The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Asylum 1h+shield clarification

Olupajmibanan
Olupajmibanan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hello guys,

Can someone please test the Asylum 1h+shield for me?

Asylum 1h+shield:
Defensive Position (Perfected)
When you reflect or absorb a spell projectile with Defensive Posture, you restore 2000 Magicka. If Defensive Posture expires without reflecting or absorbing a spell projectile, you restore 5000 Magicka instead.

I have this on back bar, Defensive Posture is also on back bar.
Q1: I cast the Defensive Posture and switch to front bar where I don't have the Asylum 1h+shield nor Defensive Posture. A projectile gets reflected. Do I get the 2000 magicka?
Q2: I cast the Defensive Posture and switch to front bar where I don't have the Asylum 1h+shield nor Defensive Posture. No projectile gets reflected and the buff runs out. Do I get the 5000 magicka?

Thanks for testing.
Edited by Olupajmibanan on September 18, 2017 9:24PM
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I tested it, you need to use the skill on the bar that has the Asylum weapons, but if you swap to a bar that does not have them then it will still work. However the opposite is not true, if you activate it on a bar that does not have the asylum weapons and then swap to them you do not get the magicka back.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So it works exactly like Maelstrom destro staff.

By casting the ability with Asylum weapon present, you empower the ability.