Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

SPC for my Healer and what do you think about this?

Texecutioner187
Texecutioner187
✭✭✭
I'm going to be running SPC for my healer and I'm still deciding what other set. What are your guys thoughts about Combat Physician? Ideally I'd like a purchasable/craftable set but I don't really see how Kagrenacs is helpful...

I know Combat Physician isn't purchasable/craftable, but it still seems decent as a supplement to heals and easy to farm.
  • Sunah
    Sunah
    ✭✭✭
    Combat Phy sounds good, but it only effects one person at a time with a 6 sec cd. Not worth it. In a trials envrioment you want a set that complements the team better. Worm cult/Mending and stuff like that. But for crafting sets kagh is good enough till you get those trials sets.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Sunah wrote: »
    Combat Phy sounds good, but it only effects one person at a time with a 6 sec cd. Not worth it. In a trials envrioment you want a set that complements the team better. Worm cult/Mending and stuff like that. But for crafting sets kagh is good enough till you get those trials sets.

So for vet content, SPC and Kags is viable? I feel like there are other ones that would work better.... yay nay?
  • Sunah
    Sunah
    ✭✭✭
    @jgruberman Oh yeah, spc and kag is definitely trial viable. Especially the craglorn ones. I doubt anyone would take you for vHoF but anything else is ezpz man. I know because I did it, (RNG hates me). It really boils down to what skills you run and how well you play your class. Knowing when to heal and when to buff and anticipating when damage comes in.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    @jgruberman Oh yeah, spc and kag is definitely trial viable. Especially the craglorn ones. I doubt anyone would take you for vHoF but anything else is ezpz man. I know because I did it, (RNG hates me). It really boils down to what skills you run and how well you play your class. Knowing when to heal and when to buff and anticipating when damage comes in.

I have probably done healing the least(but I have done it), and I would be curious if you know of any particular guide or YouTube video or something or website that is considered a "Guide to Healing" so I can learn how you described of when to heal, buff, anticipate damage, etc
  • Sunah
    Sunah
    ✭✭✭
    @jgruberman

Hey sorry for delay im at work. Um I saw this one post a few months ago that was like a over all guide to healing for both beginners and veteran players. Was really helpful and i agreed to about 90% of it.. Let me try to locate it.
    Edited by Sunah on September 3, 2017 5:08PM
  • Sunah
    Sunah
    ✭✭✭
    @jgruberman

Here it is! Took a bit to find it.

http://elderscrubsonline.com/

Don't follow it 100%, just read through the reasoning's and get a very good grasp on why they are doing the things they are doing and build off your own.
    Edited by Sunah on September 3, 2017 5:01PM
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    Depends what you're doing. For trials I wouldn't let you heal without SPC & worm/mending unfortunately. Just go farm worm it's easy enough and hopefully the other healer will have mending.
    "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jgruberman

Don't follow it 100%, just read through the reasoning's and get a very good grasp on why they are doing the things they are doing and build off your own.
    Ty, and bookmarked.
    love the recaps, +80K damage is a bit hard to heal trough :)

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combat physician isnt really worth it. The shield is very small, and the cooldown kinda kills it.
    There are some "meta" sets that are often combined with spc: Worm Cult, Mending, in some situations sets like Twilight remedy or Master Architect are pretty good as well.
    But if you dont wanna bother with farming, you can just take purple spc jewelry+2 armor pieces and add a crafted set like Seducer, if you want more sustain or Julianos for stronger heals and higher offensive stats. Also a monster shoulder with max magicka, spell damage or recovery. That will be a very solid setup, and not very hard to get, plus you can craft it in any style. :)
    zaria wrote: »
    @jgruberman

Ty, and bookmarked.
    love the recaps, +80K damage is a bit hard to heal trough :)

Dont always trust the default death recap, though. It shows DoT damage as a single hit, thats why you can see insane numbers like 200k or more if you die to Planar Inhobitor's fire DoT, even if the tick that killed you was around 4k or something.

Edited by LadyNalcarya on September 4, 2017 1:52AM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    I was able to farm Sanctuary today actually. I have a few off traits but I have 5 sanctuary, 5 SPC and 1 troll king
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgruberman wrote: »
    I was able to farm Sanctuary today actually. I have a few off traits but I have 5 sanctuary, 5 SPC and 1 troll king

Thats a pretty decent choice. :)
    However if you have other monster pieces, I'd suggest something with max magicka or regen, or even spell damage. 2% healing done is a very weak bonus and you'd be overhealing anyway.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭

Thats a pretty decent choice. :)
    However if you have other monster pieces, I'd suggest something with max magicka or regen, or even spell damage. 2% healing done is a very weak bonus and you'd be overhealing anyway.

I'm glad you said that and someone agreed... I was on the fence about that myself :smile:
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have probably done healing the least(but I have done it), and I would be curious if you know of any particular guide or YouTube video or something or website that is considered a "Guide to Healing" so I can learn how you described of when to heal, buff, anticipate damage, etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDJNWjYzKVU
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    What about Worm Cult and Sanctuary? Honestly, I just don't see a huge thing with SPC... plus with that combo, you'll have blue and green balls floating around :lol:
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    What do you think about that combo @LadyNalcarya?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SPC is the base set for most Trial healers, @jgruberman ... that's the standard that most 12-player groups ask for.

Farming White Gold Tower can be a pain depending on your luck getting the right gear pieces out of that place ... so just be patient and don't forget to spend key shards on the vault for additional chances on SPC drops.

Sanctuary + Worm will work if you're not planning on doing end game content (works fine for normal Trials, vet 4-man dungeons, pledges, etc.).

By the way, FYI, it is a good utility set for PvP as well ... my dedicated healer runs 5 SPC, 5 Kagrenacs, and 1 Iceheart (along with precise weapons) to boost crit heals.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on September 5, 2017 3:47PM
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Sanctuary + Worm will work if you're not planning on doing end game content (works fine for normal Trials, vet 4-man dungeons, pledges, etc.).

What other end game content is there other than what you said this set would work for? Are you referring to specifically vet trials?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What other end game content is there other than what you said this set would work for? Are you referring to specifically vet trials?

Yes, vet Trials and vet DSA.

Don't forget it's DOUBLE key fragments this weekend in White Gold Tower:

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26175?Liberate-Cyrodiil-During-the-Imperial-City-Anniversary-Event-and-Earn-Bonus-Rewards!&utm_source=SocialMedia&utm_medium=bitly[/quote]
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭

Okay. I haven't done either of those vet yet, but that's good to know. I actually am running 5 SPC and 5 Sancturary now with good traits having finished my SPC farming yesterday. I was just exploring possibilities of different sets. I like the idea of magicka reduction, so thats why I asked about switching out Worm for SPC.
    Edited by Texecutioner187 on September 5, 2017 4:25PM
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26175?Liberate-Cyrodiil-During-the-Imperial-City-Anniversary-Event-and-Earn-Bonus-Rewards!&utm_source=SocialMedia&utm_medium=bitly

Sanctuary is not a bad set and is perfectly acceptable to run in Vet Trials, it won't make or break you or the run. In stack and burn situations it can be really nice, everyone is close and gets some nice extra heals. Are there better set? Sure. Will it make you fail in Vet Trials? No.

EDIT:
    Also cause I miss read a bit, I would still combine it with SPC, but the set it self, Sanctuary is not bad. SPC is still BIS
    Edited by paulsimonps on September 5, 2017 4:42PM
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26175?Liberate-Cyrodiil-During-the-Imperial-City-Anniversary-Event-and-Earn-Bonus-Rewards!&utm_source=SocialMedia&utm_medium=bitly

Sanctuary is not a bad set and is perfectly acceptable to run in Vet Trials, it won't make or break you or the run. In stack and burn situations it can be really nice, everyone is close and gets some nice extra heals. Are there better set? Sure. Will it make you fail in Vet Trials? No.

Yeah. I was more looking for confirmation that I can run dungeons and pledges with Worm and Sanctuary. I'm sure I'll be asking a whole new set of questions when I decide to start trials lol. However, my primary char is a pet build sorc so I'll be a little better off with that hopefully doing trials for the first time.
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah. I was more looking for confirmation that I can run dungeons and pledges with Worm and Sanctuary. I'm sure I'll be asking a whole new set of questions when I decide to start trials lol. However, my primary char is a pet build sorc so I'll be a little better off with that hopefully doing trials for the first time.

Sure you can run that. Just make sure you got them active on both weapon bars. Sometimes it's hinky to fit in 2 constant 5pc set with a restoration staff. If you intend on running a monster set.
    If you can get it, I probably would've picked "Domihaus" as my 1pc monster set. Gives both stamina & magicka, stamina could help you out in dungeons or trials where you can block certain attacks. Or more stamina to dodge-roll out of stupid(red circles).
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭

Sure you can run that. Just make sure you got them active on both weapon bars. Sometimes it's hinky to fit in 2 constant 5pc set with a restoration staff. If you intend on running a monster set.
    If you can get it, I probably would've picked "Domihaus" as my 1pc monster set. Gives both stamina & magicka, stamina could help you out in dungeons or trials where you can block certain attacks. Or more stamina to dodge-roll out of stupid(red circles).

I do have Domihaus Sturdy actually.. I'm guessing that will be better than running a magicka increase piece on divines, if anything because there's magicka and stam?
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do have Domihaus Sturdy actually.. I'm guessing that will be better than running a magicka increase piece on divines, if anything because there's magicka and stam?

I'm not good at numbers, so I'll just say what I think, but I would definitely run Domihaus. 2k stats > one piece of divines. Even 1k more max magicka(Which also increases your heals) > 1pc divines imo.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So for vet content, SPC and Kags is viable? I feel like there are other ones that would work better.... yay nay?

For 4 man dungeons it's fine. Heck, I heal dungeons in my dps gear.

Typically healers second sets are Worm, mending and sanctuary is good to have. Master rStaff is a big plus as well.

Helps to had both worm and mending when running trials because one never knows what the other healer may have.
  • craftycarper73
    craftycarper73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run spc, worm and 1 piece kena on my healer, it works really well for me. healing springs and mutagen main heals, and BoL for that oh crap moment, where possible standing in channeled focus thats my front bar pretty much.

back bar, is a flame staff just to help out with a little bit of dps at the right moments, i use elemental drain, crushing shock, a shield, harness magicka or templar shield(cant think of name ) pulsar and jesus beam.

some people may not like it but it works for me and the group i generally run with.
    Edited by craftycarper73 on September 5, 2017 5:14PM
    Born, Bred & Made in Manchester UK, RIP 22 Angels. 22/05/2017

PC-EU

The Place by Tony Walsh Please Read
    This is the place in the North West of England

It’s ace, it’s the best and the songs that we sing

From the stands, from our bands set the whole planet shaking

Our inventions are legends! There’s nowt we can’t make and

So we make brilliant music. We make brilliant bands

We make goals that make souls leap from seats in the stands

And we make things from steel and we make things from cotton

And we make people laugh, take the mick summat rotten

And we make you at home and we make you feel welcome

And we make summat happen, we can’t seem to help it

And if you’re looking for history then yes, we’ve a wealth

But the Manchester way is to make it yourself

And make us a record, a new number one

And make us a brew while you’re up, love. Go on!

And make us feel proud that you’re winning the league

And make us sing louder and make us believe it

that this is the place that has helped shape the world

And that this the place where a Manchester girl

Name of Emmeline Pankhurst from the streets of Moss Side

Led a Suffragette City with sisterhood pride

And this is the place with appliance of science

We’re on it, atomic, we strut with defiance

In the face of a challenge we always stand tall

Mancunians in union delivered it all

Such as housing and libraries, and health, education

And unions and co-ops, the first railway station

So we’re sorry! Bear with us! We invented commuters!

But we hope you forgive us – we invented computers!

And this is the place Henry Royce strolled with Rolls

And we’ve rocked and we’ve rolled with our own Northern Soul

And so this is the place to do business, then dance

Where go-getters and goal setters know they’ve a chance

And this is the place where we first played as kids

And me Mam lived and died here, she loved it she did

And this is the place where our folks came to work

Where they struggled in puddles, they hurt in the dirt

And they built us a city. They built us these towns

And they coughed on the cobbles to the deafening sound

Of the steaming machines and the screaming of slaves

They were scheming for greatness, they dreamed to their graves

And they left us a spirit, they left us a vibe

The Mancunian Way to survive and to thrive

And to work and to build, to connect and create and

Greater Manchester’s greatness is keeping it great

And so this is the place now we’ve kids of our own

Some are born here, some drawn here but we all call it home

And they’ve covered the cobbles, but they’ll never defeat

All the dreamers and schemers who still teem through these streets

Because this is a place that has been through some hard times

Oppressions, recessions, depressions and dark times

But we keep fighting back with Greater Manchester spirit

Northern grit, northern wit in Greater Manchester’s lyrics

And there’s hard times again in these streets of our city

But we won’t take defeat and we don’t want your pity

Because this a place where we stand strong together

With a smile on our face, Mancunians Forever

And we’ve got this* as the place where a team with a dream (*Forever Manchester)

Can get funding and something to help with their scheme

Because this is the place that understands your grand plans

We don’t do No Can Do, we just stress Yes We Can!

Forever Manchester’s a charity for people round ‘ere

You can fundraise, donate. You can be a volunteer

You can live local, give local. We can honestly say

We do charity differently, that Mancunian Way

And we fund local kids, and we fund local teams

We support local dreamers to work for their dreams

We support local groups and the great work they do

So can you …help us help… local people like you?

Because this is the place in our hearts, in our homes

Because this is the place that’s a part of our bones

‘Cos Greater Manchester gives us such strength from the fact

That this is the place. We should give something back.

Always remember. Never forget. Forever Manchester.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I pug a lot. Sometimes as a healer. It's always SPC and something.

I've never seen it advertised as any kind of healer set, but Hircines Veneer seems like it would fit in. Pugging, I see lots and lots of Stam DPS, so worm doesn't do much anything for them. In the same token, Hircines won't do anything for you either.

You could also look into Healers habit. I think is almost same thing as sanctuary, but has bigger range.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »

I've never seen it advertised as any kind of healer set, but Hircines Veneer seems like it would fit in. Pugging, I see lots and lots of Stam DPS, so worm doesn't do much anything for them. In the same token, Hircines won't do anything for you either.

You could also look into Healers habit. I think is almost same thing as sanctuary, but has bigger range.

I actually use Hircine on my Warden bow healer.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »

I think most stam DPS aren't running much regen so boosting it by 10% is a very minimal boost, especially considering it'd be the only benefit to a healer running it.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First PvE healer rule: Allways play what increases your allies damage done and sustain and decreases their damage taken, never play anything that increases your healing done or their healing taken.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)