The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Should ZOS compensate the long loading screens because the game is unplayable

Zbigb4life
Zbigb4life
✭✭✭✭
As stated above. I know the Terms & Conditions say otherwise but there is a thing like taking responsability for you actions/mistakes
Edited by Zbigb4life on November 16, 2017 8:19AM

Should ZOS compensate the long loading screens because the game is unplayable 166 votes

Off course, without a doubt
25%
KnootewootDredlordagegartonTazESOBalticBlueskarma69MinnoistguterSpielerSanctum74KalanteNecrosIXBrutusmax1musButtersEPZbigb4lifeBlumenwiese599Nussi28FerrumnCutemethanthefoxDread_VikingTwohothardware 43 votes
I would be nice but I don't expect them to
28%
SolarikenPasdevmakrethstojekarcub18_ESOvyndral13preub18_ESObottleofsyrupshadelonErtthewolfLordNillocterrordactyl1971Number_51CasulJohnRingoThe_LexNinchiTVStopnagginKhairiahHoolDogKrogmoIllurian 48 votes
Maybe but I don't care
4%
SheezabeastSkinzzCadburyAnviOfVaimethod__01MalicJake1576 7 votes
No, why should they
28%
SirAndyItsMeTooSBCBelegnoleGrymmoirewenchmore420b14_ESOstarlizard70ub17_ESOerebozHuyenWoelermakerofthingsNermyTitansteeleRawkanHvzedaCillion3117ZorvanZioGionikigwilSibenice 48 votes
Hmm what, is the game suffering from long loading screens
7%
Arobainlolo_01b16_ESOpdebie64b16_ESODeadmanoedopeyBloodWolfeDMuehlhausenJahneeOLadyHeloisecoop500AurieswippyHumperdoo 13 votes
Does OP expect too much from ZOS?
4%
MilvanczaraeowulfMalkorgaBlazingDynamoGoshuaccfeeling 7 votes
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let me start: with the current state the game is unplayable. It would be nice if ZOS would take responsability and compensated something like couple days free ESO-plus...
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a thread on this recently which ended up getting locked because of people arguing too much.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/380547/should-we-be-compensated

For me I think it's possible this time, especially for those with ESO+ however it's on ZOS and giving compensation is a slippery slope as people will expect it in future.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give free loot boxes. Always cater to your customers it's freaking customer service 101. Customer retention
  • Deadmano
    Deadmano
    ✭✭
    I used to think there was an issue as well, a while back, but often times it can be translated to hardware issues. Running ESO on an SSD, my load times pretty much halved. I have no problem loading in, even under heavy instance load. Might wanna check your hardware first, especially checking on an SSD if you can, before attributing it to the developers of a more mature game that what it was in 2014 during the beta.

Not aiming it at anyone else but those who claim to load "forever", would love to see what their verdict is after testing on a more-than-average rig with an SSD.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I'm guessing it's going to be about a month before it's fixed for console
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should but they probably won't :(

• LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice. But if they do it this time then people will expect it next time.
    Where do you draw the line on what is worth compensation?
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, why should they
    Terms of Service agreemeeeeennnnnnnnnt.

But really OP, the game is still playable even with getting caught in a load screen here or there. I'm dealing with it while waiting for a fix. That's all I can do. That's all everyone can do. Not to mention that's all we're entitled to. To wait, or stop playing.
    Edited by ArchMikem on November 16, 2017 9:16AM
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deadmano wrote: »
    I used to think there was an issue as well, a while back, but often times it can be translated to hardware issues. Running ESO on an SSD, my load times pretty much halved. I have no problem loading in, even under heavy instance load. Might wanna check your hardware first, especially checking on an SSD if you can, before attributing it to the developers of a more mature game that what it was in 2014 during the beta.

Not aiming it at anyone else but those who claim to load "forever", would love to see what their verdict is after testing on a more-than-average rig with an SSD.

I like to point out I'm playing on PS4, so no hardware issues. It's just a fact that everytime I use a wayshrine of die in PVP I end up with infinite loading screens...
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There have been times when I thought some kind of compensation would be fine, but lately the game is running qute well for me.
    But then again I play on PC, so maybe there is more reason to complain when you are on console.
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe but I don't care
    I needed another option in that poll.

I do think Subscribers should be compensated as they pay into the game, monthly is it?

People (like me) who don't subscribe don't deserve anything, we are not really loosing anything by not being able to play its just very frustrating.
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the loading screen problem makes it impossible to play the entire game, then yeah, some sort of compensation to ESO Plus players should be done.

If the game is still playable because the loading screens are only a problem in a certain area, like Cyrodiil, or are not always a problem, then no compensation. I have not paid enough attention to the loading screen issue to know how much of the game is impacted.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does OP expect too much from ZOS?
    Not this again :s
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Every minute a player is in a loading screen, he earns 1000 gold.

I would constantly travel between keeps.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone above says the entire game is not unplayable (speaking console here), however pvp is diabolical and suffering badly because of this issue. Sure it would be nice if ZOS threw a little goodwill our way to compensate but for me its pretty irrelevant, I would be more happy if they cut the Vivec (xboxEU) campaign, send out rewards still and start a fresh campaign, depending of course how far away a fix is. XboxEU is ~half way through the 30 day campaign and its basically been a demoralising disaster for all pvp'ers, the sooner it is restarted then the more chance of people returning with everyone on a level playing field.
  • Humperdoo
    Humperdoo
    ✭✭✭
    My gaem is fine. Must b u.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, why should they
    While it's been annoying, it's not unplayable. I've played many hours, jumping from wayshrine to wayshrine, and only having to restart my game once or twice (ps4). This is just my experience, I'm not saying it's across the board for everyone.
    So, why should I be compensated? How would they even begin to figure out who got it worse? Even beyond that, they are covered by the T.O.S. for situations like this, like it or not. It is what it is...annoying. But not unplayable. Your mileage may vary.
    Edited by Kel on November 16, 2017 12:15PM
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, they should fix it first. Just *** fix it.
    PC/EU
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, why should they
    All I can say is: 'I am glad I am on PC'. The only time I have a long loading screen is when I first log in after a patch.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Fingolfinn01
    Fingolfinn01
    ✭✭✭✭
    The long loading is mostly a hardware issue. A solid state drive, makes a significant improvement.

Though I hve encountered long loading times in the past not so much now.
    Edited by Fingolfinn01 on November 16, 2017 1:01PM
    PC-NA
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The long loading is mostly a hardware issue. A solid state drive, makes a significant improvement.

It's not a long load screen. It's a perma load screen.

Hardware won't make any difference because it's an introduced bug.
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, why should they
    I don't see why they should. Jeez, the amount of negative stuff I've had to endure in this game is no different from any other game I've played with bugs, glitches and more (AC: Unity anyone?)

Get over your sense of entitlement, report bugs and help the ZoS team sort it out.

Report any loading screens here.
    Edited by Nermy on November 16, 2017 2:07PM
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Terms of Service agreemeeeeennnnnnnnnt.

But really OP, the game is still playable even with getting caught in a load screen here or there. I'm dealing with it while waiting for a fix. That's all I can do. That's all everyone can do. Not to mention that's all we're entitled to. To wait, or stop playing.

Just because it's in TOS doesn't mean they cannot do it..it just means they don't have to if they don't want to.

We are actually entitled as customers to ask for stuff for our inconvenience. Obviously..if I was ZOS..I'd always compensate for extreme cases like this..even if it's 500 crowns..or free loot box..or a few days double xp. Nothing that's going to break the bank.

Even if it sets a precedent..that precedent can only be a positive viewpoint from current and potential players..enhancing their public image.

This isn't rocket science..many games despite TOS will compensate in some form for extreme down times or excessive more than to be expected lag

Edited by monktoasty on November 16, 2017 2:42PM
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Long loading screens? Get a better machine because I have no issues with loading screens. These threads/polls for compensation for every stupid little thing is starting to get very annoying. GIVE IT UP ALREADY!
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Used to be a PvP issue only but it's getting way worse in PvE on Xbox. Had 7 just last night, ALL IN PVE, and was playing for like barely 3 hours. More like 2 and some change. This has to stop.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BloodWolfe wrote: »
    Long loading screens? Get a better machine because I have no issues with loading screens. These threads/polls for compensation for every stupid little thing is starting to get very annoying. GIVE IT UP ALREADY!

Those on console don't have that option. Kind of a short sighted answer. Just because some aren't seeing the long loading screen doesn't mean nobody is.

Is it really worth compensation? Tricky. If people like me that have dropped thousands on this game, start to get annoyed and move on then that's a net loss. Would it be a good gesture on their part? Absolutely. Will it happen? Probably not, I honestly dont think they care anymore. But people that pay to use a service, either pvp or pve, that are denied or delayed that service have a right to complain. You have an expectation to be able to use that service with limited downtime. 15 minute load screens if you forget to travel out of the Brass Fortress when logging off, is certainly not acceptable.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Used to be a PvP issue only but it's getting way worse in PvE on Xbox. Had 7 just last night, ALL IN PVE, and was playing for like barely 3 hours. More like 2 and some change. This has to stop.

Huh. Bugs usually do not progress like a disease by spreading.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They already compensated. We have a free pet :lol:
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, why should they
    So you have to wait an extra 10 to 20 seconds to load into a map.....

The horror......

Annoying but they don't owe us compensation
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

Huh. Bugs usually do not progress like a disease by spreading.

It's getting worse. Why would I lie about this? Does literally nothing for me.