The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

No available research slot.

• Kahina
    Kahina
    ✭✭✭
    So my one hand sword with decisive finished researching. Still bugged. Can't start another one hand sword. All the other items in blacksmithing appear to be OK. I can start them going.

dYE3LW3.png

Thankfully, the script given previously worked this time (I *may* have been using it wrong) and I was able to resume researching one hand swords.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kahina wrote: »
    The guild I buy most from in Vvardenfell (Savage Blade) were the cheapest for a OH Sword with a trait. And even they were pricing OH Swords beyond reasonable basics for research worthy material.

Good heavens. ...if you are on PC NA, shoot me a mail and I'll try to find what you need. Heck, ask in chat and if you have some iron and a trait stone there's tons of people who would do it for free.

I used to make cheapo versions of many of the traits and sell them for 100g apiece and I felt I was kinda overcharging, but they would sell okay.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • malhawke
    malhawke
    Soul Shriven
    silvereyes wrote: »

Thankfully, there is a way to cancel the bugged timer with script commands.

The following chat command force cancels all bugged research lines while at a craft station:
    /script local s=GetCraftingInteractionType() for l=1,GetNumSmithingResearchLines(s) do for i=1,select(3,GetSmithingResearchLineInfo(s,l)) do if select(3,GetSmithingResearchLineTraitInfo(s,l,i)) and select(2,GetSmithingResearchLineTraitTimes(s,l,i)) then CancelSmithingTraitResearch(s,l,i) end end end

Alternatively, my addon AutoResearch does this automatically whenever you go to a craft station with a bugged timer: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1652-AutoResearch.html

Had this bug for a week now, which remained even after yesterday's 'fix.' Found this thread/script and finally I can craft again! Cheers
  • Dharnagon
    Dharnagon
    ✭✭✭
    I've reported this bug multiple times on both Morrowind live and HotR PTS, but I guess it hasn't been fixed.

The issue is that sometimes a research timer gets reset once research is completed, even though the research is complete. The combination of active timer + complete status leaves the system in limbo, unable to start new research until the research line with the timer is canceled, but unable to cancel the timer due to some check in the cancel research UI.

The following chat command force cancels all bugged research lines while at a craft station:
    /script local s=GetCraftingInteractionType() for l=1,GetNumSmithingResearchLines(s) do for i=1,select(3,GetSmithingResearchLineInfo(s,l)) do if select(3,GetSmithingResearchLineTraitInfo(s,l,i)) and select(2,GetSmithingResearchLineTraitTimes(s,l,i)) then CancelSmithingTraitResearch(s,l,i) end end end

Alternatively, my addon AutoResearch does this automatically whenever you go to a craft station with a bugged timer: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1652-AutoResearch.html

EDIT: to clarify, the above command does *not* cancel all research. Only the research line and trait that is stuck.

Thx, bro.
    The Pride of The Eagle is its power itself!
    Eagles, Advance!
  • PRX_Menion
    PRX_Menion
    ✭✭✭
    I have multiple characters affected by this bug affecting Blacksmithing, Clothing and Woodworking stations. ESO charges 400 crowns per Instant Blacksmithing, Clothing and Woodworking Research scroll to reduce research time on a project by 1 day. I certainly hope that ESO keeps this in mind after the multiple days this bug has been in effect...

They wont. Giving away free scrolls to players would cut into their bottom line...
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Apologies everyone, I didn't read closely enough when looking at the research bug that was being fixed in yesterday's patch, and it clearly wasn't the one you all are still experiencing. We're still working on fixing this particular issue and will roll it out as soon as we can.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • delarb14_ESO
    delarb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    I am still having the research not available bug affecting all of my characters!
    Edited by delarb14_ESO on August 23, 2017 9:33AM
  • delarb14_ESO
    delarb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    2/3 Research Slots but can not start a new project

Edited by delarb14_ESO on August 23, 2017 9:33AM
  • klynhorton
    klynhorton
    Soul Shriven
    I'm running into the same issue - I can't research more than one blacksmith or woodworking item at a time although I have available skill slots. I turned in a support request several days ago to which I received no response; thought it would be fixed with Monday's patch but it's not; started happening shortly after newest DLC download.

This is on almost all toons - Warden in Vvardenfell, Mage in Glenumbra, Mage in Shadowfen, Nightblade in Auridon, etc. so it doesn't seem to be limited to any one zone or toon type.
  • klynhorton
    klynhorton
    Soul Shriven
    UPDATE: It has also now started up with Clothing research as well.
  • bigheadsfork
    bigheadsfork
    Soul Shriven
    GH1Kd4q.jpg

I am having the same issue. I am researching 2/3 clothing items and cannot research a third because it says I have no available slots. I have attached a screenshot. This has been going on for several days and it blocking any further research progress
  • dalmasetto
    dalmasetto
    Soul Shriven
    I've reported this bug multiple times on both Morrowind live and HotR PTS, but I guess it hasn't been fixed.

The issue is that sometimes a research timer gets reset once research is completed, even though the research is complete. The combination of active timer + complete status leaves the system in limbo, unable to start new research until the research line with the timer is canceled, but unable to cancel the timer due to some check in the cancel research UI.

EDIT: to clarify, the above command does *not* cancel all research. Only the research line and trait that is stuck.

What would I nee to change in this script to get it to work on the woodworking table (which is bugged for me)?
  • Amaleet
    Amaleet
    ✭✭
    I used the script for woodworking with no changes, however, I did need to log out then back in for it to work.
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used this script on my character with no points in research who COULD NOT DO ANY research and it worked... Thanks for the fix!

Edit:

I have two other characters that have limited researching available due to this bug.... I may have to try it on them as well.
    Edited by Imza on August 28, 2017 11:48AM
  • Foosbooty
    Foosbooty
    Soul Shriven
    So we have a script that fixes it, but no fix in the new patch???
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Foosbooty wrote: »
    So we have a script that fixes it, but no fix in the new patch???

Probably never gonna be fixed, like a lot of the bugs.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect if there is an external fix - why woiuld they bother with trying to replicate someone else's work?
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kahina, @silvereyes, @ZOS_GinaBruno

This bug appears to be back again in 4.0.5 (Summerset launch day). Tested with and without Addons enabled.
    The script to free up the "locked" unavailable research slot does not seem to work anymore, possibly because there is a new crafting type in today's build (Jewelry). Fortunately, this only affects one of my toons so far. /bug report: 20180521-003596

Does anyone know how to update this script appropriately?

Edit: just to clarify, yes I tried the script and no, it doesn't work anymore - maybe because there are 4 equipment crafting types now, instead of 3?
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on May 22, 2018 3:27PM
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kahina wrote: »
    As a side note, you lot (the trade guilds) are ******* disgusting. The guild I buy most from in Vvardenfell (Savage Blade) were the cheapest for a OH Sword with a trait. And even they were pricing OH Swords beyond reasonable basics for research worthy material.
    Sorry for off-topic but I can't let this comment slide...
    If no one would buy the items for "overprice", then the prices would drop.

No, then nobody would sell them.
    It's not something that people are going to make and sell unless there is a market, like anything else.

The price is just set as high as people feel they can get away with, usually by market flippers buying up the stock and reselling higher and people checking all the addons and website data for price info and setting their price "up to that" rather than what they think would be fair and get it sold faster.

This is the problem of unlimited supply and limited demand of a video game.

Edit:
    That causes both too low prices and stupid high prices on grindy items. Game economies never really work because they just don't work like the real world.

Hell, the real world economy doesn't even really work when you consider people die of starvation and disease and not having shelter from the elements because they don't have anything to trade to begin with for those things and the land is owned by some rich person so they can't just farm or cut down trees or dig a hole for a home because it would be illegal and get them killed often whether by the legal system of their country or just the property owner or some person illegally claiming the property by force.

So, I agree with the person you quoted. Prices are really stupid in this game for common items and even more stupid for rare items. They just support bot farming and paying real money to bot farmers for gold instead of playing the game and earning things like we should be doing.
    Welcome to Elder Synths Online where nobody is really here.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on May 22, 2018 2:27AM
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mystrius_Archaion - I don't think you replied to the correct forum posting? None of your comments are in connection with the trait research slot problem. Note that this is an old thread that I necro'd today, because the original problem has reappeared.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mystrius_Archaion - I don't think you replied to the correct forum posting? None of your comments are in connection with the trait research slot problem. Note that this is an old thread that I necro'd today, because the original problem has reappeared.

oops
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It should still work, even with Jewelry Crafting, I believe. You have to have the appropriate craft station interface open, though.
  • VanyelMohr
    VanyelMohr
    ✭✭✭

It should still work, even with Jewelry Crafting, I believe. You have to have the appropriate craft station interface open, though.

I'm getting this bug with Woodworking even though Jewelry Crafting is working fine. I tried the script and it didn't work for me.
  • Auros
    Auros
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously old bug reappeared and should be fixed again by ZOS.
  • Teckil
    Teckil
    Soul Shriven
    Same here. You guys broke this thing again.
  • Mr_Conflicts
    Mr_Conflicts
    ✭✭
    Auros wrote: »

Indeed, it appears to be a new version of an old bug. I have encountered this bug while attempting to research clothing traits. However, as the old fix no longer works, I am not sure its the same exact bug. One thing I am wondering is if it is related to my usage of the skill reset shrine. Yesterday I decided to utilize the skill reset at a shrine and I hadn't experienced any crafting or research problems until that reset of my skills. I went to sleep right after I did the skill reset, and when I woke up this morning, I noticed that I could research a trait for a piece of clothing. This is when I encountered the bug.
  • Mr_Conflicts
    Mr_Conflicts
    ✭✭
    Auros wrote: »

Indeed, it appears to be a new version of an old bug. I have encountered this bug while attempting to research clothing traits. However, as the old fix no longer works, I am not sure its the same exact bug. One thing I am wondering is if it is related to my usage of the skill reset shrine. Yesterday I decided to utilize the skill reset at a shrine and I hadn't experienced any crafting or research problems until that reset of my skills. I went to sleep right after I did the skill reset, and when I woke up this morning, I noticed that I could research a trait for a piece of clothing. This is when I encountered the bug.

I logged back on, and it was no longer saying I had an open slot. Apparently I had a trait for a piece of clothing that had not quite completed being researched. I am not sure why it appeared completed before I had logged out, but a restart of the game seems to have fixed whatever was causing this problem for me. However, now it appears my woodworking research is experiencing the bug my clothing research had been experiencing.
    Edited by Mr_Conflicts on May 22, 2018 2:13PM
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got the bug as well with woodworking, it shows 2 research ongoing, and cannot start a 3rd one.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue is showing up for Jewelry crafting as well somehow - cross-referencing to https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/414058/jewelry-research-bugged