Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shadow Image still not working [updated 14 november]

olsborg
olsborg
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So, theres probably a few threads about this by now, but afaik none are in the "bug" forum. Ive mostly been keeping track of this thread https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/379499/shadow-image-new-bugs#latest, but its in the pvp forum. Im just hoping that posting about this bug in the right forum might make ZOS and @ZOS_GinaBruno notice it and get it fixed asap. Thx.

Most of the time shadow image dont work, when you cast it the second time to teleport back to the shade it fails and you teleport only like 1 meter.

PC EU
PvP only
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To clarify, this is different from the Shadow Image bug from a week or two ago, where trying to teleport to your shade locked you out of all abilities. Now, trying to teleport back just doesn't work (except sometimes it kind of nudges your character a short distance from your current position).
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    To clarify, this is different from the Shadow Image bug from a week or two ago, where trying to teleport to your shade locked you out of all abilities. Now, trying to teleport back just doesn't work (except sometimes it kind of nudges your character a short distance from your current position).

+1.

Tawrich posted a video here, visually explaining exactly what's going on:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/380613/bug-shadow-image-is-even-more-bugged-after-supposed-fix-video-included

Edited by maboleth on November 13, 2017 1:20PM
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And again no fix. I'm so glad that basically everything which was strong on stamina got nerfed into dust during the last year (well tbf, magblade suffers from this dramatically too). Embrace shieldstack vs shieldstack, blocktard vs shieldstack or blocktard vs blocktard. I'm done with this game.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • Autumnhart
    Autumnhart
    ✭✭✭✭
    And again no fix. I'm so glad that basically everything which was strong on stamina got nerfed into dust during the last year (well tbf, magblade suffers from this dramatically too). Embrace shieldstack vs shieldstack, blocktard vs shieldstack or blocktard vs blocktard. I'm done with this game.

Getting there myself. Guess I'll check in next quarter, PVP is *** this patch.
    Shadow hide you.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks guys, just confirming we are aware of this issue and working on getting it fixed.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks guys, just confirming we are aware of this issue and working on getting it fixed.

Yayyyyyy
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And just like that, my mind goes from deep black, to sunshine.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

yes :)!!
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not fixed tho, had a chance to test it right now, it worked the first 4 times, then the next and subsequent tries it failed to teleport back, had to wait the full duration for it to run out before i could even renew the skill.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dear @ZOS_GinaBruno can we have a confirmation when the fix is out for this? I was made under the impression by friends that ZOS fixed it today, but I can confirm here and now that this is not the fact. Now the teleport completely fizzles 95% of the time, you dont even teleport 1m as you did 1 day ago.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was working. But only like the first 4 times you try it! Skill is useless until it gets fixed sadly...
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This also affects the other morph, Dark Shades, so that you can't recast the shades during the duration or shortly after they end. It's like it thinks they are the teleport second cast morph and is checking for that circumstance and never moving on to the next "if/then" case to recast if the other condition hasn't been met.

I had noticed it but just thought it was lag or the summoned pets not finding valid position to spawn in so they fail to spawn, but they should just spawn on top of my character then. Now, I know it is the same bug.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully it gets fixed on monday, @ZOS_GinaBruno <3

PC EU
    PvP only
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    used it today a lot... did not work at all:

I also made a dramatic post about it over here :

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/381305/dear-shade

@ZOS_GinaBruno any update on this? this is a very vital skill in pvp... since destro/resto magblade has no other means of mobility in open world.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    Works fine on ps4eu
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    olsborg wrote: »

Well, there's no patch on Monday, and our next one isn't scheduled until after Thanksgiving break. It also appears as though the fix is still being worked on, so... No ETA™ (yet).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well, there's no patch on Monday, and our next one isn't scheduled until after Thanksgiving break. It also appears as though the fix is still being worked on, so... No ETA™ (yet).

Do consoles get the "new" broken shade until the next time it's fixed? Please don't give us the one that doesn't work at all. I'd rather stick to the one with the bar "lockout" unti it's 100% fixed.

Also how are the notes gonna read on that console patch.

"Fixed an issue with shade causing lockout of character until the duration has expired"

Known issues

"Summon shade now no longer works reliably "

This sounds ridiculous in my head while writing it.

Just don't give it the clouding swarm treatment.
    Aka change the move completely
    Edited by Koolio on November 17, 2017 7:52PM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for at least confirming the fix is still being worked on, there is a light in the tunnel. Have a good weekend Gina.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

tenor.gif
  • JackWest92
    JackWest92
    ✭✭✭
    I just lost the most engaging 1vs1 I had recently, because I couldnt port to my shade and recover, but earlier it ported me to someone else's 2 bloody floors above me(in a keep in cyro)....how does that even work
    PC-EU

Archmage Regalliona EP Magicka Sorcerer
    Regalliona EP Stamina Nightblade
    Aims-for-the-bushes EP Magicka Templar
    Kills-with-patience DC Magicka Nightblade
    Regallion Thunderborn EP Stamina Dragon Knight
    Regalliona Flameborn DC Magicka Dragon Knight
    Regalliona Stormrage AD Magicka Warden
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game needs a substantial increase in QA. Look at all the bugged and broken things. On top of that this game has always had a problem fixing bugs and then reintroducing the same bug at a later date.

You can't take it on faith that anything works properly.
    Edited by Domander on November 21, 2017 1:59AM
  • Oachelkas
    Oachelkas
    ✭✭
    Image still not fixed.... gg. O_o
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is ridiculous. You gave us on PS4 a broken shadow image with clockwork. So I waited for the fix. See that the issue addressed got fixed.

However it's now COMPLETELY BROKEN. Why would you give us a "fixed" broken move. How did this even pass testing?

I'm really frustrated at this dev team because of waiting on fixes for things that are important to us. And when the fixes actually are "supposed" to happen the break in other ways.

I know it's not @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom in particular but it's disheartening to say the least.
  • splitsand
    splitsand
    ✭✭✭
    3 weeks since the bug was reported, any updates?
    Really sucks playing StamNB in PvP now...everything pulls you out of cloak and now shadow image doesn't work at all. Yikes!
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish zos would give us less content and just fix all the bugs, it looks like there are a lot atm(queue finder, dark image, random dcs, long loading screens, miat's pvp addon, sheer venom/viper set removing stealth with warden vines, dragonkknight standard ultimate graphic, warden set graphic, and even little exploits in the UI like drag dropping unbound items to secondary empty slot allowing you to use them without them becoming bound... I really feel bad for them because of the amount of bugs and how much work they put into the game, but i'd rather have these bugs fixed vs more content.
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can we get some information if shade is gonna be fixed in future? 7 December?
    It's been a over a month and skill is unplayable.
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • Insanepirate01
    Insanepirate01
    ✭✭✭
    Doubt this has been fixed as I'm still experiencing it in game.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doubt this has been fixed as I'm still experiencing it in game.

Hasn't even been fixed on PTS yet.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina said recently in the 3.3 patch note thread that the fix is still being worked on and that the bug was rather complex.

PC EU
    PvP only