Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

WINNERS! The BBC's Witches Fest Costume Contest!

hiyde
hiyde
✭✭✭✭✭
eeuzp6m8ds06.jpg

HERE ARE THE WINNERS of The BBC's 3rd Annual Witches Festival / Halloween Costume Contest!

Congrats to all the winners - see you next year!

HUGE thanks to Zenimax for providing killer prizes including 3 winners of 3,000 Crowns, An Exorcised Coven Cottage, a Shadowghost mount and more!

59ee6e604e705-first-prize.png

bai6eaqdtvf0.jpg

59ee709c01cdf-second-prize.png

lvn1pxjy6n56.jpg

59ee73ac57adb-third-prize.png

11oe3s2syhgv.jpg

4th Prize: Mudcrab Pet!

d0pkuc576eow.jpg

5th Prize: Mudcrab Pet!

s4x0gs894x0d.jpg

Random Drawings - Mudcrab Pet Winners!

@nostrudel (PC-NA)
SkeletonBuddie (Playstation)
@Riveano (PC-EU)
@Alpha-Lupi (Xbox)
xNASTYxBUTLERx (Xbox)
@Donhx (PC-NA)

PC-NA Winner of ONE MILLION GOLD from The BBC:
@Echo_ofDragonfire

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Edited by hiyde on November 12, 2017 4:12PM
@Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just want a mudcrab :(
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No EU love :(
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All prizes except one are available to players on all platforms!

The million gold prize is from our guild so it has to just be for our server (PC-NA).
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hiyde wrote: »

All prizes except one are available to players on all platforms!

The million gold prize is from our guild so it has to just be for our server (PC-NA).

Ahh, Sweet, time to go capture some photo's

GvlsWPg.jpg
    Edited by JamieAubrey on October 26, 2017 6:16AM
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BBC for life!
  • Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO
    Entered, can't wait to see what others come up with!
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Entered, can't wait to see what others come up with!

Nice pic, @Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO

59ee95d16f99b-Screenshot_20171023_211500.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJQENZWM3WVIJKG2A&Expires=1511404739&Signature=MBpnOSz0nZHypC8ePJHbpWEQ1dk%3D
    Edited by hiyde on October 24, 2017 1:45AM
  • Sibenice
    Sibenice
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've entered! Cool contest. Can't wait to see the other screenshots. :)

BbfuPgn.png
    Edited by Sibenice on October 24, 2017 4:31AM
  • ArcaneBlue
    ArcaneBlue
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on my work PC and cannot view the bbc website so I just want to confirm, only one submission per player?
    #teamEmeric
  • Kali_Despoine
    Kali_Despoine
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do you make a crazy costume when all there is to use is none spooky themed motifs? What a dumb contest.
    Edited by Kali_Despoine on October 24, 2017 5:27AM
  • mirta000b16_ESO
    mirta000b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    120HHYv.jpg

Floating necro-lizard wizard (aka "come to me, you mortal") and I think my dog's butt is joining in on the contest too.
    Edited by mirta000b16_ESO on October 24, 2017 6:25AM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because of how the prizes are spread out, if i'd win anything I'd rather want 2nd place than 1st.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you make a crazy costume when all there is to use is none spooky themed motifs? What a dumb contest.

Hollowjack, grim harlequin, some belts even have skulls on it. Instead of blabbing away, why don't you see what's out there and be creative. Smh
  • Irfind
    Irfind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Entered :) I think gallery opens at 1 November, since i cant look at the pics ?
    AFFUUZA.jpg
    Edited by Irfind on October 24, 2017 2:09PM
    PC EU no CP PVP
    EP Irfind - Stam NB Dunmer
    EP Iswind - Mag Warden Dunmer
    EP Ko'runa Silberklaue - Mag Temp Khajiit
    EP Eldrid Hagal - Mag DK Dunmer
    EP Feyne R'is - Stam Sorc Dunmer ...with Bow
    EP Wynn Loraethaine - Mag NB Dunmer
    AD Runare Loraethaine - Stam Sorc Altmer
    AD Skadi Hagal - Stam DK Khajiit
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went ahead and entered but I was under the impression all winners would be chosen randomly as opposed to some needing votes? As a mainly solo player with few friends in the game I don't expect to make a big splash but I guess I have nothing to lose.

Anyway thanks for organizing this but I wish it was more than mostly a popularity contest if you are open to constructive criticism.

My entry

LAZJsfG.jpg

Edited by Left4Daud on October 24, 2017 8:45AM
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are houses allowed as locations? I have a sweet idea for when I log back on later.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadzilla wrote: »
    BBC for life!

ifuknowwhatimean.jpg
    @Shadzilla sorry but i couldnt resist, always the twice meaning of words....
    Edited by xSkullfox on October 24, 2017 10:17AM
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • mirta000b16_ESO
    mirta000b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    also I do think that the approach of just selecting a team of judges from your guild and judging live on twitch or something would have been better. Random is well, a bit dumb for competitions, but this will boil down to a popularity contest :P

alternatively voting could have been hosted here, on the forums, with the only votes that count being the ones where people left comments explaining why they like what they do the most. That way, even if it was a popularity contest, you would at least be forced to give feedback rather than mindlessly clicking on an option.
    Edited by mirta000b16_ESO on October 24, 2017 10:29AM
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want a mudcrab :(

mudcrab and monkey...the only 2 pets worth having in game
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THIS ONE's! ALL THIS ONE's!

1gnuY9a.png
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how do you gift crowns and crownstore items?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Geroken777
    Geroken777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you guys will like this reddist tint into the screenshot, good luck everybody!

20171024134847_1.jpg
    Rickter wrote: »
    You don't. The winner's prizes get sent by the developers of the game.
    Edited by Geroken777 on October 24, 2017 12:40PM
    The self-righteous shall choke on their sanctimony.
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are houses allowed as locations? I have a sweet idea for when I log back on later.

Any location you'd like!
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geroken777 wrote: »
    I hope you guys will like this reddist tint into the screenshot, good luck everybody!
    Rickter wrote: »
    You don't. The winner's prizes get sent by the developers of the game.

That's correct. ZOS prizes will be sent to the winners by them.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Left4Daud

Dude, the lighting on that is sweet. I wanna guess Malevolent Offering for the particle effect? Solid use.

@Rickter
    As stated they be thanking ZOS For that, so likely either they got in contact with Gina/Jessica and set something up (cause I mean, at that point its an event hosted by the community, so a huge win on both sides), or Gina/Jessica Contacted them with a question of if they are doing the event again this year.

Mine
    WFx3392.png
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on October 24, 2017 2:05PM
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    @Left4Daud

Dude, the lighting on that is sweet. I wanna guess Malevolent Offering for the particle effect? Solid use.

@Avran_Sylt

Thanks mate! I like the dramatic lighting in your screen as well. Not Malevolent Offering though, rather Fetish of Anger - it's a memento but I can't remember off hand which public dungeon it drops from. As you can see using it gives your character a red aura and changes the color of your screen. :smile:
    also I do think that the approach of just selecting a team of judges from your guild and judging live on twitch or something would have been better. Random is well, a bit dumb for competitions, but this will boil down to a popularity contest :P

alternatively voting could have been hosted here, on the forums, with the only votes that count being the ones where people left comments explaining why they like what they do the most. That way, even if it was a popularity contest, you would at least be forced to give feedback rather than mindlessly clicking on an option.

Just want to say that I agree with this feedback. I probably wouldn't have entered the contest if I knew that getting the top crown prizes involved campaigning for votes. The random prizes are nice but I already have the mudcrab so I wouldn't be able to actually win that. The million gold is nice too but honestly would rather have crowns (which you aren't eligible for in random draws). Just my thoughts.

Edited by Left4Daud on October 24, 2017 7:54PM
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screenshot_20171024_140759.png

here's my entry :)
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Aionna
    Aionna
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the cool contest :)
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put in an entry, but It is a surprise. (I ain't gonna tell you until after, honestly, a true spooktacular fellow knows to leave 'em hanging until the moment when the jumpscare gets you when you least expect it...)
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.