Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Official Discussion Thread for "The Witches Festival Returns"

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It SHOULD just turn on. Thats how the other events have worked so far.

Excellent! :smiley: Thank you; now I know I can squeeze in fifteen minutes.
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    Just had a Reddit question that I couldn't answer, I have always run solo in Witches.
    3.Use the whistle to summon the “Witchmother's Cauldron" and grant you and your party

How does Party bonus work? Do all members have to have done the quest before grouping and then only one has to call the caldron? Or can a non-quest completed character join an already boosted group?

So far as I recall from last year, only one person had to have completed the quest, and that was the one summoning the cauldron. You used to have to use the cauldron though. I would expect if a non-boosted person joined an already-boosted group, they would remain non-boosted until the cauldron was summoned again. I would not expect the non-summoners to have to have completed the quest to get the boost.
    Am I too late to get the crow caller? I can’t find it in the Crown Store.

@Chloekins24 You're too early actually! :) It doesn't start until 10 AM EST. (About 3 hours, 20 minutes from this posting if that helps.)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

EXPECTING SEVERAL HOURS OF DOWNTIME FOR PC/NA.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone!

The Witches Festival event is now live on all servers, and will run until November 1.

Just a heads-up that we have identified a small issue on the PS4 servers that we're looking into where the map pins for the quest are not appearing. You can still complete the quest - there are just no map pins on PS4. The other two platforms are fine.

Thank you, and we hope you enjoy the Witches Festival fun!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do we have to do the quest again or is it a different one?
    PC EU
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭

I didn't, just re-equipped my whistle and off I went.
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why new furniture recipes when can't use the furniture anyways due to your slot limitation? @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can't do it again even if you wanted to. If your character did it last year, attempting to do the intro quest this year will result in an error message.

Why new furniture recipes when can't use the furniture anyways due to your slot limitation? @ZOS_GinaBruno

Obviously that's why there's a new house available for sale, for you to warehouse all the furnishing from this event. :trollface:
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit has been busy yes turning the cottage into a cosy Fishmas grotto.

A work in progress but the bare fish bones are there.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

37559528940_37efb47be5_z.jpg
    Screenshot_20171020_161821
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • tuckerpb2
    tuckerpb2
    ✭✭✭
    i want to thank the company for choosing to punish players that can't afford the newest system and graphic cards. thanks to the requirement to kill bosses at anchors and the fact that there are large groups running around and even at the very min setting the particles from spell graphics can send some people into shock. the boss can die faster then for some people to even load on the screen to do any damage. so thank you for this.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tuckerpb2 wrote: »
    i want to thank the company for choosing to punish players that can't afford the newest system and graphic cards. thanks to the requirement to kill bosses at anchors and the fact that there are large groups running around and even at the very min setting the particles from spell graphics can send some people into shock. the boss can die faster then for some people to even load on the screen to do any damage. so thank you for this.

You can get plunder skulls from any delve boss, world boss, or public or group dungeon boss. So you should be able to find something that isn't mobbed too hard for your graphics to handle.
    Edited by Ilsabet on October 20, 2017 9:46PM
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    tuckerpb2 wrote: »

You can get plunder skulls from any delve boss, world boss, or public or group dungeon boss. So you should be able to find something that isn't mobbed too hard for your graphics to handle.

This also includes instances content like dungeons and maelstrom arena. Both those examples can only have X number of people in it.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    So far as I recall from last year, only one person had to have completed the quest, and that was the one summoning the cauldron. You used to have to use the cauldron though. I would expect if a non-boosted person joined an already-boosted group, they would remain non-boosted until the cauldron was summoned again. I would not expect the non-summoners to have to have completed the quest to get the boost.

Thanks, yes just had it confirmed that way over on a Reddit post I was trying to answer. Non-Boosted had to drink cauldron after summoned once they joined group.

Edited by SpAEkus on October 21, 2017 12:46AM
  • RagingDK
    RagingDK
    Soul Shriven
    Plunder Skull drops & cool down: Does anyone know exactly how long it takes before you can kill the same boss again for a plunder skull drop?
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    RagingDK wrote: »
    Plunder Skull drops & cool down: Does anyone know exactly how long it takes before you can kill the same boss again for a plunder skull drop?

Everything I've seen so far has it at 3 min for Dolmens and 4~5 for Delve/WB/Public, with some others reffing 7 for as well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/77mp5s/update_its_a_3_minute_or_35_minute_cooldown_for/

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4580413/#Comment_4580413
    Edited by SpAEkus on October 21, 2017 3:58AM
  • PrimordialOdd
    What is the new witches festival furnishing? I’ve only found branches so far and those could be found in nodes to start with....
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So after getting with my newborn toon all the achievements in such a short time few things I have noticed:
    1. Cool down time is 3 minutes but when I was in larger groups farms sometimes I didn't drop a plunder skull for more than 6 minutes
    2. Waaaaay 2 many branches, saplings, burned trees etc.
    3. Cool looking purple furnishing wrapped body, cauldron seems like wood elves one or a lot like it so I kinda see no point to rename an item and make it more expensive to craft
    4. Bad way to make a farm event when on monday new dlc is out... somebody should be fired for bringing out such stupid idea - either release event and after it DLC or DLC and event next but now I don't rly care since toon I wanted title on got it and other mains got it from last year
    5. nice dropped furnishings but rate is very low increase a bit
    6. 250k for a home well i bought it but most ppl cant afford it... make it a reward or something for all the achievements after all its event and newer players want this home but cant buy it as soon as they started, feels like a rip off for newbies
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if the Cyrodiil delves are also included in the plunder skull drop?
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know if the Cyrodiil delves are also included in the plunder skull drop?
    I assume they are because the Cyrodiil Dolmens bosses are dropping them - far easier to farm these because there is nobody there!
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Way too many burnt branches and trees that are of no use to anyone. If I put all I get into my main house, all the slots will be used up by them. I have had to dump them at one of my other houses just to get them out of my inventory rather than destroy them.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • BigRiver
    BigRiver
    ✭✭✭
    What is a V1 mask from this event?
    Edited by BigRiver on October 27, 2017 8:12AM
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    After the recent DK nerfs (and Sorc being meta) I used the time I could spare for the event to level a stam Warden which I like. Could have leveled my mSorc too, but meh...
    Warden has issues too, but at least it has SOME signature to it. DK is THE souldshriven class after it got wrobeled so hard the last 2 years. :(

Thanks to doubled xp I got L32 in 3-4 days playing at max 3 hours per session and doing almost exclusively Dolmens and 2-3 runs through nMA.
    I got over 100 skulls on her. But only 1 (blue) of the 4 furnishing recipes. Of course my inventory is cluttered with branches and crap... -_-

event could be longer AND I think CWC should not have dropped in midst of it. Well, not playing any CWC until the event is over which was for me yesterday because Iam not at home the next 5 days.

tldr:
    nerf Wrobel
    XP bonus is nice
    event is too short
    skull-loot is crap
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    Just had a Reddit question that I couldn't answer, I have always run solo in Witches.
    3.Use the whistle to summon the “Witchmother's Cauldron" and grant you and your party

How does Party bonus work? Do all members have to have done the quest before grouping and then only one has to call the caldron? Or can a non-quest completed character join an already boosted group?

it's kind of intermittent. sometimes it will hit everyone, sometimes not. check your character sheet to make sure the buff shows up
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Am I too late to get the crow caller? I can’t find it in the Crown Store.

should still be there....
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • TboneTWM
    TboneTWM
    Soul Shriven
    Me too! Where's the "holiday section"? Want the crow caller but can't find it.
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really disgusted with the drop rate of this event. After a week of doing this, I should have gotten something good by now.
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • TheWalkinDread
    What date/time (UK) does the event end? Got a lvl 30 alt i want to lvl up before it finishes
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TboneTWM wrote: »
    Me too! Where's the "holiday section"? Want the crow caller but can't find it.

Crown store, under Holiday or specials or somesuch.