Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How Important, Is Using Zone Chat To Warn Keeps Being Attacked?

Serjustin19
Serjustin19
✭✭✭✭✭
First and for most, just wanted to apologize PvP community of what I done last week. I Intentionally got myself in trouble, won't happen again. I won't say what I did or done. The game hasn't really been fun for me honestly even more so with my depression and abandon issues towards AD in a sense. I finally realized why this is so. Mainly towards not seeing my Bio Birth Family in 12 yrs. Not allowed to, In which Holiday(s) are very terrible and very hard for me to go through. Which does also makes my depression very worse.

With that being said, It's why I still feel outcast and abandon towards AD. For some reason me thinking I'm an outcast and abandon, makes me think stuff in my head and reminds me of my past towards my Bio family and Foster Care. I am working towards this, it's not very easy. But hopefully with the Holiday(S) ending soon within 3 weeks or so. I'll be much better. I Notice now that AD are all not bad.

I just have to keep doing positive thinking. Just really not easy. However I did got little upset towards this one AD max CP tank, teabaging his fellow team mates yesterday. Whilst not reviving, it's not right and unfair, especially reminds me about what happened to me last time. Least This Tank didn't fake Revive and Teabag. But I'm alright, it's just he really needs training

PS_Messages_20171216_150405.jpg

With that being said, I also left my Guild. But my Guild hasn't been disband unless they so choose. One of my Friends got Guild leader, just unsure which one. I just feel, due to what I did. I shouldn't become one at this time. But I will not give up, just still not right time for me to Become and lead an awesome PvP/ Multi Alliance guild. So I'm in only 1 Guild as of now. I think I'll keep it that way. I also have learned there is an option for having No Zone Chat.

Just wish I knew sooner, would save me a lot of trouble. Hence why I am asking. Is Zone Chat really important for PvP? I'm starting feel better and having more fun. Except I lost 5 keeps due to me not warning. Due to me not using zone chat anymore. Yes I know it's my fault and my fault alone. But without Zone chat I'm learning to move on. Starting have more fun in PvP. It's just I'm not being fair for me not warning.

I will also say, I will not ask AD permission for me go back when I do. (I do believe I should 1 time warn on there side though. Just heads up.) I may or may not go back in next campaign reset to AD. It just depends if I'm ready or not. I was originally planning on going back. Just to help them only with balance but not for my alliance. Yes I was AD way longer, hence I still call AD my alliance, rather if others disagree with me.

From same side or not, I am me and me alone. I think other reds I'm currently serving Probably know this to. I must say, I'm very happy to see Cyrodiil way full again on all 3 sides. It's about time, good chance I'll probably stay EP. I might not. Depends on how AD is doing. I'm guessing they will be fine. So I appologise and meant no offense. But I am starting having really fun now, least when I have some time from Witch in Training (My new hobby that adopted me) So is PvP Zone Chat really important for me to use?

Even after I know 5 keeps where being attacked and lost. Due to me knowing and by myself? If Zone Chat is important then I'll just have to learn to accept what others think about me and do my best to ignore. But if Zone Chat is really not important for PvP zone chat to warn. I would like to keep Zone Chat off. Due to my reasons, as well as having more fun. So I don't mean to offend anyone and meant no offense. thanks.

@ZOS_RyanM I hope I am within the rules.
Edited by Serjustin19 on December 17, 2017 12:00AM
Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.

How Important, Is Using Zone Chat To Warn Keeps Being Attacked? 42 votes

Is PvP Zone Chat Important To Warn Keeps Being Attacked: YES
66%
moutonMadySheezabeastEmptysev3nCustos91KartalinLettigallpaulsimonpsReverbesotoonShadowMole25SnowZeniaKiaraOrpheausSRASinisterdotmeAddictionXFischblutDocFrost72Arthg 28 votes
Is PvP Zone Chat Not Important To Warn Keeps Being Attacked: NO
9%
starlizard70ub17_ESOMarabornwingrionDeep_01BloodBeast_ESO 4 votes
Other
7%
RDMyers65b14_ESOSerjustin19A_G_G_R_O 3 votes
Maybe
0%
Do What Makes You Feel Happy and Enjoy Game More
16%
GilvothLarianaGhettokidJierdaniteso_nyaswippyDivineFirstYOLO 7 votes
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is reported, I'd like a little more detail than. "FD UA" (Front Door Under Attack), or "Lots of enemies over there". They're trying to be helpful but it's completely useless crap in Zone chat if you're not specific enough. The more information, the more help it is. If a keep is flagged and someone in zone says it's under attack, when it was just a flagger, then that's a waste of my time. If an entire zerg is attacking a keep, and the numbers aren't mentioned then I'm in no hurry to go aid in defense.

Far more critical than actually telling zone something is ua, is to give accurate and detailed information.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What’s not helpful is when a keep is called out as under attack is really a handful of people taking a resource.

As @WhitePawPrints said above numbers are helpful, and location of attack (front door versus wall) is helpful as well. It helps determine whether we need to relocate our group of 14 or if smaller groups and pugs can handle it. Getting an eye on tabards if there’s a particular guild there is good too.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the primary reason I'll check on zone chat is to get a hint of where the action will be...

the holidays are a really stressful period of time for a whole lot of people...be aware...try to consciously do things which will help relieve or lessen stress (which is different for different people)...rest, relax as much as possible...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The signal to noise ratio is pretty high in PVP zone chat.

For new players, zone callouts are one of the only ways they can find where the battle is. The Cyrodiil map is large and confusing and new players don't know the map well enough to predict where the battles are going to happen or head to the regular hotspots. Same thing for players not using or not able to use addons like CyroHUD that tell you when the enemy is sieging a keep or flagging a resource.

In general, good callouts are specific. For keep defenses, the sooner the better. If you want me to go defend a back keep, I'd like to know before the enemy already has 17/20 siege on the FD and the keep is flagged. However, the usual stream of callouts is pretty effective at letting me track enemy movements since I keep half an eye on zone chat anyway. Bad callouts run the risk of being "the boy who cried wolf" so players making callouts should make sure they are building a reputation for accuracy.

But for the most part I think it depends on how reactive you want to play. If you are comfortable doing your own thing, being aggressive, and making your own fights without regard for what the rest of your faction is doing, then you can safely ignore zone chat. If your playstyle involves going to where fights are happening or trying to find large groups to fight and/or follow, you'll want to pay attention to zone chat. For example, when I run solo, I still focus on objectives like keeps and resources, so I'll often pay attention to callouts asking for help defending, retaking resources, or calls to go siege a keep so that I can get in position alongside or before the groups arrive. When I run with a small group or a raid, we are doing our own thing, so I pay less attention to zone chat except as a way to track our faction and enemy group movements.
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Gotta love deck peekers ruining my farms calling the zergs to our guilds location to Zerg down the good fights... I guess sometimes they inform us where the fights are at as well so there’s is that.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is PvP Zone Chat Not Important To Warn Keeps Being Attacked: NO
    I voted no because it really depends on who's doing the call out. There's only a few people I trust, most players are inexperienced and get the information wrong or there are a few who work for "the other sides" and are trying to mislead you.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    HI all many good points and thanks. I choose other because as a PvPer mostly. I believe I should use zone chat. (Yes) at same time no (because zone chat has mostly gotten me in trouble, by all the rage and Hate towards me of what being said in zone. I did my best to ignore for 1+yr but I blown up like a flaming Volcano,(posts) no offense. I'm not a fighter, don't know how to defend myself in sense. But Cyber Bullying, mostly PvP. It's very terrible in game Zone. I also do really care deeply what other think about me. I just need to learn to care what I think about myself. Hence why I don’t want to use zone chat) Do what makes me feel happy an enjoy game more.

Again I don't want use chat, I'm starting be more happy. Especially in PvP. At same time I know Zone Chat is highly very important. Again I care deeply what other people think about me. But same time PvP Zone Chat gotten me loads of trouble, due to me caring what others think about me. I'll just have to learn how to care more about me, myself and I. I am one and the same. I shouldn't let others let me down. I should be greatful and who I am. I shouldn't let Cyber Bullying let me down with negative people's.

So I want to share also from another forum community, not trying to cause trouble or anything. I understand not everyone has same interests as me. Nor do I wish that they are feel forced to read what I learned from a Spirit Keeper Community Forum (Since in a way I'm Witch in Training) at same time it does not pertain to PvP, but could pertain to PvP Zone Chat. I'll put in spoiler since no one is forced to read in not wish to.
    "In order for you to find a living Coven, before you do. You need to learn more and Understand more about yourself. Every one is Special in this world. Including you, don't let others let you down. You need to believe in yourself. But until you learn about yourself and understand and love your self. Then when the time is right and when your finally ready. The right People will come and search for you."

I don't know others like this, it's ok. But same time, I shouldn't let others let me down, because I let them. Especially in Cyrodiil zone chat. It's time for me to love myself and shouldn't care what others think about me. Sure there are many negative people in this game. But it's because I cared about there negatively views and thoughts towards me. I just wanted to please all, yet it has gotten me more in trouble. I just need to learn more about myself and stand up for myself especially in zone. But I don’t like to confront nor wish to fight others in zone. Especially if to defend myself. It's why I choosen all 3 options for PvP zone chat. Thanks everyone for your views on this matter.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    HI all, just want to make things clear. Even though I used to just say Door UA, I usually say this. But when many comes, I just say many and hope reinforcements will come. It's just with my lag and my slow typing. The chat box does take sometime to go up even when keep being UA. I do understand majority want more info. Especially with guild tabard, which I haven't thought of before. Good idea honestly. But writing to much info due to my lag and chat box takes awhile to come up. I'm forced to write door UA, but if it's many. I will write many, but not how much. I rely on others due to my chat and slow typing. To use there best judgment Whilst I try to defend keep by self. I know it's not best way, I'm usually solo anyways. So unable warn group if I was in one than I will. I know EMP keeps are more important. But most of time when. Only say UA, it usually means 2-3. Do my best to easily defend until reinforcements come. But many is 3-100.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ales UA mine side 5 siege 12 EP outer 70.

^ That is as good as an addon, if not better.

ALES UA LOTS HELP DEFEND

^ is seen as useless garbage that will be ignored.

If you call UA before burst, it should only be because leaving is sure suicide. If it is one dude and the wall is 80% try killing him. If you fail, call it in zone as flagger and just keep bum rushing him. The wall isn't coming down if he keeps fighting you, and eventually you'll kill them or the siege will stop and a friend can repair.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on December 17, 2017 11:49PM
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I'll see what I can do, seems more info is really important. Even with my lag and chat box comes up slowly. Plus my slow typing. I could try use my Xperia Z4 Bluetooth keyboard to connect on PS4. But I slow typing due to me always need to look at keys (keyboard/controller) The attackers most likely go through the door and to late for reinforcements. I wonder, voice chat could work though. Just hopefully I'm not alone nor in. PVP guild. Well technically I am in PvP Guild, my friend guild, but mostly AD. It’s trading guild store to. I just don't sell or buy things. Since I'm on EP currently won't work. But I'll try to give more info when I use zone. But if it turns out I'm loosing more keeps by writing more info. I'll revert back to my old ways. But if only one is attacking door. It's just well, S/He so very OP;due to being EMP.
  • Hempyre
    Hempyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, super important.

List all relevant info pls, not just " ales ua".

Ales ua, fd 10+ ep, or ales ua farm side full raid ad.

Location and numbers are important.

And always set camps. No camp, no win.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk.. people seem to want the world....

TIME is important. if you're inside the keep of an unflagged castle behind the front lines and hear siege - call it immediately - while people can still port. If you wait to get accurate intel (ie go outside, up on the outer wall and run around it trying to find the attackers to count them), you run the very real risk of it flagging before you call it - which means that nobody can port..

By all means add additional info after - but get the message out first.

When you see a huge zerg heading to a keep, 'Massive inc to X' IS enough. I ain't gonna hang around to count them all one-by-one.. Its enough to know that it isn't a small-grp - and again - the more warning the better. I'm gonna be typing the shortest useful message I can then getting away (or tracking them - usually a bit of both). Can't do that while dead.

But yeah, its usually pointless calling resources unless about to be cut.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    idk.. people seem to want the world....

TIME is important. if you're inside the keep of an unflagged castle behind the front lines and hear siege - call it immediately - while people can still port. If you wait to get accurate intel (ie go outside, up on the outer wall and run around it trying to find the attackers to count them), you run the very real risk of it flagging before you call it - which means that nobody can port..

By all means add additional info after - but get the message out first.

When you see a huge zerg heading to a keep, 'Massive inc to X' IS enough. I ain't gonna hang around to count them all one-by-one.. Its enough to know that it isn't a small-grp - and again - the more warning the better. I'm gonna be typing the shortest useful message I can then getting away (or tracking them - usually a bit of both). Can't do that while dead.

But yeah, its usually pointless calling resources unless about to be cut.

If you don't know where the siege is and can't get accurate information, just call out " (lots of) siege on X", until you find it then call out whether its a flagger or a large group. You don't know if it's about to flag just because you hear siege.

It only takes a glance to get an estimate of how many players there are. Don't exaggerate or underestimate the number either, it must be as accurate as you can. If I see 23 players somewhere, then I'll call out "20 enemies" heading somewhere. It's simple estimation. "Massive" is an exaggeration that will be ignored. "Massive" and other vague terminology I have seen be called out groups less than 10 by inexperienced players. 10 enemies is a COMPLETE waste of time for any guild group, and most experienced players.
    Edited by WhitePawPrints on December 24, 2017 5:21PM
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I always call out in zone if keep is US so reinforcements can arrive until it becomes UA. "Brindle us mg, soon ua, port fast". Under Siege warning was a bit confusing when I saw it used first time, but then I learned to love it; if enemies just run around keep fighting my allies - it's "some blues/reds around the keep" depending on number.

I personally dislike when I see "keep is UA" in zone while there is just enemies running around the keep and not a single enemy siege placed yet. For me UA means that scouts failed (or no scouts at all) and keep is already burning and I can't fast travel there - only helpful if I'm very busy doing something somewhere and didn't check the map myself :D

:) Rare times when UA warnings are actually fun and nothing is burning:

TucAQYD.jpg

m4QHwve.jpg

"Bridge UA" makes me smile any time I think about it :smiley:

• A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    @Serjustin19 we wouldn’t hate you on AD PC NA.....