The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[BUG] shade after "fix" - new bugs

Jaxaxo
Jaxaxo
✭✭✭✭
Soooo, the lock of character after using shade out of range was fixed, but a lot of new problems appeared
Things that happened to me during few hours:

1. When u use shade (being out of range) nothing happened, u go back in range and use it and it can teleport (can, it's randomly)
2. When u use shade (being in range) and nothing happened, no teleport, sometimes it worked in 3rd or 4th attempt, but it's random (u still have icon for teleport)
3. When u use shade (being in range) and u port to same place, where u stand (there is animation of porting and u appear in same place)
4. When u use shade (being in range),u port to shade, and moment after u port back to previous place
5. U cant reset shade (by going out of range and using teleport, icon for teleport will stay all the time, u will make animation for teleport, but nothing will happen), u need to w8 for the end of previous shade, to put another if u're out of range.
6. when u use shade there is bigger chance u will get stuck in rock/wals etc
7. when u use shade and it's working ppl near place u teleport to has that shaking screen effect too

I thought bugs are connected with moving out of range and going back again, but really looks like it's random, couldnt find any pattern.
Tbh would be nice if this got hotfixed, cuz it's even worse than week ago, before if we pay attention to stay in range we could still use skill efectively, now it's so random, that this skill is not usable for pvp
@ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , @ZOS_Wrobel
Edited by Jaxaxo on November 7, 2017 9:07AM
Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
Youtube
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Just tested and getting stuck by rocks in the way. This is worse than before the fix for the locking out of abilities. At least with that, I could adapt to not cast shades out of range.

Video of bug here

https://youtu.be/KnfX-lcyL0Y

• Tawrich
    Tawrich
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm this. I went to IC and couldn't use the shade even once, instead of teleporting me to the shade, my character would get teleported to her current position. About 5 times it happened.

I came out of IC and tried to record it and put it here, out of 10 tries, 3 of them got bugged, 7 worked. There is no pattern, but I think moving behind obstackles or land that is not flat causes the bug, I'm unsure though.

Please consider fixing this rather soon, shade is quite an essential tool for nightblades in pvp, it is something that simply cannot wait until next update. Thanks!

@ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , @ZOS_Wrobel

Here is a video, showing the bug (the video is unlisted): When the camera SHAKES at 0:03 and 0:14, that is when I try to teleport to the shade but it doesn't work.

https://youtu.be/3dpMQfd3BTg
    Edited by Tawrich on November 7, 2017 5:05AM