The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

This is what happens when you have too many campaigns

• Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »
    Qbiken wrote: »
    What´s the issue???? How does it bother you that some campaigns are "more or less empty"? If you want to go t a more populatetd campaing then que for it, and let those who doesn´s want to go into a 200 player que to go somewhere else

The iusse? All that pop isn't pvping

OMG! People aren't doing what you want in an MMO they paid for that also has a whole Centre of PVE! in thee middle of Cyrodiil! xD Go to the Centrum thingy and PVP then! Stop :'( !
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »

The way I see it, it's not those PVErs wanting to try PVP but guys that want free bonuses, free "emperors" without the need to ever fight back.

Well, pvp bonuses (offensive/defensive scrolls etc) dont work in pve. They used to, but they removed it a long time ago.
    Also, there's so many "emperors" and "overlords" who got their titles by cheesing... I dont think it matters anymore.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    tCWUAot.jpg?1Just sayin

Bad example. There's an event on that means Zergs in IC.

Without the event those campaigns are even emptier
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    tCWUAot.jpg?1Just sayin

Change campaigns. :*

Are you dumb or something? Read the whole topic
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think these three camp. should be merged to one. Why? Because that would mean a competitive and more relaxed play than Vivec.

The way I see it, it's not those PVErs wanting to try PVP but guys that want free bonuses, free "emperors" without the need to ever fight back.

THIS guy gets it.

If you want something easy in pvp. Get back to Deshaan and enjoying rping. Becouse it shouldn' t be like this
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MGtLfwS.jpg
    Day 1, hour 1.
    Edited by Brutusmax1mus on September 10, 2017 11:32AM
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gitguds are complaining that they casuals dont want competition is absolutely ironic.

The gitguds only care about decimating their opponents. so they group up with other gitguds, find casuals and abuse every exploit against them. Totally avoiding actual real competitive play.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night I went into the Imperial City and was fighting one DC on a flag for about 15 seconds. Then a dozen of his or her buddies jumped in with gap-closers, ultimates, Jesus Beams, root spam, etc. It's not just DC, I've seen my own faction do it too. It's happening to a lot of us.

So much for "competition." If that's going to be my experience, I might as well just go to Vivek Cyrodiil where at least I'm not losing my Tel Var Stones.

So I then left the "competitive" Sewers server.

It's not just PvEers going to the other servers.
    Edited by Joy_Division on September 10, 2017 2:15PM
  • Eyesinthedrk
    Eyesinthedrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think these three camp. should be merged to one. Why? Because that would mean a competitive and more relaxed play than Vivec.

That is a terrible idea. What to know how bad of an idea it is? It's so bad that ZOS did exactly this. They deleted chillrend, SoC, haderous, and scourge. Giving us only vivec, a single cp campaign. Sitting in hour long queues only to get into game crashing lag.

It was such a bad idea that it's one of the only times I know of where ZOS recognized the mistake they made, and reverted it back to 3 cp campaigns. it only took them just over a month to do it.

That's how bad of an idea that is.

• Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night I went into the Imperial City and was fighting one DC on a flag for about 15 seconds. Then a dozen of his or her buddies jumped in with gap-closers, ultimates, Jesus Beams, root spam, etc. It's not just DC, I've seen my own faction do it too. It's happening to a lot of us.

So much for "competition." If that's going to be my experience, I might as well just go to Vivek Cyrodiil where at least I'm not losing my Tel Var Stones.

Thats the game, be smarter
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this game is fubar
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You are suprised that other players play exactly like you? And then you decry it?

Color me surprised.
    Edited by usmcjdking on September 10, 2017 7:41PM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »

You are suprised that other players play exactly like you? And then you decry it?

Color me surprised.

I dont see crying here. I see just complainment that there is no midway option between running in zerg or dying to zerg on certain campaigns.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    usmcjdking wrote: »

Color me surprised.

I dont see crying here. I see just complainment that there is no midway option between running in zerg or dying to zerg on certain campaigns.

Jsyk: Decry means to publicly denounce, condemn or criticize. It's has nothing to do with tears.

Also, I'm so glad this has happened. Maybe now Zos will make a PvE Cyrodiil o:)
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pve cyrodiil? You are joking right. Maybe theyll make dungeons with pvp and trials a slaughter house?
    Cyrodiil was made for pvp with a dash of pve content. So get some impenetrable armor, get some friends, have some 'fun' pretty easy really
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I keep seeing people say that nobody goes into Cyrodiil for PvE. Um...some of us have to. There are skyshards there. They count for the "all skyshards in Tamriel" achievement. There's fishing that has to be done there for achievements, too. If PvPers don't want PvE in their PvP zones then tell ZOS to quit gating non-PvP-related achievements in PvP zones.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    I keep seeing people say that nobody goes into Cyrodiil for PvE. Um...some of us have to. There are skyshards there. They count for the "all skyshards in Tamriel" achievement. There's fishing that has to be done there for achievements, too. If PvPers don't want PvE in their PvP zones then tell ZOS to quit gating non-PvP-related achievements in PvP zones.

There are achievements locked behind PVE content too. They are called trials, dungeons etc. You dont go into that with PVP builds. Same way you dont go into a PVP zone with a PVE build and complain why people kill you.
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or maybe ya know, let people PvE in peace in IC. I'm not taking zones, I just want to do the dailies without dying repeatedly. I know, it's hard to contain your bloodthirst, but really, if you have to resort to ganking people only when they're fighintg PvE monsters, how good of a PvP player are you? Too scared to just walk up and start a fight? At least dueler's have that.

This comment is directed at all the AD gank groups that are the reason I don't play IC anymore. Every Sunday, groups of 4-6 take all the districts then no, not farm telvar, just gank people, and ONLY when you'r already busy doing something. It is ALWAYS AD (30 weeks running). I love IC, I don't love being suddenly dead.

That is the whole point of IC, it is an owpvp/pve area similar to the pvp servers in other mmos where players can get attacked while doing pve. When you go there you need to be prepared to face that, if you don't enjoy that kind of thing spend more time in areas of the game you do find fun.

ESO now features BGs, safe pve questing areas (the majority of the content), an RvR campaign, and an owpvp/pve area (IC). The issue illustrated by the OP is that the RvR and IC areas are suffering because there are too many servers, which is spreading the population out and encouraging emp farming on empty servers. It is vital to have a large and stable population on all three factions for RvR in particular to work properly.

The PvP areas compose only a very small (but great) part of the overall game, it is very disheartening to see players actively pushing to turn RvR into a pve farming zone when there are so many awesome pve only zones you could be doing that in.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll just leave that here

sKW5Wge.png

Fact that Cyrodill also offers decent PvE was one of the distinguishing facts about ESO when it lauched.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sKW5Wge.png

Fact that Cyrodill also offers decent PvE was one of the distinguishing facts about ESO when it lauched.

Boiiiiiiii!!! :D
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sKW5Wge.png

We are discussing that there are too many servers and the population or clusterfucks on 1 leaving so much lag or dissipates on the other leaving uncontested maps.
    Not if cyrodill has pve
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sKW5Wge.png

We are discussing that there are too many servers and the population or clusterfucks on 1 leaving so much lag or dissipates on the other leaving uncontested maps.
    Not if cyrodill has pve

Do we ?.... :wink:

On you all pve butthurt players. IT'S PVP. NOT PVE. It should be contested. it isn't.

20+ groups running on empty campaigns farming. That's just disgusting when the Sotha and Vivech are a zergfest with ton of lag
    On you all pve butthurt players. IT'S PVP. NOT PVE. It should be contested. it isn't.

20+ groups running on empty campaigns farming. That's just disgusting when the Sotha and Vivech are a zergfest with ton of lag

By contesting You mean slaying PvE players ?

If that would be just PvP map then they wouldnt add quests there. Cyrodill is PvP map but with optional PvE and questing. Whole IC is based more around PvE then PvP.

I strongly doubt that after cutting number of campaigns all that people who populated campaigns on picture You posted , would go on 1 campaign to fight other players. Most of them would just drop entering Cyrodill because atm fighting there agaisnt zergs in 1 place with constant lag is not enjoyable at all.

So you are telling me that soo many campaigns like this where pvp and map contesting is totally none is better, making the few populated campaigns to be a lagfest. Instead of a balance pop and fun for everyone. Let me say a thing. I don't go on a trial with a pvp set. YOU DON'T GET IN CYRODILL FOR PVE
    You should pve in a campaign, BECOUSE YOU DESERVED IT. Becouse you fought hard for it, since is CYRODILL, not a pve region.
    If you want to PvP go where pop is even. Let ppl who don't want to PvP grind in piece. Right now both crowds have a place where they can do what they want and everyone is happy. Whats your problem?

The problem: it shoudn't be like this.
    Campaigns are done for lag iusses, not for pve folk to fraking farm.
    People don't seem to understand that is not about pve. IT'S ABOUT PVP. Nobody cares about pve players in Cyrodill. You get in there to FIGHT. Not to Quest.

I don't care either to farm those pathetic cp50, i kill them only if they feel to attack me first.

I want EVEN FIGHTS, which are rarer by the day. On LAGLESS servers. There was a time where 1 server was overpopulated and another was with 3-2 bars on ALL the alliances. It was heaven. You could pve there. BUT ONLY BECOUSE YOU DESERVED IT CAPPING THE MAP ON PERPETUOUS FIGHTS.

that's what pvp is. Not mindless zerging

THIS guy gets it.

If you want something easy in pvp. Get back to Deshaan and enjoying rping. Becouse it shouldn' t be like this

Edited by Juhasow on September 12, 2017 3:30AM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, summerizing you think that:
    Empty campaigns are good, still they provide farming ground for non-pvp players that want to farm.
    Lag on the populated campaign is good, becouse we need the other for farming.

Man I think this post shows You dont know what You're talking about. You think that after that three 7 days campaigns will be merged into 1 there will be decent PvP without lag there ? No there wont be.

People mentality lately is based on zerging in 1 place and this is causing the lag. Even on campaigns with 3 bars for each alliance there would be lag because 2/3 of population will be fighting in 1 place. It's not farmers and PvE players (which usually running in small groups or solo in differetn places on whole map) who destroys PvP it's actually PvP players. If for example on campaign with 3 locks there would be lets say 5-10 different places where groups are fighting instead of 1-2 there wouldnt be lag there. Also many PvP players is more fine with waiting in 50m+ queue then joining less populated campaign.
    Edited by Juhasow on September 12, 2017 7:26PM
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, summerizing you think that:
    Empty campaigns are good, still they provide farming ground for non-pvp players that want to farm.
    Lag on the populated campaign is good, becouse we need the other for farming.

Man I think this post shows You dont know what You're talking about. You think that after that three 7 days campaigns will be merged into 1 there will be decent PvP without lag there ? No there wont be.

People mentality lately is based on zerging in 1 place and this is causing the lag. Even on campaigns with 3 bars for each alliance there would be lag because 2/3 of population will be fighting in 1 place. It's not farmers and PvE players (which usually running in small groups or solo in differetn places on whole map) who destroys PvP it's actually PvP players. If for example on campaign with 3 locks there would be lets say 5-10 different places where groups are fighting instead of 1-2 there wouldnt be lag there. Also many PvP players is more fine with waiting in 50m+ queue then joining less populated campaign.

Actually i think there would me more fair action with only one campaing. If you want to farm in pvp, pve stuff, without competition, you are most welcome to disinstall
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sKW5Wge.png

Not if cyrodill has pve

Do we ?.... :wink:

By contesting You mean slaying PvE players ?

If that would be just PvP map then they wouldnt add quests there. Cyrodill is PvP map but with optional PvE and questing. Whole IC is based more around PvE then PvP.

I strongly doubt that after cutting number of campaigns all that people who populated campaigns on picture You posted , would go on 1 campaign to fight other players. Most of them would just drop entering Cyrodill because atm fighting there agaisnt zergs in 1 place with constant lag is not enjoyable at all.

So you are telling me that soo many campaigns like this where pvp and map contesting is totally none is better, making the few populated campaigns to be a lagfest. Instead of a balance pop and fun for everyone. Let me say a thing. I don't go on a trial with a pvp set. YOU DON'T GET IN CYRODILL FOR PVE
    You should pve in a campaign, BECOUSE YOU DESERVED IT. Becouse you fought hard for it, since is CYRODILL, not a pve region.
    If you want to PvP go where pop is even. Let ppl who don't want to PvP grind in piece. Right now both crowds have a place where they can do what they want and everyone is happy. Whats your problem?

The problem: it shoudn't be like this.
    Campaigns are done for lag iusses, not for pve folk to fraking farm.
    People don't seem to understand that is not about pve. IT'S ABOUT PVP. Nobody cares about pve players in Cyrodill. You get in there to FIGHT. Not to Quest.

I don't care either to farm those pathetic cp50, i kill them only if they feel to attack me first.

I want EVEN FIGHTS, which are rarer by the day. On LAGLESS servers. There was a time where 1 server was overpopulated and another was with 3-2 bars on ALL the alliances. It was heaven. You could pve there. BUT ONLY BECOUSE YOU DESERVED IT CAPPING THE MAP ON PERPETUOUS FIGHTS.

that's what pvp is. Not mindless zerging

THIS guy gets it.

Me replying to out of topic answers isn't an actual proof. I'm just kind to answer those at all.