The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

No available research slot.

• Æterny
    Æterny
    ✭✭
    Im Having the same Bug 2/3 blacksmith slots and can't research a new trait. Tried the scrip and it doesn't work too

8e6rtyex5uaq.png
  • DamenAJ
    DamenAJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to pop this up, todays maintenance did not fix this problem.

I've been getting these off and on on all of my crafts, it's driving me nuts.
  • Lex7xeL
    Lex7xeL
    ✭✭
    I have 2/3 clothing and can't start new research.
  • Lex7xeL
    Lex7xeL
    ✭✭
    I've restarted the game and problem solved, now 3/3 displayed.
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this bug (or something similar?) on a character last night and again this morning on another. I've been keeping track of all my timed research outside of the game and discovered that between the two characters, three of my research pieces in the equipment crafts were no longer active or showing that they had even been started at all. After acquiring a new piece to restart the same research, it showed up 3/3 at the workbench.

Edit: I have 3/3 for all crafts showing again on one character. It's reverted to 2/3 on the other but a different piece than the one from last night is bugged instead. I've been researching the 8th and 9th traits on a light armor hat, sash and medium boots. Last night the bench was showing me 2/3 and the light hat trait that is supposed to have 20+ days left isn't even showing as being started yet. After this morning's update and a restart it was back again but still at 2/3. Now it's showing that the sash trait isn't active anymore and appears as though I never started it even though I know I'm just over two weeks into that research. Sorry if this is confusing, it barely makes any sense to me.

Edit 2: The clothing research is 3/3 back to normal, didn't change anything just logged on, played for a bit and checked after. Of course now the woodworking is messed up again back to 2/3. I had the nirnhoned trait for bows going that was set to expire tomorrow after 21 days and is now showing as "Unknown". Last night it was the nirnhoned shield trait that was bugged that led me to waste a fortified nirncrux before I realized what was even happening.

Sent a report - 180523 001459
    Edited by Ri_Khan on May 23, 2018 5:53PM
  • Redevil1973
    i cant research anything on any of my characters. even my new one, not showing any items to research when I am at crafting stations. I can refine, deconstruct create and improve but not research.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To clarify the problem (at least for jewelry), it seems that the UI for the crafting station is sometimes incorrectly showing that a research slot is free. I started a 12 hour jewelry research on one toon last night, signed in at 8am the next morning and it appeared to have completed (two hours early). (I got the "no Research Slots Available" message when trying to start a new research.) Checking in a bit later after the jewelry research SHOULD have completed, and I was able to start researching a new trait as normal.

Update: in addition to (incorrectly) showing a research slot is free when this bug occurs, the UI will show that the trait that you are actually currently researching is NOT researched yet. It appears as if you have not begun researching it.
    The only workaround that I am aware of for this issue is to simply wait until the (invisible) trait research completes. The research slot will then actually be available and the trait researched will show as known.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on May 25, 2018 4:25PM
  • CiliPadi
    CiliPadi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just chiming in that I experienced this with my crafter today with Clothing .. shows 2/3 research, but unable to start a research ... restarted game a few times, but I am still getting this bug...
  • Amarlado
    Amarlado
    ✭✭✭
    I also experienced this today; I disabled all my addons, re-entered, and showed 3/3. Then I re-enabled all my addons, re-entered, and showed 2/3 (the original bug).

So it's one of my addons, but I didn't have time to figure out which one. (Or a LUA function that the addon relies upon)
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amarlado wrote: »
    I also experienced this today; I disabled all my addons, re-entered, and showed 3/3. Then I re-enabled all my addons, re-entered, and showed 2/3 (the original bug).

So it's one of my addons, but I didn't have time to figure out which one. (Or a LUA function that the addon relies upon)

@Amarlado,
    I tried this on two toons that had the bug this morning. Disabled all addons, one by one, and was still seeing the bug. I did not try to relog as well though.
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So after a couple days of dealing with this, it appears that the bug doesn't happen as long as I'm not researching a jewelry trait. If I start a new jewelry trait, the next time I log on to that character, it comes back. The timer still counts down and the "missing research" finishes as usual but it just randomly doesn't display one of the active items in the workbenches. I could see how this would be really annoying if I hadn't been keeping track of everything on an app.
  • GaelicCat
    GaelicCat
    ✭✭
    I got this bug today too. I was trying to research a third clothing item. The UI showed 2/3 slots in use, but said there were no slots available when attempting to research. This character was also researching a jewelry trait at the time, and it's the first character I've had this bug appear on. None of my other characters have had this bug, and none are currently researching jewelry traits besides this one.

Edit: I tried to replicate the bug on another character. I filled all research slots except jewelrycrafting, then started researching a jewelry trait. After logging out and back in again, the jewelry research showed 0/1 slots in use, however, trying to research another trait gave the "No Research Slots Available" message.
    Edited by GaelicCat on May 29, 2018 3:34AM
  • Aleris
    Aleris
    ✭✭✭
    Why is no one answering? I thought they would fix it in today’s patch but nothing in the notes.
    Really please answer?
  • CiliPadi
    CiliPadi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still not fixed after today's patch. Logged in my crafter and still said no research slots available when the game shows 2/3 researching ...
  • Aluneth
    Aluneth
    ✭✭✭✭
    CiliPadi wrote: »
    Still not fixed after today's patch. Logged in my crafter and still said no research slots available when the game shows 2/3 researching ...

Same here.
  • Keredh
    Keredh
    Got this bug, too. Along with fish filleting it is driving me nuts.
  • Striken7
    Striken7
    ✭✭✭
    P2J2 wrote: »
    So after a couple days of dealing with this, it appears that the bug doesn't happen as long as I'm not researching a jewelry trait. If I start a new jewelry trait, the next time I log on to that character, it comes back. The timer still counts down and the "missing research" finishes as usual but it just randomly doesn't display one of the active items in the workbenches. I could see how this would be really annoying if I hadn't been keeping track of everything on an app.

From what I've seen, it only happens if you have 13 different research timers going on at once. Logging out/in would get it to change which workstation was affected, but one of them was always bugged. In just the last day, I'm down to my last 2 woodworking research, so that workstation is now 2/3 (correctly) and I have not had the bug at all since then.

I can only guess that something was not adjusted to the fact that we can have more than 12 research going at a time now.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: I have not seen this bug in the last few days. I suspect that one of the recent server reboots fixed it somehow, since I have not seen any mention of it in the patch notes.
  • DamenAJ
    DamenAJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update: I have not seen this bug in the last few days. I suspect that one of the recent server reboots fixed it somehow, since I have not seen any mention of it in the patch notes.

Still seeing it today, unfortunately.
  • Aleris
    Aleris
    ✭✭✭
    still no answer?
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's still broken.
  • Charoshy
    Charoshy
    ✭✭
    I had this problem 2 weeks ago but I thought it had been fixed. Now I'm having the problem again.
  • stuff12002
    stuff12002
    ✭✭
    Apologies everyone, I didn't read closely enough when looking at the research bug that was being fixed in yesterday's patch, and it clearly wasn't the one you all are still experiencing. We're still working on fixing this particular issue and will roll it out as soon as we can.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Can we please get a reply and update for this? Ive been gushing to others about the incredible design acheievemnts in Summerset. Please dont make me start disliking the game due to lack of actionable response and fixes from your team. Crafting is a big part of my experience here.

Edited by stuff12002 on June 7, 2018 9:43AM
  • Eeri_Ravencaw
    Eeri_Ravencaw
    ✭✭✭
    I've been having this problem 5 days ago with the Clothing line research. It showed 2/3 but won't let me do any more research. Then yesterday the Jewelry research finished and the clothing research showed again. But as soon as I start another JC research, the bug returns.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI, the broken trait research slot issue was listed as fixed in incremental patch 4.0.9 on Monday, June 11 (PC/NA). Might still affect consoles until they get this patch.

I have not verified the fix personally because the issue seemed to disappear for me about a week ago. Then again, it was a fairly inconsistent/intermittent problem to begin with.
  • BmcD73
    BmcD73
    ✭✭✭
    It is broken on the xbox. I am running into this error tonight with clothing 2/3. Script is invalid on the xbox.