Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Enter the #10MillionStories Sweepstakes"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Enter the #10MillionStories Sweepstakes for a chance at hundreds of epic prizes! We're thrilled to announce that starting right now, we'll be continuing to celebrate ESO's 10 million player milestone with a massive sweepstakes promotion.

This new promotion kicks off today and gives you a chance to win one of hundreds of prizes, including the opportunity to be created in game as an NPC, a trip to PAX East 2018 (on us!), and tons more great loot: every in-game collectible sold in the Crown Store, ESO swag, custom PCs & consoles... and that's just the start. For more info, be sure to check out the article linked above or the official sweepstakes page.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The link. Sadly it does not work yet yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    The link. Sadly it does not work yet yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Which link isn't working for you? Both just loaded fine for me.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fingers crossed!

Also, on the celebration main page:
    IN-GAME DUNGEON EVENT
    Complete a random dungeon using the Dungeon Finder and earn bonus rewards: mounts, costumes, and more. Event live from Nov 30. To Dec. 6.

Please elaborate? o:)
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bottom link. The one linked to the words - official sweepstakes page. This one gets a blue - page cannot be found.

Khajiit has already entered. What could possibly go wrong with having another Santie Claws in Tamriel yes?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

38037457856_676d47c076.jpg
    Capture
    Edited by SantieClaws on November 1, 2017 3:09PM
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Sticky_Paws
    Sticky_Paws
    ✭✭✭
    The top one worked for me :-)
    Edited by Sticky_Paws on November 1, 2017 3:12PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    The bottom link. The one linked to the words - official sweepstakes page. This one gets a blue - page cannot be found.

Khajiit has already entered. What could possibly go wrong with having another Santie Claws in Tamriel yes?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

38037457856_676d47c076.jpg
    Capture

Looking into it now - thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this only for EU/US people?

I'm from South Africa but can't select residency :(

"All participants must (a) be at least 18 years of age or older or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of
    residence, whichever is older, (residents of Alabama or Nebraska must be at least 19 years old;
    residents of Mississippi must be at least 21 years old), at the time of entry; (b) possess a valid form of
    identification; and, (c) be a legal resident of: (i) one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia
    (excluding residents of Florida, New York, Rhode Island, the territories and military installations), (ii)
    Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec) (iii) Finland, (iv) France, (v) Germany, (vi) Mexico, (vii)
    Norway, (viii) Russia, (ix) Switzerland, or (x) the United Kingdom. Persons identified as “Blocked
    Persons” or persons subject to applicable sanctions prohibitions, including, without limitation, those
    persons listed on the U.S. Department of Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control’s Specially
    Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons List are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. All
    applicable federal, national, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited,
    restricted or where Sweepstakes Group would be subject to a tax by law. Excluded from eligibility are
    officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of Sweepstakes Group, each of its respective
    parent, affiliated or related companies, agencies, suppliers of the materials and services related to this
    Sweepstakes, and members of any immediate families (defined as parents, siblings, children and
    spouses, regardless of where they live) or households (whether or not related) of such officers, directors,
    employees, agents and sales representatives (collectively above, the “Eligibility Criteria”). "

You not like Africa?
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Sticky_Paws
    Sticky_Paws
    ✭✭✭
    Bottom also worked for me.
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Enter the #10MillionStories Sweepstakes for a chance at hundreds of epic prizes! We're thrilled to announce that starting right now, we'll be continuing to celebrate ESO's 10 million player milestone with a massive sweepstakes promotion.

This new promotion kicks off today and gives you a chance to win one of hundreds of prizes, including the opportunity to be created in game as an NPC, a trip to PAX East 2018 (on us!), and tons more great loot: every in-game collectible sold in the Crown Store, ESO swag, custom PCs & consoles... and that's just the start. For more info, be sure to check out the article linked above or the official sweepstakes page.

It appears this sweepstakes is not eligible to everyone in the US again:
    excluding residents of Florida, New York, Rhode Island, the territories and military installations

I'm guessing this the issue with prizes over $5000 need to be bonded. @ZOS_GinaBruno any idea if they could break some of these prizes up into smaller sweepstakes so some of us can participate? Also I still seem to be able to enter, you may want to post a disclaimer or add a state check.

rules
    Edited by HeroOfNone on November 1, 2017 3:36PM
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a question, because I'm not sure if I've understood it correctly: are those of us who live in countries that are ineligible to participate in the sweepstakes still able to get mysterious reward boxes during the in-game dungeon event? I know we wouldn't get the extra sweepstakes entries, I'm just curious if the reward boxes are also tied to being able to enter the event.

Thanks for any reply and sorry if I missed where it answered this!
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since sweepstakes entries (and presumably the prizes) are linked to account emails, can players with multiple accounts enter with each account email?
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Aetherderius
    Aetherderius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once again I am foiled by Australia's international gambling laws or whatever it is that blocks certain countries from entering these things.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we know what happens if they mysterious box tries to give us a mount/pet/house/whatever that we already have?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I win can you make my character follow people endlessly singing "Bird is the word" ? Only way to get rid of me is to log off
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn that's a lot of prizes. :neutral:

Signed up and ready! Nice that I just have to play as well.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And uh... what's the specs on that gaming PC? lol
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    And uh... what's the specs on that gaming PC? lol
    32bit windows. :trollface:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was excited for a minute, until I had to choose my country.

United States
    Canada
    Finland
    France
    Germany
    Mexico
    Norway
    Russia
    Switzerland
    United Kingdom

Feels great to be Irish.
    PS5 EU.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    ListerJMC wrote: »
    I have a question, because I'm not sure if I've understood it correctly: are those of us who live in countries that are ineligible to participate in the sweepstakes still able to get mysterious reward boxes during the in-game dungeon event? I know we wouldn't get the extra sweepstakes entries, I'm just curious if the reward boxes are also tied to being able to enter the event.

Thanks for any reply and sorry if I missed where it answered this!

Yes, everyone will be eligible to receive the reward boxes from the upcoming dungeon event (and we'll publish an article with more details about this as we get a little closer to its start).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the sweepstakes per account or per individual? (For those people with multiple accounts.)
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Is the sweepstakes per account or per individual? (For those people with multiple accounts.)

@code65536
    Maximum of Eight (8) Entries per person during the
    Sweepstakes Period regardless of method of entry (any combination of online entry, bonus entry, mail-in
    entry is acceptable). Any entry received from a single person in excess of eight (8) will be disqualified.

From the official rules.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems clear to me but to verify. There are three separate things:

1. A one week in-game reward farm for using group finder at the end of the event.
    2. A social media campaign about our stories, no associated prizes.
    3. An event long registration-based contest for things like a trip to Pax East and gaming Pcs.

Is that right?
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

@code65536
    Maximum of Eight (8) Entries per person during the
    Sweepstakes Period regardless of method of entry (any combination of online entry, bonus entry, mail-in
    entry is acceptable). Any entry received from a single person in excess of eight (8) will be disqualified.

From the official rules.

I see how "free play" could be abused here...
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems clear to me but to verify. There are three separate things:

1. A one week in-game reward farm for using group finder at the end of the event.
    2. A social media campaign about our stories, no associated prizes.
    3. An event long registration-based contest for things like a trip to Pax East and gaming Pcs.

Is that right?

Yeah. The one week in-game events (#1) can also gain you bonus entries for the sweepstakes (#3).

Random side question. Am I correct in thinking each "day" for the dungeon finder is as per the dungeon finder 24 hour timer?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Do we know what happens if they mysterious box tries to give us a mount/pet/house/whatever that we already have?

Short answer: This won't be an issue, and you won't get duplicate collectibles.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • HowellQagan
    HowellQagan
    ✭✭✭
    Why on Tamriel can't people from the non-listed locations enter for the prizes that do not contain anything of real-world value. Like having that NPC made after your character...
    Edited by HowellQagan on November 1, 2017 5:39PM
    That annoying dude on PC-EU.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Once again I am foiled by Australia's international gambling laws or whatever it is that blocks certain countries from entering these things.

Those of us from New York can't enter either :disappointed:
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only 10 countries.

And this is not the first event.
    Didn't learn much.

[PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    But hey at least we got the In-Game Dungeon Event.
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

IN-GAME DUNGEON EVENT
    Complete a random dungeon using the Dungeon Finder and earn bonus rewards: mounts, costumes, and more. Event live from Nov 30. To Dec. 6.[/quote]

So to qualify for all the entries i only need to do a random dungeon via party window to qualify from NOV30- DEC6?

Is this character or account specific to get a random loot box?,

Many thanks