The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Removal of WP/SP Damage from Maelstrom Weapons - Please Reconsider

• xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    I get it you struggled with vma to get a 180 flat boost. Been there done that. You havent said anything different than the 20 posts before you..old news. All i was trying to explain was a way to try to salvage the staff and discuss changes we could make to builds after clockwotk goes live. Its been changed..get over it. Complaining to me about your struggles with vma is not going to change the traits...get over yourself. I i have said before go with nirnhoned to get your flat 10% increase and use a berserker procable enchant and it will outperform any ither combination. You actually come out ahead this way. You dont use the skills the staf WAS MADE FOR its your own fault and therfore gimping yourself. You are the troll sir..coming on here huffing and puffing at me just saying the same old crap...come in here with a solution to the problem instead of looking like a jacka**[/quote]

• IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    come in here with a solution to the problem instead of looking like a jacka**

[/quote]

The solution has been proposed. Make the default enchantment the bonus weapon/spell damage and let it work with poisons. You still get the increased skill damage because that will be a set bonus. Or hell, make damage enchants for weapons.

This lets me play my way and you can play your way.

You're right, 189 damage doesn't make or break a build, but for a 5-3-2 setup that DOES NOT run one of the boosted skills, this is a flat nerf as a plain Rubedite weapon does the same thing. Currently, you can run a vmsa weapon and slot a poison on it if you don't use the boosted skill or don't want the boost. With CWC, sure you can slot a berserker enchant, but now you lose out from the damage from poison as well as the raw stats. That's a lose of 2 bonuses for the gain of 1. Generally, yes this is a buff. But builds exist that use vmsa weapons solely for the raw stat boost. Those builds are nerfed without any viable alternative, aka pidgeon holing.

Take nirnhoned out of the equation. It is available live and will be in CWC. Saying nirn does x means nothing as it currently does the same thing.

I only have 1 toon that uses vma, and it actually benefits from this change. I disagree with the principle.

Also, stop insulting people personally.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IAVITNI wrote: »

The solution has been proposed. Make the default enchantment the bonus weapon/spell damage and let it work with poisons. You still get the increased skill damage because that will be a set bonus. Or hell, make damage enchants for weapons.

You're right, 189 damage doesn't make or break a build, but for a 5-3-2 setup that DOES NOT run one of the boosted skills, this is a flat nerf as a plain Rubedite weapon does the same thing. Currently, you can run a vmsa weapon and slot a poison on it if you don't use the boosted skill or don't want the boost. With CWC, sure you can slot a berserker enchant, but now you lose out from the damage from poison as well as the raw stats. That's a lose of 2 bonuses for the gain of 1. Generally, yes this is a buff. But builds exist that use vmsa weapons solely for the raw stat boost. Those builds are nerfed without any viable alternative, aka pidgeon holing.

Take nirnhoned out of the equation. It is available live and will be in CWC. Saying nirn does x means nothing as it currently does the same thing.

I only have 1 toon that uses vma, and it actually benefits from this change. I disagree with the principle.

Also, stop insulting people personally.[/quote]

Solution? Run a weapon that boosts one of those skills.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »

So now I'm forced to run a skill on my bar that I may not want to?

Like I said, this change does not affect me negatively at all. But the design philosophy is stupid. It needlessly nerf builds that were in no way over performing.

A real solution would be to make the default enchantment the bonus weapon/spell damage and let it work with poisons.

No nerfs. Only buffs. If you want to play a simplified game that essentially dictates what skills to run on your bar, than sure support this change. Skill bars are already tight enough (not too tight imo, about right), and this change just makes you feel like you HAVE to run those skills now.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bow/bow is already in a bad place to where it is barely non existent. Master and Maelstrom weapons keep it alive. This will significantly affect it
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I received a sharp vma 2h last night.

Funny because across 2 patches it went from bis to useless with the sharp nerf and weapon dmg removal.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can now have a nirnhoned maelstrom weapon guys........

You could have one prior...
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭

Also, stop insulting people personally.[/quote]

Wow the change has been made guy. Quit trying to salvage something thats already done and over with. Nirn is so extrmely rare less than 2% of players have that trait on there vma including myself. Its nerfed it is clearly obvious and without the 180 damage boost you will have to run nirn. I am just tired of people coming on this forum and saying the same thing over and over and over and over thinking they have a valid point. No dont take the damage away you should do this instead. It boosted my poison damage. Its gone..move on...adapt and overcome. I know the whole eso community used it for a cheap small boost to weapon damage that has been stated in the other 97 posts before you. I am trying to discuss what we can to do to help the situation and provide new options, but cant because everyone want to argue and fight with me on why its sucks..I KNOW IT SUCKS. Zos made the change not me and were losing the damage end of story. Think of something else to do with the staff bro or decon your vma staff and make a gold rubedite one. I will keep mine and retrait it and use the wall of elements boost in dungeons and the master staff and asylum in pvp cause ibrun 5/3/2. Like i said if you dont use it to boost your skill synergy..which was the whole point of the weapon..find something else. I will play my way which will be my current sharpened lighting vma staff with a NIRN trait with a beserker enchant back bar with my wall of elements skill and watch adds melt while i farm the new sets with ease.
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    You can now have a nirnhoned maelstrom weapon guys........

You could have one prior...

The trait is too rare. I know this it has already been stated.
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭

Like I said, this change does not affect me negatively at all. But the design philosophy is stupid. It needlessly nerf builds that were in no way over performing.

A real solution would be to make the default enchantment the bonus weapon/spell damage and let it work with poisons.

No nerfs. Only buffs. If you want to play a simplified game that essentially dictates what skills to run on your bar, than sure support this change. Skill bars are already tight enough (not too tight imo, about right), and this change just makes you feel like you HAVE to run those skills now.

It was nerfed because after cwc it would have been over performing..but the master staff is in a bad place. Destructive touch dies hit hard in pvp from my experience but still needs some help
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭

I have always ran wall of elements. Every sorc does because they lack class aoe other than liquid lighting. It does suck for other classes but it is what it is. Even on pts right vma weapons are still bis on back bar for mag builds
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It was nerfed because after cwc it would have been over performing..but the master staff is in a bad place. Destructive touch dies hit hard in pvp from my experience but still needs some help

No it wouldn't. Definitely not as far as the staves are concerned
    EU | PC | AD
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

They never tell you all of the rhings they change. On pts right now vma staff with nirn with beserker enchant are out performing all other traits. Even when you are not at pen cap it is still beating sharpened go figure. Since sharpened was beat out by infused with hotr. Now sharpened beats out infused in which infused is now tied with precise. Nirn somehow came out of the shadows and became bis. Which is excactly what i predicted. Those that already have nirn it will suck...but will still be very strong
  • preedb16_ESO2
    preedb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    For those of us who use infused maelstrom staff and do alot of heavy attacking this nerf is going to suck hard..
    A spell dmg glyph on the MA staff will not make up for the loss of 245 spell damage and 403 points lost from the wall of fire bonus.. Especially since I don't really attack with my maelstrom staff since I swap to other bar after casting LL+Blockade, as I want to do the attacking with an infused staff with shock glyph from a 5x set.. And isn't the wpn/spell dmg glyph like 20% chance to proc? So even if I do light->LL->light->Blockade->light->bar swap it will barely proc half the time, and I only swap back to recast LL+Blockade every 8s and the glyph is only 5s duration.. So I MIGHT have an uptime of like 25% on the glyph..
    *sigh*
    I estimate somewhere around 2-3k dps loss from this :( vMA is going to suck even more, especially since I still havent managed to get a nirnhoned lightning staff.. Oh well, maybe maelstrom staff wont even be worth using after this nerf.. Then I can just slit my wrists after all the hard work and time I've put into beating the place and trying to get the weapons I need from there.. :(
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    For those of us who use infused maelstrom staff and do alot of heavy attacking this nerf is going to suck hard..
    A spell dmg glyph on the MA staff will not make up for the loss of 245 spell damage and 403 points lost from the wall of fire bonus.. Especially since I don't really attack with my maelstrom staff since I swap to other bar after casting LL+Blockade, as I want to do the attacking with an infused staff with shock glyph from a 5x set.. And isn't the wpn/spell dmg glyph like 20% chance to proc? So even if I do light->LL->light->Blockade->light->bar swap it will barely proc half the time, and I only swap back to recast LL+Blockade every 8s and the glyph is only 5s duration.. So I MIGHT have an uptime of like 25% on the glyph..
    *sigh*
    I estimate somewhere around 2-3k dps loss from this :( vMA is going to suck even more, especially since I still havent managed to get a nirnhoned lightning staff.. Oh well, maybe maelstrom staff wont even be worth using after this nerf.. Then I can just slit my wrists after all the hard work and time I've put into beating the place and trying to get the weapons I need from there.. :(

No no vma is bis with cwc. And infused does not boost the skill trait on a maelstrom staff just the spell damage portion. Yes you loose a flat increase of spell damage but you can retrait with the transmutation system. Re trait to nirn and it will give you 10% flat damage boost..then enchant with berserker. That is bis right now on pts.
  • preedb16_ESO2
    preedb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    80% uptime on an infused staff with over 400 spell damage i will take anyday over a constant 180 something piece of crap enchant. Good Day

I run infused MA staff, and I will lose 245 spell dmg AND 403 points to the wall of elements effect.. And since I will max do 1-2 light attacks with maelstrom before I swap to my 5x set weapon to do the actual attacking, the uptime on spell dmg glyph on MA staff will be maybe 25% at most..
    So for me that run a heavy attack focused build, it's going to suck HARD.. :(
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    80% uptime on an infused staff with over 400 spell damage i will take anyday over a constant 180 something piece of crap enchant. Good Day

I run infused MA staff, and I will lose 245 spell dmg AND 403 points to the wall of elements effect.. And since I will max do 1-2 light attacks with maelstrom before I swap to my 5x set weapon to do the actual attacking, the uptime on spell dmg glyph on MA staff will be maybe 25% at most..

Infused doesnt effect the wall of elements just the spell damage portion. Scroll up and read my recent posts. Disregard som negative comments i made earlier and i apologize. Just frustrating when your trying to help people and you are met with argument instead of ideas on build changes
  • preedb16_ESO2
    preedb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭

Infused doesnt effect the wall of elements just the spell damage portion. Scroll up and read my recent posts. Disregard som negative comments i made earlier and i apologize. Just frustrating when your trying to help people and you are met with argument instead of ideas on build changes

Are you entirely sure of that because I ran tests with my infused staff and one with charged, and Heavy Attack(Shock) dropped from 12042 to 10620 on the max damage and Heavy Attack(Shock Pulse) went from 16240 to 14927 max damage, and that can't only be from the spell damage going down from 245 to 189...
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    I received a sharp vma 2h last night.

Funny because across 2 patches it went from bis to useless with the sharp nerf and weapon dmg removal.

RIP. :(
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

did you test that?, no. then how would you know. let me break this down for you, my maelstrom/willpower set has around 2500 spell damage right now, another one of my builds that uses 2 5 pc sets and a monster set has around 4000 spell damage.... even if they didn't nerf maelstrom weapons it still wouldn't be as good as the later build.

so again how would you know?.
    Edited by Lucky28 on October 2, 2017 6:33PM
    Invictus
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »

did you test that?, no. then how would you know. let me break this down for you, my maelstrom/willpower set has around 2500 spell damage right now, another one of my builds that uses 2 5 pc sets and a monster set has around 4000 spell damage.... even if they didn't nerf maelstrom weapons it still wouldn't be as good as the later build.

so again how would you know?.

Seriously..still arguing.....sigh go to youtube youtube and type in gilliam the rogue..he posted the updated magicka changes for cwc and its performance on the pts. Currently vma nirnhoned with a beserker enchant is out performing all other traits from his sound and reasonable expert testing. Watch the video for the proof bud
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They never tell you all of the rhings they change. On pts right now vma staff with nirn with beserker enchant are out performing all other traits. Even when you are not at pen cap it is still beating sharpened go figure. Since sharpened was beat out by infused with hotr. Now sharpened beats out infused in which infused is now tied with precise. Nirn somehow came out of the shadows and became bis. Which is excactly what i predicted. Those that already have nirn it will suck...but will still be very strong

You are babbling.

My point is that vMA staff with 189 Spell Damage is not overpowered when compared to the Asylum Staff that gives burning, off balance and maim with near 100% uptime. Ergo it didn't need to be nerfed because it wouldn't be overpeforming.
    Edited by Maulkin on October 2, 2017 6:48PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    I think its hilarious that still people have no clue what to do with there builds and i am tryibg to help...because my staff got nerfed to brother duh...offer solutions nooo everyone just wants to be mad at me for offering up some alternate things to do to salvage your staff and you guys wanna be hateful
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭

Nirnhorned on main

You are babbling.

My point is that vMA staff with 189 Spell Damage is not overpowered when compared to the Asylum Staff that gives burning, off balance and maim with near 100% uptime. Ergo it didn't need to be nerfed because it wouldn't be overpeforming.

189 base damage boost plus ninhoned trait plus beserker enchant( or any enchant in the game you want to run)....hmmm not overpowered? How so?
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    Wall of lighting does proc concussion and off balance as well and destructive touch+knockdown and pulsar+10% decrease in total health by the way
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    So does regukar force pulse without the staff..just at a lower proc chance
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    Overpowered
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    Wall of lighting does proc concussion and off balance as well and destructive touch+knockdown and pulsar+10% decrease in total health by the way

Plus the damage boost to wall of element that the maelstrom staff gives
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    189 base damage boost plus ninhoned trait plus beserker enchant( or any enchant in the game you want to run)....hmmm not overpowered? How so?

You need to stop talking and apply your brain for just 1 second. Maybe you'll get it. Maybe not.
    EU | PC | AD
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    Wow the ignorance of this thread