Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase – December 2017"

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Left4Daud wrote: »
    I wonder if they thought about adding new Radiant Apex mounts to these two seasons but just haven't mentioned it yet. I can't imagine how much people would spend to gamble on getting a Radiant Storm Atronach/Wild Hunt mount especially with the added pressure of being so limited in availability.

Well, considering that nothing in those crates can be purchased with the Gems, everything shares that with a Radiant Apex.
    Leogon wrote: »
    Also, am I the only one who was hoping to see a house like this in the showcase?

I was hoping not to see something like that. However, most of the people who would agree already left this game.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • esp1992
    esp1992
    ✭✭✭
    Another chane at the Wild Hunt Mounts?
    Return of Frost-caster motif?
    A new home in Wrothgar?!?!

Kyne be Praised!!!!
    MY CHARACTERS

Clouse the White Warden - Breton AD MAG Warden
    Jaro the Wild Changeling - Bosmer AD STAM Warden
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina, the background for the horse mount looks like a new zone in development. Is it the Pale? Or is it Halfingaar/The Reach? This one must know :smiley:
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• esp1992
    esp1992
    ✭✭✭
    laereal wrote: »
    Super depressed about this. :( Was hoping to get specific items from the storm atronach crates, but I really can't afford getting the crates until i get what I want this time around. Please consider putting up gem purchasable items from the corresponding crates. Maybe implement some sort of token system to indicate that your account purchased the crates during the available time period and just have it disappear afterwards.

Me too...

*sighs*

Oh well...
    At least I have the Stahlrim Motif and Wrothgar Mansion to look forward to...
    MY CHARACTERS

• Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Note that Crown Store currently supports the purchase of items with Crown Gems from the Flame Atronach Crown Crate season. Individual Storm Atronach and Wild Hunt items can only be acquired from their respective crates while on sale.

Wouldn’t the people who are inclined to buy crates buy more crates if there were more items they could buy with the gems? Specifically, items from previous seasons??

I am not pro-crate, but I do appreciate when things make some kind of sense.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    Tyrion87 wrote: »

You can buy all Storm Atro mounts with gems. They didn't introduce the super-mega-apex or whatever mounts until the Dwarven crates.

So how I should understand this?
    Note that Crown Store currently supports the purchase of items with Crown Gems from the Flame Atronach Crown Crate season. Individual Storm Atronach and Wild Hunt items can only be acquired from their respective crates while on sale.

I didn't see that line; my mistake.

@ZOS_GinaBruno can you explain why y'all have changed the older crates to no longer support crown gem purchases? That doesn't exactly seem consumer-friendly.

I remember that the superepic mounts which cant be purchased by gems were a technical problem which will get solved. i am absolutely sure its also only a technical problem :trollface:

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• Angzt
    Angzt
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Are you serious? What a nerve! That's a joke!... tho' I'm afraid it is not a funny one!!!....

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is worse than their original introduction. The simple wizard hat I wanted may as well be a radiant apex item should RNG hate me.

Let me know when it's back properly.
    Edited by driosketch on December 2, 2017 2:38AM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How hard is it to just put it for sale in the crown store? New low from Zo$, is this a sign theyve run out of reskin ideas?
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So does this mean you can only get the items as drops from crates while the crates are on sale, or that you can buy them with gems while the crates are on sale?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom - I agree with the others; clarification would be nice (or a change of direction, if that clarification means what everyone already think it means).
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope the New life event brings a couple of new rewards at least
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liley wrote: »
    Old crown crates + a lot of old stuff that they sold last december. kinda disappointed.

I'm not! I didn't even start playing ESO until after the Storm Atronch Crates got discontinued!
    I just wish I was able to get the items from them with crown gems. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like it. :(
    Hopefully, at the very least, we get a Crown Sale this month. Because not having a Crown ale for Black Friday was bad enough. If we don't get one for Christmas, God save us everyone!
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on December 2, 2017 2:57AM
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    I am hoping this is the case because forever I have been hoping for an entirely NEW horse model... made by an artist that has perhaps actually SEEN a horse at some point in their life. Unlike whoever created the current ones. But even if it is...I don't want a holiday theme horsie. I just....want a new REALISTIC horse mount. I'd love to see special horse mounts with CULTURAL tack. But not holiday tack.
    If it IS a new and better model, I'll be disappointed they haven't updated all the horse mounts and instead put them behind a paywall. But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until I actually see it. From the picture, I suspect it's a different model, but not necessarily a better one.

TBH all I hope for the current horse mounts is that they make the eyes glossy and not flat and static as they are now. That should be an easy update.
    stam scrub
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love that you are putting a slouch hat in but is it possible to get a future one without the berries? It is kind of a big deal hat for Australians as it is closely associated with our military. Would love to wear a green one with no berries or better yet a small gold adornment on the raised side in Cyrodiil.

Australia Day 26 Jan. You did a dye for Canada how about it?
    Edited by Curragraigue on December 2, 2017 6:37AM
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok they've run out of cool stuffs
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    The knowledge that I can't use my Crown Gems on the reintroduced crates really lessens the value of gems for me. What else are you going to take away next? The whole idea of buying crates gets less appealing with every greedy move ZOS makes. Really, ever since the super-exclusive mounts my desire to spend money on anything but the sub has continued to dwindle.
    The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife
  • esp1992
    esp1992
    ✭✭✭
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    Gina, the background for the horse mount looks like a new zone in development. Is it the Pale? Or is it Halfingaar/The Reach? This one must know :smiley:

By Kyne that would be nice...
    MY CHARACTERS

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leogon wrote: »
    Underwhelming if you ask me. The horse mount looks nice but I wouldn't use that mount all year long 'cuz of the ornaments so meh.

Also, am I the only one who was hoping to see a house like this in the showcase?
    DOXzBUfUIAAAmcL.jpg:large

Instead, they have a huge open area(Pariah's Pinacle) that will look half empty with the item limit and brought back old crown crates and hats.

This would have been amazing but I guess it's too similar to Autumn's Gate. I'd love a garland like on the door though!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS needs to take note how Elder Scrolls Legends rewards their players... WAY better then ESO has ever been.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • esp1992
    esp1992
    ✭✭✭
    Praise Kyne for the Stahlrim Frostcaster Motif!
    Also looking forward to the Mansion in Wrothgar! Hopefully not far from the malestrom arena.

I am very, VERY, disappointed in the fact you can’t purchase past Crown Crate items with Gems whatsoever.
    SHAME ON YOU SKEEVING HORKERS!
    MY CHARACTERS

• ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Just a heads-up that the Storm Atronach Crown Crates are back for a limited time, starting today. They're available in the ESO Crown Store until Dec. 7.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a heads-up that the Storm Atronach Crown Crates are back for a limited time, starting today. They're available in the ESO Crown Store until Dec. 7.

thats all u have to say?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools

Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, three more items being retired from the Crown Store and everything in the showcase this month is limited time?

So far, more has been removed from the CS over the past few months than has been added.

I MIGHT get the horse, but I agree with others that I'd love to be able to hide the garland. If it's not possible, then I'll probably pass, since I wouldn't use it most of the time. Plus, I'm guessing it'll be at least 4,000 Crowns, but hopefully I'm wrong about that.

Everything else is a repeat or some ugly new hats. I'd probably like the broadbrim better if there was a plain version, but these just look dumb to me and I'd only every use them during the holiday season. The other hats I passed on last time and have no interest in them this year, either. Plus, the hood you can get two versions of during the Festival in-game. The one in the store just adds garland and maybe some other embroidery.

I, too, was hoping for a house similar in size to the Exorcised Cottage and available for purchase with gold once certain New Life Festival achievements were completed. Instead, we get an oversized Orc home for what I presume will be an exorbitant amount of Crowns. No thanks. Don't want an Orc home and don't want any Orc furniture.

Wow...my post is pretty "complainy" (there's another word, but it wouldn't make it past the profanity filter!). Sorry, just nothing this month I'm really interested in and kinda getting tired of the constant removal of items with very little new added.

I am, however, looking forward to the NL Festival, which hopefully will have some furniture items and perhaps new cosmetics.
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mercutio wrote: »
    The knowledge that I can't use my Crown Gems on the reintroduced crates really lessens the value of gems for me. What else are you going to take away next? The whole idea of buying crates gets less appealing with every greedy move ZOS makes. Really, ever since the super-exclusive mounts my desire to spend money on anything but the sub has continued to dwindle.

Then don't spend anything, no one is forcing you. Plenty of people will buy them, plenty won't. ZOS will make their money, the world will continue to spin. Just play the game and move on, or don't.
  • Nijey
    Nijey
    ✭✭✭
    I bought and spent 13.000 crowns in crates... only 1 scamp pet and 2 hats.... 35 crates... zero mounts..

Last season too... bought a lot of crown.. 30 crates... zero mount.. only costume and tattoo...

spent hundred and hundred of euros... plus active..and got never a discount for buy crowns at low price.. only once per year.

:(
    ALL MY FURNISHING STORE, WATCH IT!!
    http://tinyurl.com/NijeyStore

PROUD TO BE AEDRA'S COVE MEMBER.
    Youtube: Aedra's Channel
    Aedra's CoveR - SoundCloud - Epic Songs by Aedra's Bard
  • Angzt
    Angzt
    ✭✭✭
    Then don't spend anything, no one is forcing you. Plenty of people will buy them, plenty won't.

I agree - nobody is forcing anyone!... but that doesn't change a thing about the actual issue itself, which is that their approach of not offering those items for gems now marks a breach with what they initially propagated as a concession in consequence of the massive criticism prior to the launch of the crown crates.

ZOS will make their money, the world will continue to spin. Just play the game and move on, or don't.

Yes they will and that's exactly the problem! An attitude like this is part of the whole problem!... All this "move on" spineless minion claptrap makes me sick and it's one of the reasons why things are the way they are and keep being - and no, the "things" are not cast in stone!

Edited by Angzt on December 9, 2017 11:17PM
  • Angzt
    Angzt
    ✭✭✭

Really - are you serious? Well, you know what... the award for "best communication with the community" goes to ZOS once again! Congratulations! Good job!... :/
    Edited by Angzt on December 4, 2017 9:11PM
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can we get a comment on why we can't use gems to purchase items from the returning crates? Is it a marketing decision or just a limitation of the crownstore?
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can we get a comment on why we can't use gems to purchase items from the returning crates? Is it a marketing decision or just a limitation of the crownstore?
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I think it is the latter. They would need to load up all of the old Crown Crate loot into the store and maybe that isn't possible with the way the store is designed.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I think it is the latter. They would need to load up all of the old Crown Crate loot into the store and maybe that isn't possible with the way the store is designed.

they could make it, or not. even if its more work. actually k.schober mentioned that also the new superduperitems which arent buyable by jewels also cant be bought bcs of technical issues. but there was a deal between community and zos, and if it doesnt work - then they just shouldnt do it. this way around is a nasty attitude. u can always say: it doesnt work.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arkadius Trade Tools

Deutsch | English