The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dear shade...

CavalryPK
CavalryPK
✭✭✭✭✭
I dont think we can be friends anymore. Sure, you always come when i call you. Beleive me i appreciate that a lot. But when i need your help the most you always seem to pretend you are doing something else. You see a true friend does not bail on you at the time when you most need them. I am very sorry to say this but our relationship is over.
THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magblades always have the worst relationship drama. I suppose that's the downside of being the sexiest class.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pssht.

Shade belongs to my stamblade, go find a new friend.

Come shade, let's leave these silly magblades.

...Shade? Where'd you go? Noo! Come back :'(
    Edited by DDuke on November 17, 2017 3:48PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like your buddy is throwing you some...shade.

1327788136911.jpg
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    100% not worth a bar slot on mageblade anymore, just slot mist or go 2h and run forward momentum. IF they ever truly fix it then I'll use it again.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yea I hope they fix quick.

@CavalryPK

You point of view on this post is very similar to one I made a while back lol.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/314982/sad-goodbye-for-centy#latest
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Koolio. we think alike lolz.

Regardless. I am ghinking of swapping shade to refreshing path and cloak with mutagen. I also use leeching strikes and degen.... I am hoping to be brawler in light armor. No running from the fight... stay in and heal through.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CavalryPK wrote: »
    @Koolio. we think alike lolz.

Regardless. I am ghinking of swapping shade to refreshing path and cloak with mutagen. I also use leeching strikes and degen.... I am hoping to be brawler in light armor. No running from the fight... stay in and heal through.

I'm on console so I still have the bar lockout shade bug. From a pretty good bit of experience I have been a brawler on my MNB for the past few months. I pretty sure you seen the build I run from previous comments. I'm trying to put together a good video but I haven't been saving any clips lately. And the one I do have are generally medium size groups so doesn't really look that great after I review them for editing. My main issue I had with staying in the fight was sustain. From both magic and Stam. I don't use immovable potions because I hate entropy and sap essence. DW definitely helps from gaining Stam from heavy attacks. Drain health poisons on the back bar help a lot too. I also run fear on the back bar for getting Stam characters off my ass when I need to heal/regen/survive. I do run Dampen and healing ward for helping with the healing ward bug and to make sure I get a shield when situations turn out bad. Nothing worse than a teammate stealing a healing ward.

I've ran gank builds, bomb builds, Destro resto build(don't anymore just in case I run into a good magDK) and so far mine now has been the most effective for being outnumbered to me. I don't like getting stuck in destro heavy attacks.

Being tied to merciless is very difficult in a brawler type game play. Either you get the bow ready with no opportunity to use or you can't get enough time with the pace of the fight to get one(Most likely a DW issue).

The infused/charged damage glyphs on DW is really what made a difference for me. Ive got 12+ gold swords of Shacklebreaker just for testing purposes. Infused on fire charged on disease will make every light attack dangerous. Either 1.5-3.5k from the glyph and the offhand of charged make the dot almost always active. The disease charged makes it at about 40% uptime on major defile. Even just a Heavy to light attack is about 7k damage then defile then the dot. With that and the double health drain poisons you can have Valkyn up on cool down.

Lotus fan on console is nearly impossible to work with. The targeting is terrible and never really goes off. So I went kinda halfway on the bar. With cripple and swallow soul and concealed all on front bar with soul harvest. This gave me the flexibility of range and melee without switching bars back and forth. So if they run I'll swallow soul/cripple but if they get close I can also melee them down which most Stam characters have a hard time getting a rhythm. I'll hit them harder from range and with DW heavy concealed and soul harvest I'm on equal footing at close range.

Hopefully some of that might help with your creations.

Just in case

DW resto
    3 body Shacklebreaker 2 DW resto decisive Shacklebreaker
    3 Jewelry 2 body amberplasm
    Front bar: Concealed Inner Cloak Swallow Cripple Soul Harvest
    Back bar: Shade Dampen Fear Healing Merciless Resto ult.

• Shadow-Fighter
    Shadow-Fighter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello darkness... my old friend...
    I've come to talk with you again...
    Because a vision softly creeping...
    Natch Potes is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    someone should make a montage of shade fails with sad music in the background
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Any Roy Orbison song will do :'(
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kram8ion wrote: »

Any Roy Orbison song will do :'(

Will trigger copy right i think

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina pretty much said the fix is being worked on... but lo and behold...no ETA

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was soon happy when I thought they fixed it with the out of range bug. Then I go to bruma, get into a 1v2 where I'm taking advantage of Los and what do you know LOS BUG ON SHADE WTF HE'S 2M FROM ME ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WALL. I CAN SEE THE ***. dirt nap..... shade you betrayed me
    Edited by Datthaw on November 20, 2017 12:11PM
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any news on that topic?

No-vamp magblade is unplayable open world right now for like 2(?) weeks, it's unacceptable
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neloth wrote: »
    Any news on that topic?

No-vamp magblade is unplayable open world right now for like 2(?) weeks, it's unacceptable

StI'll busted from my last use

To the mist users, do yall use that in place of cloak? Because I don't think I could slot both with all the juicy skill choices
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol

(I never really liked it on mnb anyway.)
    Edited by Metemsycosis on November 25, 2017 1:30AM
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never realized how average i feel without shade lol. It feels like I can't reposition without it. i think i may start using damage shields to make me a little tankier... I was most definitely crutching on that skill lol
    Edited by thankyourat on November 25, 2017 7:55PM
  • incite
    incite
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any incoming fix for this anytime soon? Mageblades are pretty rare in pvp, this might make it worse...
    PC EU

no1 knows me, no1 cares about me but sshh, don't tell

• Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    incite wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any incoming fix for this anytime soon? Mageblades are pretty rare in pvp, this might make it worse...

Well... rare outside of ball zergs atleast
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    incite wrote: »

We just have this
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4652130#Comment_4652130
    Well, there's no patch on Monday, and our next one isn't scheduled until after Thanksgiving break. It also appears as though the fix is still being worked on, so... No ETA™ (yet).

I ran my magblade lay night with shades still there for the defile. I just avoided trying to use it and cloaked our earlier for the most part.

Thought about this the entire time
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZwuTo7zKM8
    Edited by technohic on November 27, 2017 1:01PM
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZoS, really, 1 more patch and no shade fix?

Is it that hard at least to revert changes back for a few weeks, before you fix your new code?
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    per latest comment it looks like it fell through the cracks. but I think they are back on it.