Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Guild bank funds

AAA Had Enough
AAA Had Enough
Soul Shriven
Recently guilds have decided that members are not entitled to see how much gold the guild has, how much they bid on a trader or any say in what they spend members money on. Guilds are handing gold to select members to buy houses etc. All members should be allowed to know what the guild is doing with the gold they get from members and sales. Like any organisation people join said organisation has an obligation to it's members to be open about everything the guild is doing especially when it comes to money. (any feedback would be appreciated)
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Leave that guild and join another where people don't get free houses?
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guilds didn't decide on this change, ZOS did, and it's a good one.

It prevents spies from rival trade guilds from infiltrating a guild just to see how much gold it has in the guild bank (even though most trade guilds keep their gold with guild leaders).

The only thing I miss is seeing in the guild tab whether I deposited my gold. Members no longer have access to that information. That's a problem because the guild bank is bugged, and every now and then, the gold you deposit disappears and doesn't make it into the guild bank (while being deducted from your account).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 14, 2017 4:09AM
  • AAA Had Enough
    AAA Had Enough
    Soul Shriven
    All the big guilds are doing this ie; hiding money and spending habits from members. ESO should remove the option from guild to hide what they are doing. They want it to be realistic then make it open
  • AAA Had Enough
    AAA Had Enough
    Soul Shriven
    PS ty for the reply
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All the big guilds are doing this ie; hiding money and spending habits from members. ESO should remove the option from guild to hide what they are doing. They want it to be realistic then make it open

Maybe you're just being paranoid and nobody is actually buying extra stuff at all...trade guilds need to hide their transactions so infiltrators from other trade guilds can't spy on them and screw up their bids.
  • AAA Had Enough
    AAA Had Enough
    Soul Shriven
    In the last year guild leaders and officers have taken/stole all the money from numerous guilds so who are the spies and trolls, I would rather lose the trader once in awhile then have them hide everything from members
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In the last year guild leaders and officers have taken/stole all the money from numerous guilds so who are the spies and trolls, I would rather lose the trader once in awhile then have them hide everything from members

Guild spies are a thing. Members don't need to know how much is being spent on the trader so long as they're getting one that's good enough for the amount of money you're giving them to support that trade guild.
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, plus I buy the raffles and never won anything, LOL
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • Chronicburn
    Chronicburn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well if there was an auction house guilds wouldn't have the traders to hold over crafters heads now would they?
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, but I have to call shenanigans on this.
    Due to the "Naming/Shaming" policy of forums, I can't ask you to specify what & who, BUT.....
    that is a very generic statement that feels like you just said it because you want to believe that, imo.
    I am on PC/NA, played since pre-launch, and in the 3+ years and being associated many, many guilds, I found that is a rare occurrence. Yes, it has happened, but most GM's not only don't steal gold from guilds, most all I know donate hundreds of thousands and even millions INTO the guild! (Plus the time and work it takes to run a guild).
    As far as the OP....
    ZoS just ADDED this recently for a reason,as has been posted. In my guild, I have this feature on for new guildies that just joined. After they have earned a promotion to the next rank, they can see it then, as can all ranks above. It is only the new members that can't. It is a blessing that we have asked for for a long time. Thank You ZoS for listening!
    Huzzah!!

Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Niobium
    Niobium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well if there was an auction house guilds wouldn't have the traders to hold over crafters heads now would they?

If there was one, central Auction House I can just imagine the sheer amount of price gouging that would go on - above and beyond what is already there. Right now having to travel to a hundred different traders prevents some of it.. put it all in one place and heck, even I could monopolize a market on something without moving. Imagine what those with 8 digits worth of gold in their bank could do.

But on topic, yes - gold in guild banks was hidden to prevent spies from seeing trade bids and such. It's a good move, I have no need to see what my guild spends on traders and nor does anyone aside from the leadership.

If you're unhappy in your current guilds because of what you believe (either rightly or wrongly, I've no idea), then changing guilds is probably your best action. If those are the types of people you're in a guild with, do you really want to be there? Even if you could see the money?
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True but three or four players could control the market on many rare items. Better to stick with the traders.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not something that guilds just decided out the blue, it's a new option they can use that was added with Update 15 (or around that time). And it doesn't necessarily apply to all members either, unless the guild wants it to. It is guild rank specific. If this bothers you, I suggest finding a guild where you'll have a rank that does allow you to see the gold in the guild bank. Although I don't understand why this would bother any non-officer(ish?) member.. I have never run into the shady ordeals you described, nor have I ever talked to anyone who has. Until that time I say it's conjecture, at best.

Also, guilds are not organisations that have obligations to their members. This is not your RL bank or health insurance agency, it is a game. Anyone can join or leave a guild at any time, and if you feel the current guilds don't offer what you're seeking then you can always choose to create one yourself.
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • VampiricByNature
    VampiricByNature
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my main large guild on ps4, the gm turns off the option to see on Sunday so no one knows what the bid is. On Monday she turns it back on so everyone can see deposits and withdrawals as people donate and raffle money is put in. Etc etc.

I like that no one can spy on our bids anymore.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP ask yourself this. Are you getting what you want out of that guild for the money you invest?
    • Yes: Who cares what happens with the money, you're getting your value.
    • No: Find one where the answer is yes.

It's really this simple. You could even start your own guild and have an open poly showing what gold you make and how you spend it. Do monthly economic reports for your guild even.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Yarlenzey
    Yarlenzey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Certain guilds and their senior members are manipulating this game for their own, real-world benefit.
    These people ask for donations, demand minimum sales targets, take a fee for listings and then do absolutely nothing to promote guild sales

To retaliate:
    • Don't sweat minimum sales targets.
    • Don't donate.
    • Change guilds often.
    • Don't buy mats

They need you more than you need them. How much did you pay for those items you looted again?

I have come across one (and only one) guild that offers a great balance between being a trading guild and a vibrant social guild.

I got suspenders for saying "Testicular Mass" instead of "Balls". like, rilly.

• Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was simple for me, I just stopped my weekly donation of 10k to that particular guild assuming they have way more than they actually need if hiding it from members is deemed necessary.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sevn wrote: »
    It was simple for me, I just stopped my weekly donation of 10k to that particular guild assuming they have way more than they actually need if hiding it from members is deemed necessary.
    Again as other have said the hiding is not always for shady reasons it's because of bidding war spies.

You just needed someone online watching the banks when bids happened to see how much money left the bank to know how much +1 to bid for the trader. On PC there were even add-on's which told you.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my main large guild on ps4, the gm turns off the option to see on Sunday so no one knows what the bid is. On Monday she turns it back on so everyone can see deposits and withdrawals as people donate and raffle money is put in. Etc etc.

I like that no one can spy on our bids anymore.

Yeah that's what I do for my guild - it's turned off for a few hours until after trader switchover, then I turn it back on again.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see any problem with this, just like any company you work for they have no need to tell you everything, there is no need for you to know how much they spend on a trader. It in no way diminishes or enhances you experiance
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yarlenzey wrote: »
    Certain guilds and their senior members are manipulating this game for their own, real-world benefit.
    These people ask for donations, demand minimum sales targets, take a fee for listings and then do absolutely nothing to promote guild sales

To retaliate:
    • Don't donate.
    • Change guilds often.
    • Don't buy mats

They need you more than you need them. How much did you pay for those items you looted again?

I have come across one (and only one) guild that offers a great balance between being a trading guild and a vibrant social guild.

If the guild doesn't take taxes, doesn't have a sales target, or require a small weekly fee, how in Nirn are they going to be able to afford a good trader?
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like any organisation people join said organisation has an obligation to it's members to be open about everything the guild is doing especially when it comes to money. (any feedback would be appreciated)

Plenty of people will pick apart what you've said in your OP, so I'll just focus on this one piece. Joining an organization does not obligate them to tell you everything they are doing, financially or otherwise. Joining a gym does not obligate them to disclose their investments or expenses to you. If you join the mob, they will not be open about everything they are doing. If you join the military, they will not tell you anything other than what they think you need to know. If you join a credit union, they will not be open with you about other members' money.

If you have problems with your guild, leave and find one better aligned with your expectations. If your expectation is that a guild not protect themselves against bid spies, you can rule out any top trade guilds, but there are plenty of other guild types that will better suit you.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

To retaliate:
    • Don't donate.
    • Change guilds often.
    • Don't buy mats

This is SO wrong on so many levels. You obviously have never run a guild nor understand how a trade guild works.
    Lets fix that...
    1. FEE LISTINGS~ Are a gold sink. Neither guild nor GM ever see one drake of this.
    2. MINIMUM SALES~ Guilds only get 3.5% of each sale, so as many and much sales that can be made are needed.
    3. GM's MANIPULATING GAME~ Again, total *****. Most all GM's probably donate more gold than most players make to support the guild. (I myself have put in 750k just this month). Not to mention the hours a week of "Game Play Time" to adjusting / cleaning bank, recruiting, dealing with raffles, dealing with members, clearing roster, etc. Try running a large guild that pays millions a week for a trader, see how easy it is.
    4. DONATIONS~ Are a must! Sales tax off sales is only 3.5%. You like having that trader in Mournhold or Elden Root? Like making those sales, well donations is the only way to keep it. If you find it a problem to support your guild and GM's, you should leave and just sell in zone chat.

"A guild is only as good as it's members".....If anyone follows @Yarlenzey 's suggestions, then there is no guild....
    Huzzah!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Find better guilds.

There is no step 2.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have told GMs to not tell everyone (including myself) how much they are bidding on traders. You're just asking to lose your bid by doing so.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• dvonpm
    dvonpm
    ✭✭✭✭

To retaliate:
    • Don't donate.
    • Change guilds often.
    • Don't buy mats

This is SO wrong on so many levels. You obviously have never run a guild nor understand how a trade guild works.
    Lets fix that...
    1. FEE LISTINGS~ Are a gold sink. Neither guild nor GM ever see one drake of this.
    2. MINIMUM SALES~ Guilds only get 3.5% of each sale, so as many and much sales that can be made are needed.
    3. GM's MANIPULATING GAME~ Again, total *****. Most all GM's probably donate more gold than most players make to support the guild. (I myself have put in 750k just this month). Not to mention the hours a week of "Game Play Time" to adjusting / cleaning bank, recruiting, dealing with raffles, dealing with members, clearing roster, etc. Try running a large guild that pays millions a week for a trader, see how easy it is.
    4. DONATIONS~ Are a must! Sales tax off sales is only 3.5%. You like having that trader in Mournhold or Elden Root? Like making those sales, well donations is the only way to keep it. If you find it a problem to support your guild and GM's, you should leave and just sell in zone chat.

"A guild is only as good as it's members".....If anyone follows @Yarlenzey 's suggestions, then there is no guild....
    Huzzah!

Little late to the party, but I can't agree with this enough. I'm not even a GM - I'm an officer- and all of the officers in my guild put in way more money (real and game) and time than we get out of it. In all of my guilds, most of the officers and GMs work their asses off to keep things running. And trader prices are not going to go down anytime soon.

You know those Guild Bank deposit bugs? Imagine your job is depositing raffle gold mailed to you (which you have to tally by hand and type into a spreadsheet every damn day, sometimes more than once) and you get that bug on a 250k deposit. Our raffle officer has lost more than a little gold due to this bug and he's replaced all of it out of his pocket. He doesn't have the time or patience for bug reports and if he didn't pay it back, it would look like theft.

In any case, I just wanted to plug the idea that members should be able to see their own deposits. If there is a deposit bug or incorrect deposit, players need to be able to check. As it is now, we'd have to temprarily promote or send screenshots and they'd need to check with all their other bank-enabled guilds too. That needs to change.

• Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the OP
    Its called "trust", earn it and you shall receive
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Recently guilds have decided that members are not entitled to see how much gold the guild has, how much they bid on a trader or any say in what they spend members money on. Guilds are handing gold to select members to buy houses etc. All members should be allowed to know what the guild is doing with the gold they get from members and sales. Like any organisation people join said organisation has an obligation to it's members to be open about everything the guild is doing especially when it comes to money. (any feedback would be appreciated)

The gold is hidden to protect the amount of bids for guild traders. If gold were visible, people could figure it out and tell the competition.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And if you think there is a lack of transparency and don't like it, the members can leave the guild. Perhaps supply and demand will take over.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    someone has issues!

is this is how paranoid you are, how about you start a successful trade guild and bid on traders. that way, you are the guild leader and you can decide that your own guild cant see the gold. and then they can accuse you of stealing from them. and then you can refer them back to this suggestion.