The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

PTS Update 16 - Feedback Thread for Asylum Sanctorium

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the new Trial, Asylum Sanctorium. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Did you enjoy this new Trial?
  • What level and build was the character you used?
  • Did you make it through the entire Trial? If so, how long did it take you?
  • Was it clear how to activate the different difficulties?
  • Which was your favorite boss or moment in this Trial?
  • How did the difficulty compare to existing Trials on Normal and Veteran versions?
  • Did you feel the rewards you received was worth the time investment?
  • Which was your favorite reward that you received?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did you enjoy this new Trial?
    Yes! It was a nice change of pace from the longer trials, it'll be interesting to try to push speed in this trial.

What level and build was the character you used?
    Max CP rank healer with spc/worm.

Did you make it through the entire Trial? If so, how long did it take you?
    We cleared Veteran mode, once we figured out mechanics we cleared in 45mins first time.

Was it clear how to activate the different difficulties?
    Yes.

Which was your favorite boss or moment in this Trial?
    I liked figuring out the last boss execute mechanic. It was pretty fun.

How did the difficulty compare to existing Trials on Normal and Veteran versions?
    It's way easier, but I think HM is going to be a bit rough on Veteran, but we'll see.

Did you feel the rewards you received was worth the time investment?
    Feels like the rewards are a bit too much, honestly. Receiving Asylum weapons on normal mode was a little too easy when we did do a normal mode, everyone seemed to have gotten a weapon. On Vet the rewards seem fine.

Which was your favorite reward that you received?
    An Asylum 2H.

Do you have any other general feedback?
    You can't see the AoEs on the NB boss. There needs to be a more clear indicator on it because it ticks for a lot of damage and it's really hard to position the boss and the group. All of the trials have clear indicators for AoEs, and it really doesn't make sense that this boss specifically doesn't have that. It's incredibly frustrating, especially as a healer.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it was quite funny

MAX CP stam DK 5xTFS 5x Hunding 2x Asylum Daggers VMA Bow

unfortuatly we where only 7 ppl and tried on normal mode
    first we tried "HM" for a few times to see how things would be in vet and how the mechanics are
    then we did the 2 mini bosses
    then tried the endboss without HM

Didnt complete it cause ppl needed to go

Thats pretty clear, the statues help aswell

The Nightblade bossfight was pretty funny

How did the difficulty compare to existing Trials on Normal and Veteran versions?

Imo it seems to be in a good place atm

Actually im against getting Asylumweapons in Normalmode, if you like to keep that, make the difference between perfected and unperfected bigger.
    (5seconds compared to 4 seconds on destrostaff seems like a joke), maybe make it 3sec (perf weapon) to 6 sec (unperf weapon) for example

Since we didnt complete it i didnt get any "favourite" drops^^

The bleeding aoes form the nightblade boss need to have a AOE color.
    The endboss'es theodolites which give him DMG immunity need to have better hitboxes, sometimes they weren't targetable :/
    The Endboss sometimes started his Steamcleave on the tank and turend arround during the animation, not sure if thats intended?^^

Edited by SaintSubwayy on September 19, 2017 1:37PM
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    • Did you enjoy this new Trial? It was good until the final 30% of the last boss
    • What level and build was the character you used? Max CP Magicka Templar
    • Did you make it through the entire Trial? If so, how long did it take you? No, the last boss didn't get below 20%
    • Was it clear how to activate the different difficulties? Yes
    • Which was your favorite boss or moment in this Trial? The final boss would have been very fun without the OP fire mechanic.
    • How did the difficulty compare to existing Trials on Normal and Veteran versions? Way over the top at the last 30% of the last boss. The first two bosses were much easier than other normal trials, and the first 70% of the last boss was about equal to other normal trial final bosses.
    • Did you feel the rewards you received was worth the time investment? Not really
    • Which was your favorite reward that you received? The emptiness in my soul
    • Do you have any other general feedback? The final boss is way OP in its final stages. It needs to be evened out. I don't mind enrage mechanics, but an unavoidable aoe 1 shot dot is too much (especially on normal) obviously people will say "just doge it, or run out of it" the issue is that the telegraph and red circle is so short that you don't have time to actually move out if its aiming for you, and dogging only works sometimes if you do it at the exact right second.

In my opinion the last boss needs to be easier in its final stages, and the first two bosses can be made harder to compensate (they were very easy). In particular, the fire damage needs to either not be a 1 shot, or have a way to stop it from happening (like hold the boss in a certain bubble, and the fire gets reflected to not hit anywhere else. But the boss would be invincible while in the bubble so you can't just keep it in there). The shock aoes are difficult and cause chaos, which can be a good thing, but they are avoidable and manageable with enough effort and focus, the fire is just too much.

Additionally, the final boss is not very melee friendly, you need to look way up to be able to actually target it. The targeting area needs to be lower to the ground.
    Edited by Tyrobag on September 20, 2017 3:54PM
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »

In my opinion the last boss needs to be easier in its final stages, and the first two bosses can be made harder to compensate (they were very easy). In particular, the fire damage needs to either not be a 1 shot, or have a way to stop it from happening (like hold the boss in a certain bubble, and the fire gets reflected to not hit anywhere else. But the boss would be invincible while in the bubble so you can't just keep it in there). The shock aoes are difficult and cause chaos, which can be a good thing, but they are avoidable and manageable with enough effort and focus, the fire is just too much.

Additionally, the final boss is not very melee friendly, you need to look way up to be able to actually target it. The targeting area needs to be lower to the ground.

Granted, we did it on normal, but we found stacking as a group for the fire AOE prevented getting destroyed. Not sure if it was because the healers were spamming Purge or it was actually intended that you stack up, but food for thought?I think there is, however, an issue where the telegraph for this attack (the circle) seems to be smaller than the actual effect of the attack.

Agree completely though, the boss is a pain for melee.
  • Talrol
    Talrol
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for the new Trial, Asylum Sanctorium. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • Did you enjoy this new Trial? Yes we did
    • What level and build was the character you used? CP 540 Magicka Warden Healer
    • Did you make it through the entire Trial? If so, how long did it take you? We got last boss to burn phase but too many glitches
    • Which was your favorite boss or moment in this Trial? Last boss trying to figure out the mechanics
    • How did the difficulty compare to existing Trials on Normal and Veteran versions? We only attempted normal
    • Did you feel the rewards you received was worth the time investment? We did not complete
    • Which was your favorite reward that you received? NA
    • Do you have any other general feedback? The AOEs that the main boss have do not display properly, it is impossible to tell where some of them are.

• ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    You can't see the AoEs on the NB boss. There needs to be a more clear indicator on it because it ticks for a lot of damage and it's really hard to position the boss and the group. All of the trials have clear indicators for AoEs, and it really doesn't make sense that this boss specifically doesn't have that. It's incredibly frustrating, especially as a healer.

Next patch, we put a ring telegraph around the Shrapnel Storm which should alleviate this issue.
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Staff Post
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Did you enjoy this new Trial? It was good until the final 30% of the last boss
    • Did you make it through the entire Trial? If so, how long did it take you? No, the last boss didn't get below 20%
    • Which was your favorite boss or moment in this Trial? The final boss would have been very fun without the OP fire mechanic.
    • How did the difficulty compare to existing Trials on Normal and Veteran versions? Way over the top at the last 30% of the last boss. The first two bosses were much easier than other normal trials, and the first 70% of the last boss was about equal to other normal trial final bosses.
    • Did you feel the rewards you received was worth the time investment? Not really
    • Do you have any other general feedback? The final boss is way OP in its final stages. It needs to be evened out. I don't mind enrage mechanics, but an unavoidable aoe 1 shot dot is too much (especially on normal) obviously people will say "just doge it, or run out of it" the issue is that the telegraph and red circle is so short that you don't have time to actually move out if its aiming for you, and dogging only works sometimes if you do it at the exact right second.

And if you have bad ping like I do in Australia there is nothing you can do... In its current state I don't think I will ever survive it haha
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • evedgebah
    evedgebah
    ✭✭✭
    - Yes, it's very fun on the whole.

- Maxed CP DPS Magicka Templar, both ranged build and melee build.

- Completed on Normal, Took about an hour of actual combat time. Was not able to finish Veteran difficulty, due to the fire AoE at execute being mechanically broken. The call-out does not match the damage area (I.E. being in/out of the art had nothing to do with getting hit or not).

- Crystal clear.

- I most enjoyed the main boss. My favorite moment was realizing how his execute Mechanic SHOULD work, and trying to figure out how to combat it.

- Sub bosses are a bit easy on their own, especially the poison cone one (forgot name at the moment). I feel they're about right when combined with main boss.

- Once fixed, I feel the rewards will be.

- So far, the skin, but it will be...the skin. It looks very cool. Weapons are a close 2nd.

- Fix the execute AoE synchronization, it makes vet mode nigh impossible to complete.
    - Slightly buff the sub-bosses when fought alone, keep them the same when with the main boss.
    - There is no legitimate way to re-enter the main boss arena if you disconnect. Being honest with ourselves, it's a realistic expectation that basically results in a forced wipe, or one person sitting out until the group finishes. Please add a legitimate way to enter the boss fight once started (this request goes for all trials except AA).
    - Please add dye stations to trial waiting areas (all of them). It's boring waiting for groups to port in and form up.
    - Last boss is very awkward for melee due to his hit box while flying.
    - I know you're already working on it, but the stomp mechanic causes horrible screen lag.
    - Pets get targeted by the main boss's lightning mechanic, I don't know if that's intended, but it really hurts the group (especially melee) if let's are used. Either state officially that's intended, or adjust it so they're not targeted directly. This is an issue for multiple trials: Chain lightning in AA and missiles in HoF stand out the most.
    - The trial is beautiful. The NPCs are fun. I'm especially fond of the merchant, it's a nice touch.
    - I liked how the sub boss statues changed their stance when defeated.
    Edited by evedgebah on September 23, 2017 12:51AM
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

And if you have bad ping like I do in Australia there is nothing you can do... In its current state I don't think I will ever survive it haha

PURGE is all I say to people that find the execute OP.... You can cleanse the "trial by fire" dot it puts on you.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • T3hasiangod
    T3hasiangod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Did you enjoy this new Trial?

Yes
    • What level and build was the character you used?

Did it on my max CP non-pet magsorc. 5x Juli + 3x Moondancer + 2x Ilambris + 1x infused Asylum Lightning + 1x infused vMA lightning with Lover Mundus
    • Did you make it through the entire Trial? If so, how long did it take you?
      [/lsit]

We finished it on normal, pulling each boss individually to learn each mechanic. Took us about 2 hours to complete total. Taking away time from people DC-ing and finding replacements, probably around an hour and a half.
      • Was it clear how to activate the different difficulties?

While we didn't do "normal HM", it was clear how to activate it.
      • Which was your favorite boss or moment in this Trial?

Final boss is definitely my favorite.
      • How did the difficulty compare to existing Trials on Normal and Veteran versions?

First two bosses were cakewalk on Normal. Not much harder than a mid-way boss in a vet dungeon. Didn't do them on Vet, but based on the mechanics we saw, it would be likely to say that they'd still be fairly easy on vet difficulty. The final boss gave us the most trouble as we were learning mechanics, but once we got it down, it turned out to be fairly equivalent to other normal trials.
      • Did you feel the rewards you received was worth the time investment?

I think it might be a bit too generous. The Imperfect Asylum weapons are not that much different from Perfect Asylum weapons. In my testing, the Imperfect Destro Staff pulled only about 2 to 3 percent lower than the Perfect Destro. I don't feel like you should necessarily get an Imperfect Asylum for doing the trial on the easiest difficulty.
      • Which was your favorite reward that you received?

Only did it once and got a powered Imperfect Lightning Asylum Staff.
      • Do you have any other general feedback?

One of the mini-bosses needs to have a clear telegraph on one of their AoEs (NB mini-boss). Main boss's fire execute move is inconsistent; sometimes you'd die and not be in the telegraph and sometimes you'd live. Mini-bosses feel like they need a buff. Consider removing Imperfect Asylum weapons from non-HM normal, because it feels too easy to get an Imperfect Asylum, which isn't a huge difference from Perfect Asylum. Perhaps make them drop from HM normal?
    PC/NA - Mayflower, Hellfire Dominion

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor - Voice of Reason - Gryphon Heart - The Unchained - Extinguisher of Flames

Tank - Healer - DPS (all classes, all specs)

Youtube - Twitch
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bust for completing vAS is missing its pedestal--all other trials busts come with pedestals.

l2sYAUv.png
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this hard mode fight, or all of the trial, balanced around max CP and perfect gear set choices, or just around veteran which starts at CP 160?

Serious question considering the recent more difficult changes. You're testing these fights on PTS with perfect maxed out template characters, or copied much higher than average characters, trying to balance a fight for the average player to complete AND enjoy, which won't be enjoyable at all if can't be completed.

Has this EVER come up in any PTS as a flaw in the testing? It sounds pretty major and biased.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See above

2 hours to complete on normal one boss at a time with a max CP character....

Something seems terribly wrong with that. See my above post for more also.
  • T3hasiangod
    T3hasiangod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this hard mode fight, or all of the trial, balanced around max CP and perfect gear set choices, or just around veteran which starts at CP 160?

Serious question considering the recent more difficult changes. You're testing these fights on PTS with perfect maxed out template characters, or copied much higher than average characters, trying to balance a fight for the average player to complete AND enjoy, which won't be enjoyable at all if can't be completed.

Has this EVER come up in any PTS as a flaw in the testing? It sounds pretty major and biased.

FWIW, when I ran it with one of my guilds, we had a number of people who came on their mains, who were not maxed CP.

And in any case, having max CP and perfect gear doesn't mean squat. I've run plenty of pug dungeons with max CP people who couldn't pull out more than 8k DPS. I've worked with people who had the BiS gear, completely golded out, that could pull higher DPS than a max CP character. I've worked with max CP BiS toons that couldn't pull higher than 20k DPS.

Knowing your build and rotation is far more important than CP and gear. You don't know your rotation? You ain't pulling the 45k that some top-tier players are posting.

Not to mention that this is a vet trial. All the other vet trials have been cleared by non-max CP characters. Even HM trials have been cleared before by non-max CP characters, because people know the mechanics of the fight and their rotations were spot on.

This content is designed to be end-game. The normal version of this trial can be easily completed with CP 160 toons, so long as they know the mechanics. The vet version will require people to not only know mechanics, but also their rotations, their builds, etc. Veteran end-game content was never designed, and should never be designed, so the "average player" could just waltz in and get a clear.

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor - Voice of Reason - Gryphon Heart - The Unchained - Extinguisher of Flames

Youtube - Twitch
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

FWIW, when I ran it with one of my guilds, we had a number of people who came on their mains, who were not maxed CP.

And in any case, having max CP and perfect gear doesn't mean squat.

That's a fallacy or a bold-faced lie.

Yes, people can just suck wind and their CP doesn't help, but also even if you are good, you are missing a lot of power, like 10% buffs to your max stats because you're not at CP300 when you are at the CP160 to do this supposedly.

Max-CP does alter the results quite a lot in testing.
    Also, how can you differentiate between skill and stats for the hard ode, which should be skill, if it always has max stats altering the results?

It seems to me that they need to test this with a hard cap at CP160 and with crafted and overland gear, which can be expected for anybody just getting into veteran dungeons and then let their skill show how hard the content really is.
    That would be more logical, better and also more fair to everyone.
  • T3hasiangod
    T3hasiangod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it's not. I've seen and met people with less than half the current CP cap clear vMoL. As a tank.

This is more of a "git gud" scenario than a "I need the BiS gear". Back in Homestead, I pulled about 31k on a 3m on my magsorc, with less than 500 CP. When I hit the CP cap? I only gained maybe like 1k to 2k DPS. CP means relatively little when compared to mastering your rotation, especially due to the changes in Morrowind.

Seriously, learn the mechanics. Learn your rotation. Plenty of non-max CP toons can pull 25k+ DPS on live right now with sub-optimal gear. Stop depending on CP or gear as an excuse.

Youtube - Twitch
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it's not. I've seen and met people with less than half the current CP cap clear vMoL. As a tank.

1) That's still about 300 CP, not 160CP.
    And if CP didn't matter then they could complete it at level 50 with the granted CP10.

2) Champion Points buff your max magicka and stamina and health up to a maximum of 20% at CP300, lower below that. As a tank, they should be stacking some health buffs that would then get buffed by that 20%.

3) That's Maw of Lorkhaj, not the current trial, and you didn't even say if it was hard mode.
    Veteran mode should be the entry level at CP160 with Veteran Hard Mode being "for skilled players" or "more CP to compensate for lower skill"(if they want to do it that way).

4) What if they didn't spend their champion points on "the communally agreed to best stats"? Are they doomed to failure?

I'm just asking for somebody to actually consider the effect Champion Points have on this balance testing and actually give us word on whether they consider veteran mode for CP160 anymore or if they moved the goalposts to max-CP and how much different is hard mode?

Also, it couldn't hurt if people took that into account when they answer the question "how did you feel the difficulty was" when they feel like it was just right with the perfect monster helm set and trial dropped sets and CP690(or CP3600 in the future) and note accordingly.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, learn the mechanics. Learn your rotation. Plenty of non-max CP toons can pull 25k+ DPS on live right now with sub-optimal gear. Stop depending on CP or gear as an excuse.

FYI, I'm at cp565 on my main Templar and can solo most world bosses and Shada's Tear in Craglorn as well as Skyreach Pinnacle without Aetherion coming down after the first time his core shows, meaning I burned his core down, but I don't know how anyone gets over 20k dps let alone doing so without dying to the first big hit.

Every time I see those "easily gets over 25k dps" I think those players must be cheating or they don't have a clue how the number is calculated and are counting all the AoE splash or something artificially inflated.

I am pretty sure my dps is more like 10k, and I don't see how this trial can be balanced right if it counts on the dps being so crazy high without being more squishy than a skeever.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on September 27, 2017 12:37AM
  • T3hasiangod
    T3hasiangod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically, you want vet trials (i.e. endgame content) to be easily accessible and clearable by CP 160 individuals?

No. Don't move the goalposts down. Move everyone else up, or incentivize it so people want to get better to clear end-game content. If everyone can clear end-game content, then it isn't end-game anymore. It completely destroys the reason why there's difficult content in the first place.

Youtube - Twitch
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically, you want vet trials (i.e. endgame content) to be easily accessible and clearable by CP 160 individuals?

No. Don't move the goalposts down.

Hello? Veteran has always meant cp160.
    Did you NOT see what the achievement for Veteran Maw of Lorkhaj said about the Dro-M'athra skin? The achievement on live still says "Defeat Rakkhat, Fang of Lorkhaj and his legions of dro-m'Athra in Veteran Maw of Lorkhaj while the Trial is scaled to Champion 160." last I checked. They are patching it to remove the now superfluous description of veteran, but that is still what veteran means.

Edit:
    Either that or veteran is anything above cp10 or the old VR14 at cp140, but that would be even lower and make it even farther away from what you view as veteran but that is where "veteran ranks" came from as low as VR1.
    It seems nobody really remembers what veteran means.

Also, why do lower CP characters have the ability to get into vet content at all then? Other games block characters that are too weak from suicidal content, a lot of times because of the increased xp if they are carried through.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on September 27, 2017 12:44AM
  • T3hasiangod
    T3hasiangod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it hasn't. Veteran has always referenced "above level 50". Maybe you weren't around for this, but there used to be Veteran levels instead of CzP. CP was introduced as the replacement for the old VR system. VR 1 was equivalent to CP 10. VR 16 was equivalent to CP 160.

So no, my point still stands. If anyone at CP 160 could do end-game content, then it isn't end-game anymore. If there isn't any difficult content or achievements to go for, then there's no reason for raiding, no reason to call it end-game.

Again, this is a case of "git gud". Sorry to say it, but the end-game is called the end-game for a reason: it takes time and dedication to get those achievements. The end-game isn't designed for the average casual player.

Youtube - Twitch
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it hasn't. Veteran has always referenced "above level 50".

So how far "above level 50"?

You're saying you have to be cp300+ to complete veteran content with your above posts and that this new trial is meant for that or higher.
    What about cp10 which "is above level 50"?

I've seen more posts with people testing content at "cp561+" than people testing it with a template at cp10 and easily available gear to where you can actually see if skill matters.

Sorry, but you saw my point and then missed it still somehow.

Edit:
    My point is they use the word "veteran" to describe the hardest level of content, but you seem to think they don't mean "anything above level 50" which you say IS veteran.
    Perhaps you mean they should stop calling it veteran and call it "don't try this until you're done getting every skill point and champion cap 690+ and perfect gear" or some shorter word meaning that?
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on September 27, 2017 12:52AM
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, endgame has very very many defining markers in many games, but it has always meant one main thing..."leveling is technically done and you now are ready for the top tier content".
    That often means max gear stats or just the fact that you hit max level. It is always tied to a milestone that is easily distinguished.

ESO once had only the one milestone, level 50. They added the veteran ranks and higher gear after that. Now VR16/cp160 is the max gear, potentially being the next milestone.

They still have not differentiated anything from being above level 50 versus being above cp160 though. All are still considered veteran.
    Therefore, I don't think it is too much to ask for a definition of what they consider veteran and what this "veteran content" is designed around.

Edit:
    For a second, I thought them defining what "veteran" means would help with groups being more welcoming of more people at endgame, but that only lasted a second because nobody who runs those groups cares about anything but the easiest fastest run.
    It would definitely help others know when they may be ready to try though and thus increase the amount of people, reducing queue times.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on September 27, 2017 1:17AM
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The newest DLC vet dungeons are always aimed at near max-cap players. Then they are nerfed a few months down the road.

I don't see that changing anytime, and I certainly don't see vet content being generated with CP160's in mind.

The entire vet dungeon is aimed at the high CP player. And hard mode of the final boss is aimed at the max-CP, skilled player
  • Inig0
    Inig0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello for context i have completed this trial on normal vet and vet hm. All on pts cycle 3.2.0. havent had the chance for vet hm in 3.2.1

yes. i enjoy how its just one fight with no trash before hand.
    i was max level max cp on a dk tank running torugs warden alkosh.
    yes. it took us about 40mins to figure out the titan boss mechanics solo.
    yes
    when he does the lightning rain animation. so epic.
    3.2.0 was not the hardest. just some bs rng. 3.2.1 seems like they increased damage to add artificial difficulty which just makes people rage when you get one shot to something with no time to counter.
    definitely not. vet hm weapon should be better.
    the skin i guess
    the defile needs to be reworked. maybe add 5 seconds between animation being displayed to when the damage goes out. IF its going to one shot people 85% of the time.

overall though i usually enjoy the fights. its a great change in pace as far as the format goes. where you just get right into it.
    GM: Mechanically Challenged
    In game - @Inig0
    Sorc - Inigo- Beautiful Chocolate Man
    NB - Raphiki - Beautiful Chocolate Man
    Temp - Ineegø - ınıgo
    DK - Inigø - Alfeus - Down for Maintenance
    Warden - Help I Made a Warden
    PC NA
    Youtube Stuffs
    Only the best memes die twice
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead

We generally balance Veteran Content to CP 300 as thats the point at which you no longer gain Attributes for star picks. Hard Modes are usually intended for CP 600+ players.
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Staff Post
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn The time between the spawns of the shielding spheres should be increased. We kill one, get a couple of rotations on the boss, and oh, there's another. It feels like we spend all our time running back and forth between the boss and the next sphere. It just feels tedious.

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn How many tanks is Olms+0 designed for? It seems that the Llothis battle would benefit the most from having two tanks, a bit less so with Felms, and on Olms, the OT has literally nothing to do. During the Olms fight, our MT lost internet for several minutes and the OT solo-tanked Olms without any issue during that time, and I expect that the entire Olms fight to be solo-tankable if both Felms and Llothis were disabled beforehand.
    Edited by code65536 on September 29, 2017 12:27PM

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suggested completion rewards:
    • Non-vet: 1x Non-perfected weapon
    • Vet: 1x Perfected weapon
    • Vet HM: 2x Perfected weapons

Getting the exact same rewards on normal and on vet doesn't seem quite right (come on, 4x purple upgrade mats is nothing in this game). Vet is reasonably accessible by people who have the level of skill needed to complete vMA (thus similar accessibility between Maelstrom and Asylum weapons). And right now, trial hardmodes are all about score and prestige (achievements, titles, etc.)--never before has player power been gated behind a hardmode, and limiting Perfected to only Olms+2 is a break from that tradition.
    Edited by code65536 on October 3, 2017 3:31PM

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • xiaiceyan
    xiaiceyan
    1. Did you enjoy this new Trial?
      Yes, love the no adds phase design and straight forward change of difficulty level. The fight would be much more epic without the random fps drop and some one shot mechanics, which imo is a bit too overpowered.
    2. What level and build was the character you used?
      Max CP NA copy, magsorcDD and magdkTank
    3. Did you make it through the entire Trial? If so, how long did it take you?
      Cleared Vet under 50 min first run.
    4. Was it clear how to activate the different difficulties?
      Yes.
    5. Which was your favorite boss or moment in this Trial?
      Olms, when he jumps around and causing our fps drop to 2 is both funny and sad on PTS.
    6. How did the difficulty compare to existing Trials on Normal and Veteran versions?
      I like the normal version of the trial is less brainless compared to the Craglorn ones. You actually need to care about mechanics in the normal. Vet is fine once you figure out the mechanics.
      Now, Vet HM: It is clear after the 3.2.2 update, developers is forcing some type of play style in this trial, which I personally don't like when you force a player into one style and install glass ceiling on a particular way of execution in trials. Well you can say the current HM is too easy, but a trial is designed for a broader audience instead of a handful of great players. If you would increase the HM difficulty, please also reconsider for some asylum weapons, the difference in perfect and non-perfect is marginal, which would discourage players going for HM runs. Some of the mechanics in HM is just too RNG based and with little to no time for even a good player to avoid, not to mention Olms and Llothis would sometimes stack their damage on a single player (20k+20k dmg insta death). Now with the enrage mechanics of the two mini boss and both of them jumping back and forth, I would say zos really changed this fight a little too much at a time. I don't like tank and spank, but I feel that sometimes RNG based mechanics should really not exist in trials and zos has already shown that a trial can be super fun with mechanics that requires team coordination (ex: the twins in vMoL).
      I also have a complaint regarding the boss fight: it seems like after 75% until 25%, there's really not much change in the battle, which makes things really boring and static. I would really like to see some changes in the fight were in between that 50% of Olms hp, maybe even let the mini bosses have difference skill preference to target players based on Olms' hp.
    7. Did you feel the rewards you received was worth the time investment?
      I personally don't like locking potentially bis weapons for PVP in PVE content. But the trial is overall fun regardless of the weapon it drops.
    8. Weapons are fine. I personally don't like that normal also drops Asylum weapons, but if zos decides that I guess all I can complain is please make the differences in the weapons a bit larger.
    9. Do you have any other general feedback?
      It's a pretty fun trial, even though the HM mechanics might be a bit overwhelming at first, people are gonna figure it out.