Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase – December 2017"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Crown Store Showcase – December 2017. Check out all the new items coming in the month of December with our latest Crown Store Showcase, including a mountainous abode, festive hats, a very merry mount, and the limited-time return of both the Storm Atronach and Wild Hunt Crown Crates.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Crown Store Showcase – December 2017. Check out all the new items coming in the month of December with our latest Crown Store Showcase, including a mountainous abode, festive hats, a very merry mount, and the limited-time return of both the Storm Atronach and Wild Hunt Crown Crates.

So if I want e.g. a Storm Atro Horse, then I still have to gamble for it and even without a possibility to buy it with gems?

Do I understand it correctly?
    Edited by Tyrion87 on December 1, 2017 3:26PM
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't that a nice horsie? :)
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »

So if I want e.g. a Storm Atro Horse, then I still have to gamble for it and even without a possibility to buy it with gems?

You can buy all Storm Atro mounts with gems. They didn't introduce the super-mega-apex or whatever mounts until the Dwarven crates.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    casparian wrote: »

You can buy all Storm Atro mounts with gems. They didn't introduce the super-mega-apex or whatever mounts until the Dwarven crates.

So how I should understand this?
    Note that Crown Store currently supports the purchase of items with Crown Gems from the Flame Atronach Crown Crate season. Individual Storm Atronach and Wild Hunt items can only be acquired from their respective crates while on sale.
    Edited by Tyrion87 on December 1, 2017 3:33PM
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Note that Crown Store currently supports the purchase of items with Crown Gems from the Flame Atronach Crown Crate season. Individual Storm Atronach and Wild Hunt items can only be acquired from their respective crates while on sale.

I didn't see that line; my mistake.

@ZOS_GinaBruno can you explain why y'all have changed the older crates to no longer support crown gem purchases? That doesn't exactly seem consumer-friendly.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s sure how it looks. I only started playing ESO in June. I was excited about the return of crates I had missed - until I saw that you will still only be able to spend gems on Flame crate contents. It’s too bad too - I was really looking forward to the Flame mounts at first but they don’t seem as detailed or animated as the older ones, more like molded plastic than living elementals.

Come on, game! Show me something to spend my Sweetroll on!
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno can you explain why y'all have changed the older crates to no longer support crown gem purchases? That doesn't exactly seem consumer-friendly.

This predatory system apparently started to rule the crown crates as a whole...

If gem purchases are not possible and it's pure lottery, then I'll pass. I just can't understand why there are so many awesome items that are no longer available, that now in order to get them you can only gamble for them or hope for good rng (crates, mysterious boxes etc.).
  • sebban
    sebban
    ✭✭✭✭

Because they want you to buy more crates. Consumer friendliness has nothing to do with it. Only money.
    PC EU
    Dweia Ceban - StamDK
    Adara Ceban - MagBlade
    Daewa Ceban - MagSorc
    Tick-Tock Tormentor

Chimaira.eu

Friskyttarna.eu
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well that's disappointing.

The New Life horse looks nice, though. And the purchase window on the Orc mansion is generous. So thanks for those.
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious to see what the horse looks like in-game. It looks like an new model from the picture, but I'm not 100% sure.
    stam scrub
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    schip wrote: »
    I'm curious to see what the horse looks like in-game. It looks like an new model from the picture, but I'm not 100% sure.

It looks like the skinnier horse model that the Mindshriven Horse uses.
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now we're talking. I like the horse and hats, but no nice New Life outfits?
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LadyAstrum wrote: »
    Now we're talking. I like the horse and hats, but no nice New Life outfits?

you get a bathing suit! and you'll like it!
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What about the Elk from last year? I really wanted to buy it this year? :( And no, I don't want to gamble for it! I just want to pay money.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno You're selling old crates AGAIN!? You realize you had a chance to regain some love with your community (that massively opposes crown crates, probably by 90%+) by using this "festive" time to sell old crown crate items directly on the store, right? Especially now that we know you're committing to another year of crown crates, so this disgusting business practice is going to frustrate your players for a long time yet.

PLEASE consider selling old crown crate items directly soon. Maybe to mark each crate's one year anniversary? So when the next crate season starts, also sell Atronach items directly on the store around the same time. I know you won't want to do that on exactly the same day, but definitely try doing it during the same crate season. The vast majority of your players aren't idiots, and we know you guys at ZOS aren't either. We all know crates are a disgusting practice, and we know you guys don't have any ability to cut them out of the game altogether. But you should be able to talk some sense into the powers-that-be and sell crate items directly on the store when they're a year old.
    Edited by Darkstorne on December 1, 2017 5:37PM
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope they redo that page, and make the notice regarding "use of gems for purchases will only be possible for current flame atronach crate contents" much, much larger. And a different color. Underlined. Possibly also flashing.

People were assured the gems would carry over from one season to another. Updating information to reflect that gems can only be used for current/active crown crate season items would be a good idea. Before the rants/raging/threats of lawsuits start to appear..... @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do kind of wish one of the broadrim hats were completely plain, but I still really like the set.

And I've warmed up to the New Life caps since last year so I'm glad I can pick one of those up.

But the real burning question is certainly, @ZOS_GinaBruno Do the bells on the Dapple Gray jingle?
    signing off
  • laereal
    laereal
    ✭✭
    Super depressed about this. :( Was hoping to get specific items from the storm atronach crates, but I really can't afford getting the crates until i get what I want this time around. Please consider putting up gem purchasable items from the corresponding crates. Maybe implement some sort of token system to indicate that your account purchased the crates during the available time period and just have it disappear afterwards.
    Edited by laereal on December 1, 2017 6:09PM
  • Liley
    Liley
    ✭✭✭✭
    Old crown crates + a lot of old stuff that they sold last december. kinda disappointed.
    PC | EU

Muriel Winterhauch | Magicka Sorcerer

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    schip wrote: »

I am hoping this is the case because forever I have been hoping for an entirely NEW horse model... made by an artist that has perhaps actually SEEN a horse at some point in their life. Unlike whoever created the current ones. But even if it is...I don't want a holiday theme horsie. I just....want a new REALISTIC horse mount. I'd love to see special horse mounts with CULTURAL tack. But not holiday tack.

And is it just me or are the showcases getting more and more underwhelming and with less and less to offer? Thre's SO MUCH that has been datamined but at current rates of release I'll be ready to retire before I've seen most of it actually hit the CS. And there's still a ton of existing costumes and pets and skins and polymorphs that people have repeatedly requested that already exist in the game that aren't being done!

I'm just... really disappointed. Again.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are just absurdly greedy. It literally disgusts me.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liley wrote: »
    Old crown crates + a lot of old stuff that they sold last december. kinda disappointed.

Yeah, there really isn't much of anything there. Were we spoiled by the rapid fire stuff they rolled out a couple months back? At least people don't has as much of a need for a Crown Sale this month, right?

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    I do kind of wish one of the broadrim hats were completely plain

Ditto - it would be an insta-buy if there was a plain one.

• Valor
    Valor
    ✭✭✭
    At least the house isn't a four day sale this time, maybe I'll actually have the money saved to buy it this time. *cough* crown sale...

Good selection of items too, I actually really like that winter horse.
    Miniskirt Enthusiast

Jacob Black|DC|Nightblade|Emped on 9/8/17

#TeamJacob
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would not have minded buying a crate or 2 if the items in them also could be gotten with gems... gamble for something cool/gem expensive, buy some "cheaper" gem items from gems I have/get. But seeing it's all gamble and the return without gem purchase does not allow me to get a few wanted items for sure, not even the cheaper ones i have gems for... I am not gonna bother at all. Not getting anything I want but have a just a couple of items staring at me i didn't want is more frustrating to me then not having any at all, and thus making the comeback of them feel just frustrating. Gem purchases at least make it so you can always get something you want (even if overpriced when out of luck).

I wonder if this is just because they think this will push more crown crate sales, or if the store does not allow for 3 full crate seasons to be shown as separate buys. Time will tell if the store shows previews from the crate items or not. If everything can be previewed store limitation doesn't seem the reason.
    Edited by Orticia on December 1, 2017 7:22PM
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown sale please :smiley:
    PS4NA
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if they thought about adding new Radiant Apex mounts to these two seasons but just haven't mentioned it yet. I can't imagine how much people would spend to gamble on getting a Radiant Storm Atronach/Wild Hunt mount especially with the added pressure of being so limited in availability.
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Underwhelming if you ask me. The horse mount looks nice but I wouldn't use that mount all year long 'cuz of the ornaments so meh.

Also, am I the only one who was hoping to see a house like this in the showcase?
    DOXzBUfUIAAAmcL.jpg:large

Instead, they have a huge open area(Pariah's Pinacle) that will look half empty with the item limit and brought back old crown crates and hats.

Edited by Leogon on December 1, 2017 8:32PM
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance the horse's garland can be removed? Like you can hide the saddlebags and armor other mounts have? It's cute during this time of the year, alright, but the horse itself looks beautiful and I would prefer to be able to have it as a mount all year round without looking like one of those obnoxious neighbors that never take down their festive decorations, you know?
    Edited by Abeille on December 1, 2017 8:27PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    I do kind of wish one of the broadrim hats were completely plain, but I still really like the set.

We can hope that a plain version will be among the new runebox rewards from the in-game festival.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA