Ihatenightblades
✭✭✭✭✭
Before i start i want to say i love this game and ALMOST everything about it. I thought i loved housing until i bought my second house.

I have the topal hideaway and the new house in wrothgar now.

At my old house i have every mundus stone and every target centerion dummy in crown store which im very proud of so i bought them with hard earned money which each go for 3500 crowns. Price is kind of high but hey its a luxury not a need and it's awesome to have.

Now after spending soo much money on my old house buying all the mundus stones banker merchant and all that i figured if I bought a new house those things would atleast be ACCOUNT WIDE.

Do you really not see how wrong that is zos? Do the math please and ask yourself should we really make our customers that want to spend extra to have another house HAVE to buy crown items they already payed for that COST A FORTUNE?!?

3500 x 9 = rip my wallet.

I know im being extra wanting my mundus stones at both houses but is that really alot to ask for considering i spent 19k crowns on topal hideaway 16k on new house over 30k crowns on mundus stones, but no its TOOOOO MUCH to make them account wide smh.

Plus its a crown item exclusive it SHOULD be account wide its not like i can take it to random people's houses and share it around. Its literally bound.

Kinda sad they didnt think this out or they did and they really gave us a slap in face.

Edited by Ihatenightblades on December 26, 2017 8:23PM
  • boggo
    boggo
    ✭✭✭
    It actually IS account wide, but not available in more than one house at a time. I never expected housing items to be placeable multiple times in different houses, I can see however where you‘re coming from. I don‘t think that practice will change because if all your housing items were placeable multiple times you‘d have to garher them all just once and then‘d be set for the rest of all time.
  • Riddari
    Riddari
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like if you buy something in the crown store it should have infinite supply. Not just 1 per purchase. Honestly that's the main reason I haven't done anything with housing. It's way too huge of a money/time/gold sink with little reward.

I usually love these types of features but ZOS made housing pretty hard to get into without a lot of money or gold
  • Eddyble
    Eddyble
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I'm understanding right. Are you asking for a crown store purchased furnishing piece to be "account wide"? as in if one where to buy 1 piece/item but it can place it an unlimited # of homes?
    Edited by Eddyble on December 26, 2017 9:12PM
    Eddyb1e - Xbox One - NA
    Eddyble - PC - NA
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    boggo wrote: »
    It actually IS account wide, but not available in more than one house at a time. I never expected housing items to be placeable multiple times in different houses, I can see however where you‘re coming from. I don‘t think that practice will change because if all your housing items were placeable multiple times you‘d have to garher them all just once and then‘d be set for the rest of all time.

I didnt say all items but ones that cost 3500 each and have multiples of?? What you expect people to do if they want mundus stones at both of the houses they PAYED FOR. Its sad logic here by zos. This isnt chump change we talkin about this is hundreds of dollars that I would need to drop again just to pay for what I ALREADY PAYED FOR..

Mundus stones, banker, merchant and target dummies should all be free to be placed at multiple houses as long as you bought em already.
  • boggo
    boggo
    ✭✭✭

I didnt say all items but ones that cost 3500 each and have multiples of?? What you expect people to do if they want mundus stones at both of the houses they PAYED FOR. Its sad logic here by zos. This isnt chump change we talkin about this is hundreds of dollars that I would need to drop again just to pay for what I ALREADY PAYED FOR..

Mundus stones, banker, merchant and target dummies should all be free to be placed at multiple houses as long as you bought em already.

Yes I see, that this is a problem. I never came upon that problem because I personally never wanted to recycle items in other houses. I‘ve got a house for crafting, one for leisure etc.

Filling up all my houses with the same items would make them all feel the same.

But I see, that in your case a multiplacement of some sort would be nice, even when only for crown store items.

btw: which item did cost you 3.5k crowns?
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would never have assumed that Mundus Stones could be placed more than once without being bought more than once. But, then again, I would never have paid what they charge for Mundus Stones, so it's never really come up for me.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajiit holds up his paw, for he is confused

This one has many fine houses, each tuned to his moods and yet this thing you ask puzzles...

Why buy Mundus Stones...when you can walk to them...?

:/
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I burned myself in another game, just beat me once. i learned the lession.

This is the nonsense of nonsense. That is why I will not spend crowns on such meaningless cunning rogues. I never bought a house for crown, and I never will or items into houses. I want to earn and play for it, and not pay for it and play if for 0 minute.

Because of these solutions ESO is not better than other third class MMO. Yes ESO is better than other but in Crown Store maybe worse than others. An AAA MMO no need dirty money making solutions. that is mean ESO is not an AAA MMO? ;)

When the introduced first time the craft style motifs for crown, I thank it is account-wide, you pay for one, but no LOL.

They are shameless.

Yes I know, they need money, but make money in such a way that it should hurt nobody.

if they are already earning income such a third class way, then these nonsense meaningless crown store items would be account-wide.
  • Illumisar
    Illumisar
    ✭✭✭
    I bought a big screen TV at Best Buy and set it up in my house. Now I have a beach condo and think that Best Buy should give me another TV to take there. And why not??? I SPENT ALL THAT MONEY FOR A TV AND IT'S A SLAP IN THE FACE THAT I HAVE TO SPEND ALL THAT $$$ AGAIN FOR SOMETHING I ALREADY BOUGHT!!!

SLAP!
    IN!
    THE!
    FACE!!!

Anyone else see the problem here?
  • Eddyble
    Eddyble
    ✭✭✭✭
    Illumisar wrote: »
    I bought a big screen TV at Best Buy and set it up in my house. Now I have a beach condo and think that Best Buy should give me another TV to take there. And why not??? I SPENT ALL THAT MONEY FOR A TV AND IT'S A SLAP IN THE FACE THAT I HAVE TO SPEND ALL THAT $$$ AGAIN FOR SOMETHING I ALREADY BOUGHT!!!

SLAP!
    IN!
    THE!
    FACE!!!

Not enough slaps?
    Eddyb1e - Xbox One - NA
    Eddyble - PC - NA
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They could easily solve this by moving the crown store purchased items into the same section as the Vvardenfel model, and the clockwork dealy. You can place those in every home you own, so why not these? Trying to compare it to rl scenarios with buying electronics made me laugh this morning though.
    love is love
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why, may I ask, do you want all the Mundus stones at two houses? I can see having them at one, because I do; they're all next to my target skeleton so I can run quick DPS tests (Apprentice v. Lover v. Mage). But they take up a ton of room, and quite honestly, they're rather ugly. Of course, that house is a dedicated training/testing ground, so aesthetics aren't important there.

Target skeletons are less of an issue because they're smaller and can be purchased with in-game gold.

And to be clear, I'm asking in good faith because you may have a very valid reason that I haven't thought of.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

SLAP!
    IN!
    THE!
    FACE!!!

A TV is a virtual good? I learn something new every day.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They could easily solve this by moving the crown store purchased items into the same section as the Vvardenfel model, and the clockwork dealy. You can place those in every home you own, so why not these? Trying to compare it to rl scenarios with buying electronics made me laugh this morning though.

Because how would ZOS continue to make money? I mean, you felt the need to spend 4k crowns x 12, why not again!

And now we could diverge into how ridiculously overpriced the crown store is (horse armor got blown out of the aurbis ages ago)...

I did want a few mundus stones for home when I was wearing TBS and needed to change the second stone. But $40 for each? No. Maybe 5, but not 40. I'd also love a full set of Clockwork crafting stations, $30 for 6 sounds reasonable. $30 each? I will only be buying 1 every time my sub renews.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because theres such a thing as a primary residence. The house that not only you use but others see too when they travel to you, if you let them.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merchant and Banker are both collectibles and thus can be placed in multiple houses.

Mundus Stones are inventory items.

It would be a simple matter of converting Mundus stones into collectibles instead of inventory items.

It's possible that it just never occurred to them to do it like that. This is the first I've heard anyone wanting to place those monstrosities in more than one home.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think for the cost, they should work the same as the assistants work in regards to housing(can put them in every home owned). But I wouldn't have expected them to work that way unless someone had told me they did.

I also think for the cost, crown bought homes should have the sub limit even if you aren't a sub. But they don't.

It is what it is. These are not necessities, we can choose not to buy them if they don't match our version of price to value.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Furnishings should indeed be put into a craft bag style storage. The way it is atm is just horrid.
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I see, that this is a problem. I never came upon that problem because I personally never wanted to recycle items in other houses. I‘ve got a house for crafting, one for leisure etc.

Filling up all my houses with the same items would make them all feel the same.

But I see, that in your case a multiplacement of some sort would be nice, even when only for crown store items.

btw: which item did cost you 3.5k crowns?

Nobody said they want the house to have same items lol i said MUNDUS STONES. Having mundus stones in both houses doesnt make you house feel "the same" it brings it to par with your other houses thats all.

• Denyiir
    Denyiir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still don't know why I shouldn't buy multiple houses...

What I do know is why no one should spend few hundred dollars on Mundus stones tho.

Also cool name, I'm a nightbalde.
    Edited by Denyiir on December 26, 2017 9:46PM
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    200$ on mundus stones...

How goes chasing the radiant apex mounts?
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭

SLAP!
    IN!
    THE!
    FACE!!!

You missed big on this analogy lol..
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But you are using the item... Sounds like buyer's remorse
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But you are using the item... Sounds like buyer's remorse

Yes im using the item i didnt say i dont use the item. And thanks for pointing out the obvious of course im having buyers remorse i bought a 16k crown house and cant even use the most valubale things i have in this game ( 30k crowns invested in mundus stones )

Its a slap in the face to people who want to spend extra but not rip their wallet.

Like seriously before i bought thus house i spent over 100k crowns in my time in eso. After this house another 30k spent after buying lights and stuff and some clockwork city stations etc.

Then i have to open my inventory to see that i have to pay for ALLLLLL my mundus stones again?? Whoever supports this must never have worked in their life or worked hard for something.

Im obviously gonna be ok its just a game and i wouldnt spend money on something i cant afford. But no way in hell am i buying another thing in the crown store after this. Never again
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off, I have the same pets, trophys, assistants and special furniture in as many houses as I want. There is clearly a system for this, everyone is okay with this departure from reality and comparisons to real life items are poor at best.

To the OP, that does suck. I think people saying you should be okay with it in one place are half right. I have access at a guild hall and find it to be sufficient. The other half is that there are long loading times. If the mundus stones were like trophies you could put one out, use it, put it away and go one with what you were doing without all the waiting. An item this expensive should have this option.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That...sounds like a weird misconception. Leaving the whole why you'd even want to blow that much money on something easily accessible ingame part aside, why'd you assume an inventory item can magically replicate itself to infinity? They'd lose SO much money if that were true for all the goods in Crown Store lol...imagine buying one fancy chair and furnishing whole house with these as opposed to buying 50 :D

You also won't get a motif for every character after buying one from the Crown Store. It's true for all the items you can actually place/see in your inventory. If you want more than one of them, you'll have to buy more than one of them, that makes sense(the price itself doesn't, but that's another story).
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off, I have the same pets, trophys, assistants and special furniture in as many houses as I want. There is clearly a system for this, everyone is okay with this departure from reality and comparisons to real life items are poor at best.

To the OP, that does suck. I think people saying you should be okay with it in one place are half right. I have access at a guild hall and find it to be sufficient. The other half is that there are long loading times. If the mundus stones were like trophies you could put one out, use it, put it away and go one with what you were doing without all the waiting. An item this expensive should have this option.

Thats the point you can ONLY get it in crown store and it cost 3500 crowns each !!

Zos is better than this man they really have to reevaluate this situation i know everybody is saying you can have 1 luxury house and 1 house with mundus blah blah.

Its like no its my house i wanna do what i want with it but no zos showed true colors on this one.

Smh 3500 for one mundus !!!!!!!!! WAKE UP ZOS
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    That...sounds like a weird misconception. Leaving the whole why you'd even want to blow that much money on something easily accessible ingame part aside, why'd you assume an inventory item can magically replicate itself to infinity? They'd lose SO much money if that were true for all the goods in Crown Store lol...imagine buying one fancy chair and furnishing whole house with these as opposed to buying 50 :D

You also won't get a motif for every character after buying one from the Crown Store. It's true for all the items you can actually place/see in your inventory. If you want more than one of them, you'll have to buy more than one of them, that makes sense(the price itself doesn't, but that's another story).

Your brain clearly doesnt get it. Chairs cost 0 you can craft them or buy them for literally 25 crowns.

Mundus stones cost 3500 each.

If you still dont get it just leave this thread lol
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos considers the Mundas Stones to be a convenience item, they have no motivation or real reason to change them.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos considers the Mundas Stones to be a convenience item, they have no motivation or real reason to change them.

Besides that paragraph i left originally lol.

It would be a reward to people who have spent a lot in game.

Lets think about the people who have my problem. Its people who have multiple houses and multiple expensive crown items mundus stones etc.

Why should they get punished for spending more than the average player?

It someone owns one house and they have all mundus stones thats great for them. Shows they support game and spend good money on it.

Now if i go and tell that person hey this is a nice house you should consider getting the new one. After a while you convince him he can do great things with his new house. But after you sauce em up a lil bit and get him excited you tell him but fyi you wont get to use these mundus stones at your new house.

You damn right he aint gonna buy it after you tell him that and i WISH i had somebody tell me this before i had bought it i would have never bought it.

Oh well i guess its my fault for having faith in this company