The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Random Dungeon Event experiences, other than loot

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    duendology wrote: »
    You know, I am curious how actually "telling" are those CP. in general I'm almost 360 CP (on all characters following Deltia's suggestions when it comes to gear and CP points) but still I've got little experience when it comes to strictly group activity...

@duendology, with respect, I would honestly suggest you find other build guides. Unless someone else has been updating his site, Deltia's stuff is now three major patches out of date.

Overall, I'd recommend sources that explain what stuff is and does over prebaked guides, but I do understand the appeal.
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On the last day of the event, we had visiting family. After the visitor went to bed, Darcy didn't want to play ESO at all, and I didn't have much energy for the game either. But I did sign up with my best healing character for a random normal dungeon. It was Ruins of Mazzatun.
    1. I'd never been in Ruins of Mazzatun.
    2. I'd never watched a Ruins of Mazzatun video.
    3. If I'd read a Ruins of Mazzatun online guide, I didn't remember it.

When I landed in group, the high-CP tank had already typed that he had never done RoM either. I typed that with two of us not knowing the dungeon, this would probably not work. The other two group members said nothing. Eventually, the tank whispered me that the others seemed confident, and it was only normal anyway. I agreed, and off we went.

At the time, I neglected to notice the other players were a CP 2xx nightblade ... and a Level 46 DK.

We proceeded with some bumps along the way -- a few deaths, a lot of emergency heals for the DK, a period when the DK wa offline, until eventually we got to the first mechanics-heavy fight and wiped badly. Subsequent chat revealed that NOBODY in the group had ever done this fight before. So I called up an online guide on my computer's second screen and summarized the mechanics for people (something about Spirit Essence and geysers). And we beat the fight!

We proceeded, with various perilous adventures, until we got to the final fight. Again I read mechanics to people. We wiped a couple of times anyway. The nightblade declared he had one more try in him. So we went again. I decided to kill adds personally, as the other guys obviously weren't focusing them. I also was selected as totem-clearer, and while I had no idea WHICH totems to attack, I seem to have made some lucky choices or something, as I didn't have to destroy many at all before that phase was over.

And so we beat RoM. In a group none of whose members knew the fight. With one under Level 50, and three under max CP. My reward box included a green CwC recipe for one of the hideous drinking cups.

I decided to rest on my laurels and let that be my last run of the event. :)
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on October 23, 2018 10:32AM
    Options
  • Zyjin
    Zyjin
    ✭✭
    I never talk much in pugs unless i realize im the most knowleagable and i can save grief by poitning out mechanics OR flipside. i have no idea what im doing and ask others on what I should be doing.

If we're steamrolling the dungeon, i probs wont talk

Ill occasionally type an 'oops' if I accidentaly commit suicide or something. (I swear I fall into the void EVERYTIME I do VoM) - and falling off WGT at least once is inevitable

I always laugh when people die on VoM xD, it's pretty hilarious to watch people fall in the void, or fall and hit the ground. I just had someone do it today in VVoM and I just started dieing xD
    Options