The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Search for Werewolf/Companion build

Murmaider95
Hello!
I've been around ESO for quite a some time with ins and outs and sadly my love for stealth based characters didn't find place with ESO's iteration of nightblades.
Im not very good at theorycrafting and coming up with very unique new builds, i'm more of a "follow-a-build-and-make-most-of-it" type of player. I tried quite a few builds on nightblade but even with them i got absolutly eviscerated by mobs not even mention players. So i decided to change things up a bit and recreate one of my favourite Skyrim playthroughs.

What i would want it to have is:
- Ability to easily solo quest/dung
- Decently tanky and solid dmg
- Race is not as important but im considering Nord
- 2 handed as main weapon
- Offhand weapon not yet decided but i dont really like ESO's bow tree, so maybe sword and board or resto staff?
- One Ulti used as Werewolf transformation which would be important part of the build
- Gear supporting werewolf as well as human form
- I suppose the build would be best based on dk, templar or warden

If anyone knows already build that meets my criteria or could come up with a unique build for me i'd be very happy and greatfull.

I can answer any questions about details if needed here, so im looking forward for your answers.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Many people including myself will point you to Pelinal's for the foundation for PVP werewolf builds.

My set up is this on my PVP Templar Werewolf. Gear weight/traits: 5-1-1 Heavy. 2 well fitted, 5 Impenetrable.
    Race: Orc
    Class:Templar

Front Bar Gear: Two Hander Bar 2Kena,4 Pelinal's, 4Prisoners, 1 Malestrom Greatsword (Sharpened)
    Front Bar Skills: Crit Charge, Binding Javelin, Biting Jabs, Channeled focus, Rally, Flawless Dawnbreaker

Back bar: Dual Wield Axes Main hand Nirn, off hand infused: 2Kena, 5Pelinal's, 5Prisoner's.
    Back Bar Skills: Dark Flare, Power of the light, Honor the Dead, Extended Ritual, Vigor, Berserker Werewolf

Hit me up in game @Chrlynsch we can customize your playstyle into your build.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Murmaider95
    Chrlynsch wrote: »
    Many people including myself will point you to Pelinal's for the foundation for PVP werewolf builds.

My set up is this on my PVP Templar Werewolf. Gear weight/traits: 5-1-1 Heavy. 2 well fitted, 5 Impenetrable.
    Class:Templar

Front Bar Gear: Two Hander Bar 2Kena,4 Pelinal's, 4Prisoners, 1 Malestrom Greatsword (Sharpened)
    Front Bar Skills: Crit Charge, Binding Javelin, Biting Jabs, Channeled focus, Rally, Flawless Dawnbreaker

Back bar: Dual Wield Axes Main hand Nirn, off hand infused: 2Kena, 5Pelinal's, 5Prisoner's.
    Back Bar Skills: Dark Flare, Power of the light, Honor the Dead, Extended Ritual, Vigor, Berserker Werewolf

Hit me up in game @Chrlynsch we can customize your playstyle into your build.

@Chrlynsch
    Would you recommend the same armor sets for PvE oriented build?
    Also would there be any problem with changing dual bar for sword and board?
    I'd apreciate tips on attributes alocation, and maybe a DK variation of this setup.
    Edited by Murmaider95 on October 7, 2017 4:27PM
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For Pve Pelinal's is overkill, as it you don't have to overcome major defile, minor defile, and battle spirt.

Unfortunately the weapon setup don't help you much if you are going for dps. As a dk SD/Two hander you are missing out on a spamible dps ability to use after you apply your dots.

So my question for you is what kind of content to you wish to participate in? Do you want to be a DPS, or a tank. Veteran or normal dungeons?
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Murmaider95
    Maybe my expectations are a bit too high or even imposible to meet.

I'd like a more DPS focused character but tough enough to solo dungeons maybe even in veteran diff.
    Is soloing as tank even doable dmg wise?
    So DK doesn't have any ability similar to jabs?
    I know i'll have to do some cyrodill to get Vigor but i'll manage somehow. PvP is never my main focus. I prefer world/pve content.
    What about Salvation set with Werewolf ulti cost reduction?
    Edited by Murmaider95 on October 7, 2017 7:47PM
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok so here is what I got for ya, a custom tailored Werewolf Brawler Build.

Head: Molag Kena, Heavy, Infused Prismatic
    Shoulder: Molag Kena, light, Divines Stamina
    Chest: 7th Legion, Infused Prismatic
    Gloves: 7th Legion Divines Stamina
    Belt: Salvation Divines Stamina
    Legs: 7th Legion Infused Prismatic
    Boots: 7th Legion Divines Stamina
    Neck: Salvation Robust Weapon Damage
    Ring: 7th Legion Robust unique blue ring Weapon Damage
    Ring: Salvation Robust Weapon Damage

Two Hander: Salvation Axe Sharp weapon damage (Ravage Health poison)
    S&B: Salvation Infused weapon damage/Divines Shield Stamina
    Food: Tri Food
    Mundus: Theif

Front Bar: Noxious breath, Wrecking Blow, Brawler, Venomus Claw, Rally, Flawless Dawnbreaker

Back Bar: rearming trap, caltrops, Volatile Armor, Igneous Shield, Vigor, Berserker Werewolf

Werewolf Berserker bar: Feral Pounce, Hircine's Rage, Rousing Roar, Howl of Agony, Claws of life.

Use some major savagery pots/stamina pots.

This build is best for someone with maxed out undaunted.

Keep buffs up, Keep dots up, Heavy attack/Brawler for groups, Heavy attack/Wrecking blow for single target

Werewolf mode will be be beastly on S&B bar as your armor/Spell resistance will be super beefy.

Enjoy!
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Murmaider95
    WoW! This looks awesome, thank you so much, tomorrow i'll get to lvling that precious DK.
    Last question tho, what makes Orc the best race for this setup?
    And maybe some tips about champion point spread would be great.
    Edited by Murmaider95 on October 7, 2017 10:58PM
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Orc has increased: Health, health recovery, stamina, increased sprint speed, decreased sprint cost, increased Melee damage, and healing received. All great for this build!

I will have to hit you up on CP later. Are you working with max CP at the moment?
    Edited by Chrlynsch on October 7, 2017 11:06PM
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Murmaider95
    I have around 300 right now And lvling will also take a while so no rush, thanks again.
    What about attributes?
    Can i replace something for execute?
    Edited by Murmaider95 on October 8, 2017 5:08PM
  • CrazyWolf712
    CrazyWolf712
    ✭✭✭
    Despite what everyone would believe, the best class for werewolf would actually be a stam sorc. Sorcerers have 15% reduced ultimate cost, 5% reduced cost of all abilities, and let's face it, sorcerers are overpowered anyways. I personally am a stam DK, which is fine. Healing of all stats when using an ultimate is great but does nothing once I'm transformed. The listing for best classes for werewolf as told to me is Sorcerer, Warden, Nightblade, and Dragon Knight and Templar.

Nord is a good race to play for werewolf if you're looking to be more tanky. They have increased health and health recovery, which would help a lot. I believe that Redguard is best for their stamina benefits. I never cared for race though. I am an Argonian after all, lol!

With werewolf, stamina is very important. A lot of strong werewolf builds I've seen recently have put all attributes into stamina and still maintain 25k health and 20k magicka. In human form, make sure your resistances don't go above 24k unbuffed. The resistance cap is 33k and you gain almost 10k resistances in werewolf form. Make sure to use buffs in human form to get your resistances to cap.

As for gear, there's a lot you can do. If you choose not to play stam sorc and don't have Bloodspawn, Salvation is not a bad set to decrease ultimate cost. It also gives weapon damage while in werewolf form. I can say for a fact that Shacklebreaker is an excellent crafted set, giving magicka and stam, mag and stam recoveries, and weapon and spell damage. Even Alcast suggests it. And Pelinal's is a great set too. It makes your weapon and spell damage the same based on the highest of the two values. That makes for great damage and excellent heals.

If you where heavy, Black Rose isn't bad. It brings Constitution nearly up to what it was pre-Morrowind. And it also adds weapon damage. Heavy will make you the more tanky and give you more recoveries. Medium will maximize your damage and resource management, but you will lose some health and magicka recoveries. (Keep in mind this is from my own experiences, as I use drinks in heavy and food in medium.)

If you go medium, Chudan is a good monster set to make up for lost resistances. In heavy, Bloodspawn is good to reduce ultimate cost but is not needed if you are a stamina sorcerer. I personally like Engine Guardian as it procs off of abilities used and will give either health, stam, or magicka.

Now let's talk about weapons. To maximize your damage in werewolf form, put your ww ultimate on your dual wield bar. It will increase your damage and you can use two weapon enchantments instead of one. I suggest enchanting your main hand with a Glyph of Weapon Damage, increasing your weapon and spell damage. In werewolf form, you'll have constant up time. The second enchantment can be stamina steal or whatever you want. But dual wield is a must. Also, it would be best to put nirnhoned on your main hand and infused on the off hand. But if nirnhoned isn't an option, infused on both would work too.

On armor, I put infused on head, chest and legs as that'll give the highest value. The other pieces can have reinforced(heavy) or divines. Impenetrable if you're doing PvP. I also have all prismatic glyphs on my armor to give all three stats.

For champion points, I would put 75 points into Hardy, Mighty, and Thaulmaturge. But the big thing you need to keep in mind is jump points. Don't just put an even amount into any one thing as it may not really upgrade your stats. For Hardy, you can put 75 points in and get 14% resistance to poison, but the next 24 points won't count until you put 100 points in to get 15%. Look up the jump points (there's a chart on Google).

And now for werewolf abilities and rotation. If you're looking for great solo play as a werewolf, Pack Leader is great for taking agro off in PvE and confusing players in PvP. But if you die, the wolves won't respawn. So just beware. Berserker is a brute with increased bleed damage and it just looks cooler. It really just comes down to preference. The best abilities for werewolf are as follows:

Feral Pounce (for solo play. Brutal Pounce is better in groups.)
    Howl of Agony
    Rousing Roar
    Hircine's Rage (Hircine's Fortitude is good if you want more survivability. Rage gives you more damage.)
    Claws of Life

When you transform, you automatically fear up to three or four enemies. As soon as you transform, you want to use your heal and Rousing Roar to get your buffs on. Then DoT your enemies with Claws of Life and get some light attacks in to apply some bleeds. Then use Howl of Agony and light attacks intermittently. You can use Weapon Crit potions with health and stamina affects in PvE and use tri-stat potions in PvP. Resource management is very important in werewolf form! You need to learn and understand your build and character and practice your rotation and gameplay. Check out Alcast's builds online as he has some great build advice and videos.

I really hope this helps. This is all my knowledge and study built up over three years. I can say I'm not the strongest werewolf out there but I do good for myself. Howl on my friends!
    Edited by CrazyWolf712 on October 11, 2017 7:04PM
  • Murmaider95
    Wow, absolutely appreciate Your insight in the topic.
    Alcast's build you refered to was Werewolf Build “Rage”?
    How much modification would it require to be viable in PvE?

I might actually change my plans about "companion werewolf" and go for the sorc/werewolf but im having trouble with picking the race because when playing Sorc i'll always have that little temptation to have some sort of "magic offspec"
    so it would be best to pick something that can do both decently. If i go with 100% stamina race i'll always have in mind that it's lacking bc of racials. (they are wayyy to good in this game imo :p)

So You say DW is a must, so playing 2H i'd be playing to my disadventage and i may swallow that DW as long as i don't have to pair it with Bow.

I'd like to also ask how much are you able to solo as a werewolf-main? Dolmens/World Bosses/ Dungeons/ vMA?
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Despite what everyone would believe, the best class for werewolf would actually be a stam sorc. Sorcerers have 15% reduced ultimate cost, 5% reduced cost of all abilities, and increased spell and weapon damage. I personally am a stam DK, which is fine. Healing of all stats when using an ultimate is great but does nothing once I'm transformed. Plus, sorcerer was listed to be the best class for werewolf, followed by Warden, then Nightblade. DK and Templar were on the bottom of the list, sadly...

Nord is a good race to play for werewolf if you're looking to be more tanky. They have increased health and health recovery, which would help a lot. I believe that Redguard is best for their stamina benefits. I never cared for race though. I am an Argonian after all, lol!

With werewolf, stamina is very important. A lot of strong werewolf builds I've seen recently have put all attributes into stamina and still maintain 25k health and 20k magicka. In human form, make sure your resistances don't go above 24k unbuffed. The resistance cap is 33k and you gain almost 10k resistances in werewolf form. Make sure to use buffs in human form to get your resistances to cap.

As for gear, there's a lot you can do. If you choose not to play stam sorc and don't have Bloodspawn, Salvation is not a bad set to decrease ultimate cost. It also gives weapon damage while in werewolf form. I can say for a fact that Shacklebreaker is an excellent crafted set, giving magicka and stam, mag and stam recoveries, and weapon and spell damage. Even Alcast suggests it. And Pelinal's is a great set too. It makes your weapon and spell damage the same based on the highest of the two values. That makes for great damage and excellent heals.

If you where heavy, Black Rose isn't bad. It brings Constitution nearly up to what it was pre-Morrowind. And it also adds weapon damage. Heavy will make you the more tanky and give you more recoveries. Medium will maximize your damage and resource management, but you will lose some health and magicka recoveries. (Keep in mind this is from my own experiences, as I use drinks in heavy and food in medium.)

If you go medium, Chudan is a good monster set to make up for lost resistances. In heavy, Bloodspawn is good to reduce ultimate cost but is not needed if you are a stamina sorcerer. I personally like Engine Guardian as it procs off of abilities used and will give either health, stam, or magicka.

Now let's talk about weapons. To maximize your damage in werewolf form, put your ww ultimate on your dual wield bar. It will increase your damage and you can use two weapon enchantments instead of one. I suggest enchanting your main hand with a Glyph of Weapon Damage, increasing your weapon and spell damage. In werewolf form, you'll have constant up time. The second enchantment can be stamina steal or whatever you want. But dual wield is a must. Also, it would be best to put nirnhoned on your main hand and infused on the off hand. But if nirnhoned isn't an option, infused on both would work too.

On armor, I put infused on head, chest and legs as that'll give the highest value. The other pieces can have reinforced(heavy) or divines. Impenetrable if you're doing PvP. I also have all prismatic glyphs on my armor to give all three stats.

For champion points, I would put 75 points into Hardy, Mighty, and Thaulmaturge. But the big thing you need to keep in mind is jump points. Don't just put an even amount into any one thing as it may not really upgrade your stats. For Hardy, you can put 75 points in and get 14% resistance to poison, but the next 24 points won't count until you put 100 points in to get 15%. Look up the jump points (there's a chart on Google).

And now for werewolf abilities and rotation. If you're looking for great solo play as a werewolf, Pack Leader is great for taking agro off in PvE and confusing players in PvP. But if you die, the wolves won't respawn. So just beware. Berserker is a brute with increased bleed damage and it just looks cooler. It really just comes down to preference. The best abilities for werewolf are as follows:

Howl of Agony
    Rousing Roar
    Hircine's Rage (Hircine's Fortitude is good if you want more survivability. Rage gives you more damage.)
    Claws of Life

When you transform, you automatically fear up to three or four enemies. As soon as you transform, you want to use your heal and Rousing Roar to get your buffs on. Then DoT your enemies with Claws of Life and get some light attacks in to apply some bleeds. Then use Howl of Agony and light attacks intermittently. You can use Weapon Crit potions with health and stamina affects in PvE and use tri-stat potions in PvP. Resource management is very important in werewolf form! You need to learn and understand your build and character and practice your rotation and gameplay. Check out Alcast's builds online as he has some great build advice and videos.

I really hope this helps. This is all my knowledge and study built up over three years. I can say I'm not the strongest werewolf out there but I do good for myself. Howl on my friends!

Sorc does not gain extra spell and weapon damage while in werewolf form... You must have sorcerer abilities slotted in order to gain weapon and spell damage. Templar gets the extra weapon damage in form.

Not sure what list you are referring to with class ranking... but I definitely disagree and I have personally wolfed on all of them hundred of hours, and countless gear set ups.
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Murmaider95
    But Unholy Knowledge, Power Stone, Energized and Capacitor passives should work, right? They don't require slotted abilites.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But Unholy Knowledge, Power Stone, Energized and Capacitor passives should work, right? They don't require slotted abilites.

Correct any class passive that doesn't require slotting an ability will work.
    Caius
    PC NA
  • CrazyWolf712
    CrazyWolf712
    ✭✭✭
    @Murmaider95 Thanks for messaging me. I hope my advice helps. Good luck on your endeavors and let me know how your build turns out and what you go with! :)
  • CrazyWolf712
    CrazyWolf712
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, absolutely appreciate Your insight in the topic.
    Alcast's build you refered to was Werewolf Build “Rage”?
    How much modification would it require to be viable in PvE?

I might actually change my plans about "companion werewolf" and go for the sorc/werewolf but im having trouble with picking the race because when playing Sorc i'll always have that little temptation to have some sort of "magic offspec"
    so it would be best to pick something that can do both decently. If i go with 100% stamina race i'll always have in mind that it's lacking bc of racials. (they are wayyy to good in this game imo :p)

So You say DW is a must, so playing 2H i'd be playing to my disadventage and i may swallow that DW as long as i don't have to pair it with Bow.

I'd like to also ask how much are you able to solo as a werewolf-main? Dolmens/World Bosses/ Dungeons/ vMA?

And also, you can still have two handed on your off bar. Dual wield would just be your werewolf bar. As for my solo-ability, I have done vMA with only 39 deaths total my first run. But I'm built more like a tank. My dps is only about 14k. I'm able to solo most vet dungeon bosses, minus those with a "trap" mechanic. Some of the harder bosses to solo are Grobull and Valkyn Skoria. In PvP, I can usually survive 3 players attacking me. Any more and the stuns become rediculous... -_- In duels, my win rate is about 75-80%. Dolmens and world bosses are no problem! Pre-Morrowind, things were better. The sustain nerf hurt and we're just trying to figure everything out again.
  • Murmaider95
    Okay, thank you. Today i'll start building something and try not to give up ^^
  • Ertthewolf
    Ertthewolf
    ✭✭✭
    Despite what everyone would believe, the best class for werewolf would actually be a stam sorc. Sorcerers have 15% reduced ultimate cost, 5% reduced cost of all abilities, and increased spell and weapon damage. I personally am a stam DK, which is fine. Healing of all stats when using an ultimate is great but does nothing once I'm transformed. Plus, sorcerer was listed to be the best class for werewolf, followed by Warden, then Nightblade. DK and Templar were on the bottom of the list, sadly...

Howl of Agony
    Rousing Roar
    Claws of Life

Sorc does not gain extra spell and weapon damage while in werewolf form... You must have sorcerer abilities slotted in order to gain weapon and spell damage. Templar gets the extra weapon damage in form.

Not sure what list you are referring to with class ranking... but I definitely disagree and I have personally wolfed on all of them hundred of hours, and countless gear set ups.

I think Crazy is referring to the Energized passive for the damage increase. That only works for shock tho so no extra heals...
  • CrazyWolf712
    CrazyWolf712
    ✭✭✭
    Ertthewolf wrote: »

Howl of Agony
    Rousing Roar
    Claws of Life

I think Crazy is referring to the Energized passive for the damage increase. That only works for shock tho so no extra heals...

Yes, thank you. It’s the physical damage increase. I looked at the wrong passive. Just misspeech on my part.