Maintenance for the week of June 18:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox One: North American and European megaservers for patch maintenance – June 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®4: North American and European megaservers for patch maintenance – June 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC)
We are aware that some Steam players are having issues logging into the North American and European PC/Mac megaservers. We are actively investigating and will let you know when we have an update. Thank you!

Guild bank funds

AAA Had Enough
AAA Had Enough
Soul Shriven
Recently guilds have decided that members are not entitled to see how much gold the guild has, how much they bid on a trader or any say in what they spend members money on. Guilds are handing gold to select members to buy houses etc. All members should be allowed to know what the guild is doing with the gold they get from members and sales. Like any organisation people join said organisation has an obligation to it's members to be open about everything the guild is doing especially when it comes to money. (any feedback would be appreciated)
  • AAA Had Enough
    AAA Had Enough
    Soul Shriven
    PS ty for the reply
  • AAA Had Enough
    AAA Had Enough
    Soul Shriven
    In the last year guild leaders and officers have taken/stole all the money from numerous guilds so who are the spies and trolls, I would rather lose the trader once in awhile then have them hide everything from members
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, plus I buy the raffles and never won anything, LOL
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • Chronicburn
    Chronicburn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well if there was an auction house guilds wouldn't have the traders to hold over crafters heads now would they?
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if there was an auction house guilds wouldn't have the traders to hold over crafters heads now would they?

True but three or four players could control the market on many rare items. Better to stick with the traders.
  • VampiricByNature
    VampiricByNature
    ✭✭✭
    In my main large guild on ps4, the gm turns off the option to see on Sunday so no one knows what the bid is. On Monday she turns it back on so everyone can see deposits and withdrawals as people donate and raffle money is put in. Etc etc.

I like that no one can spy on our bids anymore.
  • Yarlenzey
    Yarlenzey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Certain guilds and their senior members are manipulating this game for their own, real-world benefit.
    These people ask for donations, demand minimum sales targets, take a fee for listings and then do absolutely nothing to promote guild sales

To retaliate:
    • Don't sweat minimum sales targets.
    • Don't donate.
    • Change guilds often.
    • Don't buy mats

They need you more than you need them. How much did you pay for those items you looted again?

I have come across one (and only one) guild that offers a great balance between being a trading guild and a vibrant social guild.

I got suspenders for saying "Testicular Mass" instead of "Balls". like, rilly.

• Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was simple for me, I just stopped my weekly donation of 10k to that particular guild assuming they have way more than they actually need if hiding it from members is deemed necessary.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In my main large guild on ps4, the gm turns off the option to see on Sunday so no one knows what the bid is. On Monday she turns it back on so everyone can see deposits and withdrawals as people donate and raffle money is put in. Etc etc.

I like that no one can spy on our bids anymore.

Yeah that's what I do for my guild - it's turned off for a few hours until after trader switchover, then I turn it back on again.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see any problem with this, just like any company you work for they have no need to tell you everything, there is no need for you to know how much they spend on a trader. It in no way diminishes or enhances you experiance
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yarlenzey wrote: »
    Certain guilds and their senior members are manipulating this game for their own, real-world benefit.
    These people ask for donations, demand minimum sales targets, take a fee for listings and then do absolutely nothing to promote guild sales

To retaliate:
    • Don't sweat minimum sales targets.
    • Don't donate.
    • Change guilds often.
    • Don't buy mats

They need you more than you need them. How much did you pay for those items you looted again?

I have come across one (and only one) guild that offers a great balance between being a trading guild and a vibrant social guild.

If the guild doesn't take taxes, doesn't have a sales target, or require a small weekly fee, how in Nirn are they going to be able to afford a good trader?
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. Find better guilds.

There is no step 2.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have told GMs to not tell everyone (including myself) how much they are bidding on traders. You're just asking to lose your bid by doing so.
    PS4/NA PSN-BawKinTackWarDs

vHRCHM vAAHM vSOHM vMOLHM vHOFHM vAS vDSA vMA Flawless
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the OP
    Its called "trust", earn it and you shall receive
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Recently guilds have decided that members are not entitled to see how much gold the guild has, how much they bid on a trader or any say in what they spend members money on. Guilds are handing gold to select members to buy houses etc. All members should be allowed to know what the guild is doing with the gold they get from members and sales. Like any organisation people join said organisation has an obligation to it's members to be open about everything the guild is doing especially when it comes to money. (any feedback would be appreciated)

The gold is hidden to protect the amount of bids for guild traders. If gold were visible, people could figure it out and tell the competition.
    "DoctorESO" is retiring but is still around in another form! ;-)
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And if you think there is a lack of transparency and don't like it, the members can leave the guild. Perhaps supply and demand will take over.
    "DoctorESO" is retiring but is still around in another form! ;-)
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    someone has issues!

is this is how paranoid you are, how about you start a successful trade guild and bid on traders. that way, you are the guild leader and you can decide that your own guild cant see the gold. and then they can accuse you of stealing from them. and then you can refer them back to this suggestion.
    PAPSMEAR - Positively Against Paws SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates