Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

SPC for my Healer and what do you think about this?

• Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    First PvE healer rule: Allways play what increases your allies damage done and sustain and decreases their damage taken, never play anything that increases your healing done or their healing taken.

Why is that so much more important to where it's a "rule"? Not being snotty, actually asking.
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgruberman wrote: »
    First PvE healer rule: Allways play what increases your allies damage done and sustain and decreases their damage taken, never play anything that increases your healing done or their healing taken.

Why is that so much more important to where it's a "rule"? Not being snotty, actually asking.

Trials are all about increasing DPS, Both the Tank and Healer usually run Damage and Pen increasing sets. Sets like SPC are the bread and butter and should always be used by a healer, no matter the situation. Sets like Worm Cult, Healing Mage, and even Sanctury can be used as a second set but NEVER take off SP, it is too important for DPS, and therefore score.
    Edited by Oompuh on September 6, 2017 3:24AM
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Oompuh wrote: »

Trials are all about increasing DPS, Both the Tank and Healer usually run Damage and Pen increasing sets. Sets like SPC are the bread and butter and should always be used by a healer, no matter the situation. Sets like Worm Cult, Healing Mage, and even Sanctury can be used as a second set but NEVER take off SP, it is too important for DPS, and therefore score.

Oh you said PvE and I didn't think you meant trials. I thought you meant anything PvE
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh you said PvE and I didn't think you meant trials. I thought you meant anything PvE

For most people, in anything but trials, you can run around naked with a resto staff. When people say PvE, automatically, I assume Trials. If you build for Vet Trials, you can do any group content in the game. Build for the hardest content, no matter what.
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spc (white gold)
    Worm (VoM)
    Sanctuary (bc)
    Healing mage (aa)
    Twilight remedy (maw)

All good sets to start out on and relatively easy to get, and run any monster with the +2% healing done (only going to run 1 peice anyway until you get a master resto staff
    I personally like running 5/5/1
    (Havent pick up the hotr sets yet)
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I pug a lot. Sometimes as a healer. It's always SPC and something.

I've never seen it advertised as any kind of healer set, but Hircines Veneer seems like it would fit in. Pugging, I see lots and lots of Stam DPS, so worm doesn't do much anything for them. In the same token, Hircines won't do anything for you either.

You could also look into Healers habit. I think is almost same thing as sanctuary, but has bigger range.

I actually use Hircine on my Warden bow healer.
    That is an build I'm sure freak out a lot of players :)

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭

For most people, in anything but trials, you can run around naked with a resto staff. When people say PvE, automatically, I assume Trials. If you build for Vet Trials, you can do any group content in the game. Build for the hardest content, no matter what.

So gear doesn't differ when you're not in a trial versus when you are?
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The gear you use in end game trials works the best in 4 man content too. Only place where you want to chance is in PvP.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have been eyeballing the telvar medium armor set Powerful Assault; trying to find a way use it. Looks like it could maybe work well on a warden healer.

• Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭

The gear you use in end game trials works the best in 4 man content too. Only place where you want to chance is in PvP.

Got it. So what changes between Trials and everything else PvE is the skills, not so much the gear?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I have been eyeballing the telvar medium armor set Powerful Assault; trying to find a way use it. Looks like it could maybe work well on a warden healer.

Just get SPC, much better, no range restrictions and you don't have to use a stamina ablity. Unless you are a stamina tank that uses vigor and warhorn, not really worth the trouble.