Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Geometry Exploit in Bruma Dark Anchor

Voroel
Voroel
✭✭
Screenshot_20170928_035150.png
Just letting the Developers know. Guy kept hiding inside the central structure where he could not get hit....the moment he got out and was attacked he went "inside" again to avoid damage.
Employed siege from hidden spot to kill guards too

You can only see a part of his alliance shield, the character itself is "invisible"
Edited by Voroel on September 28, 2017 4:22PM
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That might not even be his fault. Sometimes the collision on objects are nonexistent for individual players depending on their computer. On my old Macbook, there were lots of times where the terrain south of Sejanus and Nikel didn't load and I could fall "through" the ground while other players walked above me. The Bruma dolmen is another place something like that has happened.
    Xs36efM.png

LoW2wBu.jpg

r3deCGM.jpg

ed86785743064060b1c769ba9ef6a0ad.png

ruIySMP.jpg

8jTUymk.jpg

x9Q1Gik.jpg

w3o7lAH.jpg
    Edited by Alpheu5 on September 28, 2017 4:57PM
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I missed my opportunity, lucky person; down there. I have, always wanted to go; in the hole. Many times, I've tried. Many times I have failed. I just need, to find a; Enemy NB to steal.
    Edited by Serjustin19 on September 28, 2017 5:04PM
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    That might not even be his fault. Sometimes the collision on objects are nonexistent for individual players depending on their computer. On my old Macbook, there were lots of times where the terrain south of Sejanus and Nikel didn't load and I could fall "through" the ground while other players walked above me. The Bruma dolmen is another place something like that has happened.
    Xs36efM.png

LoW2wBu.jpg

r3deCGM.jpg

ruIySMP.jpg

8jTUymk.jpg

x9Q1Gik.jpg

w3o7lAH.jpg
    Xs36efM.png

LoW2wBu.jpg

r3deCGM.jpg

ruIySMP.jpg

8jTUymk.jpg

x9Q1Gik.jpg

w3o7lAH.jpg

Just stop with the excuses.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is old news. I used to be be able to do the same thing but with the dolmen above Bleakers back when lich still used to drop in cyro. Oh man how much time wasted on that *** only to randomly get the staff from a pledge later on...
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ackwalan wrote: »
    Xs36efM.png

LoW2wBu.jpg

r3deCGM.jpg

ruIySMP.jpg

8jTUymk.jpg

x9Q1Gik.jpg

w3o7lAH.jpg

I'm not making excuses. If you'd actually looked at any of the multiple screenshots I provided, you'd notice that over the course of many months this sort of physics problem popped up. Something like having the lower third of Cyrodiil inaccessible isn't exactly convenient.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xs36efM.png

LoW2wBu.jpg

r3deCGM.jpg

ruIySMP.jpg

8jTUymk.jpg

x9Q1Gik.jpg

w3o7lAH.jpg
    Xs36efM.png

LoW2wBu.jpg

r3deCGM.jpg

ruIySMP.jpg

8jTUymk.jpg

x9Q1Gik.jpg

w3o7lAH.jpg

It's a fact though. It's happened to many of us. Sometimes pixels don't load. Take your tin foil hat off ffs.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had entire keep walls and such not render for me and was able to walk right in if I had chosen to do so, been feared/dizzying swing'ed inside rocks and under floors and I can't tell you how many people I've seen stuck under the porch at Bleakers running around with their head above ground trying to escape.

That said, deliberately using a glitch for combat is not kosher.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xs36efM.png

LoW2wBu.jpg

r3deCGM.jpg

ruIySMP.jpg

8jTUymk.jpg

x9Q1Gik.jpg

w3o7lAH.jpg

I'm not making excuses. If you'd actually looked at any of the multiple screenshots I provided, you'd notice that over the course of many months this sort of physics problem popped up. Something like having the lower third of Cyrodiil inaccessible isn't exactly convenient.
    Elong wrote: »
    Xs36efM.png

LoW2wBu.jpg

r3deCGM.jpg

ruIySMP.jpg

8jTUymk.jpg

x9Q1Gik.jpg

w3o7lAH.jpg

It's a fact though. It's happened to many of us. Sometimes pixels don't load. Take your tin foil hat off ffs.

If it happens once it is an accident, if you keep going back to the same spot to hide in a glitch, it is an exploit. Stop making excuses.

• Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xs36efM.png

LoW2wBu.jpg

r3deCGM.jpg

ruIySMP.jpg

8jTUymk.jpg

x9Q1Gik.jpg

w3o7lAH.jpg

Xs36efM.png

LoW2wBu.jpg

r3deCGM.jpg

ruIySMP.jpg

8jTUymk.jpg

x9Q1Gik.jpg

w3o7lAH.jpg

If it happens once it is an accident, if you keep going back to the same spot to hide in a glitch, it is an exploit. Stop making excuses.

Stop being so incredibly but hurt over something that is more comical than anything.
  • Voroel
    Voroel
    ✭✭
    Ackwalan:
    "If it happens once it is an accident, if you keep going back to the same spot to hide in a glitch, it is an exploit. Stop making excuses."

He did so dozens of times....over an hour of this going on...
    Edited by Voroel on September 28, 2017 11:42PM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xs36efM.png

LoW2wBu.jpg

r3deCGM.jpg

ruIySMP.jpg

8jTUymk.jpg

x9Q1Gik.jpg

w3o7lAH.jpg

Xs36efM.png

LoW2wBu.jpg

r3deCGM.jpg

ruIySMP.jpg

8jTUymk.jpg

x9Q1Gik.jpg

w3o7lAH.jpg

Stop being so incredibly but hurt over something that is more comical than anything.

Stop cheating. It is just that simple.

• Voroel
    Voroel
    ✭✭
    Elong:
    "Stop being so incredibly but hurt over something that is more comical than anything."

It was kinda of funny in the first 5 minutes, granted...and it did not make the game "terrible broken" or anything....but after a while it got pretty annoying (and unfair) specially after he started to use siege....

Don't even think the guy must be banned.....just want the geometry fixed, that's all.
    Edited by Voroel on September 29, 2017 12:09AM
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I missed my opportunity, lucky person; down there. I have, always wanted to go; in the hole. Many times, I've tried. Many times I have failed. I just need, to find a; Enemy NB to steal.

By the way, my thing was an example. It’s possible enemy NB can fear you inside that hole. Since it's in Cyrodiil, enemy NB tried to fear while on dolman.

You be really, surprised what NB; can do. I have seen, so many things due to NB fear. I know for certain it's NB fear. I'm a NB after all (currently).

Also even watched an ally, accidentally. Fear an enemy, inside a tree. NB fear causes so many bugs. It’s unbelievable, no offense. Even fear enemy underneath keep floor.

I totally believe this person evolved, is not guilty of any crime. I totally believe it was unintentional. I totally believe,it was NB Fear that caused. This pour soul, go down the drain. I mean hole....
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

By the way, my thing was an example. It’s possible enemy NB can fear you inside that hole. Since it's in Cyrodiil, enemy NB tried to fear while on dolman.

You be really, surprised what NB; can do. I have seen, so many things due to NB fear. I know for certain it's NB fear. I'm a NB after all (currently).

Also even watched an ally, accidentally. Fear an enemy, inside a tree. NB fear causes so many bugs. It’s unbelievable, no offense. Even fear enemy underneath keep floor.

I totally believe this person evolved, is not guilty of any crime. I totally believe it was unintentional. I totally believe,it was NB Fear that caused. This pour soul, go down the drain. I mean hole....

You can't fear yourself into geometry.

• soll
    soll
    ✭✭✭
    That's some really old bug, at least like 1 year, not sure exactly. Happens randomly.
    Once even got it by myself without any idea how, I was just able to go through textures :|
    EU PC
    I like to heal
    Triggered Tryhards/ HighRisk
    EP – Sollencia
    AD – Sollencia Overdose
    When you've invested time and money into a company, you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay.

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I gave you an awesome just for using the word 'Geometry' in your threat title.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Voroel wrote: »
    Elong:
    "Stop being so incredibly but hurt over something that is more comical than anything."

It was kinda of funny in the first 5 minutes, granted...and it did not make the game "terrible broken" or anything....but after a while it got pretty annoying (and unfair) specially after he started to use siege....

Don't even think the guy must be banned.....just want the geometry fixed, that's all.

Agreed it's annoying the game can break, totally agree. At least you can have a laugh about it, unlike the white knight in this thread. It's happened to me, and happened against me. Best thing to do is simply walk away.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xs36efM.png

LoW2wBu.jpg

r3deCGM.jpg

ruIySMP.jpg

8jTUymk.jpg

x9Q1Gik.jpg

w3o7lAH.jpg
    Xs36efM.png

LoW2wBu.jpg

r3deCGM.jpg

ruIySMP.jpg

8jTUymk.jpg

x9Q1Gik.jpg

w3o7lAH.jpg

Yep. On my older PC happened all the time.
  • bikerangelo
    bikerangelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    His fault or not, the definition of an exploit is any game system that is not functioning as intended and provides players a unique advantage over others. This has happened several times before and isn't always intentional, but it's up to the player to either exercise that advantage or walk away. Since it can't be reliably replicated, it really falls on zos to fix this before they start banning people like they did with broken gap closers.
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    His fault or not, the definition of an exploit is any game system that is not functioning as intended and provides players a unique advantage over others. This has happened several times before and isn't always intentional, but it's up to the player to either exercise that advantage or walk away. Since it can't be reliably replicated, it really falls on zos to fix this before they start banning people like they did with broken gap closers.

You mean we're not supposed to be able to fall into the void and get teleported back at the wayshrine when we fall far enough? I thought it was part of the lore.

TIL
  • bikerangelo
    bikerangelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    His fault or not, ex

You mean we're not supposed to be able to fall into the void and get teleported back at the wayshrine when we fall far enough? I thought it was part of the lore.

TIL

Nah that still happens whenever you gap close into a loading screen, not to be confused with the Molag Bal bunker beneath the anchors.
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    This issue has been going on for so long. I had this when I did this dolmen 2 years ago and these 2 DC's kept going inside as soon their health start dropping. At full health they came out to go back in and so on.

It should get fixed!