Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Life Festival - essentially same as last year?!

MakoFore
MakoFore
✭✭✭✭✭
"Essentially same as last year festival" dosen't quite roll of the tongue though.
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    witch festival at least have 2 more costume...

I hope they at least make a new imperial quest and some winter cloth...fur hood and bath tower doesn't really fit together
  • SinfulPrinc3ss
    SinfulPrinc3ss
    ✭✭✭
    Same stuff but they threw lights in instead of sticks!
    SinfulPrinc3ss Xbox Na
    kajiit stamblade AD
    imperial stamtank AD
    high elf magplar AD
    high elf magplar AD
    wood elf stamblade EP
    breton templar healer AD
    high elf magsorc AD
    dark elf magblade AD
    redguard stamsorc AD
    high elf magplar DC
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Better this time cause...
    The first time you complete a New Life Festival quest, you'll unlock the Breda's Bottomless Mead Mug collectible. This mug doesn't only provide a nice swig of ale, but it also confers a two-hour 100% XP boost on your character!

No more going to this hell every two hours just to refresh buff :smiley:

9nbhMAh.jpg

And finally...
    Sword-Swallower's Blade memento
    Juggler's Knives memento
    Fire-Breather's Torches memento

Awesome! :) Proper mementos instead of consumables!
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, branch festival 2.0
  • maniac4maniac
    maniac4maniac
    ✭✭✭
    How lazy should people be not to change texture of a mud ball to a snowball for the biggest fest of the year, really. Just 1 memento many people asked about :-/

Instead nothing with Christmas & NY spirit, just copy paste last year, repeatable events are the worst in ESO from the multiplayer games i play. :disappointed:
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was hoping for a new home too like the witches festival which you can buy with gold if you complete all the achievements, disappointed :(
    PC/EU DC
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone have pics of the lights that are suppose to drop? If they are cool little Christmas like lights I’m going to farm the hell out of this but if they are just candles or a small white lamp I’m going to pass this year
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just care about the 100% XP boost... I have a couple new characters I want to level quickly. ;)
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    The other items you previously only got as one-time-usables are now available as mementos. So there is new stuff to collect.
    Edited by feyii on December 13, 2017 2:09PM
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and so what?

I was on a break last year, and there are many new players, it is fine it is the same^^^
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it is fine that it is mostly the same each year. Holidays are like that anyway, in real life. Annual tweaks, not reinventing.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My home will be full of Jester's banners and full of branches and full of lights this Christmas! And that's my whole Homestead experience so far LOL.
    Edited by luen79rwb17_ESO on December 13, 2017 2:41PM
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 14 max leveled toons...don't need the XP boost...so this festival is pretty much a "bah humbug" for me...
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please no more jester banners. Please.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

That is a different festival, but they are threatening to give us furniture, so we could have the New Life version of being buried in branches.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Sygil05
    Sygil05
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really have a problem with this.... I got all the achievements and everything last year, but that doesn't mean other, newer players didn't.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who was one lousy recipe (Hissmer Fish Eye Rye) away from getting the achievement last year I say, bring on the repeat! I will find you gold recipe, and I will CONSUME YOU!!! ;)
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it is fine that it is mostly the same each year. Holidays are like that anyway, in real life. Annual tweaks, not reinventing.

I am in general agreement, there is nothing wrong with the festivals being essentially the same every year.

I am excited about housing items for rewards, and do hope in the future some lore appropriate holiday decor will be added. :D
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Missed this one last year, I'm kinda pumped.

I do wish they cycled the rewards a little more for these festivals, but I have no problems with the mechanics being recycled.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    The first time you complete a New Life Festival quest, you'll unlock the Breda's Bottomless Mead Mug collectible. This mug doesn't only provide a nice swig of ale, but it also confers a two-hour 100% XP boost on your character!

9nbhMAh.jpg

And finally...
    Juggler's Knives memento

Yay I wanted the firebreather for ages! I wish it was an emote though like juggleflame or w/e
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a different festival, but they are threatening to give us furniture, so we could have the New Life version of being buried in branches.
    At least lights are more useful for decoration. The consumable items are no mementos so this is overall an buff.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    Fischblut wrote: »

9nbhMAh.jpg

And finally...
    Juggler's Knives memento

Yay I wanted the firebreather for ages! I wish it was an emote though like juggleflame or w/e

The firebreather is an emote if you are using the Jester personally.
  • AAbrigo
    AAbrigo
    ✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    As someone who was one lousy recipe (Hissmer Fish Eye Rye) away from getting the achievement last year I say, bring on the repeat! I will find you gold recipe, and I will CONSUME YOU!!! ;)

Dont they reveal the new gold recipe?
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

At least lights are more useful for decoration. The consumable items are no mementos so this is overall an buff.

Yes, and the lights will probably sell better than the sticks in guild traders, at least the blue/purples and MW/CWC/Dwarven ones. Also, the lights aren't dropping for me as much as the sticks did.