Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "The Witches Festival Returns"

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see it's a little more user-friendly this year. :smile: Having the same drops as last year bothers me less since I now know for certain I will be missing ALL of it. :\

Gina is there going to be a maintenance before this or is it just going to switch on magically at 10 AM?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Please clarify on the exact pricing of the new house with ingame gold when all event achievements are obtained? Some of us will need to know how much gold will we need to farm.

Thank you!
  • Ir0nB34r
    Ir0nB34r
    ✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    We still dont have a permanent skeleton polymorph yet. Why is this not an option? It looks great

There are two skeleton polymorphs in game already.

One in Shadowfen, a reward from a quest line. Its just a basic skeleton. No armor or clothing.

The second is a reward for completing the Litany of Blood in the Dark Brotherhood DLC. Its called Cadaverous Assassin and its a skeleton wearing a black and red cloak and hood. This one looks pretty similar to the Witch's Festival polymorph.
    [XBOX][NA]
    Breton | Sorcerer | Damage Dealer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    Breton | Warden | Healer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    Argonian | Dragon Knight | Tank - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    (Retired)Breton | Sorcerer | Tank - Build Info (<< Link to Google Docs Page)
    "If you are quitting, can I have your stuff??"
  • Sticky_Paws
    Sticky_Paws
    ✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    don´t like the fact that it is so much shorter this year, how will we be able to get all achievements and be able to buy the house/hut?? why is that/???? @ZOS_GinaBruno

last year, many participants in my guild ran the event to death ( no pun intended) and we were all burned out on being a skelly, seeing our normal toons was more appealing the last week. Also we all finished the achievements and had ample extra masks (both), ensuring the entire guild had both with extra to spare.
  • pareidolon
    pareidolon
    ✭✭✭
    Taysa wrote: »
    don´t like the fact that it is so much shorter this year, how will we be able to get all achievements and be able to buy the house/hut?? why is that/???? @ZOS_GinaBruno

You can grind it out over a weekend, but even then, I think a week and a half is very reasonable. It's in that nice spot of being able to get everything done without getting burnt out at the end.

Alternatively, the people who are getting burned out can just....stop. It doesn't make sense to shorten a time limited event that's going to run at the same time a major DLC drops.

I agree, It's a lot to pack into the same time period, especially for those of us hoping to use the XP boost to build up an alt. But I'm excited for the new items! As for the house, you don't need the achievement to buy with crowns, and I'm pleasantly surprised they didn't make it crown-exclusive.
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I am hearing different things about the XP stacking. Can you confirm that the 150% Crown Crate XP Scroll will stack with the 100% festival bonus? I would love to get a 250% XP Bonus but also don't want to burn an expensive scroll if I'm not going to get the full benefit of it. Thank you.
    The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife
  • Fodore
    Fodore
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very disappointed that they are doing the same motif and have carried on doing the 2 masks they did last year... lots of people, myself included were saving last years masks to sell in the future for big money but I see this won't be happening now... ZOS just seen a bit lazy with this event imo
    Before judging a man walk a mile in his shoes.
    After that who cares?
    They're a mile away and you've got their shoes.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fodore wrote: »
    Very disappointed that they are doing the same motif and have carried on doing the 2 masks they did last year... lots of people, myself included were saving last years masks to sell in the future for big money but I see this won't be happening now... ZOS just seen a bit lazy with this event imo

Oh for heaven's sakes.

I'm happy to see the old stuff AND some new stuff.

It's not all about money.

Well, it isn't for me anyway.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    We still dont have a permanent skeleton polymorph yet. Why is this not an option? It looks great

we have one check this to get it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GorjnLWyHA

• ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mercutio wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I am hearing different things about the XP stacking. Can you confirm that the 150% Crown Crate XP Scroll will stack with the 100% festival bonus? I would love to get a 250% XP Bonus but also don't want to burn an expensive scroll if I'm not going to get the full benefit of it. Thank you.

The scrolls should stack with the event buff. The drink should stack with the event buff. The drink and scrolls will not stack of used at the same time. ESO+ and Ring of Mara will stack with the event buff with one of the scrolls or drinks.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fodore wrote: »

Lol the market is flooded with them.
  • chaserstorm16909
    chaserstorm16909
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any new recipes this year? Or just the same ones as last year?
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mercutio wrote: »

The scrolls should stack with the event buff. The drink should stack with the event buff. The drink and scrolls will not stack of used at the same time. ESO+ and Ring of Mara will stack with the event buff with one of the scrolls or drinks.

Thank you for taking the time to respond, ManwithBeard9!

I don't think I was clear enough in my original question.

In the past I believe there was a cap on the max amount of experience one could obtain with bonuses. I believe this was 180%. I could also be wrong.

@ZOS_GinaBruno do you know, or can you ask someone, if that is the case? Or would I get 260% at the same time from ESO +, 150% XP scroll, and the Festival Bonus?

Much thanks!
    The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    how much ingame gold will the witch house be?
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lientier wrote: »

250k.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    So you're just recycling the same thing from last year and give the people who did it last time nothing to look forward. YAY IM SO EXCITED!(heavy sarcasm)
  • Beamer_Miasma
    Beamer_Miasma
    ✭✭✭
    • Use the whistle to summon the “Witchmother's Cauldron" and grant you and your party a two-hour 100% XP buff that stacks with all other XP.
    • Use the Witchmother's Cauldron to polymorph your character into one of the undead
    So if I get this right the only way to get the polymorph is to accept the XP buff? Way to show confidence in your game ZOS. Please don't force XP buffs on those of us who actually enjoy playing the game. I paid good money for this, why do you think I want to make it last shorter? Isn't it enough that CP is force-shared among characters, effectively robbing us of half the journey on characters 2-8? How about you make all that MOBA stuff optional, you are selling this as an RPG after all, right?
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Use the whistle to summon the “Witchmother's Cauldron" and grant you and your party a two-hour 100% XP buff that stacks with all other XP.
    • Use the Witchmother's Cauldron to polymorph your character into one of the undead
    So if I get this right the only way to get the polymorph is to accept the XP buff? Way to show confidence in your game ZOS. Please don't force XP buffs on those of us who actually enjoy playing the game. I paid good money for this, why do you think I want to make it last shorter? Isn't it enough that CP is force-shared among characters, effectively robbing us of half the journey on characters 2-8? How about you make all that MOBA stuff optional, you are selling this as an RPG after all, right?

Can’t tell if this is a troll or not
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This will be my first game event. I joined right at the very tail end of the Anniversary event, too late to participate in it, and I've been waiting eagerly for a real festival. I'm greatly looking forward to seeing how this works and what we get!
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    lientier wrote: »

250k.

thank you
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OMG YEEAAS!

You don't need to use the Cauldron and transform into a skeleton to gain the XP buff! This is sweet.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article The Witches Festival Returns. The ghostly spectre of the Witches Festival has returned to Tamriel! Want to take part in this spooky celebration, enjoy a bonus to XP gains, and earn terrifying rewards? Read our article find everything you need to know about this ghoulish gala.

any chance we have the Hag-Fen witches suit somewhere in store or anywhere to collect it, in case (like mine) you don´t have it yet?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You wont need the whole event to get the achievements. By the second week last year it was just xp grinding.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know? Is the event simply going to turn-on at 10AM or is there a patch or downtime before? Expected a banner before now if there was?
    Edited by SpAEkus on October 19, 2017 11:19PM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    Anyone know? Is the event simply going to turn-on at 10AM or is there a patch or downtime before? Expected a banner before now if there was?

I would also like to know this.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a full list of the new items available (including all new furniture recipes)? Are there new provisioning recipes, or are there only old ones? And what are the new pieces of furnitures available during the event?
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »

I would also like to know this.

It SHOULD just turn on. Thats how the other events have worked so far.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t been on for a while and I noticed I kissed some limited time items. Is there a list or an old article for all the things that came to the crown store this month (I was in hospital). I know I can’t buy them but I want to see what I missed because I was waiting on a few items from the datamined assets.

For example this article doesn’t include the dates that the Black Elk was out. https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26205?Crown-Store-Showcase:-October-2017
    Edited by max_only on October 20, 2017 3:10AM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just had a Reddit question that I couldn't answer, I have always run solo in Witches.
    3.Use the whistle to summon the “Witchmother's Cauldron" and grant you and your party

How does Party bonus work? Do all members have to have done the quest before grouping and then only one has to call the caldron? Or can a non-quest completed character join an already boosted group?
  • Chloekins24
    Chloekins24
    Soul Shriven
    Am I too late to get the crow caller? I can’t find it in the Crown Store.