Argonian DK tank build for dungeons and... trials(?)
The tanking master Woeler (genuine respect and not sarcastic) has updated his Shredder tank and it has the easiest gear requirements ever! https://woeler.eu/shredder/
using torugs pact and Akavari dragonguard. It looks so accessible that I am having second thoughts about a build I've been theory-crafting since I heard about Asylum weapons, so I want to post my idea and ask for any and all feedback. My build is untested and actually I want to be convinced to follow Woeler.
The concept is to have good magic regen on one bar, good stamina regen on the back bar, and by swapping between them be able to sustain indefinitely even without group support when face tanking a boss. Good sustain from gear is complimented by argonian potion passive and DK ultimate passive.
, (all weapons infused, using crusher and weakening enchants)
1) Asylum sword and board on the front bar - this makes defensive posture
a good source of magicka sustain, and these weapons do not need to be double barred (many thanks to @paulsimonps
who tested this and shared the results here - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4502583/#Comment_4502583
2) Seducers set sword and board on the back bar, so on the back bar the 5 piece bonus is actively reducing all magicka abilities by 8%.
1) 3 Jewellery and 2 body pieces of plague doctor - the best health stat buff armour, and as this build will spam igneous shield
to regen stamina this will make those shields better. It also allows better use of the mages guild balance
skill, giving another source of magicka sustain and replacing spiked armor as the source of major resolve and ward. Alternatively Akavari Dragonguard could be used.
2) 3 body pieces of the Seducer set. It's not got the best stats for tanking but with the sword and shield on the back bar I hope the 8% magicka cost reduction will allow igneous shield to be cast much more alongside heavy attacking instead of perma-blocking.
3) Monster sets - Woeler suggests 2 x 1 piece monster pieces for extra sustain, I think this build gets it's sustain differently, but it lacks the cheap ultimates, so I am thinking of running 2 pieces of bloodspawn to make up some of the missing ultimates.
Skills, bar 1
Pierce Armor (taunt and debuff)
Heroic slash (ulti-gen and single target source of minor maim)
Choking talons (AoE minor maim and crowd control)
Unrelenting grip (single target crowd control and a free spammable if you have nothing else to do)
Absorb Magicka (the morph of defensive posture that is needed to proc the Asylum weapons)
ULTIMATE - Barrier, (just for passive magicka regen, an alternative could be the 1h+s ultimate which is cheap enough to be an emergency source of resources, and will make the three 1h+s abilities free to use)
Skills, Bar 2
Igneous Shields (putting shields on the group and restoring stamina - the ability to cast this more often is the reason I prefer magicka cost reduction over ultimate cost reduction)
Inner rage (Magicka ranged taunt)
Green dragon blood (heal and to proc the Draconic power passives)
Balance (restore magicka at the cost of health, also the source of major resolve/ward)
ULTIMATE - Aggressive Warhorn (what a shocker)
(Nb I would love to use spiked boneshield as well, but I don't know what skill I would replace. I also feel like another self-heal would be good.)
Skills (outdated tooltips?) - http://eso-skills.com/[email protected]%[email protected]&c=Jim-Pipp&b=Do-it-all-day
Generic - 35k health with more stamina than magicka, 5-1-1 armor, tri-stat food, tri-pots, infused with tri-stat glyphs on big armor pieces and sturdy with health glyphs on the rest, block cost reduction on jewellery. Similar CP allocation to Woeler, except more into hardy and elemental defender at the expense of block cost reduction.
Wow, sorry for the long write up. I'm away for 24 hours, so I won't be able to respond today, but many thanks to anyone who takes the time to help me choose my new tank build.